Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237372 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Peppul: 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
Check this out....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:25am On Nov 16, 2016
Peppul:
Check this out....
the crime syndicate.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
I love the movies from Marvel Cinematic Universe, but somehow I always prefer movies from DCU. They are dark and mature(Only Captain America though has this). And probably Dr Strange!

That aside, why didn't DC do a Flash movie first(with an origin story for the Big Screen) before the Justice League movie arrives(Or don't they see the potentials in that before CW kills that character?)? Or is it a future stuff?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
philfearon:
I love the movies from Marvel Cinematic Universe, but somehow I always prefer movies from DCU. They are dark and mature(Only Captain America though has this). And probably Dr Strange!

That aside, why didn't DC do a Flash movie first(with an origin story for the Big Screen) before the Justice League movie arrives(Or don't they see the potentials in that before CW kills that character?)? Or is it a future stuff?

The Flash movie is in pre-production already even though the movie lost its director some weeks ago. I think DCEU is working on a timeline that fits a bigger picture, hence, that's why the flash movie is coming only later in 2018.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
TonySpike:

The Flash movie is in pre-production already even though the movie lost its director some weeks ago. I think DCEU is working on a timeline that fits a bigger picture, hence, that's why the flash movie is coming only later in 2018.
Good to know.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2016
We shouldn't be surprised if JL is released today!
Today is exactly one year before our beloved Heroes teaming together to fight a formidable foe is premiered!!!
Like I said, we shouldn't be.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2016
We shouldn't be surprised if JL Trailer is released today!
Today is exactly one year before our beloved Heroes teaming together to fight a formidable foe is premiered!!!
Like I said, we shouldn't be.....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:09am On Nov 19, 2016
Why teasing us with a green lantern appearing? allow us to walk into cinemas without total ideas of something as great as that showing up! It should have been a big surprise to everyone, knowing nothing of such, but ended up being stunned when he/she appeared.
This is practically why the other fans always play with our brands.... Do not raise the hype over the roof so quick, cause that will bring too much expectations, especially from our brothers at the other room grin
I just hope the rumour isn't true o!

Main while, has anyone noticed that there hasn't been any magazine, journal, article or even critic writing/talking how much Doctor Strange needs to turn a profit? All we see is: a budget of $165m, grossing $504m (as at Thursday) - Doctor Strange is turning good profit... It perhaps tells us there is something fishy out there.
SS: budget $175m, grossed $745m. Yet (initially) they were telling us "SS needs $800m to (just) breakeven"!! lol!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2016
kryptonian1987:
Why teasing us with a green lantern appearing? allow us to walk into cinemas without total ideas of something as great as that showing up! It should have been a big surprise to everyone, knowing nothing of such, but ended up being stunned when he/she appeared.
This is practically why the other fans always play with our brands.... Do not raise the hype over the roof so quick, cause that will bring too much expectations, especially from our brothers at the other room grin

Main while, has anyone noticed that there hasn't been any magazine, journal, article or even critic writing/talking how much Doctor Strange needs to turn a profit? All we see is: a budget of $165m, grossing $504m (as at Thursday) - Doctor Strange is turning good profit... It perhaps tells us there is something fishy out there.
SS: budget $175m, grossed $745m. Yet (initially) they were telling us "SS needs $800m to (just) breakeven"!! lol!!

Explain the bolded bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2016
philfearon:

[/b]
Explain the bolded bro.

if you find it difficult to get the point I'm trying to make, then don't bother.... maybe it's not for you...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 10:09am On Nov 19, 2016
kryptonian1987:

if you find it difficult to get the point I'm trying to make, then don't bother.... maybe it's not for you...

He might not know na, humour him.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:48am On Nov 19, 2016
kryptonian1987:

I wonder why Dr Strange cost that much though? Perhaps, it's because of the grand VFX therein. I also wonder why Suicide Squad was banned in China and not Dr Strange. Aren't they both about dark magic? Anyway, for the next two weeks or so, Warner Bros' Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is ruling the box office.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Oh really? You were making a point?
Why even bother!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
waywardpikin:

He might not know na, humour him.
Actually, i do know. What perturbs me is what's his ish with how much Dr Strange is bringing in?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
TonySpike:

I wonder why Dr Strange cost that much though? Perhaps, it's because of the grand VFX therein. I also wonder why Suicide Squad was banned in China and not Dr Strange. Aren't they both about dark magic? Anyway, for the next two weeks or so, Warner Bros' Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is ruling the box office.

yes of course. though, it's certified fresh, but critics are not slowing down bashing Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them.

I'm still waiting for any site that tell us Dr Strange's breakeven point, but none has done that. Just wait and see how they will come out from their caves when WW is premiered! Just take note o, cos I have been literally following most sites to see if we would see anything of such nature (since), but non.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
kryptonian1987:

When SS was released there was friction btw DC fans and RT because DC fans thought RT always rated Marvel movies high no matter what. Concerning SS' ban in China I think it's based on DC's rep in China at the time of the release. No b only Naija politicking dey happen
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
mrletsgo:

When SS was released there was friction btw DC fans and RT because DC fans thought RT always rated Marvel movies high no matter what. Concerning SS' ban in China I think it's based on DC's rep in China at the time of the release. No b only Naija politicking dey happen

I think SS banned got to do with the villain. China market doesn't allow witchcraft. that was what I learnt....
I had come acrossed an article that explained more about why it was banned...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
So Doctor Strange and the Ancient One are scientists? Well it's their call.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
kryptonian1987:

I think SS banned got to do with the villain. China market doesn't allow witchcraft. that was what I learnt....
I had come acrossed an article that explained more about why it was banned...
I've seen witchcraft, sorcery and demons in many Chinese movies. I really don't think the villain is the main problem. China censors any movie that may give her citizens funny political ideas, whether witchcraft or not. Dr Strange was particularly able to pass through the Chinese box office censorship because of Disney's huge influence in China.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
TonySpike:

I've seen witchcraft, sorcery and demons in many Chinese movies. I really don't think the villain is the main problem. China censors any movie that may give her citizens funny political ideas, whether witchcraft or not. Dr Strange was particularly able to pass through the Chinese box office censorship because of Disney's huge influence in China.

Ok. Maybe you are right!
Though I'm doing some diggings, to find where I came across "why SS was banned in China". If I get my hands on it I will definitely let you know first... All the same, Disney has a way of by-passing most scrutinizing odds. They are very good at that... grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
mrletsgo:
So Doctor Strange and the Ancient One are scientists? Well it's their call.

I have not seen Dr Strange yet. But I think Strange is more of magic than witchcraft....
Or perhaps Disney have some "Ogas at the top" there in China doing their biddings grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
kryptonian1987:

I have not seen Dr Strange yet. But I think Strange is more of magic than witchcraft....
Or perhaps Disney have some "Ogas at the top" there in China doing their biddings grin

More of magic than witchcraft?

SS was banned because of Katana (the Chinese hate the Japanese and considering she has the Japanese flag emblazoned on her forehead...you get the idea) , mass murder and witchcraft in descending order of importance.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ellimist:

SS was banned because of Katana (the Chinese hate the Japanese and considering she has the Japanese flag emblazoned on her forehead...you get the idea) , mass murder and witchcraft in descending order of importance.
Now that's a more reasonable reason. All this oyinbo sha
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ellimist:

That's a valid political reason.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonySpike:

That's a valid political reason.
Guess DC's got balls after all. Portraying a japanese character despite knowing how hurtful it could be for its Box Office. Am guessing if china hadn't ban it, SS would've done 800.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
customercaresup:
i want the latest dc movie releasing date plz tell me and i am a big fan of dc movies

[url]customeronlineinfo.in/paytm-24x7-customer-care-toll-free-number.html[/url]
next DC movie is in june 1 next year. Wonder woman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ezra Miller's comment on the flash movie goes as thus:

“[I]n that, The Flash is fully evolved, and you never even see him, right? It’s just like a red mist, and there’s no crime in [Keystone] City. He protects a whole chunk of the country,” Miller said. “So that wouldn’t make for the most interesting film — you know what I mean? What do we have to learn about that guy? That guy barely exists, right? He’s almost one with the Speed Force. So it’s interesting to go to the beginning.”

This Flash is gonna be powerful than the TV version. His blue streak, I understand, is as a result of his unity with the speed force.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
Magic or Witchcraft?? Abeg waz d difference??
Witchcraft/Sorcery is still the same as magic...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Lana1:
Magic or Witchcraft?? Abeg waz d difference??
Witchcraft/Sorcery is still the same as magic...
The dude always thinks he knows, but the truth is, he is a wannabe!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:38am On Nov 22, 2016
Lana1:
Magic or Witchcraft?? Abeg waz d difference?? Witchcraft/Sorcery is still the same as magic...
Nna I was just as surprised as you looool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2016
Well, some people think witchcraft is the darkest form of magic. Maybe that was what China thought...lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.