Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1227141 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 7:36pm On May 23, 2017
TonySpike:

In this alternate ending, Superman used Gorilla Grodd's telekinesis technology to control and enslave Batman. On a serious note, Batman has different methods of defeating Superman. He is a man of resources. .

He is a man of resources, but there are a thousand and one ways supes would EASILY neutralize Bats. He is just flesh and blood, remember that. Heat vision as they are eyeballing each other, ice breath, carry him into space and forget him there, an unrestrained blow to his face, etc.

But of course, Batman is Batman. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2017
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Snyder family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:05am On May 24, 2017
WhiteNoise:

What's wrong with a pop corn forgettable flick though? At the end of the day I just want to be entertained
everything is wr0ng. Its n0t just abt being entertained. Movies are supposed to be a piece of art where alot can be learnt from even with repeatd viewings.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WhiteNoise(m): 7:49am On May 24, 2017
Minemrys:

everything is wr0ng. Its n0t just abt being entertained. Movies are supposed to be a piece of art where alot can be learnt from even with repeatd viewings.
Different strokes for different folks
Movies have made me feel overwhelming emotion: Man on Fire, made me think deeply: The East/Unthinkable/Ex Machina or overwhelmed by its awesomeness: Guardians of the Galaxy
I'm not selective about the kind of experience I want to have when seeing a movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:55pm On May 24, 2017
Let's laugh a little....

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:18pm On May 24, 2017
WhiteNoise:

Different strokes for different folks
Movies have made me feel overwhelming emotion: Man on Fire, made me think deeply: The East/Unthinkable/Ex Machina or overwhelmed by its awesomeness: Guardians of the Galaxy
I'm not selective about the kind of experience I want to have when seeing a movie
we are saying the same thing bro. Would man on fire had made u think deeply if it were just a pop corn forgettable flick that u can't remember what its less0n or story was 0nce u leave the cinema?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:31pm On May 28, 2017
There we have it! The first picture of Aquaman and Mera on the set of Aquaman shooting in Australia. Really cool. We've got just a week left to the premiere of Wonder Woman. Reviews are dropping on Tuesday.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by barackodam: 11:31am On May 29, 2017
TonySpike:

In this alternate ending, Superman used Gorilla Grodd's telekinesis technology to control and enslave Batman. On a serious note, Batman has different methods of defeating Superman. He is a man of resources. .

You make me laugh, if Bruce has diff methods of defeating Clark, then how many methods does Clark have, if defeating Bruce?

In an ideal situation, Clark has won without even starting the fight, but then, the writer always wins
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:31pm On May 29, 2017
Wonder Woman scene and dialogue: comic accurate?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:22am On May 30, 2017
Guys, the verdict on Wonder Woman is streaming out.

Rotten Tomato: 97%
Metacritic: 82%

Let's see where the final scores go...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:53am On May 30, 2017
TonySpike:
Guys, the verdict on Wonder Woman is streaming out.

Rotten Tomato: 97%
Metacritic: 82%

Let's see where the final scores go...
no one cares abt what these guys think. We both knew there was no way w0nder w0man would be bashed. Critics still love their jobs. The real test is JL. The hate is coming. The hate is coming.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:02am On May 30, 2017
Minemrys:

no one cares abt what these guys think. We both knew there was no way w0nder w0man would be bashed. Critics still love their jobs. The real test is JL. The hate is coming. The hate is coming.

No one would harshly criticize a movie with a female as its lead in this era of feminism. I know it's gonna be a great movie though. Better than BvS & Suicide Squad.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:22am On May 30, 2017
waywardpikin:

No one would harshly criticize a movie with a female as its lead in this era of feminism. I know it's gonna be a great movie though. Better than BvS & Suicide Squad.
guys, take n0te of this reviewer, The guardian. It gave WW a negative review. You kn0w whats strange? The fact it gave ghostbusters a positive review and rating. The Dc hate in effect. But cos its a female m0vie, the hate aint in full force.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:34am On May 30, 2017
Minemrys:

guys, take n0te of this reviewer, The guardian. It gave WW a negative review. You kn0w whats strange? The fact it gave ghostbusters a positive review and rating. The Dc hate in effect. But cos its a female m0vie, the hate aint in full force.

Lol, some of these guys are crazy mofos. They criticize DCEU for what they give others pass mark for.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:45am On May 30, 2017
To me, WB has learnt the trick. Most blockbuster movies have an average of 200 reviews. Just befriend about 75 of them, treat them well at the screening with lots of alcohol and good food. You will be surprised at the outcome...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 10:03am On May 30, 2017
TonySpike:
To me, WB has learnt the trick. Most blockbuster movies have an average of 200 reviews. Just befriend about 75 of them, treat them well at the screening with lots of alcohol and good food. You will be surprised at the outcome...

It's simple marketing really. Most things are based on sentiment rather than fact.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:20am On May 30, 2017
TonySpike:
lol. JL shall tell.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:26am On May 30, 2017
waywardpikin:

It's simple marketing really. Most things are based on sentiment rather than fact.

Reviews tend to have a bandwagon effect. If the first 75 reviews are positive, then the other 100 or so reviewers will tone down their scathing reviews. But if the first 75 reviews are bad like the case of BvS, then no mercy for your movie. Come to think of it, many of these reviewers run mushroom blogs without followers. They most regurgitate what earlier reviewers have said about a movie, hence, it becomes a bandwagon effect. Infact, some of them might not even see the movie before penning down their reviews.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:11am On May 30, 2017
Injustice 2 celebrates Wonder Woman events. You can play Injustice 2 with Wonder Woman costumes from the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jtbPUSrv2w
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:14am On May 30, 2017
Did anyone notice that Damian Wayne is a fully-grown robin in Injustice 2? The guy left Batman and followed Supes, what a silly guy...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:12pm On May 30, 2017
Listen to the amazing scores for Wonder Woman by Rupert Gregson-Williams titled:

"Angel on the Wings"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCmY2AaDfg

"No Man's Land" (This one sounds Zimmerish and Junkie XLish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ise1XcxOidQ

Wonder Woman's Wrath (Certainly Zimmerish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chC-nTLh6aA

Amazons of Themisycira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1wfOnvM8s
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by forreelinc(m): 3:17pm On May 30, 2017
smiley hmmm wonder woman seems to be getting positive reviews
We thank God for them
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 3:06am On Jun 01, 2017
Wonder Woman...did not suck. Although, some of the CGI pulled me out a bit. The major reason why it didn't suck? They didn't try to tell every single story (and the kitchen sink's story), they had a story to tell and they stuck with it. They didn't try to do all the world building that BvS tried (and messed up).
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:10am On Jun 01, 2017
cao:
Wonder Woman...did not suck. Although, some of the CGI pulled me out a bit. The major reason why it didn't suck? They didn't try to tell every single story (and the kitchen sink's story), they had a story to tell and they stuck with it. They didn't try to do all the world building that BvS tried (and messed up).
you've seen it?
You didn't have to start ur post with "wonder woman did not suck" like you were expecting it to. Am going to wait and see it myself and make my own opini0n of it. I never expected harsh reviews of it c0ncerning its a feminist film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2017
Minemrys:

you've seen it?
You didn't have to start ur post with "wonder woman did not suck" like you were expecting it to. Am going to wait and see it myself and make my own opini0n of it. I never expected harsh reviews of it c0ncerning its a feminist film.
Refer to the Janelle quote in my signature...that's why it's my own opinion. You can start yours however you want.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2017
waywardpikin:

I don't quite agree with you.
Cat woman was bashed as a very terrible movie.
it's just that some people are blinded by studio affiliations that they won't even admit what is obvious to all
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
TonySpike:

Reviews tend to have a bandwagon effect. If the first 75 reviews are positive, then the other 100 or so reviewers will tone down their scathing reviews. But if the first 75 reviews are bad like the case of BvS, then no mercy for your movie. Come to think of it, many of these reviewers run mushroom blogs without followers. They most regurgitate what earlier reviewers have said about a movie, hence, it becomes a bandwagon effect. Infact, some of them might not even see the movie before penning down their reviews.
Sir, let me ask you a question. Would you say that BVS or suicide qualifies as a good movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2017
cao:

Refer to the Janelle quote in my signature...that's why it's my own opinion. You can start yours however you want.
uhm, there was no need attacking me, you know? I never said anything abt u n0t making ur own opini0n. And, u failed to answer the important questi0n i asked. Have u seen the m0vie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2017
Gmajor:

I don't quite agree with you.
Cat woman was bashed as a very terrible movie.
it's just that some people are blinded by studio affiliations that they won't even admit what is obvious to all
yea, n0 one is saying a bad film shouldn't be criticised the way it should be meant to, but then, while one is bashed, an0ther equal m0vie gets praised, what do u have to say abt that? All am asking is why the heck would the guardian rate ghostbusters an 8/10 then give w0nder w0man a 2/10?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2017
Gmajor:

Sir, let me ask you a question. Would you say that BVS or Justice league qualifies as a good movie?
Good is a relative term, Bro. I enjoyed BVS for most part of it, especially the Ultimate edition. I wasn't all out for comedy and levity when I watched it. So to me, it was a good watch. But there's a threshold beyond good, it's called great. Perhaps that's what you wanted from BVS.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2017
Gmajor:

Sir, let me ask you a question. Would you say that BVS or Justice league qualifies as a good movie?
you see what Tonyspike was saying abt critics penning down their reviews even before the m0vie is out? How can u judge justice league or critic it on it being a bad film the way u saw BvS as, even before its even released? Bros its 5 m0nths fr0m its release na. Haba, lol.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2017
Minemrys:

you see what Tonyspike was saying abt critics penning down their reviews even before the m0vie is out? How can u judge justice league or critic it on it being a bad film the way u saw BvS as, even before its even released? Bros its 5 m0nths fr0m its release na. Haba, lol.
it was a mistake what I wanted to type was suicide squad sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.