Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (83995 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:43am On May 26, 2015
It looks like some members of the coaching crew have been reading this thread grin
Nkwocha most likely played in midfield when she came on for Okobi.

And Dede was in goal for the entire game. I always knew Okon would field against the non-African teams.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2015
Lilboots:
Super Falcons held the senior national team of Canada to a goalless draw in their first friendly game of the training tour.

Both teams started the game by sizing up each other but it took Falcons about 8 minutes to settle into the game. The girls played a more coordinated style but were not able to score as Oparanozie and Asisat came close in the 23rd and 30th minute but could not find the back of the net in the first half.The second half resumed with Falcons continuing their dominance but the very windy weather was not in favor of the girls as it ended 0-0 after 90 minutes.

After the match coach Okon said: "This match is a good one for us because this is a grade A friendly. If we can play the host team like this, then there is no side we cannot play. Talking about this match, the wind was against us but that is not an excuse as we missed so many scoring chances. They didn't have as much scoring chances as we did but then it's a good for us because we used it to assess and test our players,"

Continuing he said: "Generally the girls played well; we will go back to the drawing board to see how to correct the lapses noticed before our next friendly game. It was a good game for us."

Team Captain, Evelyn Nwabuoku also expressed optimism and promised the girls will improve on their finishing. "This is our first grade A match so far and it wasn't a bad one. Though we lost some scoring chances which would have made us win the game but we thank God for the draw because this is our first game. We will try to improve on our finishing in our subsequent matches" Evelyn said.

Super Falcons will next play WoodBridge Female Football Club on May 28th in their second text match of the training tour.

Team list against Canada:

Precious Dede, Osinachi Ohale (Ugo Njoku 73') , Ngozi Ebere ,Josephine Chukwunonye, Onome Ebi, Evelyn Nwabuoku, Halimat Ayinde (Cecilia Nku 60'), Asisat Oshoala , Ngozi Okobi (Pepetual Nkwocha 74') Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie(Iniabasi Umotong 85')

http://www.thenff.com/2015/05/super-falcons-hold-canada-to-a-goalless-draw/

Not bad but they need to focus on their finishing u can have 100 chances and still lose. Either way a promising result looking forward to better things.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 10:29am On May 26, 2015
CFCfan:
It looks like some members of the coaching crew have been reading this thread grin
Nkwocha most likely played in midfield when she came on for Okobi.

And Dede was in goal for the entire game. I always knew Okon would field against the non-African teams.

Yeah...I was pleased to see dat too,Perpetua will add more to the team coming from the midfield.

I wonder why he didn't make more changes...Dike,Sunday n others should have been tested.Why bring Umotong in at the 85th min.Does he realise a friendly is not a must-win?

Does dis mean Njoku has fallen down d pecking order?..wouldnt b surprised anyways,always had my doubts initially.

Okon is seeing what I am seeing...correct coach!
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:36am On May 26, 2015
dodobytes:

Yeah...I was pleased to see dat too,Perpetua will add more to the team coming from the midfield.

I wonder why he didn't make more changes...Dike,Sunday n others should have been tested.Why bring Umotong in at the 85th min.Does he realise a friendly is not a must-win?

I agree with your assessment but do remember that the world cup is only days away so he might just be letting his starting 11 gel better.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 10:41am On May 26, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I agree with your assessment but do remember that the world cup is only days away so he might just be letting his starting 11 gel better.

True word,I support that 100%..but he should build a total team cos some matches r won from d bench.

He should at least have given some other players a run-in.They need match practice too..also sticking to the predictable first 11 may be showing ur cards too quickly to ur opponents.He should mix things up a little during friendlies while he sets about blending his team.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 11:04am On May 26, 2015
The Falcons will play another test match on May 28th against a Canadian club side.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 11:13am On May 26, 2015
I did read a friendly against New Zealand has been set up,Mon 4pm..can anyone confirm if its true?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2015
humberjade:
So with d array of stars in our attack we still couldn't score a goal? If we can't score against Canada, what will happen against US or Sweden?

Well let me wait 4 d team sheet b4 I judge.

I wonder ooo
Even this morning am still yet to get updates on the performance of our girls in that very match. I really love to know how they fared. Any one with a clue?

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:06pm On May 26, 2015
Lilboots:
Super Falcons held the senior national team of Canada to a goalless draw in their first friendly game of the training tour.

Both teams started the game by sizing up each other but it took Falcons about 8 minutes to settle into the game. The girls played a more coordinated style but were not able to score as Oparanozie and Asisat came close in the 23rd and 30th minute but could not find the back of the net in the first half.The second half resumed with Falcons continuing their dominance but the very windy weather was not in favor of the girls as it ended 0-0 after 90 minutes.

After the match coach Okon said: "This match is a good one for us because this is a grade A friendly. If we can play the host team like this, then there is no side we cannot play. Talking about this match, the wind was against us but that is not an excuse as we missed so many scoring chances. They didn't have as much scoring chances as we did but then it's a good for us because we used it to assess and test our players,"

Continuing he said: "Generally the girls played well; we will go back to the drawing board to see how to correct the lapses noticed before our next friendly game. It was a good game for us."

Team Captain, Evelyn Nwabuoku also expressed optimism and promised the girls will improve on their finishing. "This is our first grade A match so far and it wasn't a bad one. Though we lost some scoring chances which would have made us win the game but we thank God for the draw because this is our first game. We will try to improve on our finishing in our subsequent matches" Evelyn said.

Super Falcons will next play WoodBridge Female Football Club on May 28th in their second text match of the training tour.

Team list against Canada:

Precious Dede, Osinachi Ohale (Ugo Njoku 73') , Ngozi Ebere ,Josephine Chukwunonye, Onome Ebi, Evelyn Nwabuoku, Halimat Ayinde (Cecilia Nku 60'), Asisat Oshoala , Ngozi Okobi (Pepetual Nkwocha 74') Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie(Iniabasi Umotong 85')

http://www.thenff.com/2015/05/super-falcons-hold-canada-to-a-goalless-draw/

Thanks for the updates Lilboots I hope they improve on their finishing in their subsequent friendlies.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 26, 2015
Congrats to Superzee on winning the BBC Women footballer of the year award!
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 4:12pm On May 26, 2015
Congrats girl!!!.....keep making motherland proud.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 26, 2015
It's safe to say the 15 players that featured against Canada will be amongst the final
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 4:16pm On May 26, 2015
CFCfan:
It's safe to say the 14 players that featured against Canada will be amongst the final

I guess so,i think Njoku may have lost her place at the right back judging from the substitutions,but as they play other test matches things may become clearer.

Our permutations werent too far off,it shows that we have got some really good football pundits here too.. wink
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2015
dodobytes:

I guess so,i think Njoku may have lost her place at the right back judging from the substitutions,but as they play other test matches things may become clearer.

Our permutations werent too far off,it shows that we have got some really good football pundits here too.. wink

Why so pathetically infatuated with Ugochi Njoku? Osinachi Ohale is a natural right back who has the knack to stay back while Njoku is also a natural right back who tends to overlap. In addition, Chukwunonye is a right back with quickness needed at the center back. I think the coaches are sketching models of defenses and personalities needed for a certain model for a particular team. In fact, Mariam Ibrahim is a natural center back along with Ebi while the likes of Ohale and Chukwunonye are the alternates.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2015
Congraaaats to Superzee!!!. As much as I appreciate the fact that Oshoala is named BBC Women Footballer of the year, the timing does not look well with me. I hope our players do not introduce “I” in the team. Everybody on the team should not become a goal puncher instead the players should concentrate on winning the matches.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 6:01pm On May 26, 2015
Duru1:

Why so pathetically infatuated with Ugochi Njoku? Osinachi Ohale is a natural right back who has the knack to stay back while Njoku is also a natural right back who tends to overlap. In addition, Chukwunonye is a right back with quickness needed at the center back. I think the coaches are sketching models of defenses and personalities needed for a certain model for a particular team. In fact, Mariam Ibrahim is a natural center back along with Ebi while the likes of Ohale and Chukwunonye are the alternates.

Duru sometimes your choice of words ,leave much to be expected,i wouldnt want to derail this thread,So henceforth i will choose to ignore your posts..cheers mate!
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Duru1(m): 10:21pm On May 26, 2015
dodobytes:

Duru sometimes your choice of words ,leave much to be expected,i wouldnt want to derail this thread,So henceforth i will choose to ignore your posts..cheers mate!

Bros I beg to indulge minimally. On one page of this thread, you have two posts about Ugo Njoku for either “falling down the pecking order” or “may have lost her place at the right back”. One tends to ask if Ugo Njoku was the only player substituted or did not start at her usual position. The Canada’s coach almost substituted entire Canadian team. However I apologize if my choice of words was out of order.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:51pm On May 26, 2015
dodobytes:
Congrats girl!!!.....keep making motherland proud.. grin grin grin

Ahead of Canada 2015, this award is surely a boost for the team and not just 'Superzee' Oshoala. But all the same, Congrats Asisat Oshoala, you've been the undisputed standout star in world women soccer this past 17 months prior to the award. Stay the course girl...
And hey, nice thread on the Super Falcons, Cfc and crew(dodobytes- luv ur analyses... U're a gud pundit; duru1-luv ur fine knowledge of women soccer though I sense a lil harshness wen u make ur points... *come on now Sir, smile... and pls choose ur words wisely* u do make a fine pundit; Basco van veli- Anoda interesting pundit and intellectual; lilboots: thanks 4 dose updates on d falcons game; etc...).
Hopefully I get to chip in, in the coming days... GODBLESS y'all.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 12:19am On May 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Ahead of Canada 2015, this award is surely a boost for the team and not just 'Superzee' Oshoala. But all the same, Congrats Asisat Oshoala, you've been the undisputed standout star in world women soccer this past 17 months prior to the award. Stay the course girl...
And hey, nice thread on the Super Falcons, Cfc and crew(dodobytes- luv ur analyses... U're a gud pundit; duru1-luv ur fine knowledge of women soccer though I sense a lil harshness wen u make ur points... *come on now Sir, smile... and pls choose ur words wisely* u do make a fine pundit; Basco van veli- Anoda interesting pundit and intellectual; lilboots: thanks 4 dose updates on d falcons game; etc...).
Hopefully I get to chip in, in the coming days... GODBLESS y'all.

Thanks boss,we do it for the love of the game,welcome onboard.. wink

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 12:39am On May 27, 2015
Superzee,I say a big congrats to you and the player you have become.I have no doubt that you have become a gold fish and there will be no hiding place for you at the mundial.

The big question is will you rise to the challenge or crumble under the pressure? Most opposition tactics boards will have your name circled and marked at all corners…”mark her tightly”,”cut off her supply”, “frustrate her with untidy tackles”.

The only way to thrive under such conditions is to play for the team,never try to prove that you are the star player,you will end up doing what the opposition wants,as half the time you will end up losing the ball,and frustrating yourself and your teammates.

No doubt you will be marked very tightly as the numerous awards you have gathered in recent times have only helped make you a moving target on the pitch,we know you have what it takes to make things happen on the pitch,but also realise that with the attention on you,it leaves room for your other teammates to do the damage.

Relish the attention and respect the opposing players will give you on the pitch,and use it to the teams advantage.Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee.

Make the Super Falcons look good Oshoala,play for the team,and you will eventually shine like a diamond.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47am On May 27, 2015
dodobytes:
Superzee,I say a big congrats to you and the player you have become.I have no doubt that you have become a gold fish and there will be no hiding place for you at the mundial.

The big question is will you rise to the challenge or crumble under the pressure? Most opposition tactics boards will have your name circled and marked at all corners…”mark her tightly”,”cut off her supply”, “frustrate her with untidy tackles”.

The only way to thrive under such conditions is to play for the team,never try to prove that you are the star player,you will end up doing what the opposition wants,as half the time you will end up losing the ball,and frustrating yourself and your teammates.

No doubt you will be marked very tightly as the numerous awards you have gathered in recent times have only helped make you a moving target on the pitch,we know you have what it takes to make things happen on the pitch,but also realise that with the attention on you,it leaves room for your other teammates to do the damage.

Relish the attention and respect the opposing players will give you on the pitch,and use it to the teams advantage.Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee.

Make the Super Falcons look good Oshoala,play for the team,and you will eventually shine like a diamond.

Well said Sir Dodobytes... Well said indeed.
I just wish she can see this but I believe she knows this and will maintain the attitude of 'we' and not 'I'.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Raymond4kc: 3:49am On May 27, 2015
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Banuso99: 2:13pm On May 27, 2015
Oshoala, Nkwocha in Super Falcons 23-man world cup squad
Thirteen home-based players were included in coach Edwin Okon's 23-man list for the 2015 FIFA world cup championship in Canada.

The Super Falcons side that played a goalless draw with the host 7th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals starting in Canada next week also includes BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year Asisat Oshoala, team captain Evelyn Nwabuoku and veteran goalkeeper Precious Dede.

Top Scorer at the 2014 African Women Championship Desire Oparanozie, defenders Onome Ebi, Josephine Chukwunonye and Ngozi Ebere, midfielder Halimatu Ayinde, veteran striker Perpetua Nkwocha and England-based Ini-Abasi Umotong are also included, as well as US –based forward Francisca Ordega.

There was no place for goalkeeper Sandra Chichi and 2012 FIFA U-17 World Cup top scorer Chinwendu Ihezuo.

Nigeria play Sweden, Australia and USA in Group D at the 7th FIFA Women’s World Cup, with their first match against Sweden in Winnipeg on Monday, 8th June.

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers: Precious Dede (Ibom Queens); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Rivers Angels); Ibubeleye Whyte (Rivers Angels)

Defenders: Blessing Edoho (Pelican Stars); Osinachi Ohale (Rivers Angels); Onome Ebi (FC Minsk, Belarus); Josephine Chukwunonye (Rivers Angels); Ugo Njoku (Rivers Angels); Ngozi Ebere (Rivers Angels); Sarah Nnodim (Nasarawa Amazons)

Midfielders: Evelyn Nwabuoku (BIIK Kazygurt, Kazakhstan); Halimatu Ayinde (Delta Queens); Martina Ohadugha (Rivers Angels); Cecilia Nku (Rivers Angels)

Forwards: Perpetua Nkwocha (Clemensnas IF, Sweden); Esther Sunday (FC Minsk, Belarus); Asisat Oshoala (Liverpool Ladies, England); Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Ngozi Okobi (Delta Queens); Francisca Ordega (Washington Spirit, USA); Loveth Ayila (Rivers Angels); Courtney Dike (Oklahoma State University, USA); Ini-Abasi Umotong (Portsmouth Ladies, England) NFF

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 27, 2015
Lmao at 9 forwards grin

Seriously, the squad contained a few surprises. I never expected Loveth Ayila to make the squad; and Gloria Ofoegbu was dropped!

Anyway, I believe Nkwocha and Okobi will be used in the midfield. The inclusion of Umotong, Esther, and Courtmey Dike was done to satisfy folks on this thread grin
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 3:03pm On May 27, 2015
I think Perpetua,Esther and Okobi will all be utilised as midfielders.Leaving just 6 out-n-out strikers.

I guess with the exception of Ayila the team was already picked immediately the first set of players were dropped.

I am glad Perpetua made the team,she can help provide that creative spark when Ngozi "Iniesta" Okobi begins to tire out,i see Okon using Umotong as a direct replacement for Oparanozie most times.Courtney will mostly be on standby,it will take a powerful showing during training to displace the strikers ahead of her.She should seize whatever opportunity she gets at the mundial to make an impression,cos such opportunities will definitely come.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 27, 2015
New Zealand's senior women national team will not play the Super Falcons in a pre-World Cup friendly match, a New Zealand official has told Goal.

Earlier in Febuary, the General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation announced the arrangement of two Grade A friendlies with Canada and New Zealand for Super Falcons ahead of the 2015 Fifa Women World Cup but the New Zealand's High Performance Director, Fred de Jong, refuted the claims of the NFF saying that the country did not recieve such proposal and equally have no such plans.

"We are not playing Nigeria in a training match before the World Cup. We did not get any proposal from Nigeria for such friendly," Jong told Goal.

However, media officer of the team Gracious Akujobi has said the Super Falcons will face WoodBridge female football club in a friendly on Saturday. Edwin Okon's ladies have been paired with former champions USA, Sweden and Australia in Group D at the upcoming international showpiece scheduled to hold from June 6 to July 5 in Canada.

Nigeria play Sweden in their first match in Winnipeg on 8th June before taking on Australia at the same venue and later USA in Vancouver.
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 3:19pm On May 27, 2015
Daninya11:
New Zealand's senior women national team will not play the Super Falcons in a pre-World Cup friendly match, a New Zealand official has told Goal.

Earlier in Febuary, the General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation announced the arrangement of two Grade A friendlies with Canada and New Zealand for Super Falcons ahead of the 2015 Fifa Women World Cup but the New Zealand's High Performance Director, Fred de Jong, refuted the claims of the NFF saying that the country did not recieve such proposal and equally have no such plans.

"We are not playing Nigeria in a training match before the World Cup. We did not get any proposal from Nigeria for such friendly," Jong told Goal.

However, media officer of the team Gracious Akujobi has said the Super Falcons will face WoodBridge female football club in a friendly on Saturday. Edwin Okon's ladies have been paired with former champions USA, Sweden and Australia in Group D at the upcoming international showpiece scheduled to hold from June 6 to July 5 in Canada.

Nigeria play Sweden in their first match in Winnipeg on 8th June before taking on Australia at the same venue and later USA in Vancouver.

Who is fooling who..
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:18pm On May 27, 2015
Banuso99:
Thirteen home-based players were included in coach Edwin Okon's 23-man list for the 2015 FIFA world cup championship in Canada.

The Super Falcons side that played a goalless draw with the host 7th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals starting in Canada next week also includes BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year Asisat Oshoala, team captain Evelyn Nwabuoku and veteran goalkeeper Precious Dede.

Top Scorer at the 2014 African Women Championship Desire Oparanozie, defenders Onome Ebi, Josephine Chukwunonye and Ngozi Ebere, midfielder Halimatu Ayinde, veteran striker Perpetua Nkwocha and England-based Ini-Abasi Umotong are also included, as well as US –based forward Francisca Ordega.

There was no place for goalkeeper Sandra Chichi and 2012 FIFA U-17 World Cup top scorer Chinwendu Ihezuo.

Nigeria play Sweden, Australia and USA in Group D at the 7th FIFA Women’s World Cup, with their first match against Sweden in Winnipeg on Monday, 8th June.

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers: Precious Dede (Ibom Queens); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Rivers Angels); Ibubeleye Whyte (Rivers Angels)

Defenders: Blessing Edoho (Pelican Stars); Osinachi Ohale (Rivers Angels); Onome Ebi (FC Minsk, Belarus); Josephine Chukwunonye (Rivers Angels); Ugo Njoku (Rivers Angels); Ngozi Ebere (Rivers Angels); Sarah Nnodim (Nasarawa Amazons)

Midfielders: Evelyn Nwabuoku (BIIK Kazygurt, Kazakhstan); Halimatu Ayinde (Delta Queens); Martina Ohadugha (Rivers Angels); Cecilia Nku (Rivers Angels)

Forwards: Perpetua Nkwocha (Clemensnas IF, Sweden); Esther Sunday (FC Minsk, Belarus); Asisat Oshoala (Liverpool Ladies, England); Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Ngozi Okobi (Delta Queens); Francisca Ordega (Washington Spirit, USA); Loveth Ayila (Rivers Angels); Courtney Dike (Oklahoma State University, USA); Ini-Abasi Umotong (Portsmouth Ladies, England) NFF

POWERFUL SQUAD!!! THOUGHT IGBINOVIA OSARENOMA WUD HV MADE IT IN MIDFIELD BUT NWABUOKU AND OHADUGHA ARE SUPER OK IN THAT DMF ROLE. OF COURSE OKOBI IS AN AMF WHILE NKWOCHA IS A CEREBRAL CREATOR AND CAN HELP OUT WITH HER EXPERIENCE 4M THE BENCH.REALLY, REALLY NICE SQUAD...
GO GO GO SUPER FALCONS! ! ! ! ! ! !

2 Likes

Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2015
Banuso99:

THE FULL LIST

Am not too comfortable with Chinwendu Ihezuo's development. Despite the fact that she was the highest goal scorer in the 2012 FIFA Women U20 World Cup. I espected the same girl to be the hit of town during the last Women U20 World Cup, which she didn't. All the goals dried. It was Asisat that made the difference. Now Chinwendu Ihezue has fallen below the perking order. She will not be in this World Cup. Why?
Re: Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup by dodobytes: 5:17pm On May 27, 2015
terzurum5:

Am not too comfortable with Chinwendu Ihezuo's development. Despite the fact that she was the highest goal scorer in the 2012 FIFA Women U20 World Cup. I espected the same girl to be the hit of town during the last Women U20 World Cup, which she didn't. All the goals dried. It was Asisat that made the difference. Now Chinwendu Ihezue has fallen below the perking order. She will not be in this World Cup. Why?

Maybe she has failed to raise her game,the coaches I believe after close observation didn't see what they were looking for in her.

She is still young,and can always mount a strong comeback in future tourneys.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read / Eto’o Is The Father Of Erika Do Rosario Nieves, 22-year-old Spanish - Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.