Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (5643 Views)

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 / 8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by MrsChima(f): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Beface:

Beyond the romantic aspect i think the igbo's culture is also an issue.

Hmmmm. What's about the Igbo culture that's an issue?
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by jascon1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
xtervaganza:
your spellings aren't that great either

Trust me
cos am a proud Yoruba man
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Beface(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
MrsChima:

Hmmmm. What's about the Igbo culture that's an issue?
Per adventure if anything should happen to the man,most time the woman is usually held responsible. I heard they will isolate a woman that is suspected to have kill her husband and give her the water that is use to bath her dead husband to drink to prove her innocence. In some cases,they will collect all the properties from the woman.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by MrsChima(f): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Beface:

Per adventure if anything should happen to the man,most time the woman is usually held responsible. I heard they will isolate a woman that is suspected to have kill her husband and give her the water that is use to bath her dead husband to drink to prove her innocence. In some cases,they will collect all the properties from the woman.

What happens if the same incident occurred in the Yoruba family?
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
MrsChima:
I have inlaws that are married to Yorubas (3) out of 8 and they tells me the men are very romantic and skilled with words.

are your in laws Igbo?

have several Yoruba friends...romance seems to be a desired passover with them...not sure if it is a tribal thing but it's noticeable.

in what way?

I think most Nigerian men are sweet talkers, as in while dating, but then, are other males not also the same way?

Nigerian men don't even do all the flower and chocolates stuff as much as non Nigerians.

Unless being very direct about romping in the hay is considered romantic.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by MrsChima(f): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
tpiadotcom:

are your in laws Igbo?

in what way?

I think most Nigerian men are sweet talkers, as in while dating, but then, are other males not also the same way?

Nigerian men don't even do all the flower and chocolates stuff as much as non Nigerians.

Unless being very direct about romping in the hay is
considered romantic.

Yes...my inlaws are igbo. I am sure other Nigerian men are skilled talkers...but Yoruba men created the lead! IMO.

Sex isn't a romance but quality time together is romantic. I don't care for flowers as gifts.

Sing me a song on key or off key is romantic to me! grin
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
MrsChima:

Yes...my inlaws are igbo. I am sure other Nigerian men are skilled talkers...but Yoruba men created the lead! IMO.

really?

I'd say maybe Hausa men (from what I heard). Even parts of the South South as well, the problem is its not only one person that will be "sweet talked" to.

Sex isn't a romance but quality time together is romantic. I don't care for flowers as gifts.

I feel a lot of women consider direct sex talk, as romantic.

It could also be anything that is coming from a man, is considered romantic as long as it showcases admiration of the womanly assets.

Sing me a song on key or off key is romantic to me! grin

how many Nigerian men do that on average?

Quite few, unless maybe the ones raised in diaspora or something.

you get your song on the wedding day as part of the festivities. After that, folks will say the man has been fed juju if he does it again.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Beface(m): 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
MrsChima:

What happens if the same incident occurred in the Yoruba family?
It varies from family to family. Some may live it to God,while some may want to go spiritual to ascertain the cause of the death. It is important to note, there is no standardize tradition to solve this case.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Chairbabe: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
Question for the gods.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
Igbo ladies mostly marry Igbo men... and Yoruba ladies mostly marry Yoruba men... the ones that do otherwise are the exception and not the norm!
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
what.? Expecially igbo kwa? Hian.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
Igbo ladies mostly marry Igbo men... and Yoruba ladies mostly marry Yoruba men... the ones that do otherwise are the exception and not the norm!
thank you
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by lordkrato(m): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
mightycrown1:
Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially From The Ibos Like To Date/Marry Yoruba Men?

I always ask myself this question yet I’ve not gotten a convincing answer. Good numbers of these tribes are fond of calling the Yorubas names but the same set of people will still see their daughters/sisters going out with a Yoruba guy and will still allowed it. Many even allow their daughters/sisters to marry the yorubas.

Is there anything hidden in these people (the Yorubas) that still motivate these tribes to marry them?

Please, I want you (Nairalanders) to help me out.
Mhizizzy:
Yoruba guyz are generally cool

You two dumbasses need each other..
Bingo! A match make of silly people on nairaland should do it...
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by lordkrato(m): 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Mhizizzy(f): 11:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
lordkrato:

U are d real dumbass
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by lordkrato(m): 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mhizizzy:

U are d real dumbass

Let me guess.. Yoruba right...

You guys should host a show called Ashewo: The originals
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Utchgirl:
@ Mr mighty Crown,d topic is why are ladies 4rm oda tribes especially d igbos like 2 date/marry yoruba men.And im opposing it saying it shld be d oda way round(ie Y yoruba ladies date/marry igbo men) and dts Y i used those celebraties to justify my reasons.

ARE YOU THEN SAYING THEY DONT LIKE TO MARRY YORUBA MEN OR WHY SUGGESTING THE OTHER WAY ROUND?
USING CELEBs AS CASE STUDY WONT MAKE PROPER ANALYSIS BECAUSE GOOD NUMBER OF THEM MARRY AND DIVORCE FREELY

U said 2face LUV sumbo n pero and as a result planted his SEEDS on them n left dem 4 Annie right? Do u knw d meaning of LUV at all ? If dis is wht u call luv, wht then is lust?.Then in dt case he HATE Annie n dts Y he married her after she had only a kid( out of wedlock) bt left ur sisters dt hv 2 n 3 kids for him (all out of wedlock). If 4 e.g any of dem is ur biological sis, wil u stil say dt he luv ur sis by nt marrying her? This is whn u wil see d truth.plz leave arguement out 4rm dis
and say d truth.And u said for 2face 2 be seeing Pero till date dt it shows 2face luv her abi? Lolzz....

YES HE LOVE THEM. SOME PEOPLE MARRIED NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT THE PERSON BUT BECAUSE CULTURE OR PARENTS DEMAND SUCH. SO TO SATISFY THE PARENT THEY WILL DO WHAT THEY WOULDNT HAVE DONE AND YET CONTINUE THE ONE THAT PLEASE THEM.
IF THEY HAPPENS TO BE MY SIS, INASMUCH AS THEY ARE NOT COMPLAINING I CANT TEACH THEM HOW THEY SHOULD LIVE THEIR LIVES. I MAINTAINED, IF HE DIDNT SEE SOMETHING SPECIAL IN THEM HE WOULDNT HAVE CONTINUE SEEING THEM. MARRIAGE IS GOOD BUT NOT EVERYBODY CAN GET MARRIED.

IT IS NICE HAVING YOU ON THIS THREAD.
GOOD NITE AND SWEET DREAMS
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2015
rawlinsobas:
If u give igbo gurls an options they will go for yoruba men. They luv our way....
lol,who told you that??wake up bro nd stop decieving urself grin.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 12:04am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

BRO WHO TOOK YOUR BREAD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Mhizizzy(f): 12:05am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

Let me guess.. Yoruba right...

You guys should host a show called Ashewo: The originals

I can determine Wu u are from d two mentions u AV given me. .

U are not worth replying

Swerve away
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Mhizizzy:
Yoruba guyz are generally cool
To yoruba girls like you,maybe...
but we igbo girls beg to defer...we dnt like yoruba boys abeg
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 28, 2015
jascon1:
To begin with, they love to marry Yoruba men so they can teach them how to spell correctly and avoid the kinda mistakes u make in Ur English n spellings as can be seen on Ur topic. Secondly, variety spices up life. thirdly, cos u r not smart n wise n u r easy to control. Thirdly, some of Dem have been used to living with Yoruba all their lives n they understand their cultures n they love the parties et all. Fourthly fifthly n sixthly the reasons go on so so and so so
see mumu, so u tink any lady would marry a guy with all these what u listed especially from another tribe?, u go scul at all?
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by lordkrato(m): 12:10am On Apr 28, 2015
Mhizizzy:

I can determine Wu u are from d two mentions u AV given me. .

U are not worth replying

Swerve away

Awww.. Did I hurt your feelings or are you to empty that you can't retort??

Empty upstairs, wide downstairs..

Shameless THOT from a baby mama making tribe..
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by lordkrato(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2015
mightycrown1:

BRO WHO TOOK YOUR BREAD grin grin grin grin grin

I just don't suffer idiots gladly... grin
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by jascon1(m): 2:17am On Apr 28, 2015
rahazaqa:
see mumu, so u tink any lady would marry a guy with all these what u listed especially from another tribe?, u go scul at all?
Chai sad angry angrythe thing pain u sha
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by phazotron(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2015
utch girl can deny all she wants but truth of the matter is that IBO gals often have the hotts for Yoruba boys. it has happened to me twice and I've also witnessed it in many other places also.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by phazotron(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2015
lordkrato:

Montula, please who wants Yoruba ladies..??
Ladies that have been rejected by their men? !/!!
Forget P Square.. She's half caste and that sef was a war..

No one wants a THOT for a wife.. Abeg sad

it is uneducated pigs like u that give ur tribe a bad name. any body that goes to school and speaks like this simply wasted several years of his life. dazall
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by nyabinghi(m): 8:18am On May 10, 2015
Stella damasus has married two yoruba men, steph nora married a yoruba man, adewale ayuba's wife is igbo, monalisa chinda married a yoruba man, clarion chuwkura. Married yoruba men, those are the known ones, igbo women love yoruba dongs(delta ibo and ikwerre are conclusive)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by lordkrato(m): 4:03pm On May 11, 2015
phazotron:

it is uneducated pigs like u that give ur tribe a bad name. any body that goes to school and speaks like this simply wasted several years of his life. dazall

And your signature says " what is life without money "

Ignorance my friend is your identity. If you claim to be educated and have such mission statement as the touts at iyanoba then I'm sorry for you.

I stand by my statement because it's the harsh truth. Most south westerners have broken homes, step this step that, children outside wedlock etc.. Instead of you soberly reflecting you're being who you are, and I can't fault you for that.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 11, 2015
Sometimes I just wonder the kind of rubbish, mumuish, idiotic and senseless ops and topics that hit front page these days... What's the essence of this topic @op if your brother married an Ibo lady does it mean that all Ibo ladies are desperate for your men! Please get a life undecided.. I don't know if its really a life time achievement for a Yoruba man to marry an Ibo lady honestly..
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 11, 2015
Sometimes I just wonder the kind of rubbish, mumuish, idiotic and senseless ops and topics these days... What's the essence of this topic @op if your brother married an Ibo lady does it mean that all Ibo ladies are desperate for your men! Please get a life undecided.. I don't know if its really a life time achievement for a Yoruba man to marry an Ibo lady honestly..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happens To His Manhood After Stealing From Begger / I Went On A Date With A Guy And He Told Me He Can’t Pay For What I Ate - Lady / Can You Marry A Person That Has No Relation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.