Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” (61064 Views)

Femi And Seun Kuti Perform In New York Together (photos) / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter / Lady Claims Seun Kuti Is The Father Of Her Baby( photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2015
Matttthew:
Lol.... Y asking.....? N wats d minin of wat u said earlier? Tnx....
I'll give you a ring in 10minutes
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by klax(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2015
Haba Nigeria oginni Why can't we grow up and stop reading meaning to all things. Cameron is not pentecostal man beside they dont usually knee down in front of people just like that it's not their thing.

Even the highest authority of Church of England can not be praying for Cameron and you will see Cameron knee down he won't do that pls the poster of this thread grow up and be mature in your sense of judging situation ok.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mrmax1(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=candy post=32875541]I'm sure Baba didn't ask GEJ to kneel down, neither did he ask Cameron to remain on his feet while he prayed for him. The choice to kneel down or stand for prayer rested with the two men and I believe GEJ's own was shaped by his environment.
Cameron is simply not used to things like that. Gat nothing to do with being oyibo or not.[/quote

The most complete and reasonable comment I read on this thread, God bless u sir. Even in our churches here in nigeria, not everyone kneels when the pastor is praying, kneeling down is according to ur level of understanding that you a before a vessel of God, and moreover kneeling down shows a mark or honor and respect and its been so even from the time of the scriptural prophets
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by badassProdigy(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2015
vislabraye:

It's just choice..

i agree wit u
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by oyetunder(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2015
Nigerians need to be careful...freedom of speech does not permit needless verbal/written submissions. Adeoye never forced Jonathan to kneel down...and he never asked David to stand. Each men took the posture they preffered...God looks inside the hearts of men. Standing, kneeling, or even sitting while praying or being prayed for is not an issue at all. May we learn to major on majors and minor on minors.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by ForSaleGuru: 10:36am On Apr 19, 2015
Advertise your property and business online with as low as 3000 naira www.propertygeeknigeria..com
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by ayodabo: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2015
It's culture. We African believed that when pastors pray once should go on his knees. Kettle even asked is Cameroon a true believer of Christ. So, pls don't read meaning to it. sad shocked sad angry angry
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Skoopy(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2015
Seun is striving so hard to be relevant but it's obvious he can't fill in the shoe his dad left.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Homguy(m): 10:41am On Apr 19, 2015
adorablepepple:

Whatever angry,as far as I am concerned When I kneel in prayers I am humbling myself before my Creator
so if you stand while praying you are proud? Does praying while lying on your bed count for humility or being arrogant? Fact is, prayer, especially its content is a depiction of your humility or arrogance before God, not your posture. Enough said.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by obowunmi(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2015
Jonathan was guided by culture. He didn't have to kneel down.

We never, ever, ever saw Obasanjo Or madam Patience go to anyone for prayers.

Speaks to President Jonathans kindness and love for God.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Mcaise: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2015
badassProdigy:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) Pastor E.A Adeboye, met and prayed for UK Prime Minister, David Cameron during the congregation at the ‘Festival of Life’ programme which held in London...

After the preyaer session, most Nigerians are talking about this picture of Pastor Adeboye praying for David Cameron and he was standing on his feet, while president Jonathan was on both knees when he prayed for him before the election. Iconic singer ,Seun Kuti shared his opinion.

So guys, do you agree with him or not?

Try find small sense borrow abeg..
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by obowunmi(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2015
Also, Cameron was there simply for the elections. Only if all those Nigerians there were citizens. They'd go vote for him because of his affiliation with Adeboye.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by hamilton62(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Pastor Adeboye isn't a racist... He is the vessel through which the power of God in prayers given was made but it depends on the seeker or receiver; how much value and respect he has for our supreme-sovereign-invisible God.
Jonathan is a Nigerian and remember, we are more religious and respectful more than the british or westerners, Cameron is a british so all he believes is in the prayers alone and doesn't understand what obedience means to a supreme-supernatural monarch called God... It's different understanding about the being (God) that answers prayers between the both.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Matttthew(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2015
BiHung:
I'll give you a ring in 10minutes
Lol.... I hear. ...
19, I can say

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2015
God is not interested in your physical show of kneeling when your heart is still haughty. He would rather you bow to Him in your heart. Jonathan depicts the african mans way of always carrying out an outward show without inner conviction AKA eye service while Cameron is probably actually doing the right thing by showing no pretense before God.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by udemzyudex(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2015
ollah1:

Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

How many times have you knelt down in church when pastor is praying?
How many times have we seen people knelt down before the pastor while praying?
So been on your kneels means ur prayers would be answered instantly ehn?

keep on displaying ur stupidity...it is allowed
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2015
Matttthew:

Lol.... I hear. ...
19, I can say
oh finally...cool...are you on whatsapp
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Matttthew(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2015
BiHung:
oh finally...cool...are you on whatsapp

Maybe
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by paycash: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2015
ollah1:
Jona na scammer nah. Trying to win gullible Nigerians hearts while cameron was just natural

Yes oooo
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2015
Matttthew:

Ha....yes nah.
delete that word and also the number
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Intendy: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Please leave my Pastors alone and stop reading unnecessary meanings into things
There is no point dragging pastor Adeboye in this.
Kneening is optional Jonathan decided to do so potraying himself to be humble but the spirit of God have left him like it left Saul in the bible
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by fejikudz(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2015
EgusiSoup:
So what should we do? undecided
GOD bless u
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mbulela: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2015
hamilton62:
Pastor Adeboye isn't a racist... He is the vessel through which the power of God in prayers given was made but it depends on the seeker or receiver; how much value and respect he has for our supreme-sovereign-invisible God.
Jonathan is a Nigerian and remember, we are more religious and respectful more than the british or westerners, Cameron is a british so all he believes is in the prayers alone and doesn't understand what obedience means to a supreme-supernatural monarch called God... It's different understanding about the being (God) that answers prayers between the both.
With all due respect, this is a daft opinion.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Caliph69: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2015
uselessgoat:
GEJ NA MUMU

Your Id summarized it all. Sorry!
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by alexconcept(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2015
This how some ppl put themselves under God's wrath, and they will be accusing they mama as being a witch, wetin b ur oun, GEJ kneeling down is base on his faith and African culture and believe, am so sure d pastor did not tell him to kneel down he did it on his own, if he had stand the pastor would have stil prayed for him. Americans don't believe in kneeling for prayers and its not in their culture.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by DeRay98(m): 11:23am On Apr 19, 2015
candy:
I'm sure Baba didn't ask GEJ to kneel down, neither did he ask Cameron to remain on his feet while he prayed for him. The choice to kneel down or stand for prayer rested with the two men and I believe GEJ's own was shaped by his environment.
Cameron is simply not used to things like that. Gat nothing to do with being oyibo or not.

My sister God bless you for your common sense comments...but some people must follow wrong insinuation just batch someone whose challenges their conscious... Seun Kuti looking for a reason remain anti God establishments
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by abiodun175(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2015
I guess it inferiority and superiority complex at work. oyinbo pple always flaunt dir "ego supreme" anywhere.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by etungha08: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2015
Whether they kneel,prostrate or stand,while be prayed for,the choice is theirs_stop reading unnecessery meaning into things
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by hamilton62(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2015
mbulela:

With all due respect, this is a daft opinion.
Thanks my beloved.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Raikishi(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2015
This guy is taking this his vendetta with redeemed to an entirely -_stupid level. Even if he has no respect for E.A Adeboye's position he should respect the man's age.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Buhari1(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2015
EVEN AFTER THE KNEELINGS DOWNS , HE STILL LOSES THE ELECTION.

MAY GOD HELP HIM IN HIS RETIREMENT.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by bigtt76(f): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2015
Hahaha ....you want make hin lose value for the eyes of her royal majesty's subjects? abi you nor know say for that side, after God and Jesus Christ, na the Queen (or King) reigns supreme? grin

badassProdigy:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) Pastor E.A Adeboye, met and prayed for UK Prime Minister, David Cameron during the congregation at the ‘Festival of Life’ programme which held in London...

After the preyaer session, most Nigerians are talking about this picture of Pastor Adeboye praying for David Cameron and he was standing on his feet, while president Jonathan was on both knees when he prayed for him before the election. Iconic singer ,Seun Kuti shared his opinion.

So guys, do you agree with him or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Julius Agwu: "I Died But Woke Up On My Way To Mortuary" / Donjazzy Replies Fan Who Asked Him If Dbanj Is Really Broke [photos] / Toke Makinwa: "I Almost Slept With Michael Dapaah "Big Shaq"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.