Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari (11573 Views)

Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! / Probe electoral fraud in S’East, APGA urges Buhari / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Vodkka(m): 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
The All Progressive Grand Alliance has urged the President-elect, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to probe what it described as election frauds in Abia State when he assumes office on May 29.

APGA National Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh, who made the call at a joint press conference with the party’s governorship candidate in Abia State, Dr. Alex Otti, on Sunday in Umuahia, rejected the result of the poll and vowed that the party would challenge it at the election petitions tribunal.

He alleged that “while other parts of the country are celebrating democracy, the Independent National Electoral Commission used the South-East for experiment.”

Umeh alleged that both the April 11 governorship poll and the April 25 rerun in Abia State were marred by irregularities.

He accused the INEC of colluding with the Peoples Democratic Party to rig the poll in favour of PDP’s candidate.

He expressed shock that INEC ignored APGA’s earlier call for the outright cancellation of the controversial results from three Local Government Areas on April 11 poll, but instead reinstated the cancelled results.

Umeh said, “The controversy that was generated by the Returning Officer in restating the election results he had cancelled in Obingwa, Osisioma and Isialangwa North, necessitated APGA’s earlier call for the cancellation of the ” out of the reality figures from the affected councils.”

Umeh insisted that INEC ought to have sustained the cancellation of the results from the three council areas as it did in Imo State in 2011, alleging that “even the rerun was held under incoherent preparations as up till Friday night, details of polling units, where election was to hold, remained speculative.”

He claimed that the election was won by APGA but manipulated in favour of PDP, vowing to head to the tribunal to seek redress.

“APGA rejects the result of the poll as announced not because we cannot lose election but can accept losing election through credible process. We won the election clearly but our mandate was stollen.

“Accordingly, we will not resort to self help; we will challenge the result at the tribunal “, he vowed.

He promised that “APGA will firmly stand by Otti until he reclaims his stolen mandate,” he added.

Umeh said Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has restated his commitment to ensuring that Otti gets justice.

Otti thanked Abians for “their massive support ” for him, and appealed to them to remain calm and prayerful as he heads for the tribunal.

He vowed to stop at nothing in reclaiming his ” stolen mandate”.

“Election has come and gone but the battle has just started. Evil cannot prevail over good but if it seems to prevail, it is only for a while.

“Weeping can only endure for a night, joy comes in the morning. We will not resort to brigandage because two wrongs cannot make a right, Otti added.

He alleged that voters were intimidated and scared from the polling units by coffins paraded in Aba on the eve of the election by suspected PDP sympathisers.

Otti said the rerun was fraudulently cancelled in Umunneochi council under questionable circumstances after it had been listed by INEC, and accused the electoral umpire of complicity.

http://www.punchng.com/news/probe-electoral-fraud-in-seast-apga-urges-buhari/
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
I Like how this is going..
Grabs popcorn..
But seriously, electoral malpractice in SS/SE states is somewhat worrisome.. I can't believe some persons still want to stick to the archaic way of doing thing.. I believe there is a time to grow up..and that time is now..

24 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Passing by

1 Like

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Just go to court, simple. Buhari's direct involvement in a probe would be seen in a different light by PDP supporters

17 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Caseless: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thesame apga that was in connivance with pdp to rig against buhari during presidential election is now begging BUHARI to probe a crime it was an accomplice in carrying out? This people are shameless.

APGA may you lose the only state you have and cease to exist as an opposition party in Nigeria.White-elephant party!

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by theV0ice: 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Caseless:
Thesame apga that was in connivance with pdp to rig against buhari?

The hypocricy abi na childishness tire me. He for mention march 28 na.

In fact, I like what PDP did to APGA in Abia....since APGA forgot they were supposed to be a political party in their own right and not a subsidiary of PDP grin

Little wonder governor Obiano is now seeking a better alliance grin

45 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by kinglekan: 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Vodkka:
cc:lalasticlala, kingtom, stephenqueen, ipledge, 2dice, alberto2k, kinglekan, godvilla, ronald4lif, farano,

I still dae greet grin

U nor dey tire?? Which kain over greeting be dis?
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Caseless: 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
theV0ice:

The hypocricy abi na childishness tire me. He for mention march 28 na.

In fact, I like what PDP did to APGA in Abia....since APGA forgot they were supposed to be a political party in their own right and not a subsidiary of PDP grin

Little wonder governor Obiano is now seeking a better alliance grin
sure ! Obianno is a smart guy. He's going to be one of the best thing to happen to that region. I supported ngige, but I don't regret obiano's emergence as the winner then.

APGA cannot last one year from now. The lousy victor umeh had the guts to even call BUHARI's name. Someone should have slapped him for me upon hearing that nonsense coming out of his mouth.

27 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by arewafederation: 10:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Why are these ibos always calling Buhari to come to their rescue? Is he now their new messiah? undecided

SMH for the Igbos.

31 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by baby124: 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
You home is full of banana's, you invite monkey in. Good luck trying to chase the monkey away. Self created problems. PDP will die there.

20 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by 9jvirgin(m): 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
The same man you cursed grin ... These guys are foohls

These people are shameless...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by ki02020(m): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
I tell u nothing is impossible o.......apga now see buhari as the mesiah that can put things in order....and when APC was asking for their endorsment they were like TAAAH geehhht aweeeyh yuu thatii old man that will soon die......abeg baba no be tribunal

20 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Vicotex(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:
I Like how this is going..
Grabs popcorn..
But seriously, electoral malpractice in SS/SE states is somewhat worrisome.. I can't believe some persons still want to stick to the archaic way of doing thing.. I believe there is a time to grow up..and that time is now..
Stfu.
Dem fence your eye/ear when Northerners dey use underage voters?
The moment una hear anything comcerning PDP/SE/SS, una BP go high
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by dustmalik: 11:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Interesting times ahead, indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by omenka(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Wow. I thought they said only APC doesn't accept results of polls conducted. When Buhari said what happened in some parts of the SE was nothing but a sham, they said he's "drawn Battle lines with the South East and South South". Now here are their brothers speaking in an even more critical tone than the General. Wonder what they are gonna say to them. Call them "gambari slaves" maybe.

Smh.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Vodkka:
cc:lalasticlala, kingtom, stephenqueen, ipledge, 2dice, alberto2k, kinglekan, godvilla, ronald4lif, farano,

I still dae greet grin
Na u dey greet oo
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by ezeagu(m): 12:49am On Apr 27, 2015
Where did he "urge Buhari"? Wannabe wannabes.
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by raumdeuter: 12:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Baba Buhari don't mind them. Pdp vs Apga na family affair.

Let Pdp teach them a lesson in that region.

Soon APGA would be like KOWA

29 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by emiye(m): 12:57am On Apr 27, 2015
Mumu party, like the son of a thief, telling Police man to arrest his father.

17 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by focus7: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Which of the Buhari, is it the same one APGA as a party told his members to vote against for their preferred and endorsed Jonathan? I suggest they should take their case to Azikwe Ebele Jonathan at Otueke.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by PentiumPro(f): 1:52am On Apr 27, 2015
The comments are hilarious grin cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by KingTom(m): 2:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Vodkka:
cc:lalasticl ala, kingt om, stephenqu een, ipled ge, 2d ice, albe rto2k, kinglek an, godv illa, ronald 4lif, faran o,

I still dae greet grin
I double greet grin
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by asiwajub(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2015
Hahahahahshshshshshs grin grin grin APGA don wake up after chopping GEJ money. Dia is god oooooo

12 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Princess042(f): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
APGA and PDP will settle their differences soon
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by ITbomb(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
Let him concentrate on governance before APC would say that he was distracted
It is not everything that he sees

Meanwhile, if you think Microsoft doesn't see that you are using pirated Windows and Office, you are wrong, read here why they allow you to use it and why you will eventually buy it.
http://ityunit..com/2015/04/why-microsoft-allows-pirated-software.html
Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Rapsainot(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
Life is not just about how it starts, but how it ends.
Be good to everyone, no one really knows his/her Samaritan.
Be good to you neighbors, never take anyone for granted.
Never keep malice.
Take it or leave it, each individual around you can make or mar you.
#KeepCalmAndLoveEveryone.
"Though no one can go
back and make a brand new start, anyone can
start from now and make a brand new ending.”
With a loving heart and a forgiving soul, Life can be a bed of roses for me and YOU
#Perceptive

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by iluvweed(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
grin

This reminds me of my igbo friend back in sec school....He was so stingy, he doesn't share his food or snacks with anyone, BUT when he doesn't have food again, he starts begging everyone in the class for food with an innocent face as if he has not eaten for days!.... cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by okotv(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
just form an alliance with him

1 Like

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by Emmabel(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2015
The worse and clueless party I ever known. Even there national chairman couldn't win a senatorial seat in a state they have stronghold. How do they expect to win another state..........chickens

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari by ayusco85(m): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2015
When will south east have sense? u didnt vote for buhari, now u want him to work for u more than any region? well u ve to live with the consequences of ur stupid action.

last bullet: when u were romancing PDP did u call buhari?

13 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Boko Haram, IPOB, Bandits Are In The Same Category / 42 Boko-Haram Suspects Arrested In Lagos, Ogun / The Evil Called Radio Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.