Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer (39136 Views)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. / Dear Nigerian Job Interviewers, Please Stop Stressing Us / 6 Annoying Things Nigerian Interviewers Do When Interviewing An Applicant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by baybeeboi: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
vfactor:

Then you should be able to tell us what you say when you know someone won't get the job
the truth

1 Like

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Tunagee(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
chrisflyin:
Get a job fast. Get a new CV. There is need for Change.

Send me your old cv and get a Professional CV.
Everyone I have done this for got the job. HR managers have too many CVs only the attractive ones get result.
You can choose from more than 10 designs and formats.

I will also send you 100 interview questions.
email chrisflyinghigh@yahoo.com.

We are employers of labour so leave that shit! we cant all be looking for jobs that are already reserved for families and friends!People with the ugliest CV's are in better jobs you are here doing CV business.

4 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by idupaul: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
They all suddenly loose interest in all U are saying and one of them suddenly what premiership club U support

4 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by baybeeboi: 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Readonee35L:

You must have been interviewed b4 unstarted interviewing people
Nah! Not everyworker is interviewed you know.
Have you ever seen a local government conducting an interview?
# not that i work there though
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Tunagee(m): 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
mykerg:
Mine was at silverbirds Rythm 93.7..Everthing went on well till I was asked for my number and as I started with zero,I saw a certain change on my interviewers face and I knew that was it .I blew it..I was told I would be called back but never heared from them till date..

Bros that was not what happened? the issue was that a murderfucker already has that job and you were just fulfilling recruitment exercise.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
I went for job interview in a manufacturing company,after the interview my interviewer told me I would be good as a lecturer. Instantly I know I have to move on with my life.

19 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by 12month: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
About 2 years ago, I got interview at a company and towards d end of the interview they asked about my findings of their company I answered well but mistaken it as a limited instead of PLC, d man correct me sharp sharp. Na there I know say my case don close

3 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
sisqology:

You should never mention any figure. did you?

I didn't
The quoted was what I said. The CEO looked at me and smiled, he knows I am trying to be a smart one by not giving him figures.

2 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by kristylopezz: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
mykerg:
Mine was at silverbirds Rythm 93.7..Everthing went on well till I was asked for my number and as I started with zero,I saw a certain change on my interviewers face and I knew that was it .I blew it..I was told I would be called back but never heared from them till date..

Just like that? So how where you supposed to call the numbers?

7 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by woodfrank(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
lol
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by braine(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
I hate that salary question. You can never get it right.

2 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by judedwriter(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Gasout:
We'll get back to U
Classic phrase interviewers use in dumping applicants grin but if u can pray seriously for favor,, they might miraculously call u back.

4 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by freakbeatz(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
ayusco85:
Or when u construct sentences like this.................
grin this dude got hit haarrdd!!!
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by shevon: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
I went for an interview once and I was asked how much I was being paid at my (then) place of work. When I told them (the honest truth) everybody in the panel were like shocked
The lady that asked me the question simply told me "Even our MD does not earn that much" and I knew that was it, I will never get this job.

7 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by An2elect2(f): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
Omotolu:
I went for job interview in a manufacturing company,after the interview my interviewer told me I would be good as a lecturer. Instantly I know I have to move on with my life.

OhmyGod! not good.

1 Like

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Karleb(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
OYINBOGOJU:
This wasn't but i think it happened to Nler.

After his phone rang singing aloud shoki shoki ehn shoki

The interviewer asked if he was there to look for shoki or to get a job.

gringringringringringrin
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by martinsaba: 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
chrisflyin:
Get a job fast. Get a new CV. There is need for Change.

Send me your old cv and get a Professional CV.
Everyone I have done this for got the job. HR managers have too many CVs only the attractive ones get result.
You can choose from more than 10 designs and formats.

I will also send you 100 interview questions.
email chrisflyinghigh@yahoo.com.

just sent you a mail with cv edit as subject from visit******ins@gmail.com
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Sormeh: 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
ayusco85:
Or when u construct sentences like this.................
grin grin grin
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
mykerg:
please what is the right thing to say?
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by ExInferis(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
kristylopezz:

Just like that? So how where you supposed to call the numbers?

By 'number' they mean the pay you think you're worth, not your phone number.

The salary question is best answered by referring to the industry standard, then factor in your qualifications and experience.

2 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by belladonna7: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
Readonee35L:

You must have been interviewed b4 unstarted interviewing people
brilliant response.mehn..u dn catch ds guy for corner.

1 Like

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Rilwayne001: 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
I was asked to tell them what I know about the company. I narrated all that wikipedia wrote about them and also all I have read from their official website, and I cap my narration with the point that they were the first org to introduce the MasterCard debit card, even though the interviewers were'nt aware of this fact, they were bent on argueing with me, I had to tell them to check this fact on wikipedia, the 2 ladies were just looking at me like **this guy don crayy** grin grin

One of them ask who my role model is, a question I never expected because I don't really have a particular role model. So I answered by saying, I have a lot of role model. The lady pressured me to mention a particular one of them, so I said Albert Einstein. She was like What!!! I quickly change it and said Wole soyinka. Even though they were expecting me to mention people like okonjo iweala or SLS, I tried as much as possible not to allow their pressure deter me to mention those 2 peeps cus I know nothing about them.

All of a sudden the interview started getting boring, So I was asked if I have any question for them. So I asked by bringing up the isssue of MasterCard debit card again, I asked them that if their org wasn't the first bank to introduced it then which bank did it? The lady replied me by saying "You can now go, there are lot of other applicants waiting to be interviewed" grin grin grin lols.

I was just laffing at my self on my way home. I never expect to see myself exhibit such liver grin grin lolsz..

I was called for medicals and other documentions a month after the interview cool cool

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Karleb(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
mykerg:

Were they expecting you to start with +234?

Pls deliberate more on this.
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Rilwayne001: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
braine:
I hate that salary question. You can never get it right.

That's not true. Before going for an interview, you are expected tp read everything about the company.
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by wolegzy: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=braine post=33162145]I hate that salary question. You can never get it right. [/quote

Have you ever tried saying these line - ' My major reason for applying for this job is not financially motivated. It's for career growth / exposure to how an organization like yours operate . All the same I would want a pay structure that will be fair to me and to your organization- a win-win structure. Thanks '.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by adonismuller(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=wolegzy post=33162724][/quote] wow,stolen
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by fpeter(f): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
baybeeboi:
i don't go for interviews...........I interview people.

with your monicker, I doubt your story.

4 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nicepoker(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
viqueta:
Went for an interview last week, well everything was going fine until the how much do u want us to pay you question popped up and viola!! I think my price and that of the interviewer were too far apart that was when I knew. that my chances of them calling me would be slim
greed made u lost that job. Why not tell them to pay u according to the pay structure of the organisation.

1 Like

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by IbkD: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
mykerg:
I wonder why the look changed. Perhaps, he/she needs to go back to school. Zero connotes number, while 'Oh' connotes alphabet. Was probably feeling superior to you, like he is a better educated person. You should have questioned the expression, and corrected his warped English.

4 Likes

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by braine(m): 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=wolegzy post=33162724][/quote] and you think they've not had many people tell them that generic line? I attended am interview in last April and I told him what you just mentioned. You know what he explicitely told me? "cut the crap, its all about money"! And I still had to mention a figure which later brought about negotiation. Indeed, he was correct, its all about the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=wolegzy post=33162724][/quote]nice reply I'll put dat in mind wenever i hav a job offer
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by braine(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

That's not true. Before going for an interview, you are expected tp read everything about the company.
Read what about the company exactly? Most companies are coded. You naturally wouldn't find salary talk on their websites. Plus, its not all companies that are so popular.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corp: Updates / Prison Service (federal Ministry Of Interior) Requitment / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.