Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226986 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:04am On Nov 22, 2016
And Ben Affleck says, "Teach me, Snyder! Teach me, Snyder!"

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
TonySpike:
Well, some people think witchcraft is the darkest form of magic. Maybe that was what China thought...lol
if u ask me, i'll tel u its for a political reason. What was so magical abt SS that they had to ban it? It was just enchantress vanishing, using super strength etc. And they never explicably said she was a witch, only a being fr0m an0ther dimensi0n. So if SS was banned cos of witchcraft, what abt Harry potter?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
philfearon:

The dude always thinks he knows, but the truth is, he is a wannabe!
Lol grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
philfearon:

The dude always thinks he knows, but the truth is, he is a wannabe!

really...?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
Suicide Squad Banned In China; Too Dark, Violent10 Aug 2016 ...Suicide Squad: Too Dark And Violent, Might BeBanned In China; Losses Huge MarketForFilm.www.movienewsguide.com/../2
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:36am On Nov 23, 2016
Minemrys:

if u ask me, i'll tel u its for a political reason. What was so magical abt SS that they had to ban it? It was just enchantress vanishing, using super strength etc. And they never explicably said she was a witch, only a being fr0m an0ther dimensi0n. So if SS was banned cos of witchcraft, what abt Harry potter?
You are correct, it's political!
Even Harry Potter was delayed before finally being allowed.
Deadpool and Ghostbusters were also banned in China this year!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:01am On Nov 23, 2016
Meaning China market is favouring Disney/marvel?
though, there could be some truth, but I don't still buy it.
Deadpool was mainly banned because of its use of "language" and the R-rating stuff.
That's why Fox/Marvel went for a lesser budget because they knew how its turn out would be....

For the record, SS was meant to be R-rated movie, and not PG-13... they decided to twist it during editing so it could passed for PG-13. They even changed the title to "Task-Force" in China just to get a free pass.
I don't believe in the Japanese emblem tied by Katana hindered anything.... though there are also political reasons too...

I didn't just make the "witchcraft" stuff myself, most critics said that.... e.g Scott Mendelson, MarkHughfilms and few others said so...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Top 10 action scenes from DC live action movies. Do you agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUi-pF7dScA

I personally think, the trinity fight against doomsday in BVS should have made the list!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:02am On Nov 23, 2016
kryptonian1987:
Meaning China market is favouring Disney/marvel?
though, there could be some truth, but I don't still buy it.
Deadpool was mainly banned because of its use of "language" and the R-rating stuff.
That's why Fox/Marvel went for a lesser budget because they knew how its turn out would be....

For the record, SS was meant to be R-rated movie, and not PG-13... they decided to twist it during editing so it could passed for PG-13. They even changed the title to "Task-Force" in China just to get a free pass.
I don't believe in the Japanese emblem tied by Katana hindered anything.... though there are also political reasons too...

I didn't just make the "witchcraft" stuff myself, most critics said that.... e.g Scott Mendelson, MarkHughfilms and few others said so...
how dark was SS? It wasn't.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2016
Minemrys:

how dark was SS? It wasn't.

True, SS was just your normal action movie with shootings and some magical manipulations. The only thing dark about SS is the action scenes occurring mainly at night. Almost all BVS action scenes occurred at night too, but that's because Batman is a night vigilante!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 12:19am On Nov 24, 2016
after seeing the wonder woman trailer 2 I think its going to be the best Dceu movie yet...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
Just a little bit of DCTV here. This is the official trailer of the four-episode crossover from starting with Supergirl on Monday (Nov. 28), Flash on Tuesday (Nov. 29), Arrow on Wednesday (Nov. 30) and Legends of Tomorrow on Thursday (Dec 1). That's a whooping 160 minutes of live action from DC! I hope it's actually worth the watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfvEscEGWfI
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
Jason Momoa on set of Justice League

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
I just so much love DCEU, DCAU and DCTVU!!!
Really enjoying DC.... also, we shouldn't forget that Justice League Action will be premiered this weekend!!!!!!
DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 11:22am On Nov 25, 2016
TonySpike:
Just a little bit of DCTV here. This is the official trailer of the four-episode crossover from starting with Supergirl on Monday (Nov. 28), Flash on Tuesday (Nov. 29), Arrow on Wednesday (Nov. 30) and Legends of Tomorrow on Thursday (Dec 1). That's a whooping 160 minutes of live action from DC! I hope it's actually worth the watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfvEscEGWfI

DEATHSTROKE!!!!!!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
This is why I will choose BvS UE over any Marvel movie, any day and anytime....

not in defense or arguing, movie goers are not ready for a thick, deep, and dark superheroes story telling style of Zack Snyder. Even with Watchmen and 300, a lot of people are confused. BvS is the same, especially with the troublesometheatrical release. Watching BvS Ultimate Cuts explains most of the missing storylines and explanations.Comparing to Marvel's movies which have thinner storylines and more mindless actions scenes, snyderverse is aiming for young adults to adult viewers. Marvel is aiming for children. Personally, I can watch again BvS Ultimate Cuts and enjoy it and even have a discussion in 5-10 years from now, but I can only watch the first Avengers and just laugh about it.But then again, that's my personal thought.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
kryptonian1987:

not in defense or arguing, movie goers are not ready for a thick, deep, and dark superheroes story telling style of Zack Snyder. Even with Watchmen and 300, a lot of people are confused. BvS is the same, especially with the troublesometheatrical release. Watching BvS Ultimate Cuts explains most of the missing storylines and explanations.Comparing to Marvel's movies which have thinner storylines and more mindless actions scenes, snyderverse is aiming for young adults to adult viewers. Marvel is aiming for children. Personally, I can watch again BvS Ultimate Cuts and enjoy it and even have a discussion in 5-10 years from now, but I can only watch the first Avengers and just laugh about it.But then again, that's my personal thought.
Can't you allow marvel be
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
Now, in defense of BvS Ultimate Cuts, so far people are served with the notions that superheroes are Gods, whatever they do, people will cheer, even if the casualties are high. Marvel movies showed that clearly. With millions dies, superheroes got a slap on their hands by only required to register. In Snyderverse, Superman must face a trial filled with dilemmatic questions of whether Superman must obey humans' laws or not. Expanding the moral question of Superman's decision to kill the only other Krypton survivor to save several humans.On the other side, all these years of remakes, Batman is always drawn as non-killer. Since BvSis based on 90s DC comics, Batman do kills, especially in Frank Miller's storylines. With traumatic youth and 20 years of disappointment as a vigilante that results the death of Robin, I would say it is a logical conclusion that when Batman comes back, he will kill those who do thecrimes. People still cannot accept a graphic superhero killing spree as Batman in BvS.On the note that Batman said he failed Superman, the simple answer is Superman sacrifice his life to kill Doomsday and avoid further bloodshed. Batman feels obligated to pay Superman his respect.I would say BvS is a more humanistic view of superheroes compared to 2 rivaling superheroes fighting in an empty airport (which is curiously impossible and coming out with only 1 nearly crippled casualty).I'm not going to explain Martha coz it has been explained in details, but I do wish Snyder gave the great Diana Lane more credit and extend her scenes a bit more to strengthen earth mother-supermanrelationship bond. Amy Adams' Lois Lane is brilliant in Ultimate Cuts.Then again, that's my personal opinion anyhow.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
I watched Dr Strange movie some days ago. Apart from the stunning visual effects, i felt like I was watching Iron man origin all over again, except with a slightly different story. I wasn't totally impressed because inspite of its blockbuster status, it really didn't feel like one. That said, it would seem that Marvel has reached a level where any of its produced movie becomes an instant hit, no matter what. Good for them too..

This is my opinion though...no hard feelings
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
kryptonian1987:
Now, in defense of BvS Ultimate Cuts, so far people are served with the notions that superheroes are Gods, whatever they do, people will cheer, even if the casualties are high. Marvel movies showed that clearly. With millions dies, superheroes got a slap on their hands by only required to register. In Snyderverse, Superman must face a trial filled with dilemmatic questions of whether Superman must obey humans' laws or not. Expanding the moral question of Superman's decision to kill the only other Krypton survivor to save several humans.On the other side, all these years of remakes, Batman is always drawn as non-killer. Since BvSis based on 90s DC comics, Batman do kills, especially in Frank Miller's storylines. With traumatic youth and 20 years of disappointment as a vigilante that results the death of Robin, I would say it is a logical conclusion that when Batman comes back, he will kill those who do thecrimes. People still cannot accept a graphic superhero killing spree as Batman in BvS.On the note that Batman said he failed Superman, the simple answer is Superman sacrifice his life to kill Doomsday and avoid further bloodshed. Batman feels obligated to pay Superman his respect.I would say BvS is a more humanistic view of superheroes compared to 2 rivaling superheroes fighting in an empty airport (which is curiously impossible and coming out with only 1 nearly crippled casualty).I'm not going to explain Martha coz it has been explained in details, but I do wish Snyder gave the great Diana Lane more credit and extend her scenes a bit more to strengthen earth mother-supermanrelationship bond. Amy Adams' Lois Lane is brilliant in Ultimate Cuts.Then again, that's my personal opinion anyhow.
Batman has killed in almost all his live action movies since the 80's. I don't know why people were unnecessarily picking out Batman's actions in BVS.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
I must agree that I wasn't particularly enthralled by Dr Strange when I watched it. It all felt so familiar. Marvel is good, and at this point whether they do a great movie or not the brand will sell the movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
TonySpike:

Batman has killed in almost all his live action movies since the 80's. I don't know why people were unnecessarily picking out Batman's actions in BVS.

Cause they feel like saying something.... grin
I still baffles how people will see CW as a superior movie to BvS UE! I've spent time upon time watching both, still I see no way CW can best BvS UE... BvS UE, to me, still maintained that topnotch overall!!! remember I said BvS UE, and not BvS TC!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
waywardpikin:
I must agree that I wasn't particularly enthralled by Dr Strange when I watched it. It all felt so familiar. Marvel is good, and at this point whether they do a great movie or not the brand will sell the movie.

that's exactly the point! Marvel doesn't need good story plot to sell, the brand and critics are already doing it for them.

The way Batman, Superman, WW and....probably Flash are to DC same way any movie under MCU is to Marvel. MCU carries the movie and not the movie carrying itself...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Cause they feel like saying something.... grin
I still baffles how people will see CW as a superior movie to BvS UE! I've spent time upon time watching both, still I see no way CW can best BvS UE... BvS UE, to me, still maintained that topnotch overall!!! remember I said BvS UE, and not BvS TC!
By the way, BVS UE is now outselling CW in Blu-ray sales despite the fact that BVS has been the market 6 weeks earlier. In total, BVS has made close to $70 million in DVD and Blu-ray sales.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
TonySpike:

By the way, BVS UE is now outselling CW in Blu-ray sales despite the fact that BVS has been the market 6 weeks earlier. In total, BVS has made close to $70 million in DVD and Blu-ray sales.

Bro, you are on point...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 12:08am On Nov 27, 2016
kryptonian1987:

you just disgraced yourself again saying Marvel films are aimed for kids,first you did not even know witchcraft is part of magic....I think its best if don't speak again so that you won't disgrace the DCEU......(ITK)
angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:20am On Nov 27, 2016
MJBOLT:

you just disgraced yourself again saying Marvel films are aimed for kids,first you did not even know witchcraft is part of magic....I think its best if don't speak again so that you won't disgrace the DCEU......(ITK)
angry

So this one pain you die that's why you reply me... grin
e dey pain kids when dey see no one to play with.... go your lane/thread and comments then see if I will reply, Marveltard.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:26am On Nov 27, 2016
kryptonian1987:

e dey pain kids when dey see no one to play with.... go your lane/thread and comments then see if I will reply, Marveltard.....

Bro please, we don't wanna start another war here. Let's live in peace grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:28am On Nov 27, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Bro, you are on point...

Only Marveltards will choose that fight fight without reasoning movie called CW to BvS UE!
BvS UE remains the best; plot to subplots story which gradually built momentum forces right from it first scene to climax......
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:34am On Nov 27, 2016
TonySpike:

Bro please, we don't wanna start another war here. Let's live in peace grin

then, abeg, help me tell am to move over to his thread with the speed of light!
I don't go to their thread to challenge their thoughts or opinions, cause it is theirs-they can have their fun...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2016
grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
kryptonian1987:

dc fans are so fvking stupid as they get to know they can not win argument they start talking about comics or animated movies or dark knight trilogy or BvS UE..... those guys are fvking dumb the real battle is between mcu and dceu and in matter of success dceu is nowhere near mcu

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.