Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,856 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

To Apologise Or Not To Apologise - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Apologise Or Not To Apologise (3312 Views)

I Feel Awful Breaking Up With Her This Way, Was I Rude? Should I Apologise? / Finally!! I Found My Nairaland Crush And I Wish To Apologise To Her / This Post Is Sure To Provoke Many Ladies To Anger, I Apologise In Advance!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by kinglekan: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
divAnnie:
ok, so you believe apologising when you are wrong or not is ideal? So when do you know when to draw the line?

There are times whereby both partners have a strong reason why they deserve an apology rather than apologising.

When we look at certain issues from our point of view, we may seem right but that doesn't necessarily mean we are.

At such times where both partners feel the other should be doing the apologising, I recommend that one of them should put ego aside and apologise. This should be a heartfelt apology.

Doing this would help resolve whatever issues they have faster and then they can move on.

They could decide to talk about these issues much later and communicate to each other what really hurt them and in doing so they would be doing it in a lighter and happier mood.

Life is too short to keep demanding for apologies every now and then.
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thowbie7:
That's a lie Bro!...I don't agree
your thoughts please
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by shindarayo(f): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Apologizing wen d oda is wrong to me b4 used to b d oda of d day, I rememnerd wen I was still courting my huby,weneva he offends me I wld always be d one to apologise even wen av done nothing wrong, reason bn dt I was too afraid to lose him, wen I had a baby for him wtout marriage it increased, even wen we finally sealed it, it intensified greatly, and just like someone sd he really got used to me sayn sorry to everything. But den about 9month ago, he did something dt I was rily hurt abt, and just like his normal routine, he refused to say sorry,and because he hs neva hurt me dt much b4 I md up my mind I was not going to apologise, even if it was hard for me to do I didnt, d 3rd day he left for his base still wtout sayn sorry.but he noticed d diff, I stopped kalln him, if he kalls I pick so I dnt deny my daughta d ryt of speakn toher dad since he isnt home to c her.but afta he talks to her I hang up.dis went on for 9days. but den d unexpected happened, was home one thurss evenn helpn daughter wt her assignment wen he showed up unexpectedly, cos he wasnt expected till like 2weeks, I opened d door and d next thing he sd was AM SORRY,accompanied wt chocolate cake and a bottle of my fav perf...d anger I felt dissappeaed immediately, dt day was very memorable and it marked d beginning of him sayn sorry wen he is wrong......sayn sorry all d time doesnt mean someone is weak it just means ure matured enuff to want to mk peace, but at d same time askn for it doeant mean ure expectn too much, it only means u want ur relationship to b balanced.

2 Likes

Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
thank you kinglekan, really nice
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by kinglekan: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
divAnnie:
thank you kinglekan, really nice

Uwc smiley
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by dulux07(m): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
divAnnie:
its just best to verbally apologise, the gifts can come later. Getting gifts over time just because you want to apologise means raising the stakes. Feels like you are 'buying' her. What do you think?

Your right, its better to say it verbally, or better still send her a txt, its not until u start prostrating or keep repeating d statement. When its said once, its done.

I keep saying it, its very easy to hold grudges, but very difficult to apologize, apology goes a long way.
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by dulux07(m): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thowbie7:
That's a lie Bro!...I don't agree
Y
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by ronald4lif(m): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
shindarayo:
Apologizing wen d oda is wrong to me b4 used to b d oda of d day, I rememnerd wen I was still courting my huby,weneva he offends me I wld always be d one to apologise even wen av done nothing wrong, reason bn dt I was too afraid to lose him, wen I had a baby for him wtout marriage it increased, even wen we finally sealed it, it intensified greatly, and just like someone sd he really got used to me sayn sorry to everything. But den about 9month ago, he did something dt I was rily hurt abt, and just like his normal routine, he refused to say sorry,and because he hs neva hurt me dt much b4 I md up my mind I was not going to apologise, even if it was hard for me to do I didnt, d 3rd day he left for his base still wtout sayn sorry.but he noticed d diff, I stopped kalln him, if he kalls I pick so I dnt deny my daughta d ryt of speakn toher dad since he isnt home to c her.but afta he talks to her I hang up.dis went on for 9days. but den d unexpected happened, was home one thurss evenn helpn daughter wt her assignment wen he showed up unexpectedly, cos he wasnt expected till like 2weeks, I opened d door and d next thing he sd was AM SORRY,accompanied wt chocolate cake and a bottle of my fav perf...d anger I felt dissappeaed immediately, dt day was very memorable and it marked d beginning of him sayn sorry wen he is wrong......sayn sorry all d time doesnt mean someone is weak it just means ure matured enuff to want to mk peace, but at d same time askn for it doeant mean ure expectn too much, it only means u want ur relationship to b balanced.

Your comment was interesting but it stopped where you said saying I'm sorry doesn't mean one is weak but show sign of maturity. Does this include when someone else offended you and then you apologises just to prove maturity? No, it's not maturity in my opinion, but a sign of weakness.

You do realize it was because you always apologise to your hubby even when he's wrong that's why he kept waiting for you to do same whenever there was an issue, don't you?. If you hadn't take that bold step the cycle would have continued. No one should give up their right just so they want a relationship work. At some point you'll get fed up and it might be to late and detrimental.

1 Like

Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by komzyb(f): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

While MOST females are unintelligent.

are u from akwa-ibom??
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by Vikfarad(m): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
FLAWLES:
I apologize wen am @ fault>sometimes i apologize wen my partner s @ fault to prevent quarrels.....Its no biggy
A matured comment. I hope these kids here would learn from you.
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
komzyb:
are u from akwa-ibom??

Postive,miss, I am.

[/size][/i][/font][/b][/color]
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by komzyb(f): 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Postive,miss, I am.

[/size][/i][/font][/b][/color]
wow,kul,sorry to ask,where in akwa-ibom?
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
komzyb:
wow,kul,sorry to ask,where in akwa-ibom?

I reside in Uyo but I am from Ikot Abasi L.G.A.

Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by komzyb(f): 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I reside in Uyo but I am from Ikot Abasi L.G.A.

ok
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by Youngpo413: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ok
Re: To Apologise Or Not To Apologise by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Must i say ''i love someone'' with my''tongue'' before i can actually mean it?There are at times, different solutions to a problem....action speaks louder than words bro!
dulux07:

Nice moves, but based on wat u ve written, u did not say Im sorry with ur tongue, but u actually expressed it, u confronting her first n gettin her favorite. ur still indirectly telling her u r sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, Things About Ladies That Will Make Them To Pick You Among Several Toasters / Guys,don't Try To Be A Hero When Your Woman Is This Fat ( Picture ) / Help: My Guy Said Am Not Grateful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.