Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1239912 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by austine5n6(m): 12:25pm On May 30, 2016
Even Marvel Thanos is a complete rip-off of DC Darkseid

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 30, 2016
Who do u think had the best Trilogy??
For me, its Batman!!

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by seribroo56(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2016
Owobobrown:
marvel stole more characters and they make them perfect.
seriously how ? If stealing a characters and turning them into clowns is your defination of perfection, all i have to say is weldone
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Owobobrown(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2016
seribroo56:
seriously how ? If stealing a characters and turning them into clowns is your defination of perfection, all i have to say is weldone
ok
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 9:26am On May 31, 2016
Owobobrown:
marvel stole more characters and they make them perfect.
you mean Hyperion is perfect than superman,or stealing deathstroke and turning him into an unserious mofo called deadpool,if that's what u call 'perfect',then ur on a long thing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:33am On May 31, 2016
Arrow star, Willa Holland, had this to say:

"We were about season two when they started telling us we had to start basically killing off the Suicide Squad that we were starting to build on our own,” Holland recalled. “We were actually trying to build that on our own on the show, and I guess once DC found out they were going to be doing their own movie of it, we had to axe all of the characters before we even got to show them, which was a little annoying at first.”

“Then when Stephen found out there was going to be a Justice League [movie] it only seemed — rightly so — he would be playing Green Arrow on it as well as that Grant [Gustin] would be playing the Flash,” she continued. “It seemed like the right normal answer, and — once they said no — you can’t really fight against them for it, because they are the people that gave us a job in the first place. So you just have to sit there on your hands, like okay, I get it!”

“Marvel does it in their own weird right, kind of mash between ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ and the movies and stuff. So it’s a little upsetting because you know it is possible and it can be done and how good it would be if it was done,” she added.
"

This is how Warner Bros spoil DC properties, I suspect that some of the problem from BVS came from WB. They must have made the script Writers to stuff as many as possible stories into the movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2016
TonySpike:

"We were about season two when they started telling us we had to start basically killing off the Suicide Squad that we were starting to build on our own,” Holland recalled. “We were actually trying to build that on our own on the show, and I guess once DC found out they were going to be doing their own movie of it, we had to axe all of the characters before we even got to show them, which was a little annoying at first.”

“Then when Stephen found out there was going to be a Justice League [movie] it only seemed — rightly so — he would be playing Green Arrow on it as well as that Grant [Gustin] would be playing the Flash,” she continued. “It seemed like the right normal answer, and — once they said no — you can’t really fight against them for it, because they are the people that gave us a job in the first place. So you just have to sit there on your hands, like okay, I get it!”

“Marvel does it in their own weird right, kind of mash between ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ and the movies and stuff. So it’s a little upsetting because you know it is possible and it can be done and how good it would be if it was done,” she added.
"

This is how Warner Bros spoil DC properties, I suspect that some of the problem from BVS came from WB. They must have made the script Writers to stuff as many as possible stories into the movie.
I don't get this. So the suicide squad in the arrow TV series were killed off because of the upcoming suicide squad movie? Why will they do that? I thought the movies and the TV series are in separate universes. And she just echoed my thoughts about DC's separate universe. At least the TV arrow and flash should show up in the Justice league movies only.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:05am On May 31, 2016
TonySpike:

"

what was she thinking? That the awful keeping up the smoak's show would be c0nnected with the dceu? Come on guys, even AOS has little if no effect on the MCU. Its n0t like RDJ would show there or heck Chris hemsworth or even Falcon <Anth0ny mackie>
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don't get this. So the suicide squad in the arrow TV series were killed off because of the upcoming suicide squad movie? Why will they do that? I thought the movies and the TV series are in separate universes. And she just echoed my thoughts about DC's separate universe.
Why would WB have you watch you'd rather pay for, for free on a weekly Televisi0n so you'd go on to c0mpare which versi0n of b0omerang and deadshot was better? Its business. Box office hits. Its all about m0ney. Imagine how many guys would've seen BvS if superman showed up weekly on supergirl or if batman clawed into the Gotham show.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

what was she thinking? That the awful keeping up the smoak's show would be c0nnected with the dceu? Come on guys, even AOS has little if no effect on the MCU. Its n0t like RDJ would show there or heck Chris hemsworth or even Falcon <Anth0ny mackie>
On the contrary it does. The producers of AOS are allowed to see the scripts of any mcu movie that will affect the universe and then use the plot to develop their own story. Nick Fury, Sif and a host of other characters that appeared in the movies showed up in AOS.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:17am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don't get this. So the suicide squad in the arrow TV series were killed off because of the upcoming suicide squad movie? Why will they do that? I thought the movies and the TV series are in separate universes. And she just echoed my thoughts about DC's separate universe. At least the TV arrow and flash should show up in the Justice league movies only.
before u go all devil's advocate, is Stephen Amell a good actor?? I might support Grant Gustin as flash in JL but n0t Amell. Heck even arrow has bec0me awful. If Dc got s0me0ne like johnny depp to play green arrow would u still be thinking of stephen Amell?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

Why would WB have you watch you'd rather pay for, for free on a weekly Televisi0n so you'd go on to c0mpare which versi0n of b0omerang and deadshot was better? Its business. Box office hits. Its all about m0ney. Imagine how many guys would've seen BvS if superman showed up weekly on supergirl or if batman clawed into the Gotham show.
Superman doesn't have to show up in national or central city and neither does batman, they just have to be added to the narrative. In AOS, iron man, captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc and the events that they are involved in are being mentioned because they are in the same universe. For example Bruce Wayne can attend a fundraiser in starling city and we will hear about it in the news, they can just use any Bruce Affleck's picture and post it on TV and the arrow cast can casually talk about it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:20am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
On the contrary it does. The producers of AOS are allowed to see the scripts of any mcu movie that will affect the universe and then use the plot to develop their own story. Nick Fury, Sif and a host of other characters that appeared in the movies showed up in AOS.
but an AOS cast member says otherwise bro. She said marvel ign0res the show. Or would u say u are m0re kn0wledgeable abt the workings of marvel than the cast member?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:26am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

before u go all devil's advocate, is Stephen Amell a good actor?? I might support Grant Gustin as flash in JL but n0t Amell. Heck even arrow has bec0me awful. If Dc got s0me0ne like johnny depp to play green arrow would u still be thinking of stephen Amell?
Can you confirm that the guys that are going to play cyborg and flash are better actors than amell? They just need to show up in the Justice league movies or any DC movies that needs their kinda characters and not necessarily their own movies. The shared universe makes more sense than the separate universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:27am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
Superman doesn't have to show up in national or central city and neither does batman, they just have to be added to the narrative. In AOS, iron man, captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc and the events that they are involved in are being mentioned because they are in the same universe. For example Bruce Wayne can attend a fundraiser in starling city and we will hear about it in the news, they can just use any Bruce Affleck's picture and post it on TV and the arrow cast can casually talk about it.
answer this Q. Where was Oliver during the general zod attack? Why didn't we hear of it fr0m the cast? Such big event? Why aren't we hearing of the all powerful alien flying around? Metropolis? Why did the existence of metahumans suddenly bec0me big thing after general zod's battle on earth and discovery of alien life? Dude if they force it to add up, it doesn't.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

but an AOS cast member says otherwise bro. She said marvel ign0res the show. Or would u say u are m0re kn0wledgeable abt the workings of marvel than the cast member?
Who is the cast member and what did she/he say? The sokovia accords that was prominent in civil war also affected AOS as the inhumans were asked to also sign on.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Owobobrown(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2016
CzarRex:
you mean Hyperion is perfect than superman,or stealing deathstroke and turning him into an unserious mofo called deadpool,if that's what u call 'perfect',then ur on a long thing.
Deadpool is a mech with mouth,
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:31am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

answer this Q. Where was Oliver during the general zod attack? Why didn't we hear of it fr0m the cast? Such big event? Why aren't we hearing of the all powerful alien flying around? Metropolis? Why did the existence of metahumans suddenly bec0me big thing after general zod's battle on earth and discovery of alien life? Dude if they force it to add up, it doesn't.
I don't get this, are you asking why the cast of arrow are not talking about the general zod invasion or what?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:33am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
Can you confirm that the guys that are going to play cyborg and flash are better actors than amell? They just need to show up in the Justice league movies or any DC movies that needs their kinda characters and not necessarily their own movies. The shared universe makes more sense than the separate universe.
bro am sorry to say this but Amell is worse. I like the guy but thats the truth. If he wasn't he w0ulda been in many tinz. WB would have c0nsidered him. He only has 2 facial expressi0ns, to be a c0nvincing liar u have to be multi layered to be believable which is acting. U think these guys d0n't think? This is business.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:39am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don't get this, are you asking why the cast of arrow are not talking about the general zod invasion or what?
yes and why wasn't it referenced in the in m0vie universe? An event like that would change the world let al0ne the very c0untry it occurred. It would change public opini0n. What made it so impossible was the fact they to0k malc0lm merlyn's earthquake so serious that no one said a thing abt zod or c0nspiracy as to how merlyn may have being in c0nnecti0n to zod throughout. It makes no sense. Imagyn n0w as we are and suddenly a U. F. O pops up on our ph0nes and tv wouldn't we be talking or referencing it for years?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

bro am sorry to say this but Amell is worse. I like the guy but thats the truth. If he wasn't he w0ulda been in many tinz. WB would have c0nsidered him. He only has 2 facial expressi0ns, to be a c0nvincing liar u have to be multi layered to be believable which is acting. U think these guys d0n't think? This is business.
Oga the decision to use separate universes for the TV series and movies has nothing to do with Stephen Amell. Steve ain't as bad as you are painting him, in fact he will fit right in, in the Justice league cast, him and grant. You do know that the CW is part WB and part UPN which is the reason they are getting the DC materials. So if they wanted to fit him right in, they would but they didn't.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

yes and why wasn't it referenced in the in m0vie universe? An event like that would change the world let al0ne the very c0untry it occurred. It would change public opini0n. What made it so impossible was the fact they to0k malc0lm merlyn's earthquake so serious that no one said a thing abt zod or c0nspiracy as to how merlyn may have being in c0nnecti0n to zod throughout. It makes no sense. Imagyn n0w as we are and suddenly a U. F. O pops up on our ph0nes and tv wouldn't we be talking or referencing it for years?
The zod invasion didn't happen in the TV universe. If they had included the arrow and the flash TV shows in the DCEU then it would be a major topic being debated across the different shows.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:50am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga the decision to use separate universes for the TV series and movies has nothing to do with Stephen Amell. Steve ain't as bad as you are painting him, in fact he will fit right in, in the Justice league cast, him and grant. You do know that the CW is part WB and part UPN which is the reason they are getting the DC materials. So if they wanted to fit him right in, they would but they didn't.
cos they have a reason. They are ashamed of the cw superhero actors. Thats why Amell, cavanagh, Holland are pissed. WB and Cbs and Upn know this. And again even if they wanted, they never intended to start the DCEU with Arrow. If they did, we w0n't have gotten the flash, supergirl, LOT as series. We woulda gotten good actors and Arrow woulda been good still. H0nestly do u l0ok at arrow as a good show with all h0nesty?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by austine5n6(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2016
Has anyone watched the Xmen Apocalypse movie...just watched it yesterday.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:56am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
The zod invasion didn't happen in the TV universe. If they had included the arrow and the flash TV shows in the DCEU then it would be a major topic being debated across the different shows.
mind u Arrow came before man of steel so an intenti0n n0t earlier made would bounce right at them. So thats it, u can't blame them when it wasn't planned fr0m the get go. No one knew the Dceu would ever c0me to stay. Wb had to let the tv do their thing and when it became clear to them dceu may c0me to hold, they had no alternative but c0ntinue with their earlier plan. S0me0ne should ask amell if his early c0ntract had a universe to it or a m0vie deal.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:00am On May 31, 2016
austine5n6:
Has anyone watched the Xmen Apocalypse movie...just watched it yesterday.
how was it?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

cos they have a reason. They are ashamed of the cw superhero actors. Thats why Amell, cavanagh, Holland are pissed. WB and Cbs and Upn know this. And again even if they wanted, they never intended to start the DCEU with Arrow. If they did, we w0n't have gotten the flash, supergirl, LOT as series. We woulda gotten good actors and Arrow woulda been good still. H0nestly do u l0ok at arrow as a good show with all h0nesty?
They are not ashamed of anybody. They just realized that they made a mistake when they started their own universe late. The arrow show had already started in 2012 and then Barry was introduced in the second season of the arrow which brought about their shared universe but by then the upstairs ninjas have decided to launch a universe for their movies and seeing that their most prized assets are already on TV, they decided to separate both. The flash is obviously popular and so is the arrow and I think they needed them to appear in their own solo movies and this means that they will have to retell their already told stories and with them already running on TV, it's impossible. It has nothing to do with the actors since the majority which are casted for the movie universe are not in anyway A list actors (except Ben affleck) and neither are they better than the ones on tv(with the exception of cavill and gadot).

I stopped watching the arrow halfway into the season 2, the show didn't cut it for more anymore but it has nothing to do with the actor rather it was the overall story. I still follow the flash.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by austine5n6(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

how was it?
It was interesting...they did a fine work especially with the Quicksilver character...that dude is fasttt
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:08am On May 31, 2016
parrotibaba:
They are not ashamed of anybody. They just realized that they made a mistake when they started their own universe late. The arrow show had already started in 2012 and then Barry was introduced in the second season of the arrow which brought about their shared universe but by then the upstairs ninjas have decided to launch a universe for their movies and seeing that their most prized assets are already on TV, they decided to separate both. The flash is obviously popular and so is the arrow and I think they needed them to appear in their own solo movies and this means that they will have to retell their already told stories and with them already running on TV, it's impossible. It has nothing to do with the actors since the majority which are casted for the movie universe are not in anyway A list actors (except Ben affleck) and neither are they better than the ones on tv(with the exception of cavill and gadot).

I stopped watching the arrow halfway into the season 2, the show didn't cut it for more anymore but it has nothing to do with the actor rather it was the overall story. I still follow the flash.
bro u just said what i've wasted 4 MB trying to say. Wb were late to the party and u can't blame them. Its business.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2016
Minemrys:

mind u Arrow came before man of steel so an intenti0n n0t earlier made would bounce right at them. So thats it, u can't blame them when it wasn't planned fr0m the get go. No one knew the Dceu would ever c0me to stay. Wb had to let the tv do their thing and when it became clear to them dceu may c0me to hold, they had no alternative but c0ntinue with their earlier plan. S0me0ne should ask amell if his early c0ntract had a universe to it or a m0vie deal.
It doesn't matter. Once WB decided to launch the DCEU they should have involved the TV shows, whether it will last or not. The Arrow TV show is popular and so is the flash TV show, they would have carried the fan base into the DCEU instead of separating them. Imagine if you are an ardent TV flash follower and you heard that he will be in the upcoming justice League movie, do you know how happy you will be?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:14am On May 31, 2016
The universe building for DC only started after arrow was launched. I think WB failed to take DC properties on TV and big screen serious until now. They were skeptical until Zack Snyder convinced them that it was possible to kick-start the universe with Man of Steel. This is exactly the reason why Zack Snyder has not been fired, he helped WB take the risk to start the DCEU. Zack Snyder and some guys actually prepared a timeline slate for DCEU characters which is being used for movie production now. While I like Zack Snyder's vision, his execution remains the main issue many people have with him. I'm not sure John Geoff will do any better after being the arrowhead of a flop like Green Lantern with Greg Berlanti. But a combo of Snyder and Geoff (and then Affleck) is a good concession that might make things better. Snyder is a good visual director, Geoff is a good story/screen writer and Affleck is a good movie director. Hopefully, things will get better at the DCEU!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by austine5n6(m): 11:16am On May 31, 2016
With what i have seen with what fox has done with the Quicksilver character, I expect DC Flash movie to top that considering the fact that the flash is far far more faster than Quicksilver...We would definitely get a taste of the flash speed in JL movie...I really can't wait to see that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.