Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,588 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer (39456 Views)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. / Dear Nigerian Job Interviewers, Please Stop Stressing Us / 6 Annoying Things Nigerian Interviewers Do When Interviewing An Applicant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 29, 2015
chinkichun:

No offence, but if that's your only reason, you're wrong. I already cited higher authorities that said otherwise. English is tricky you know, so I'll stick with what the alphabetic method till I'm convinced beyond doubt it's wrong. Thanks.

Good luck on that.....
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by jtech: 8:04am On May 25, 2015
DanielPop:
This is what you should say when asked the inevitable "How much do you expect to earn question"

Honestly, i expect to be paid N500,000 because my work will improve your company's bottomline in the following ways. First, i will table before you a short term proposal to create Medical Referral Center's in your geo-political zone. Considering that this field is a competitive field, it is a first step towards securing your market share in your area of core competence so as to discourage competitors from moving in. That should increase your earning by about 40% of what it is today in my first year as your staff. In real terms, an extra N190m per annum. Cost of achieving this shouldnt be more than 30% of expected returns, if prudently managed (let your CV highlight that you have core competency in this area too). My plan also dovetails into sequenced expansion into the other geo-political zones in the mid term. I will detail the proposal in full if given the right platform!

Also, don't forget to add...

I was a part of the team that bidded for and acquired XZY company on a 15 year Public Private Partnership deal worth N3bn. That project is currently up and running and is verifiable. I want to join your organization because i understand you need someone who can play a leading role in business expansion, which my experience with XZY company has prepared me for. I believe the challenges in your company are exactly what i am looking for at this period as it offers a platform to avail my skills in helping your organization attain cutting edge status in your industry! And if you dont mind, i have a question for you?

Question:

Does your organization have a vibrant knowledge transfer policy? I intend to mentor and coach staff who will work under me, assuming i am employed, as future leaders of your organization because i forsee this organization expanding into a behemoth in 15 years and would need dyed-in-the-wool transformational leaders!

Guy,

Dem go hire you fast!

dis talk na 4 pesin with 15yrs workin experienc in dat compnys line of work n inndustry...u cant wok in an FCMG firm 4 2yrs n hope 2 say somtin bret takin lyk dis in an Oil n gas firm intaview ...guy gboju kuro n lest i 4gt u r only bein generic deyll wnt specifics wit examples frm ur life xperienc
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by DanielPop(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2015
jtech:

dis talk na 4 pesin with 15yrs workin experienc in dat compnys line of work n inndustry...u cant wok in an FCMG firm 4 2yrs n hope 2 say somtin bret takin lyk dis in an Oil n gas firm intaview ...guy gboju kuro n lest i 4gt u r only bein generic deyll wnt specifics wit examples frm ur life xperienc

You must have done some spot of work within that two years you mentioned. So, go ahead and apply your work experience along the line of argument i highlighted earlier. If i am employing you, you have to tell me how much you expect to earn and why. Also how you can impact my organization with your experience. Of course i wouldnt ask this if you are a greenhorn (fresh graduate). However, i expect every experienced hiree to explain what value they will bring if employed as a justification for how much they intend to earn. I wont rob Peter to pay Paul if you catch my drift bro!
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by goodman41: 3:25pm On May 25, 2015
olasquare22:
Mine was with one of d big 4 audit firm. I realized I wouldn't be called for the next stage when my interviewer asked "did u think it is ur grade that will work for us here?". Regret mail landed after a week.
why that question?pls,i will like to hear more
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by jodeci(m): 11:34pm On May 25, 2015
Attended an interview,rather than asking me how much i would want to be paid,i was asked how much my last company was paying me( was out of job then and they were aware of that) and i was quite honest with them.There was no way they would have paid me up to my last company but since they asked,i answered them honestly.Still waiting to hear from them,2months already gone.
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by olasquare22: 6:30pm On May 27, 2015
goodman41:
why that question?pls,i will like to hear more
do me PM. Can't say some things here.
Re: Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer by mykerg: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
please what is the right thing to say?

He was expecting a ziro in pronunciation not the ze as we fondly pronounce..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army List Of Candidates Shortlisted For 73rri Pre-screening Examination / 13 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / When Asked About Salary Preference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.