Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. (1177 Views)

Seun, Lalasticlala Mynd44 Others. Stand Up For Nigeria Today. / Seun, Lalasticlala: There Is A Scammer And Thief On Nairaland. / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by omenka(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Afternoon guys.

I had to create a thread for this because it appears actions are hardly taken by you guys when one uses the "mail mods" feature.

I'm doing this not for my own sake but for others who have slightly limited means of purchasing data, especially given how expensive they could cost those using Android, Windows and iOS devices. I use a BB device to surf the web so I've got no problems with cost downloading stuffs or viewing pages on this forum or elsewhere, but the above listed users might not feel the same way.

There are some posters here that have cultivated the despicable habit of advertising their wares on threads even though there are proper channels through which they could advertise those products. When they upload those pictures that have absolutely no correlation whatsoever with the topics under discussion, they inadvertently increase the "weight" of those pages making them cost more to view and take longer time to load. These guys spam every single thread in the most popular sections of the Forum with those images while contributing absolutely nothing to discussions, and that in itself is very annoying.

It is high time the mods started clamping down on such posts and posters. If anyone wants to advertise they should follow the appropriate channels and stop making a mess of every thread they walk into. Typical example is what they did on this thread: www.nairaland.com/2280052/ambassadors-world-leaders-rush-meet. angry

And for those who might possibly be affected by this, don't take it personal, I'm not against your prosperity. This is a public space and some decorum need to be observed. As a matter of fact, your acts run afoul of a couple of Rules here.

If you want to advertise, pay for it. Nairaland is a business enterprise and not a charitable establishment. Seun needs money, just as you do, to keep this all important site running.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by IamOdin: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by SeverusSnape(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by ozoigbondu: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
GBAM!!! GBAM!!! GBAM!!!
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by Redoil: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
Na only you waka come to complain? Jump enter canal if you no sabi do ur own.

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by MizMyColi(f): 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
undecided
Redoil:
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by omenka(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Seconded!
At last, we find a common ground. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by omenka(m): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided
Just ignore.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by EdCure: 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
They should also not fail to take those ethnocentric posts to their relevant sections. (travel or ethnic section). Lots of posts on politics board that shouldn't be there.

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by Redoil: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided
sweery how far? Did you see the keg of red oil i sent to you?
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by IamOdin: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Redoil:

u dey run mental?

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Seconded!
Thirded!

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by omenka(m): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
EdCure:
They should also not fail to take those ethnocentric posts to their relevant sections. (travel or ethnic section). Lots of posts on politics board that shouldn't be there.
Absolutely. I agree with this as well. High time we restored some sanity in this place.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by MzJackBaueress(f): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
I totally agree with you.

One year ban to anyother who advertizes illegally.

But it seems Xeun isn't bothered,is he?
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by nduchucks: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Message endorsed.

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by talktimi(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
So Omenka has sense sef I wont quarrel with you again just because of this your consideration of others
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by omenka(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
talktimi:
So Omenka has sense sef I wont quarrel with you again just because of this your consideration of others
Na you sabi.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by IamOdin: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

i like ur bed.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by IamOdin: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

i.like.ur.bed.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by omenka(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Sometimes it takes a protest to get things done even when those with the powers to take action aren't comfortable with the prevailing conditions.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by Destined2win: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
If seun starts looking at all those things, he might lose grip of the things that are more necessary.

There is no way he can totally stop it, going extreme to stop it might not really be good for nairaland and those of us that love to visit.

If you care to know, giving people some form of freedom in forums like this, is necessary for its growth.

He did well by limiting the adverts to certain sections

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by talktimi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
omenka:
Na you sabi.
you no get choice for the matter grin
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by lalasticlala(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Omenka thank you for drawing our attention to this.

actually, we have been dealing with such spammers, giving them life ban in most cases.

its really annoying to see such.

i personally know the number of spammers i deal with daily. the number is enormous.
its only those i didnt see or other mods didnt see that may be free, but once any of us sight them, we deal with them. although after dealing with them, they open new accounts and continue with their illegal spamming, but we will also continue to deal with them...

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by SeverusSnape(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
omenka:
At last, we find a common ground. cheesy
Yeah! cheesy
We don't have to disagree all the times, But seriously, The mods have to something about that, I'm one of those that uses an android device and I know how those nonsense adverts can plummet one's data.
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by Fabdedon(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

actually, we have been dealing with such spammers, giving them life ban in most cases.

i personally know the number of spammers i deal with daily. the number is enormous.
its only those i didnt see or other mods didnt see that may be free, but once any of us sight them, we deal with them. although after dealing with them, they open new accounts and continue with their illegal spamming, but we will also continue to deal with them...
and also please when people need advice on Nairaland and it eventually hits home page please try hiding some irrelivant comments.. Even tho the poster needs the advice we want to learn too.. Thanks for understanding and your hardwork

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by Destined2win: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

In GEJ's cartoon voice vs Shekau, "na you go tire oo"
Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
What about trolls who post irrelevant images. Those set of people pose even more nuisance.

They are the ones you should be more worried about OP...Not someone who is trying to make a living legitimately and who's probably Struggling to make ends meet.

Your complaint and this thread is totally uncalled for. angry

1 Like

Re: Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy. by lalasticlala(m): 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

(1)

Aisha Buhari Seeks Legislation Against Early Marriage / Sgf: Okorocha Submits 3 Names To Buhari / We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.