Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please (4219 Views)

When you are in a deaf and dumb relationship. / I'm In Love With A Deaf And Dumb Girl, Please Advise / Women: Would You Rather Be Ugly And Intelligent Or Beautiful And Dumb? Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by waterworks(f): 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2009
its understandable outside naija, and for the priviledged ones as they can learn sign language and all that but in nigeria people are so ignorant! people just think wen ure mute its a don deal. yes the phone cal example makes sense but there are touch phones which wen u call the person u type wat is beign said and its read out by a machine on the other line. and if the person is deaf it can work the other way round u talk and it send as a meassage to that persons phone. if ure going to marry someone less privileged or handicapped you would have thot of all this and in fact growing up trhe handicapped person would already know and possibly have all this technology.

also they have things they can carry around which they can type in and it says the words in cas ethey are in a shop bla bla bla, also computers have a setting for speaking, keyboards and books have certain inscriptions called "transcriptions" they can read. the list is endless! ojuku juju or watever u call urself because they can not hear see or speek doesnt mean they cant live up to or more than expectations.

NIGERIANS DONT BE IGNORANT YOU LIVE AND LEARN. START LEARNING TODAY.

1 Like

Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Okijajuju1(m): 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2009
Waterworks!!
Thanks for your post. I know you are trying to potray me as being insensitive, but I am only keeping it real. I have come to face reality. I was born and bred in Naija. Yes I have travelled and seen the world and know that we have made technological advancements that could make life alot easier for the physically challenged, but then again, I am Nigerian and in Naija we do not have any of these gadgets you have spoken about. And even if they were there, they prolly would be unaffordable to most of them, and even if were affordable, I bet you that no network would be able to support the technology.

Voice to sms/sms to voice conversion. lol, in a country where MMS is still a big deal, and Video calls are almost non-existent. The only tools readily avaliable to the physically challenged in Nigeria and prolly Africa as a whole are as follows;

1. Blind - A cane, sunglasses, a stick, braille. ("Seeing-eye-dogs" dont even work in Nigeria)
2. Deaf - A pen and Notepad. (I'd add hearing aids, but they'ed either be too expensive, scarce, or their parts would not be readily avaliable.)
3. Mute - His/her hands (for signs), a pen and notepad.
4. Crippled/lame - Locally manufactured skate-board like looking things, manual wheel-chairs (as those automated ones are either too expensive, hard to maintain, hard to find, or no electricity to even charge the darn thing.)
5. No Hands - These class of physically challengedpeople and screwed especially if they lost both hands. O!! prosthetics.

So miss Whitewater, we know about that oyinbo handicaps are actually living independent productive lives, but this is not obodo oyinbo.

This is Nigeria. Things dont work like that.
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by waterworks(f): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
Husband; (Dials 911).
Operator; Hello!! Emergency Response Service, whats your emergency.
Husband; A-bay-bay, A-Bay-bay
Operator; I'm sorry I didnt quite get that, could you please repeat your emergency.
Husband; A-bay-bay-bay ah-ah be- bay-bey.
Operator; Could you give us an address so we could dispatch a squad car to your location.
Husband; buh-eh-bay-bey-bay.

since we are now mimickin names @ okere juju
i was just following ure footsteps
first of all dials 911??

ure argument is solid but i cant help but think u understood wat i was saying but felt like turning it all around undecided u started off with a foreign emrgency method so i followed u made it seem as though to be deaf and all that is a closed case so i was happy 2 enlighten u. but i did say for those priviledged when i started off and uve just stated that too, so wats this about? are we going round in circles or wat?
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by ZeeAfrica(f): 4:13pm On May 29, 2016
Op u r heartless. Remove yo signature coz u r a disgrace to such talk. I gues u wud b happy if she met a guy who talk and can hear propaly, but bits her like hell and also cheats on her
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by Lewaluv(f): 4:21am On May 20, 2017
Omfgawwwwwwd! This is toooo fukkin funny!
Tonyet1:
i went to Uniben last friday for a post graduate program and on reaching there i stayed with my friend who just got herself a new crush!

my beautiful-queen-related friend said she was crasily in love with a cool guy, really?i asked and she rushed me on my arms and took me to where he stays. on reaching there with her,

gooooooooosshhh!

the dude was a deaf and a dumb

like a true G, i notioned guy whats up?

and to my amasement, the guy said something like "e be be",  undecided i was like yeah am okay because i thought maybe it was a slang or flow or something new in UNIBEN, but on more notioning i discovered my friends new crush could not talk

my meeting got me so embarrassed becos i was never prepared nor told of what i will meet, yeah the guy was so handsome and clean from head to toe, what most ladied will die for.

after everything, i got myself thinking men nothing we no go hear for Uniben though he was not a student of the school, i tried not to ask her, but curiosity wont let me be, so i asked her

Hello baby sister, what got u hooked up with that cute guy there, and she told me all the heaven and earth,like he told her that he liked her and all that

ok!so are they the reasons y u got carried away, and by the way how did you hear him tell you that? he smiled into my eyes while babbling, she said

so how do you intend to cope with the bey bey bey bey bey and hu hu and all of that, at this point i couldnt help but laughed heavily, and she began crying, now this was someone who has dated some really cute speaking Gs before now

well they say "wonders shall never end" and "true love could sometimes be found in unlovely things" i know but

pls fellow NLs how can i get my baby sister to see that she could be infatuated and not in love, and that is if am right

or if she is rite , plsssssssssss how can they cope with one talking and the other babbling

goooosssssssshhhhhh

i cant imagine this, someone help me or my queen sister out, she is 24 yrs of age
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by urchcoded(m): 12:18am On May 21, 2017
Czarskit:
So deaf & dumb people shouldn't be loved abi? What if u were deaf & dumb?
Bless ur sister's heart. . .

Dis question is really a strong one to ponder on

What if u were deaf and dumb
Re: Am In Love With A Deaf And Dumb! Advice Please by sandyisioma(f): 2:36am On May 21, 2017
urchcoded:

Do you realise this thread was opened 2009,February to be precise.. lols
urchcoded:

urchcoded:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Ten Signs He Just Wants To Have Sex With You / How Old Will You Be In 2020? / Photo Of The Floor Length Hair This Girl Rock Will Wow You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.