Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” (61066 Views)

Femi And Seun Kuti Perform In New York Together (photos) / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter / Lady Claims Seun Kuti Is The Father Of Her Baby( photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by kramer: 11:43am On Apr 19, 2015
U2ice:

Wat is dis 1 saying U jst contradicted ursef wiv ur last line

How?

Adeboye is in the UK so he Can't insist that Cameron kneel down (when in the UK do as the British do) .. do you understand now? Or do you want me to break it down further?
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by kinibigdeal(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Sometime when I read people gable I felt like a babble because we talk out of context. If GEJ had decides to stand when baba was praying for him, some lachrymose good for nothing will still criticize him for not kneeling. The culture of the white monkeys is different from ours here, they just don't believe in it or have any one of you ask yourself why the white monkeys don't pray intensively the way we do here in africa? Is simple, our color depict our mindset why theirs saw something different. Saying GEJ knelt down in the presence of God for political reasons is an exemplary planetary jargon!! Seun kuti might end up as is father too soon
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by abdulwastecx(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Please leave my Pastors alone and stop reading unnecessary meanings into things

Your pastor is making hell a lot of money from gullible Nigerian public.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2015
badassProdigy:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) Pastor E.A Adeboye, met and prayed for UK Prime Minister, David Cameron during the congregation at the ‘Festival of Life’ programme which held in London...

After the preyaer session, most Nigerians are talking about this picture of Pastor Adeboye praying for David Cameron and he was standing on his feet, while president Jonathan was on both knees when he prayed for him before the election. Iconic singer ,Seun Kuti shared his opinion.

So guys, do you agree with him or not?
I will say this, it is not in their tradition to kneel.... It is an African thing..
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by MadCow1: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2015
grin

A King is higher than a Priest..

The only time a King Kneels before a Priest is during his Annointing to be come King..

If in Doubt, go through your bible and show me where a King was subject to a Priest.

A King is picked by God and annointed by a priest.

Jonathan was just a monkey boy.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by abdulwastecx(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2015
oyetunder:
Nigerians need to be careful...freedom of speech does not permit needless verbal/written submissions. Adeoye never forced Jonathan to kneel down...and he never asked David to stand. Each men took the posture they preffered...God looks inside the hearts of men. Standing, kneeling, or even sitting while praying or being prayed for is not an issue at all. May we learn to major on majors and minor on minors.

who is adeboye? why must a president of federal republic Nigeria stood so low kneeling down like a slave in front of the whole world.
Religion should be a personal thing and a president should just do his in things in private.

what is with freedom of speech and criticizing a dull president but to which I don't give a Bleep who that Adeboye is.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by abdulwastecx(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
alexconcept:
This how some ppl put themselves under God's wrath, and they will be accusing they mama as being a witch, wetin b ur oun, GEJ kneeling down is base on his faith and African culture and believe, am so sure d pastor did not tell him to kneel down he did it on his own, if he had stand the pastor would have stil prayed for him. Americans don't believe in kneeling for prayers and its not in their culture.

I wonder how many of these so called pastors travel to Liberia, guinea and Sera Leone during the heat of EBOLA.
All these men are only making money out of gullible Nigerians
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by notformealone: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
He is a fool....
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by free2ryhme: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
People reason differently so this case is no exception

Adeboye nvr asked Jonathan to kneel neither did he asked Cameroun

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by tomzman: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nigerians love to read meaning into everything
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by emmykk(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
tyson99:
if Obama go there he fit decide to prostrate everyone one with his/her own style ni all join
am dancing here knowing that clever people still exist in nairaland.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by acute: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
No one forced anyone to kneel or stand. Jonathan felt like kneeling and James would rather be on his feet.... that's all.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Kanmyos(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
i tink diz does nt depend on baba......i tink it depends on d presidents-their mindsetz...
baba z nt bein racist here....pele...bad belle
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by U2ice(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
kramer:

How?

Adeboye is in the UK so he Can't insist that Cameron kneel down (when in the UK do as the British do) .. do you understand now? Or do you want me to break it down further?

Did he insist GEJ shud kneel?

U b olodo
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by squarelead(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
It's not Pastor Adeboye that decides if they are to kneel or not, I guess it's their choice.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by cotzywitzy(m): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
We all know its the African way to kneel down when receiving blessings...And you knowbthe white don count that as anything....Seun Kuti u r sick...
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by ade80: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
badassProdigy:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) Pastor E.A Adeboye, met and prayed for UK Prime Minister, David Cameron during the congregation at the ‘Festival of Life’ programme which held in London...

After the preyaer session, most Nigerians are talking about this picture of Pastor Adeboye praying for David Cameron and he was standing on his feet, while president Jonathan was on both knees when he prayed for him before the election. Iconic singer ,Seun Kuti shared his opinion.

Was he the one that told the president to knee down?
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by kramer: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
U2ice:

Did he insist GEJ shud kneel?

U b olodo

Wow you're as dumb as a door knob, are you this slow in real life? Where did I mention that he insisted the GEJ kneel?? GEJ knelt down by himself because that is the culture in Nigeria.
So Adeboye cannot go to the UK and expect OR tell the UK prime minister to kneel.

don't quote me until you get sense
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by guvna(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
badassProdigy:

This surely is not an intelligent or thought out question.

Have you ever thought of cultural differences
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Ayatullah(m): 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
TAKE YOUR EXAMPLE FROM JESUS!
There is no place in the bible where Jesus asked an individual or a group of people to kneel down before him and then pray for them.

Rather, Jesus put his forehead on the ground as Muslims do and taught his followers to recite "Our Father who art in heaven......"( cupping and raising their hands up).

Therefore the act of kneeling down before a mere mortal is nothing but a fabrication of Pastor Adeboye and all other Pastors.

May God help the Christians realise they are far away from the teachings and practices of Jesus, the son of Mary.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by nkemjacob2(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
all cutures are not the same...
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by spencekat(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Again,did Pastor Adeboye ask President Jonathan to kneel down?.Rubbish comparison!
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by dearestsewa(f): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
What's the use of this topic? Was it Adeboye that told Jonathan to kneel and Cameron to stand? Each man approached God as he feels led.

Shikena!
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by dearestsewa(f): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
We must also realize that our culture and upbringing often affect our view of God.
One man who sees kneeling before an elder as respect will also kneel before God's altar as honour.
Another man who sees folding his hands behind him or bowing his head or standing in silence as a respect in his culture will do the same to honour God.
A man may see the need to close his eyes during to avoid distractions while another may not.
You cannot be a judge on another man's servant. Romans 14
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Ujupsy: 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
ollah1:
Jona na scammer nah. Trying to win gullible Nigerians hearts while cameron was just natural
He is not scam or whatever you think he went to chosen church he did the same, he was not ordered to do that PST David on the other hand may not be taught or used to kneeling down so quit talking trash
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by IYANGBALI: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Please leave my Pastors alone and stop reading unnecessary meanings into things
because the man na your pastor abi?if na guru marahji,you for follow abuse am,you see your life? tongue
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by ojosegun2011(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Cultures are different from nations to nations. The white people have a different humble culture that is different from that of Nigeria, moreso, President Jonathan is a man of extremely humble Christian background who knows the position of any man of God as divine representation of the Almighty. Even David Cameron who was standing while praying is not disobedient but just doing it in his cultural orientation, so Baba Adeboye too is a great man of God who knows that prayers are answered by God not based on how you stand but by your faith. Let's not give undue interpretations to issues especially where great men of God are involved to avoid HIS WRATH.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by IYANGBALI: 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Upon all the kneeling down for pastors,obas,emirs,ogun,sango,obatala,amadioha,witches and wizards he was seriously beaten by a man who did not kneel down for any one. Baba peace was mugulised
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by deebrain(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
If GEJ stood up, it is you people that will cowardly go online and start your cheap talk!

He kneels, talk.
He stands, talk.
He goes to church, talk.
He does not go, talk.

When will you receive sense?
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by deebrain(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
notformealone:
I am a fool....

Why are you too harsh on yourself?
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by hezy4real01(m): 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
candy:
I'm sure Baba didn't ask GEJ to kneel down, neither did he ask Cameron to remain on his feet while he prayed for him. The choice to kneel down or stand for prayer rested with the two men and I believe GEJ's own was shaped by his environment.
Cameron is simply not used to things like that. Gat nothing to do with being oyibo or not.
God bless u jare
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by timunstopable: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
guiddoti:
so cameron is a saint and joe is a sinner ni?

I never said so

by the way cameron visited shikh temple the next day.Politicians the same everywhere

also cameron is gona lose the election just like Gej

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

P'Square, Timaya, Phyno & Flavour Visit & Bow To Greet King Sunny Ade / Pastor Ab Isong Shares Blessing CEO's One-Legged Outfit (Edited Photo) / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.