Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

A Heart To Heart Short Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Heart To Heart Short Story (627 Views)

Please Help Me. I Am Severly Depressed Due To Heart Break. / For guys: Have you ever shed tears over a heart break? / Heart To Heart Discussion Between Two Lovers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Heart To Heart Short Story by PreciousGem(f): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
SCENE ONE
Mr. Bature walk toward the counseling department of ‘Heart to Heart’ in the hospital where he and his wives had been receiving treatment for over a year now. He did some test in the morning and was told by the HIV nurse that Mrs. Katherine wants to have a word with him at the counseling department. He walks with a stern look at the face knowing full well that this is not the first time he had been seated in that department. When he reached the door he knock slightly and a female voice usher the knocker to come in.
Mr. Bature: (opened and closed the door, seeing a woman in tears at the front seat of the counselor so he sat himself at the guest seat) Good morning Mrs…. er…. You asked to see me.
Kathrine: Mrs. Katherine Bawa, have a seat I would be with you in a second.
Mrs. Katherine held the hands of the woman seated close to her with an assurance and whisper to that, the lady turn looked at Mr. Bature, packed her hand bag and walked out of the room.
Mr. Bature: I swear I did not know her, never seen her before in my life
Katherine: who said you know her. Mr. Bature your funny ways will ever be at your conscience.
Mr. Bature: (he smiled)
Katherine: well to business. How is your day Mr. Bature I was hoping for the day you would pass by to say hi.
Mr. Bature: here am I Mrs. Katherine well and hearty, am all yours for the day at your request.
Katherine: Mr. Bature your file indicated that you are a defaulter and you have default from your treatment for four months now. One of your wives, I don’t know if it is the first or second made a complain to the heart department about your recent behaviours. And your decisions to bring in a third wife.
Mr. Bature: yes correct she did not lie and it is not against Africa tradition to have more wives and many children.
Katherine: am not disputing that. Also given notice to the fact that you never quit drinking as you said you would and your drinking habit has tremendously increase.
Mr. Bature: what has that got to do with my being a defaulter? Are you trying to counsel me on confidential issue… am a well learned man and I have my rights as far as this department is concern.
Katherine: (she opened his folder in her hand, thought for a while and face Bature) Are you aware that your CD4 has dropped since your last visit to the hospital. If you said you are a learned man like you just told me then you should be learned enough to considered the future Bature especially that of the unborn. You know very much of this process, out of your six children two of the expose babies came out positive. You and your wives are receiving treatment in this facility and you are skipping treatment. What hope do you have for life assurance and that of children – your children are vulnerable children Bature, do you even have any thoughts for them?
Mr. Bature: (he move his chair closer to the counselor fold his palms together) The thing is I have been taking some herbs prescribe to me by a very good family friend of ours. He assured me that it works and that I shouldn’t mix it with that of the drugs given to me from the hospital.
Katherine: are your wives partaking of it?
Mr. Bature: No! I don’t even want them to know about the herbs. Another thing is that the man assured me that I can have sex without protection; the herbs given to me would work its magic. It is very powerful and does not transfer the virus. He assured me he had tasted it on himself and he had many clients who had achieved much success story from taking the herb. (Bature gave a frighten look at Katherine like that of someone who just realize he has been cheated)
Katherine: woo! This is one shocking news. You said you don’t want your wives to be aware, why?
Mr. Bature: I felt that since am now negative I should not have intercourse with any of them so that they don’t infect me again. You see, that’s why am trying to bring in another wife. She is negative we did the test together in a private hospital and I have assured her that she would have nothing to do with the other women as I have no business with them but her.
(he took a deep pulse and breath hard)
Madam am I at risk at anything?
Katherine: well, like I said that was one shocking news I ever heard. Most especially coming from you.
(Bature bow his head is shame looking calmly)
It doesn’t cost anything to ask questions most especially when embarking on a dangerous exploit like you just did. Firstly, Bature you need to have more knowledge of the virus; here it appears to me that you don’t.
When you and your concubine went for an HIV test at a private clinic and it appeared to be negative. You were in your window period when you are in your window period any test conducted on you would indicate negative. Secondly, you should protect yourself or you would end up re-infecting yourself. If you engage in unprotected sex you might think that you have nothing to lose as you are already positive but the truth is that you can re-infect yourself with the same virus but deadlier your cell would be more open to receive diseases and the virus would be resistance to the therapy taken. There are some clients who are HIV-1 and HIV-2.
Mr. Bature: ewo! What have I gotten myself into? I swear the girl is negative.
Katherine: what proof do you have that she is negative only the test can tell if she is negative or not and mind you if she is in her window period as well it can read negative too.
Mr. Bature: what should I do Katherine? Have I succeed in infecting an innocent lady
Katherine: or probably she had succeeded in re-infecting you. Both of you are at risk you know. My advice for you is, cut down your drinking and smoking habit. Continue with your therapy and be more careful Mr. Bature.
Eat good and healthy food and your CD4 would come up once again.
Mr. Bature: Should I still marry the lady.
Katherine: that should be your choice Mr. Bature, but make sure you discuss things with your family before taking a step. Also maybe you and your lover should consider taking another test.

SCENE TWO
A finely dressed lady walked into a hairdressing salon, pulls out her friend and went to a disclosed area where no one can near their gossip. The friend who rushed out with her was eager to hear what she has to say as she followed her hurriedly without questioning.
Tayo: what is it, tell me now don’t you see am busy before madam comes and finds my absent.
Aminat: I did it, it is really working Tayo… you need to try it too (breathing hard)
Tayo: oh really! I admire your risk. And Bature what does his said
Aminat: negative Tayo. He isn’t positive from the start I told you earlier. At first I was scarce I thought the result would be positive I was just thinking fast the explanation I would give him.
Tayo: but he has two wives
Aminat: he said it was a mistake that after this test we would set up our home away from those women.
Tayo: and you believe him? (She gave her a questioning look)
Aminat: Tayo that shouldn’t be an issue right now. Let talk about you giving this man a trial. Buy the herbs from him and start taking it. Believe me you can enjoy a normal life like me. Gosh never felt happier in my life before.
Tayo: Ami, this isn’t the first time you have been deceived. Why do you keep opening your heart up for deceivers?
Aminat: (Not understanding what she was implying) How T. I paid for the service, he rendered me a good one and it works the test said negative.
Tayo: No, not that one I mean about Bature.
Aminat: since my ordeal with the virus, I haven’t been in a serious relationship like the one am having with Bature and am not going to give it up. Look at yourself Tayo you lie to every guys that come your way, why not give this man a trial and be free to yourself when you tell people you are negative.
Tayo: ok, where do I get to see him?
Aminat: good that is what I want to hear. We will go together, I would take you there. This man has many customers and all are so grateful to him because his discovery has been able to make them live a normal life.
Tayo: are you selling him? I just said I would see him am not assuring you I would be persuaded to buy the herbs.

SCENE THREE
Two ladies – Aminat and Tayo walked to a compound with dark glasses on their eyes. Aminat was the one leading the way while Tayo follow shyly. Aminat reached a door pulse for a while, properly dressed herself and knock – one, two, three. A deep voice answer to her knock. She slightly opened the door and ushered Tayo to follow her in. The man with the deep voice was a young man in his mid-thirty’s and prefers his customers to refer to him as ‘Wise man’.
Aminat: wise man good evening
Wise man: (he welcome the ladies to the seat in the house, put on his glasses and was seated with them) how have you been since the last time I saw you.
Aminat: (so excited) Great! Wise man I brought my friend Tayo. She also wants some of those your magic drinks.
Wise man: everyone wants my magic drinks. It is a drink of life I can assure you Ms. Tayo. Let me get you a form to fill out cos’ I always do my job in an organize way. I keep records of my clients
Tayo: (she looked at Aminat who immediately gave her an assuring look)
Wise man stood up went to his room being use as office to get a pen and a type written paper. While he was at it there was grumbling noise of people outside the compound, the noise kept getting clearer to the ladies in the house as the people got closer to the house. Aminat and Tayo was in a confuse state when Wise man came out from his room rush to the living room window took a fast peep and immediately without saying anything to the questioning ladies flee through the backdoor of the house. The noisy people outside reached at the door and open it aggressively. Aminat immediately put her hands to her head and scream ‘am just a customer’.
Tayo: me too she brought me here. Just… now
Crowded people: we all are customers too (just then out of the crowd Bature spotted Aminat)
Bature: are you his customer?
Aminat: no… em… er… I brought my friend to him.
Tayo: what is going on here?
Bature: we all have been dupe. This man is just making a livelihood out of us. Giving us tea prepare from trees to drink.
Tayo: he must be a wise man (sign)
Crowded people: wise or not we want our money back
Tayo: if he dupes you all how come you all did the test and was negative.
Bature: he is a trickster, he played on our psychology.
Aminat: (could not say anything but was looking in disbelieve)
Bature: now the problem there is that if we should give him a public chase we would be revealing ourselves to the public and that would cause more harm than good.
Crowded people: then what should we do.
Bature: let us re-educated ourselves about the virus and know more to avoid been trick again.
[Right there Bature was able to re-orient them as he was taught by Mrs. Katherine the counselor and the crowd including Aminat and Tayo was able to have a better understanding of the virus]
Re: A Heart To Heart Short Story by Veiled010(f): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
This is not a short story jor

(1) (Reply)

Share Song(s) That Reminds You Of Someone Here / A Letter To My Lovely Unkown Wife. / Guys Check Out 6 Phrases To Get Her Into Bed Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.