Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226886 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Batman from all comics and media. Which is the best, guys?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by stonemind(f): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
Please guys where can I watch this wonder woman movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eberex(m): 7:53am On Jun 19, 2017
stonemind:
Please guys where can I watch this wonder woman movie?

In your nearest Cinema of course!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:20am On Jun 19, 2017
Eberex:

In your nearest Cinema of course!

Lol I'm sure he knows that grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2017
waywardpikin:

Lol I'm sure he knows that grin
lol. He should wait if thats what he intends doing. Haba film no go make im m0ney 4 box office b4 them pirate am again. The dude should wait a little, lets say for 2 weeks b4 the pirated copy is released. By then e for d0n hammer.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2017
TonySpike:
batfleck.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:59am On Jun 19, 2017
TonySpike:

Wonder Woman now at $571 million. I see this movie ending up somewhere north of $700 million. I'm not sure it'll beat Suicide Squad though. .
it can bro. N0w, i can sleep well hopeful, JL would cr0ss the billion $ mark. And, rum0rs are that superman's cousin could show up in M0S 2...supergirl. Brainiac could be the villain. Snyder and Geoff Johns have been working on the story discreetly. Writers are being l0oked for to work on the screenplay. If JL does well, financially and critically, expect 3 films as fr0m 2019 and above.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2017
Minemrys:

it can bro. N0w, i can sleep well hopeful, JL would cr0ss the billion $ mark. And, rum0rs are that superman's cousin could show up in M0S 2...supergirl. Brainiac could be the villain. Snyder and Geoff Johns have been working on the story discreetly. Writers are being l0oked for to work on the screenplay. If JL does well, financially and critically, expect 3 films as fr0m 2019 and above.

The storyline might play out similarly to what happened in Injustice 2. Brainiac was the centre of that story and supergirl might show up. The only difference will be that superman will not be a bad superhero as in Injustice 2. This might explain how Shazam will tie-in also...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Minemrys:
Watched wonder woman yesterday, and my review takes a strange form. Here it goes:
Had the movie been directed by zack snyder with the same directorial vision that was the movie, or had it been titled "Wonder man", it wouldn't have gotten its A rating. Or perhaps it got an A rating simply because it was a crowd pleaser with comedic m0ments than it being anything mind blowing or special. With the way critics were yelling, everything praising it, i expected s0mething philosophical or an art house film like those of Nolan. Boy, was i left disappointed. Its a good film though, but a forgettable flick. Can't even remember what Ares said again, oups [the lasso must've wiped my mem0ry after seeing the m0vie last night].
The critics either went too soft with its criticism/ review or were afraid to do otherwise. Am guessing its because of the backlash fr0m fans after BvS or SS, or the feminist agenda, which explains why this film gets a pass and films like watchmen/ x men the last stand don't. If its the latter, then critics/ m0vie blogs aint to be trusted anymore; which includes me giving this review.
No one should be discouraged [its my opini0n. My opini0n doesn't matter], go see it for yourself but expect your mem0ries to be wiped out after seeing the movie. A 7/10 for me, better than civil war though[i did n0t menti0n any prefix oh before my head gets slaughtered. Civil war can be anything, it could mean the American civil war, led by s0me Captains or the Nigerian civil war led by Ojukwu].

Lol youre so wrong

Ww is easily dc's best since the dark knight

Mos was great alot like ww in sense of the message it is trying to pass....
But ww was generally more hopeful and enjoyable....

Its not a forgettable flick..... Hell. NO ITS ONE OF THE FILMS WE'LL remember for a long time cos of its strong message..

"I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to Mankind. But then I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them there will always be both. A CHOICE EACH MUST MAKE FOR THEMSELVES. SOMETHING NO HERO WILL EVER DEFEAT. Yeah i still remember the last line and a saw it last week....

My guess is you entered into the cinema with a pre presumed opinion about the film.....

If ww got good reviews because its a female lead (which it did not)
What do have to say about catwomans 9% rating

Well heres how ill rate the dceu

Mos 8.5 (highly underrated movie)
Bvs theatre cut 5.5
BvS u.e 7.0
Ss 5.0
WW 8.7

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
Question.... Will the titans series be part of the arrowverse or dceu... I cant see how youll have a dick grayson(already confirmed) without the batman thats if its set in the arrowverse
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
I'm I the only one that thinks that Gal Gadot is kinda skinny?
I was expecting to see a WW that is buff with feminine muscles and such.
the movie is good though.
it's a lot better than SS and BVS
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
question: is Wonder Woman immortal?
can Wonder Woman defeat Zeus since Ares defeated Zeus and WW defeated him.
was WW flying at the end of the movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kingrapha:

Lol youre so wrong

Ww is easily dc's best since the dark knight

Mos was great alot like ww in sense of the message it is trying to pass....
But ww was generally more hopeful and enjoyable....

Its not a forgettable flick..... Hell. NO ITS ONE OF THE FILMS WE'LL remember for a long time cos of its strong message..

"I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to Mankind. But then I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them there will always be both. A CHOICE EACH MUST MAKE FOR THEMSELVES. SOMETHING NO HERO WILL EVER DEFEAT. Yeah i still remember the last line and a saw it last week....

My guess is you entered into the cinema with a pre presumed opinion about the film.....

If ww got good reviews because its a female lead (which it did not)
What do have to say about catwomans 9% rating

Well heres how ill rate the dceu

Mos 8.5 (highly underrated movie)
Bvs theatre cut 5.5
BvS u.e 7.0
Ss 5.0
WW 8.7
Catwoman was released in a time feminism wasn't at its peak, and the media wasn't all too powerful. There's n0thing special with WW but that doesn't make it a bad film. Its a g0od m0vie, but didn't pick my interest. I was expecting to see the horrors of war depictd in full detail, the discriminati0n of w0men in those times, the harsh c0nditi0ns of the war and the wickedness of men bt those themes were played to the c0rner even when the central idea is abt War/the struggle for peace.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Minemrys:

Catwoman was released in a time feminism wasn't at its peak, and the media wasn't all too powerful. There's n0thing special with WW but that doesn't make it a bad film. Its a g0od m0vie, but didn't pick my interest. I was expecting to see the horrors of war depictd in full detail, the discriminati0n of w0men in those times, the harsh c0nditi0ns of the war and the wickedness of men bt those themes were played to the c0rner even when the central idea is abt War/the struggle for peace.
have you watched the animated Wonder Woman movie.
if you have, how would you compare it to the movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
Gmajor:
question: is Wonder Woman immortal?
can Wonder Woman defeat Zeus since Ares defeated Zeus and WW defeated him.
was WW flying at the end of the movie?
s0me things don't need to be outlined to the audience, thats where the thrill in entertainment is.
1. No, she's n0t, since she can be killed, but she has a l0ng life span. She and the amaz0ns and thats why u saw the likes of Hippolyta and Antiope ageing. They d0n't age the way we do. They are like supes. He can live 4 years without influence fr0m kryptonite and so on, but he'll start ageing later on bt much slower.
2. WW defeatd Ares using his weakness. If u watchd the JL animatd series or read the greek mythology you'd kn0w that the god of war is weakened by peace, love. During their fight you'd have n0ticed that the m0re Diana fought bk or attackd Ares, he got strengthened bt when she realised it, she stopped and instead allowed him to attack her with full force while she absorbed the blast with her bracelets and sent them bk calmly and peacefully. Thus Ares used his own powers to kill himself while diana manipulatd his weakness. Its like asking h0w batman defeatd supes in bvs when u saw him using krypt0nite, and thus by that logic assuming bats could defeat flash or WW. No, diana can't defeat zeus cos c0mpared to how she fought Ares, she barely dealt a blow, unless Zeus had a weakness [which is humanity ign0ring him and refusing to worship him] then diana could be able to defeat Zeus. Thats how Ares was able to wound zeus. Every0ne forgot abt the gods except the amaz0ns and zeus only had their worship to strengthen him while Ares had the rage of zeus in that fight fueling him. When zeus realised the only thing that could defeat ares was love, thats where the amaz0ns c0me in [they were creatd to bring love and peace], he decided to father an0ther god bt with the capability to express love, show kindness and bring peace.
3. The ending and full potentials of WW were left open ended. Heck, they even failed to call her w0nder w0man in the film for same reasons.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
Gmajor:
have you watched the animated Wonder Woman movie. if you have, how would you compare it to the movie?
no, i haven't. If u have, how would u c0mpare it to the m0vie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
Minemrys:

wrong again its not a good movie
its awesome... Although the excessive use of slow mo was at first annoying....
Horrors of war? Dude how else did you want it dipicted.... Its a cbm for God sake not saving private ryan.... It dipicted the war excellently that was even one of the strong points of the film....
I saw this film with my my friends and they absolutely loved it... They felt we got our money worth and left the theatre happy unlike the previous dceu movies where i was basically explaining every thing and when we left they were all like meh...
Ww didnt really save the dceu but it was the movie they needed badly... You want full dose war action wait for Nolan's Dunkirk ...

So why dont you say what your problem really is with ww

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Minemrys:

if the horrors of war were to be shown, then WW will be rated R. WB wouldn't want that to happen though. That is Snyder's specialty though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
TonySpike:

if the horrors of war were to be shown, then WW will be rated R. WB wouldn't want that to happen though. That is Snyder's specialty though.
thank God s0me0ne gets my point. I wish WB had the balls. Patty could've directed the film bt with Snyder's guidance. My oh my, WW would've been the talk of centuries. In that way Diana's line abt the h0rrors mankind was capable of in BvS would've had m0re c0ntext. All in all WW is a g0od film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
Kingrapha:
wrong again its not a good movie
its awesome... Although the excessive use of slow mo was at first annoying....
Horrors of war? Dude how else did you want it dipicted.... Its a cbm for God sake not saving private ryan.... It dipicted the war excellently that was even one of the strong points of the film....
I saw this film with my my friends and they absolutely loved it... They felt we got our money worth and left the theatre happy unlike the previous dceu movies where i was basically explaining every thing and when we left they were all like meh...
Ww didnt really save the dceu but it was the movie they needed badly... You want full dose war action wait for Nolan's Dunkirk ...

So why dont you say what your problem really is with ww
i already told u. A film thats supposedly set in world war 1 touched on the aspects softly. Dude, didn't u see Captain America 1? They really dealt with the subject of war in that film than WW attempted to. Going into the m0vie i was expecting to see subjects like female discriminati0n cos that subject was pretty prevalent in those times, but they didn't depict it. They didn't even show the victimizati0n of war, how both sides were affectd and stuffs like that. There were basically no c0nsequences to the war if u were paying attenti0n except Trevor dying. The film went too soft on many matters, s0mething Man of steel wasn't shy of, as it depictd the true extent an alien invasi0n would've had in the real world. Even BvS touched on that. And as for it being awes0me, what made the m0vie awes0me? Was it the few jokes/ banter? They nailed it m0re than marvel in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
Minemrys:

i already told u. A film thats supposedly set in world war 1 touched on the aspects softly. Dude, didn't u see Captain America 1? They really dealt with the subject of war in that film than WW attempted to. Going into the m0vie i was expecting to see subjects like female discriminati0n cos that subject was pretty prevalent in those times, but they didn't depict it. They didn't even show the victimizati0n of war, how both sides were affectd and stuffs like that. There were basically no c0nsequences to the war if u were paying attenti0n except Trevor dying. The film went too soft on many matters, s0mething Man of steel wasn't shy of, as it depictd the true extent an alien invasi0n would've had in the real world. Even BvS touched on that. And as for it being awes0me, what made the m0vie awes0me? Was it the few jokes/ banter? They nailed it m0re than marvel in that aspect.

I think WB decided not to tackle social and political themes because it might ruin the narrative. Those themes have a tendency of also creating unnecessary subplots as we saw in BVS. So going for a simple and uncomplicated narrative was their alternative in WW.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
Wonder Woman end credits sequence. Very colourful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rt6Mvv2BUU
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WhiteNoise(m): 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
TonySpike:

Still love the original
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Micheal Beach joins Aquaman's cast. Could he be playing Black Manta's father?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
Bruce Wayne has got different facial expression with different Justice League members.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
TonySpike:
Bruce Wayne has got different facial expression with different Justice League members.

@ superman: damn this nigga is strong

@ wonderwoman: the things I'd love to do to you in za ozza room

@ aquaman: you talk to fish grin grin

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2017
The haters have started waking up from their sleep. Just check out this spiteful article here

http://whatculture.com/comics/justice-league-9-biggest-mistakes-its-already-made?page=8
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2017
TonySpike:
The haters have started waking up from their sleep. Just check out this spiteful article here

http://whatculture.com/comics/justice-league-9-biggest-mistakes-its-already-made?page=8
criticizing a movie before its release is outrightly preposterous, however, whoever wrote that article make a few good points
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
TonySpike:
you forgot to add flash.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
Gmajor:

criticizing a movie before its release is outrightly preposterous, however, whoever wrote that article make a few good points
how c0me that site never bothered abt writing the 9 points c0ncerning the mistakes spiderboy h0mec0ming had made, m0nths to its release date, to make it a better point? These guys are spoiling peoples business and ruining the fun in entertainment. How abt wait till the m0vie's out b4 posting clickbait articles to 'make few good points'?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
Just downloaded Wonder Woman. I'm a take my time watching it. No rushing this baby
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Sultan5(m): 7:47am On Jul 06, 2017
So Diana isn't really an Amazon, well her mother confirmed much. She is the daughter of Zeus and sister to ares hence a Goddess.

Didn't know all this then again didn't know much about WW. Really nice movie and definitely the best so far in DC universe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.