Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

What Temperament Are You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Temperament Are You? (7006 Views)

Temperament Issues / How Your Temperament Affects Your Relationship / Relationship And Temperament, How Does It Work Together... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Temperament Are You? by BJ4REEL(m): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Phlegmel.
Though i dont really dig these temperaments and all.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
BJ4REEL:
Phlegmel.
Though i dont really dig these temperaments and all.
you have to
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
hmmmm phelgs everywhere shocked cheesy grin
Re: What Temperament Are You? by BJ4REEL(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
eugy45:

you have to
Ok, why i dont is just the fact that i have two or more traits from each temperament.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by UniqueGem(m): 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
pretydiva:
I am an introvert. Phlegmatic 2 b precise..really don't like it tho.m jst 2 quiet 4 my liking. Hardly make friends. Not d outdoor type.dont like dis 1 bit cry
HI! I think you're mixing it up here, because to me, You are just SHY and not INTROVERTED(they're two diff things).
I'll like you to study yourself and know where you fall in, if shy; start making efforts to be bold. If truly introverted then you should love yourself. Below are some reasons why I think you're shy and not introverted;
*Introverts "Love" Alone time, because that is the source of their energy. Sitting quietly in a room is as fun for introverts as being surrounded by crowd is for extroverts.

*Introverts do not find it difficult to make friends, they don't just see the need/reason to make friends.

*Introverts silent wish is that there will be a world where nobody talks to nobody.

*Introverts are bold talking to people when they need something, but shy people aren't.

*It doesn't for once cross the mind of introverts to think they're lonely. They see themselves as normal human who are living life the right way.

*Introverts are "mainly" of the melancholy temperament/personality.

*E.T.C
All what I've written above are from both research and experience, I'm an introvert, even subtle sound atimes are noise to my hearing, I yell at my siblings to be quiet whenever i am in my room and I hear them talking just outside my door. People always ask "why don't you have friends?" and I tell them; Of what use are friends when I have me?.

Have you ever been in an interactive session where you needn't talk but just to listen? Though the session is going fun and everyone is enjoying it but you feel "Oh gosh what the hell I'm I doing here? I feel so tired I need to go home and relax". Or in same gathering you're just sitting with your closest pal and giggle together whenever something funny is said? Then you have this feeling "oh Gosh!! I wish this session will never end, it's so fun. Now I have to go back home to boredom".
*IF you find yourself in the first scenario, YOU're An INTROVERT.
*IF it's the second Scenario, then you're just A SHY person who needs to be more bold and outspoken. Thanks
Re: What Temperament Are You? by ivyy(f): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2015
I honestly can't find mine shocked
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 19, 2015
ivyy:
san-phleg.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 10:59am On Apr 19, 2015
BJ4REEL:

Ok, why i dont is just the fact that i have two or more traits from each temperament.
I think u exhibit d secondary temperament, psychologist tell us that there re sub-divisions; Primary nd secondary temperament. Maybe u shud research mre on that
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 11:01am On Apr 19, 2015
ivyy:
For real? Weird! Weird! Weird!
You're surely kidding, cos it sounds a bit untrue
Re: What Temperament Are You? by ivyy(f): 11:38am On Apr 19, 2015
eugy45:

For real? Weird! Weird! Weird!
You're surely kidding, cos it sounds a bit untrue

Yes am very weird grin
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
ivyy:

Yes am very weird grin
No you're nt...u're special
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
eugy45:

Multi temperament? Sounds weird bh okay i guess.
Like u said ability to relate well with others

I know, weird right? I think it just boils down to being adaptable or flexible to ever changing environment, situations etc. And that I do well.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by marymaria(f): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
i dont believe in this BS cos most people exhibit more than two of the four
Re: What Temperament Are You? by DikSin(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
I am MelSang if u Knw what I mean
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
DikSin:
I am MelSang if u Knw what I mean
Lol yeah i do...
U talk alot right? #smh
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
marymaria:
i dont believe in this BS cos most people exhibit more than two of the four
Yeah secondary temperament...
U cn exhibit mre than 1 temp, or even all
Re: What Temperament Are You? by BJ4REEL(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
eugy45:

I think u exhibit d secondary temperament, psychologist tell us that there re sub-divisions; Primary nd secondary temperament. Maybe u shud research mre on that
Thanks, maybe imma do just that smiley
Re: What Temperament Are You? by ivyy(f): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
eugy45:

No you're nt...u're special

cheesy
Re: What Temperament Are You? by BJ4REEL(m): 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
UniqueGem:
HI! I think you're mixing it up here, because to me, You are just SHY and not INTROVERTED(they're two diff things).
I'll like you to study yourself and know where you fall in, if shy; start making efforts to be bold. If truly introverted then you should love yourself. Below are some reasons why I think you're shy and not introverted;
*Introverts "Love" Alone time, because that is the source of their energy. Sitting quietly in a room is as fun for introverts as being surrounded by crowd is for extroverts.

*Introverts do not find it difficult to make friends, they don't just see the need/reason to make friends.

*Introverts silent wish is that there will be a world where nobody talks to nobody.

*Introverts are bold talking to people when they need something, but shy people aren't.

*It doesn't for once cross the mind of introverts to think they're lonely. They see themselves as normal human who are living life the right way.

*E.T.C
All what I've written above are from both research and experience, I'm an introvert, even subtle sound atimes are noise to my hearing, I yell at my siblings to be quiet whenever i am in my room and I hear them talking just outside my door. People always ask "why don't you have friends?" and I tell them; Of what use are friends when I have me?.

Have you ever been in an interactive session where you needn't talk but just to listen? Though the session is going fun and everyone is enjoying it but you feel "Oh gosh what the hell I'm I doing here? I feel so tired I need to go home and relax". Or in same gathering you're just sitting with your closest pal and giggle together whenever something funny is said? Then you have this feeling "oh Gosh!! I wish this session will never end, it's so fun. Now I have to go back home to boredom".
*IF it's the second Scenario, then you're just A SHY person who needs to be more bold and outspoken. Thanks
Enlightening!!!!
Thanks, says alot about me.
I've been mixing this two all along.
I also understand most nerds are introverts?
Not sure, but dont you think one can exhibit both traits?
Re: What Temperament Are You? by Melancholy(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
UniqueGem:

*E.T.C

Let not forget that we sometimes need to move out from that our comfy nut of our temperament if need be cos we might be doing to urselves a greater risk of not having a fulfilled life in all ramifications, I guess thats where the study of not having only one temperament comes to play.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by pretydiva(f): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
segneyuk:

Chatting with phlegmatic can b very boring!! "Yap" "mmmm" "lol" "kkk" my gal is one, bt I like it compare to sanguine
grin
Re: What Temperament Are You? by pretydiva(f): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
UniqueGem:

*E.T.C

All wat u Jst wrote is Sooo me. And no I am not d shy type. Jst dat d life of an introvert can b boring at times. My dad has complained a lot dat I don't socialize,same wit my sisters. I prefer 2 b indoor watching movies,surfing d Internet or sleeping. I have few friends. Sm times I envy my friends dat ve lots of friends,always talking, going out n meeting new people. Gues dis is my life n dere is nuffin I can do abt it
Re: What Temperament Are You? by pretydiva(f): 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Venom104:

have you tried to get outta your comfort zone and tried to change that bit about yourself you dont like?
ve tried,buh it's nt jst working
Re: What Temperament Are You? by cutieberie1(f): 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
sanguine n melancholic
Re: What Temperament Are You? by shumuel(m): 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
eugy45:
First we have to knw wah a Temperament is:

-Temperament
In psychology temperament refers to those aspects of an individual's personality, such as introversion or extroversion, that are often regarded as innate rather than learned.

The four temperament types:

-Sanguine
The sanguine temperament is traditionally associated with air. People with this
temperament tend to be lively, sociable, carefree,
TALKative, and pleasure-seeking. They may be
warm-hearted and optimistic. They can make
new friends easily, be imaginative and artistic, and often have many ideas. They can be flighty and changeable; thus sanguine personalities may struggle with following tasks all the way through and be chronically late or forgetful. Pedagogically, they can be best reached through
awakening their love for a subject and admiration of people.

-Choleric
The choleric temperament is traditionally
associated with fire. People with this temperament tend to be egocentric and
extroverted. They may be excitable, impulsive,
and restless, with reserves of aggression, energy, or passion, and try to instill that in others.
They tend to be task-oriented people and are
focused on getting a job done efficiently; their
motto is usually "do it now." They can be
ambitious, strong-willed and like to be in charge.
They can show leadership, are good at planning, and are often practical and solution-oriented. They appreciate receiving respect and esteem for their work.
Pedagogically, they can be best reached through
mutual respect and appropriate challenges that recognize their capacities.

-Melancholic
The melancholic temperament is traditionally
associated with the element of earth. People with
this temperament may appear serious, introverted, cautious or even suspicious. They can become pre-occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world and are susceptible to depression and moodiness. They may be focused
and conscientious. They often prefer to do things
themselves, both to meet their own standards and because they are not inherently sociable. Pedagogically, they can be best met by
awakening their sympathy for others and the suffering of the world.

-Phelgmatic
The phlegmatic temperament is traditionally
associated with water. People with this
temperament may be inward and private,
thoughtful, reasonable, calm, patient, caring, and
tolerant. They tend to have a rich inner life, seek
a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, and be content with themselves. They tend to be steadfast,
consistent in their habits, and thus steady and faithful friends. Pedagogically, their interest is often awakened by experiencing others' interest in a subject. People of this temperament may appear
somewhat ponderous or clumsy. Their speech tends to be slow or appear hesitant.

So which are You??

Melancholic/Phelgmatic.
Nice one Op wink
Re: What Temperament Are You? by dynamicbuzz(f): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Purely melancholic
Re: What Temperament Are You? by dynamicbuzz(f): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
pretydiva:
All wat u Jst wrote is Sooo me. And no I am not d shy type. Jst dat d life of an introvert can b boring at times. My dad has complained a lot dat I don't socialize,same wit my sisters. I prefer 2 b indoor watching movies,surfing d Internet or sleeping. I have few friends. Sm times I envy my friends dat ve lots of friends,always talking, going out n meeting new people. Gues dis is my life n dere is nuffin I can do abt it

And I thought I was odd, all that description is me.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by shumuel(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
pretydiva:
ve tried,buh it's nt jst working

Try making friends with Sanguiens, Libra's are good ones; they would help you.
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
dynamicbuzz:
Purely melancholic
My type tho
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
cutieberie1:
sanguine n melancholic
Hmmm...do u talk alot?
Re: What Temperament Are You? by eugy45(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Borrussia:
I'm FellainiispowerfulthanMaticgrin
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Funny Relationship Pictures / All These Stunning Women Are Prison Inmates (photos) / Happy Birthday Swann!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.