Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

How God Came Into Existence. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Came Into Existence. (13054 Views)

How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / For Atheist: Come And Tell Us How Man Came Into Existence / The Son Of God(or God) Came To Earth Cant Read Or Write (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
ifeness:

In whose name is Boko Haram killing people? Whose book are they reading?

Of course we need to get rid of someone who is capable of killing 30 Innocent people. But not someone who doesn't like you. You cannot kill me because I refuse to love you,can you? That is the difference between human justice and Yahweh's justice.
So you justify killing your fellow humans and you say God should learn love from you?
God didn't put people in Hell because they don't like Him but He put them there for harboring the evil human nature when there is a cure. God wants to destroy the evil human nature but if some cling to it then they would be destroyed with it.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
From the verses you gave, Paul was definitely referring to the beginning of time on earth. Time is not a thing God can put on a table, God is time itself, HIS existence sprang time into existence. His infinite state is what makes Him limitless in wisdom and power. Except you can tell me how God could have existed in the absence of time?
This is the same as asking how God resurrected Jesus from the death undecided
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I would answer these questions when your ideology is able to provide a reasonable solution to the problem of human nature.

You forgotten that it was religion that ruled the world in the past. What did religion do then? Science has made so many improvements to the world. Am afraid you would have to wait forever, because you have chosen not to see that reasonable solution.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Weah96: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:

What I mean is that something must be consciously existent for time to function, without THIS, time is nonexistent.

The Schrödinger Cat experiment should help you out. You cannot say that Time would be nonexistent because, without consciousness, that very observation cannot be made. It is a paradox. The correct assessment would be to accept all possible scenarios until something/one (consciousness) can make the observation.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130812-physics-schrodinger-erwin-google-doodle-cat-paradox-science/
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You keep clamoring for facts but what solution have your facts bring to the degrading human nature?

Human nature degrading? Evidently you don't know the history of man.

Note: you don't go to one mythological book to read the history of man. It would definitely mislead you.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
Weah96:

The Schrödinger Cat experiment should help you out. You cannot say that Time would be nonexistent because, without consciousness, that very observation cannot be made. It is a paradox. The correct assessment would be to accept all possible scenarios until something/one (consciousness) can make the observation.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130812-physics-schrodinger-erwin-google-doodle-cat-paradox-science/

Like I said, this post is not asserting God exists, it is only saying His existence is concievable, without being imaginary. Yes, you made the observation as soon as you became concious, but for God to exist, this experiment has to be held constant.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by macof(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
@ Misogynist2014

Your ideas are similar to Greek spirituality
the greeks observed that Time and consciousness (Chronos and Ananke) are infinite - probably the only things without a beginning

1 Like

Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:
@ Misogynist2014

the greeks observed that Time and consciousness (Chronos and Ananke) are infinite - probably the only things without a beginning

That's cool, its good to be a freethinking Christian. This Consciousness is Life and the Life is God. Will try to read more on it. Thanks smiley .

1 Like

Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Manipulate is such a strong word, influence it's action seems better placed

Really? Would we now argue English? What is your take on nuclear energy? Does that look like influencing anything? We are manipulating energy, jor.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Weah96: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Like I said, this post is not asserting God exists, it is only saying His existence is concievable, without being imaginary. Yes, you made the observation as soon as you became concious, but for God to exist, this experiment has to be held constant.

I don't follow. Are you saying that the existence of well known imaginary creatures are NOT equally conceivable?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I was just about going to your former post........ God came from time, God existed when time existed (for time to exist, something must be conscious to know its existence), that is God. He had the power and wisdom to create the universe due to His infinite state.

You should go back to my previous post. I would answer this later.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:
@ Misogynist2014

Read on wikipedia, not the same.

"Ananke" is derived from the common Ancient Greeknoun ἀνάγκη( Ionic: ἀναγκαίηanankaiē), meaning "force, constraint or necessity."
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by macof(m): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

Really? Would we now argue English? What is your take on nuclear energy? Does that look like influencing anything? We are manipulating energy, jor.

Sure bro, I just sited that manipulation is a strong term to use
Influencing is much better

everything we do influences energy around us

I don't know much about nuclear energy but I know it involves a nuclear reaction from a change in atomic structure. We simply influence the energy released
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

You forgotten that it was religion that ruled the world in the past. What did religion do then? Science has made so many improvements to the world. Am afraid you would have to wait forever, because you have chosen not to see that reasonable solution.

Exactly.
Religion accomplished nothing and science will also accomplish nothing. Human have to stop try to create solutions but accept the solution God have given them.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

Human nature degrading? Evidently you don't know the history of man.

Note: you don't go to one mythological book to read the history of man. It would definitely mislead you.
What we have today is refined evil and it is not better than primitive evil.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

How can energy come from time? They are two different fundamental quantities.

The infinite nature of God made Him boundless and limitless in wisdom and knowledge

Who committed the sin? Do you know that things that exist before the man also have life span? So who committed the sin on their behalf?

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all......Romans 5:12

If nothing is the least level achievable, how did he spring up with so much energy to create our universe?

Because anything infinite is limitless.

How does your question of numbers answer my questioning of his everlasting nature? Something everlasting shouldn't have a beginning.

Its beginning is at infinity.

Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Proof? smiley

No you give me a proof.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
ifeness:

No you give me a proof.
To back up your point?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by macof(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Read on wikipedia, not the same.

"Ananke" is derived from the common Ancient Greeknoun ἀνάγκη( Ionic: ἀναγκαίηanankaiē), meaning "force, constraint or necessity."

hmm true Literally it means "to force" "to compel" to make necessary
ultimately consciousness is not free will but a force, a compulsion Infact to exist within our being
Just like you didn't choose to be born but you had to based on necessity

Take it as a decree by nature
Consciousness of the universe is what makes us what we are, what we see ourselves, what we see our environment and what we would become, only time reviles
It is the consciousness of the universe that makes what will be - be
Destiny, fate

Similar to Yoruba concept of Ori

I don't know if you are familiar with Greek mythology but the fates(daughters of Ananke) are said to choose what everything was, is and would become

1 Like

Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
To back up your point?

How can I prove something that doesn't exist does exist?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
ifeness:

How can I prove something that doesn't exist does exist?
Is it true that the origin of our universe is either conscious or unconscious?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Is it true that the origin of our universe is either conscious or unconscious?

What ever it is,it is certainly not the Christian God.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

hmm true Literally it means "to force" "to compel" to make necessary
ultimately consciousness is not free will but a force, a compulsion Infact to exist within our being
Just like you didn't choose to be born but you had to based on necessity

Take it as a decree by nature
Consciousness of the universe is what makes us what we are, what we see ourselves, what we see our environment and what we would become, only time reviles
It is the consciousness of the universe that makes what will be - be
Destiny, fate

Similar to Yoruba concept of Ori

I don't know if you are familiar with Greek mythology but the fates(daughters of Ananke) are said to choose what everything was, is and would become
Good post. Even St. Paul acknowledged the intelligence of the Greeks in the first chapter of the book of Romans. Wish I was born then, would definitely have enjoyed cool stories.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
ifeness:

What ever it is,it is certainly not the Christian God.
At least you agree that the existence of God is a possibility, which anyone trying to abase it must bring proof, instead of running away from testing his brain. Now, prove to me God doesn't exist.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by johnydon22(m): 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Now, prove to me God doesn't exist.

Now prove to me that a pink flying unicorn in space who created the universe doesnt exist... smiley
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
At least you agree that the existence of God is a possibility, which anyone trying to abase it must bring proof, instead of running away from testing his brain. Now, prove to me God doesn't exist.

Why should I prove something that doesnt exist doesn't exist. There is no god anywhere,that is enough evidence. If there is a god it will be obvious to everyone. Does the dream world exist? Yes it does because we all dream. I have evidence of that.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Now prove to me that a pink flying unicorn in space who created the universe doesnt exist... smiley
It is not to you to ask me this question since you don't believe in any god. If it is then that you are retracting from being an atheist, tell me why you removed this from your list of myths?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
ifeness:

Why should I prove something that doesnt exist doesn't exist. There is no god anywhere,that is enough evidence. If there is a god it will be obvious to everyone. Does the dream world exist? Yes it does because we all dream. I have evidence of that.
This perhaps is the best evidence I've ever seen.
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by johnydon22(m): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is not to you to ask me this question since you don't believe in any god. If it is then that you are retracting from being an atheist, tell me why you removed this from your list of myths?

I asked you that question to show you how absurd your question is... I asked you to prove a flying pink unicorn exists because i know you cant, and this is because it not proven so their is nothing to disprove, its just i claim i made and it is on me to first prove it before it can be studied and refuted.

Same goes to you asking him to prove to you a god dont exist, when you havent proved it yet, it remains a claim until you prove a god exist... smiley
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
This perhaps is the best evidence I've ever seen.

I am not the one claiming there is a god. If I were,I would be required to give evidence.

Do you have a car?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

I asked you that question to show you how absurd your question is... I asked you to prove a flying pink unicorn exists because i know you cant, and this is because it not proven so their is nothing to disprove, its just i claim i made and it is on me to first prove it before it can be studied and refuted.

Same goes to you asking him to prove to you a god dont exist, when you havent proved it yet, it remains a claim until you prove it... smiley
What I told ifeness was that since consciousness and unconsciousness are the two possible solutions to the problem of our origin. It is also true that God is under consciousness, isn't it right to disprove the possibility of His existence first before discarding Him?
Re: How God Came Into Existence. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
What I told ifeness was that since consciousness and unconsciousness are the two possible solutions to the problem of our origin. It is also true that God is under consciousness, isn't it right to disprove the possibility of His existence first before discarding Him?

We are the consciousness not God. We exist,not God. Some of us created God to feel lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? / Can A Christian Man (marry (two (2))wives? Is It A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.