Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” (61068 Views)

Femi And Seun Kuti Perform In New York Together (photos) / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter / Lady Claims Seun Kuti Is The Father Of Her Baby( photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by cee001(m): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
SIMPLE;GEJ was 'humble' enough to kneel down.
P.S;That doesn't necessarily mean that kneeling down is a true mark of humility.....

#anopinion....I stand to be corrected...HAPPY SUNDAY
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by naboy: 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Seun should just face his sax and not get into what does not concern him.who told you that the pastor asked GEJ to kneel and did not do that for Cameron?? Abeg!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by zo3184: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Oyinbo do not believe in foolish business of God, is for African business man like Adeboye and his foolish followers.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by muyiwah666(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
badassProdigy:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) Pastor E.A Adeboye, met and prayed for UK Prime Minister, David Cameron during the congregation at the ‘Festival of Life’ programme which held in London...

After the preyaer session, most Nigerians are talking about this picture of Pastor Adeboye praying for David Cameron and he was standing on his feet, while president Jonathan was on both knees when he prayed for him before the election. Iconic singer ,Seun Kuti shared his opinion.

So guys, do you agree with him or not?
No sir! JONATHAN WAS JUST A DUMBASS!
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by phunmie01: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Both acted based on their instinct. I wouldn't be surprise if cameron go on his kneel if asked to do so by the pastor which will be seen as a symbol of respect for someone in his position. [color=#770077][/color] cheesy
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by thaira(f): 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
First, they did not 'meet'. These two attended services (for votes). Their culture dictated their pose for talking and prayers. In the picture with David Cameron, there's more respect of personal space while in the picture with GEJ, they stood more closely together, as per we do not really care for things like that here.
Hope Cameron has GEJ 's list of pastors and imams and babalawos. grin
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by sunnyolads1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
So what's special on this. Can anyone tell us the way we should pray. Is it to stand or knee down? . Or does kneeling down guarantee your prayer been answered or the other way. Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Adwexky(m): 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
It was their choice so it's got nothing to do with the color. Wherever GEJ went, he was always quick to kneel down for prayers.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by blaid: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
How is that your concern? People should find something else to do and not just write rubbish on Nairaland.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by blaid: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
zo3184:
Oyinbo do not believe in foolish business of God, is for African business man like Adeboye and his foolish followers.

I wanted to respond accordingly but I remember the words " reply a fool in his folly and be like him" so I lipsrsealed
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by anigold(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
badassProdigy:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) Pastor E.A Adeboye, met and prayed for UK Prime Minister, David Cameron during the congregation at the ‘Festival of Life’ programme which held in London...

After the preyaer session, most Nigerians are talking about this picture of Pastor Adeboye praying for David Cameron and he was standing on his feet, while president Jonathan was on both knees when he prayed for him before the election. Iconic singer ,Seun Kuti shared his opinion.

So guys, do you agree with him or not?

very irrelevant post...
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by dipopo83: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
It seems u don smoke ur igbo so u don't know what to do again mcheeww
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by guiddoti: 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
timunstopable:

I never said so

by the way cameron visited shikh temple the next day.Politicians the same everywhere

also cameron is gona lose the election just like Gej
cheers I got your point
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Boyooosa(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
you honour God according to your discretion... Both werent honouring Adeboye, they believe they were in the presence of God, so why should you blame Adeboye for Racism or something? E be like this MODs don de collect bribe o....
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
ozo13:
if na another church e happen to na people like u go first talk shocked
niccur u know nothing about me so don't jump into unnecessary conclusions undecided
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
Intendy:

There is no point dragging pastor Adeboye in this.
Kneening is optional Jonathan decided to do so potraying himself to be humble but the spirit of God have left him like it left Saul in the bible
God bless you
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Your pastor is making hell a lot of money from gullible Nigerian public.

oh please.. Evaen the devil can testify that he is highly favoured by God.. People love him and have been showering him with gifts . You know that too so quit pretending grin
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
because the man na your pastor abi?if na guru marahji,you for follow abuse am,you see your life? tongue
hehehe Na u know oo grin
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Intendy: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
God bless you
and you too
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by dayowunmi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
candy:
I'm sure Baba didn't ask GEJ to kneel down, neither did he ask Cameron to remain on his feet while he prayed for him. The choice to kneel down or stand for prayer rested with the two men and I believe GEJ's own was shaped by his environment.
Cameron is simply not used to things like that. Gat nothing to do with being oyibo or not.
Bless you! Wanted to comment but yours encapsulated Everything I would av said
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by hardbody: 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
ollah1:

lol funny statement from a product that shouldn't have existed in the first place. Its either you talk about Adeboye's been a racist or some sort like kuti said or you talk about Jona's attitude. If you talk about the earlier then it will spring a religious E-war to wish doesn't make any sense, i don't actually think he would have told Jona to go on his kneels.

Regarding the latter, when did this happen?
Wasn't it during the election period?
What didn't Jona do the election period?
Didn't he visit other churches?
Didn't he visit palaces?
Did they all tell Jona to go on his Kneels while they prayed for him?

He wanted gullible Nigerians to see him as a good christian with a good heart so they can vote for him but the it happened the other way round.
Btw, why is Jona requesting for 20 TRILLION NAIRA campaign funds?

I do not know how to discuss with mad men sorry...
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by yommyuk: 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Guys don't get carried away. Cameron was just on a campaign trail. The day after he attended the Festival of life, he also visited the Indian religious community

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by yommyuk: 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2015

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by Laid2001: 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
When cameron knelt down in the sikh temple, he was not kneeling for anyone. Everybody was kneeling down including the priest there.!. He will never kneel down if even a single person is standing, he will rather be the one standing!.
If he enters a mosque, He will have to sit down on the mat with others as well. But if someone is standing over him, he will not be down for that person.
As a president , I expect him to be at par with the leader of the church or the priest of the temple. GEJ was kneeling down to receive prayer from a pastor. It would have been appropriate if the pastor is kneeling down as well!!!

cap28:
Cameron kneels in a Sikh temple and even covers his head with a scarf (I wonder whether that is part of British culture) but simply stands nonchalantly before a Nigerian pastor - actions speak louder than words.

Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by dearestsewa(f): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
yommyuk:
Guys don't get carried away. Cameron was just on a campaign trail. The day after he attended the Festival of life, he also visited the Indian religious community

Obviously, GEJ did a good job of teaching politicians globally the new way to win votes.
But, that's not the topic is it?
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by omojeesu(m): 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
PEOPLE CHOOSE THEIR POSTURES BEFORE GOD. BABA DID NOT ASK ANY OF THE TWO TO ADOPT ANY POSITION. GEJ CHOSE TO KNEEL THE OTHER CHOSE TO STAND. WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH PASTOR ADEBOYE.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by SenatorJames(m): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Please leave my Pastor alone and stop reading unnecessary meanings into things undecided
Please help me to ask them, who asked GEJ to kneel down and David Cameron to stand?

I thought it was their choices.
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by abdulwastecx(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
oh please.. Evaen the devil can testify that he is highly favoured by God.. People love him and have been showering him with gifts . You know that too so quit pretending grin

highly favoured by God ? in a country of more than 100million poor and starving people.
In a country rated as one of the poorest and dangerous place to live. stop that bro.

He is living fat on some poor people tithe and stolen money from politicians
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
abdulwastecx:

highly favoured by God ? in a country of more than 100million poor and starving people.
In a country rated as one of the poorest and dangerous place to live. stop that bro.

He is living fat on some poor people tithe and stolen money from politicians
Go have a back seat HATER OF GOOD deeds. What has he done to you. God knows he's honest. And you know it too speak the truth. Is every one supposed to be rich?? Oh yes I agree he is getting fat on God's love,grace and favour
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
SenatorJames:
Please help me to ask them, who asked GEJ to kneel down and David Cameron to stand?

I thought it was their choices.
I wonder ooo
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by mhizpeaarl(f): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Intendy:

and you too
AMEN
Re: Seun Kuti: “jonathan Knelt For Prayer• David Cameron Stood • Is Adeboye Racist?” by pojophilius(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Walai,akpors get brain pass seun..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Ab Isong Shares Blessing CEO's One-Legged Outfit (Edited Photo) / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / Anna Banner's Pictures Before MBGN 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.