Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please (4217 Views)

When you are in a deaf and dumb relationship. / I'm In Love With A Deaf And Dumb Girl, Please Advise / Women: Would You Rather Be Ugly And Intelligent Or Beautiful And Dumb? Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by romsky: 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2009
but tonye dat wasn't d version u told me o
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Ben13: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
me too
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by romsky: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2009
ben stop following me round na
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Ben13: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2009
why did you leave my birthday party undecided

and come to expose your tatafo character in the romance session tongue
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by romsky: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
Oh Lord allow dis cup to pass over me
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ JJYOU
U story is enough advice for OP.

@Poster,
U think its funny to be handicapped? Who can tell what will happen to any of us 'able' people tomorrow?
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by bluespice(f): 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2009
when did speech and hearing impediments become hereditary?
pls dont make me laugh im in a very good mood angry
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by touchmeder: 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2009
some people are so narrow minded.its up 2 ur sister if she chooses 2 date and even marry a physically challenged person. not everyone can do it. At 24,she is old enough 2know what she wants. Nairaland is not just a Nigerian thing oh u people should not send d wrong message please. na really if she children would be deaf and dumb angry
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by SeanT21(f): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2009
LOVE IS BLIND wink
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by ladykool(f): 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
@posterr
wow that story is so touching and why are u laughing
if ur sister loves a deaf and dumb then let her be!
@touchmaster
i so agree with ya
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Okijajuju1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ Poster

Oboy, I de feel your pain die.
How dem wan use communicate??
WHat if the deaf and dumbery is genetic??
Life would be frustrating after a while, especially when old age starts to set in.
Does she speak sign language??
How would the future be like??

Advice your sister before its too late o!! Instead make she marry midget.

Birds of a feather, lipsrsealed

JUST ANOTHER SIDE TO THE PICTURE>.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by alfchye(m): 1:15am On Feb 04, 2009
LOVE THEY SAY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER, AND WHEN IT CUMS TO LOVE REASON GOES ON SERBATICAL MISSION.MA FRIEND LEAVE UR SISTER ALONE.
I WONDER WHEN THEM WANT DO MARRIAGE HW THE GUY GO TAKE TELL FATHER SAY I DO
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 10:54am On Feb 04, 2009
I doubt if 'incompatible' couple ever divorce (neva heard). . .
This is cos they don't see the disability in their spouse like other ppl do.
I think this is what Love is all about. . .
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 10:57am On Feb 04, 2009
Awwww. . . . . , grin
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2009
Lo(Awww. . .)ol. . . I c u're up.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2009
I hve always been up naa. Just that I have been preparing. Tonight Im going for band practise. . . mkae that in 10 mins time
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
Aighhhhht. . .
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Czarskit(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2009
Aighhhhht. . .
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2009
WHy you sound like that ooo? sad
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by romsky: 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2009
pardner
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
Yes my dear? cheesy kiss
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by romsky: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
omo u don make me fall in luv
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2009
LMAO! U dont dey start now cheesy
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by romsky: 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2009
its just me
come is it not midnyt over there
ryt now hop into bed ooops pee first or wear ur diapers kiss
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2009
shocked shocked shocked I no be pikin ooo angry sad
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Omolola1(f): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ poster

there's nothing wrong in your sister falling in love with a deaf and dumb, love is a thing of the mind you know
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by odion77: 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
watz dere deaf and dumb na person now at least he is blend
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2009
no one seem to understand my plight here, ok if it were urs will you condone same?

ok check out this conversation:

deaf n dumb: ebe be be be be

gabrywyl: what do u say?

deaf n dumb: uh uh uh eb eb ebbb bbbebebebebeb

gabrywyl: honey i cant seem to understand you, pls demonstrate better

and maybe it could be that the little baby needs water in the bedroom

deaf n dumb: u be u be ur hu hu hu gub bebbebebe

gabrywyl: just looking at you husband

while the lil baby is choking in the room

how will u cope, answer me,

all ye critics
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2009
tonye-t:

no one seem to understand my plight here, ok if it were urs will you condone same?

ok check out this conversation:

deaf n dumb: ebe be be be be

gabrywyl: what do u say?

deaf n dumb: uh uh uh eb eb ebbb bbbebebebebeb

gabrywyl: honey i cant seem to understand you, pls demonstrate better

and maybe it could be that the little baby needs water in the bedroom

deaf n dumb: u be u be ur hu hu hu gub bebbebebe

gabrywyl: just looking at you husband

while the lil baby is choking in the room

how will u cope, answer me,

all ye critics

Ok. In relation to this,. Let me tell you 2 stories. The first one is regarding my bf and I and the 2nd one is a story relating to this couple whom change the phase of the world.

Let me start with mine.

5 years ago when I first met my bf, to be honest with you, I dont know what the hell he was talking its because Im a Malaysian and he is a Nigerian. The Nigerian slang is completely different and to us Malaysians, we hear you as mumbling to yourself instead of talking. Everytime he speaks, I basically do not understand what was he saying. Than my whole family started complaining saying that he is death and dumb and that nobody understood what was he saying. Than he brought his friends whom are Nigerians as well to my house and they spoke the same way. Than my family had realized that thats house Nigerians sound like when speaking in English. My sister told me to leave him while I can its because she find it useless if I could not understand a word he says but you know what made me stayed on? Its because I saw that sparkle in his eyes. The type of look where I know that I really want him.

Than soon whenever he talks, I start shutting my eyes and tried to concentrate. It took me a few days to do it and he had that blurred look on his face but I told him to keep talking and dont mind me what I do. I continue to shut my eyes and pay attention. Than all of the sudden, I understood every single word he said and now whatever he talks regardless if he was speaking in pidgin or just plain english, I could understand every single word and guess what all that had lead to? Its because of love, thats how you would be able to accomplish many things where other people could not explain.

But as the years go by, I taught him how to speak slowly and with a slightly different pronunciation in order for my family members to understand him and now, they all understood him well. Theres nothing in life which you cannot overcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd story

Theres this reality story where it hit the world with it. It even came out on Oprah. I saw it on TV just the other day.

Its about a white American guy whom is in the military and he goes to Arab for the war. He met a lady whom happened to be Arab and she does not speak or understand a single word of ENglish. She only could speak Arab and this guy only understood English and no other languages. Anywayz, they both fall in love with each other. Both speak in their own native language assuming that both understood each other. Than bla bla bla. . . Long story but I know in the end, they both got married and the lady migrated to America and she still could not speak ENglish at all and so is the guy, he could not speak Arab so while they were married, the lady took ENglish course and the guy took Arabic lessons. They both now culd speak in both languages and they are married for 6 years now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the person is death and dumb, does not mean the person is unable to learn how to speak properly. It takes alot of practise and I saw many people whom are in this situation eventually knows how to speak properly. They just need a push, great motivation from others and also lots of practise.

And thats why I disagree with you. God made every single individual for a purpose and that nothing is possible.

And let me tell you something about what I always tell people and to myself, 'if you do not want something, you will get that something no matter what and if you really like something, you will never get that something. But if you treat that something as a want and a dont want, that something will be your ultimate satisfaction.' (Gabby TMĀ  grin)
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Moyola(f): 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
A round of applause for Gabry!! grin tongue
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Tonyet1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2009
woooooooooooooow gabrywyl thank u so much i must confess u jus made me see things differently now, i apprreciate

well i was also wondering how we the friends of this chic could cope with her new hubby
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Gabry(f): 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
Phew. Thats a relief. Im glad now you get to see the picture. grin

So now you as a brother. What can you do about it? Well, if I were you, you should advise your sister to train him to speak properly. Tell her it will do him good in the future and if she really loves him, she would teach him and if he really loves her, he would take all the initiative to even learn how to speak properly. Remember, love overcomes all otherwise, explain how I can speak Pidgin and my bf can speak Malay?

Thats just it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents / Pls Rate My Picture / How Old Will You Be In 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.