Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (52905 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 28, 2015
Chigold101:
do you think that the north has that population they always quote?
I think now that oil price has fallen so low, the north should allow the south to go.

This battle for self actualization started years even before Ojukwu called his people home.

This Nigeria is a fraud. My own view is not based on what happend during this past election but in what happens in our civil service, police & the military & paramilitary also.

Also because of the injustice in our school system. The north has sat under the guise of under previlige in education and continues the promote mediocrity & half baked minds. These half baked individuals are the people that run our ministeries & parastatals.

What Ojukwu saw over 40years ago is now hunting all of us. M watching to see how it goes.

God bless & rest OJUKWU‘S soul
Forever more...amen
u said it all Nigeria is a scam

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by truefact: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2015
GJames:
If you say the other regions conspired against you, give us reasons why you think so. Would a region (SW) that massively supported GEJ in the previous election switch side so easily without reason? Should Nigerians wait till we starve to death before we know GEJ is incompetent? I'm just tired of these people.

It is irrelevant whether you supported GEJ or not. Now we simply want out

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Chigold101(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2015
christopher123:
THIS HAS PROVED TO ME THAT YORUBAS AND REST OF NIGERIA ARE DAFT. ..THESE SET OF PEOPLE DON'T WANT YOU AND YOU ARE HERE BEGING THEM ..THIS IS SHAMEFUL .YOU MAKE THEM FEEL INDISPENSABLE

PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED .THEY SHOULD GO

AND HAVING INVESTMENT IN OTHER PART OF NIGERIA DOESN'T MEAN FORFIETURE COS NIGERIANS STILL HAVE INVESTMENT IN OTHER COUNTRY

SO IF THEY WANT TO GO LET THEM GO AND START BELIEVING IN URSELF AND STOP DEPENDING ON THEM

I SUPPORT. FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
ohhhh this man you get sense sha.

How i wish that gowon & awolowo including ken saro wiwa were thinking like you in 1967.

How i wish gowon was as wise as you are in 1967 he wouldnt have trampled upon the aburi accord.

I wish gmb will buy into this your wisdom & let the people of ss/sw region go.

Freedom is all we ask for or true federalism. Where every nigerian will be equal. Where meritocracy will be promoted & not federal character filled with northern mediocrity. Where a child from anambra state would not have to score 137 & a child from gombe would score 20 to gain admission into the same school.

It is a pity. I have always believed in one nigeria but as long as kano state still remains much populated than lagos something os wrong.

Humn!!!! Nigeria is a big fraud.

God rest & bless Ojukwu‘s soul... Amen

3 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by gemini35(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2015
ExInferis:

The hypocrisy of your contention is nauseating.

1. There is no democracy where majority doesnt always carry the vote, except in a constitutionally anomalous society such as ours with a rotary system of patronage

2. When majority vote a certain way, minority a different way, and the majority wins, its neither oppression nor conspiracy. Its simply a game of numbers. The person who lost must h ave once won too.

3. There doesnt have to be a conspiracy for a failing dullard to lose elctions. People do sometimes get fed up, you know.

4. There's no nation on earth where national resources are laid claim to by a smaller geopolitical segment. To suggest the economic mainstay of over 170 million should be subject to the ownership whims and caprices of that smaller segment is self destructive. Resources are commonwealth, not fiefdoms. Hold your governors responsible for your quagmire.

Lastly, consider this:

After the ss/se secedes, then what? What happens in the new joint biafra between the igbo and the ijaws, itsekiri, urhobo and the many tribes of new country?

I'll tell you. The game begins all over:

Interests
Oil politics
Tribalism
Elections
Mudslinging
Divisions
Claims of oppression and conspiracy
Skirmishes
Secessionist demands

Its a vicious circle.

what happens nxt is non of your business the truth is that the north have rule for years and claim they are born to rule,man the center can't,hold ok,

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by truefact: 7:49am On Apr 28, 2015
Tnycee:
Nigeria can never be divided in peace....all those calling for disintegration should be prepared for war.

Period!

Why Yoruba and Hausa afraid of being on their own? Domt they hate the Igbos again? Useless tribes
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2015
OneNaira6:

Yes I'm spitting on the floor to show my disgust of you yoruba. You people are nothing but wicked hearted, tribalistic community filed with so much hatred that all you ppl do is nothing but come online and try to create anomisty between two families. Who the heck does that except you lots. You ppl disgust me **spits on the floor and spit in your face**. Wicked hearted monkeys
go kill yourself then! Cuz that's as far as you can go # idiat oshi
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

It is left to Edo state to decide if they want to join us or not. It all depends if they are allowed to vote in the referendum to join the Federation of Lower Niger or not. Personally, I would want Edos to remain in Nigeria, because the more tribes there are in the Federation of Lower Niger, the more ethnically-divided the country might become - becoming a mini version of Nigeria. Ijaws, Ibibios and Igbos are enough already to populate the lower Niger. All ethnic groups are religiously homogenous - christians, thus ruling out religious clashes as obtainable in Nigeria. Culturally similar, these people can forge ahead in unity and progress.

You guys are funny...cunning set of so called leaders

It not BIAFRA anymore it not LOWER NIGER

Continue..it gonna shock you people the reactions from these so called LOWER NIGER inhabitants...you guys will be shock beyond words
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by redsun(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Why dem no push for his self determination under the shoeless son that was recently booted out of Aso rock.

You better hold Jonathan tight and ask for anything you want before May 29

Take note, This is no-nonsense Buhari's regime not the clueless drunkard that was playing with his Boko Haram friends for 5yrs

Demand ko, Supply ni

Fighting in the arid birth north is way different from the bread basket south south. Any major disruption there will gouund Nigeria and not even cutlasses will be afforded by the Nigerian thieving government to wage a war against insurgency.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by gemini35(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Rotimi47:
see your life ; Ondo state have more oil than the whole South East so stop making comments that's funny! The bitumen used to construct Nigerian roads comes from the west, Ondo & Ogun states, Lagos has oil & one of , if not the largest gas deposit in Nigeria, The west soil is the most fertile all round in Nigeria for agricultural purposes not to talk about gold & precious stones located in Osun, Oyo & Ondo states. Your Biafra will split into 2 or more countries whenever you leave & you will wish you have stayed back as part of Nigeria. Some of the oil you people are claiming as yours belong & is in kogi state so you wish!
wish you have stayed back? We are going our seperate ways and if it bothers you much based on they way you are capping the lagoon is their for u to chill in
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by zendy: 7:59am On Apr 28, 2015
futprintz:
a wide margin of the majority of southerners are no longer interested in this self-determination bullshit...u will only hear such from the few tribalistic, illiterate and clueless artisans who still don't gerrit dat GEJ's defeat at de polls was de best thing to hav happenned in this country for a long time now...wit dat GEJ matter, they ve spoilt their case alredy...

I don't know what part of the South you come from but I can authoritatively tell you that if a referendum was held in Igbo land giving the Igbos the choice of remaining in Nigeria or opting out without bloodshed, at least 90% of all Igbos will vote to leave Nigeria

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by truefact: 7:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Funmiladey:
am really surprised most of you just comment here without carrying out proper research, mind you there's oil that has not been tapped in borno state on the chad basin so stop ranting as if you're a saviour

Take.your oil and go. We don't want you. Why can't you stay on own? I thought you hate Igbos. ..well, we are tribalistic and hate your lazy a.s.s

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by boxypane(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2015
ifynwaba:
you are a big fool leave us alone
Maturity Brother. Reason wit ur head nt ur ass. U should b logical about my quote " what development have the leaders of our region brought to us?. Absolutely nxt 2 nothing" it is my region 2 and I will not allow one selfish grp of self-centered individuals decide 4 me."
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2015
ikkkkk:

It's still a lot better than being hated extremely by the Yoruba's.
I haven't forgotten the Lagoon threat by ur oba.
brother, just one oba can't represent a whole tribe, I'm yoruba and since when the oba has uttered that statement, I've disliked him
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by PointB: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2015
@topic
Nice one.

Nigeria is a false union; the earlier we discontinued it the better for all of us.

It's not by force to live together.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by themodernman: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You are the dreamer. You do not realize the state of Nigeria when it is no longer in charge of the coffers of niger delta oyel. You are yet to realize the serious economic implications. With monies coming from the lower niger oyel ceased, salaries will be owed, economic activities will reduce as buyers will have less money to buy goods, flow of money around upper nigeria will drop drastically as the country will be thrown into confusion as to how to find for itself a new source of economic revenue, etc. With the economy thrown into such economic chaos and less available money to finance the economy, food production will also drastically stop. I don't need to remind you what the implications of food shortage are.

Instead of hating, why not put your brain into use and think of the consequences should lower niger pull out and strategies for your survival. That's how smart people think. Oh well, you need to revisit your secondary school economics book.

Dreamer.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by truefact: 8:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Gr8amechi:
keep quiet, is Nigeria bigger than USA,china India blame foolish GEJ for failing woefully

I thought you hate Igbos . I thought you said Igbos are the problem in Nigeria. ..why do you still want them in Nigeria?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by PointB: 8:05am On Apr 28, 2015
GJames:
If you say the other regions conspired against you, give us reasons why you think so. Would a region (SW) that massively supported GEJ in the previous election switch side so easily without reason? Should Nigerians wait till we starve to death before we know GEJ is incompetent? I'm just tired of these people.

South West (Yoruba) voted for their son Osibanjo! Quit the hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Ikwerreboy(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2015
SkyBlue1:
These groups speak for themselves, and it is hard to take them seriously considering they were silent during the 5 years of misrule of Jonathan that did nothing for the region they claim to love. Nothing deep or meaningful in this gathering, just a continuation of "our brother our oyel" politics. Eventhough that "brother" only enriched himself, did nothing for you people, and planted dischord among you. Silly people. If they are so serious let them push for a referendum, it is not any yahoo group that can come out and claim to speak the mind of a whole region, that is not the way the world works.

Thank you vry much my dear, i wonder who and who dey have consulted over there baseless decisions, i am from Ikwerre (port harcourt) south south nigeria, we will never a republic wit a group of greedy migrants called igbos, forget all dose nonsense asari (ijaw man) is doing there, the ijaws are noise makers...

I think if they reallu wmt us to divid dey should start by consulting the people, e.g traditional rulers,youths not to sit on a round table and dat speaking for a region(south south) with over 20million persons, Sai Buhari abeg arrest dese thouts...

South south stop merging wit d igbos it will:

1) make oda regions hate us more
2) Jonathan lost today was because he appointed some top positions to d igbos.
3) Remeber eastern region govt, were d igbos were bent on colonising the south south wit den ojukwu, if nt for the northerners who helped us.
4) South south and south east merging together will giv birth to another nigeria...

I will take u guys crious wen u cum up wit niger delta republic for the south south alone, for God sake wat will we the south south gain by sharing a republic wit a landlocked region who is currently offering notin to d nigerian government tink south south tink...
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by gemini35(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:
I have said this words countless times

For the mere fact that there are Cameroun living in calaber does not means that calabar belongs to camerouns..

The mere fact that there are igbos living and residing in most SS state does not give them the right to force marriage with us the people of SS..are u daft did

I can't and will never vote to join any biafra country

For their information..they better remove EDO STATE out of their so called south south part of territory and DELTA STATE as Well

If there should be a referendum today millons of people living here in SOUTH SOUTH will vote against it....we are not and we don't want to be part of biafra...

These people only speak for their selves and their pockets.....

The only way you can take SS as part of your so called country means war have to broke out...

And we all know the side the world power will support...
. Are u daft?did the op mention any igbo their or just for your hate for igbo makes u blab any how,
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Ababadada:
This your Urhobo that you use to challenging this movement I tired for you oo. In south south voice we support the movement.

are u d only SS, don't speak 4 us, u ain't even a SS u re from SE, even if u re from SS u maybe from Igbo related group , nw I see y u support ur kinsmen,

if u av ever lived in delta state then u will know if we re in support of Biafra or nt, except delta Igbo, same goes to Edo , bayelsa, pH except d Igbo related group there,...

don't wanna say much, bt let deer b a referendum, I swear if Biafra av 30% of our vote den call me a fool

.or u can start it on NL, start asking any IJAW, Itsekiri, isoko, Urhobo, Edo, calabar and see hw % of dem will agree to ur Biafra, we need Niger delta republic, u can keep deceiving d SW, and North abt this fake alliance, posting every time SE and SS as if without us una nor go feet go, bt u cant deceive me cous I know, ASAp

GEJ my HERO
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by blaqoracle: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
tunjion:
South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination

Monday 27 Apr 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/south-east-south-south-groups-demand-self-determination/207914/ lalasticlala fp

Ernest Chinwo in Port Harcourt

Some groups from the South-east and South-south regions of the country have called for self-rule and self-determination for the regions.

The groups, in a programme in Port Harcourt on Monday tagged: “A Solemn Assembly of the Peoples of the Lower Niger”, said they were not satisfied with the present constitution of the country, insisting that the country was designed to suppress the people from the Lower Niger comprising the present-day South-east and South-south zones.

Speakers at the one-day conference organised by the Lower Niger Congress (LNC) expressed their disappointment with the outcome of the 2015 general election, alleging that it was conducted to further push the two zones into the backwaters of the Nigerian nation-state.

The conference lamented the loss of President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 elections and said it was an orchestrated move by other regions of the country to relegate the region in the affairs of the nation.

They also described Nigeria as a country lacking the basis of a one united, one nation entity.

In a five-point proposal adopted at the conference, the people outlined the basis for the continued existence of the country as a united entity,

In the proposal, the people rejected the 1999 Federal Constitution as the basic legal framework for the continued existence of the country as a single entity.

It also mandated the production of a charter that would bind together all the language groups in the Lower Niger as equal partners in a proposed federation of the Lower Niger.

It was also unanimously adopted that there should be a mandate for the conduct of a referendum, as it was done in Scotland against the United Kingdom, to determine the continued existence of the two zones with the other parts of the country.

The congress adopted the call for a referendum proposing that an Asset Protection and Guarantee Scheme should be put in place to take an inventory of the assets of the people of the Lower Niger and ensure adequate compensation in case of any displacement.
Finally, the congress asked for a recall of its elected representatives at the Federal Capital City, Abuja, and whoever may be so appointed for consultations, warning that whoever contravened the order does so as it his/her own risk.

Setting the tempo of the discussion for the day, Secretary of LNC, Mr Tony Nnandi, said the aim of the conference was to bury the falsehood which he said had rubbished the people occupying the Lower Niger.

Going down the memory lane, he said the people of the Lower Niger had been short-changed and sacrificed in the course of building the country, as demonstrated in the last general election.
According to him, President Goodluck Jonathan lost out in the last elections, not necessarily due to incompetence, but because of an international conspiracy to sustain an alleged northern hegemonic hold on the other parts of the country.

"Jonathan's offence is that he is from the Lower Niger and he thought he could be on the same pedestal with the entrenched system. He had forgotten that the slave can never rule over the house of his master", Nnandi said.

Also speaking, human rights activist from the Niger Delta, Ms Ann-Kio Briggs, warned of the danger ahead for the in-coming Muhammadu Buhari-Federal Government as she said the people of the Lower Niger may go back to militancy to press home their demands.

According to her, the outcome of the last elections had willingly or otherwise pushed the people of the Lower Niger to be more vigorous in their quest for self-determination and self-rule.

Her words: "Nigeria, in outlook is oppressive and, in word, is deceptive. There is nothing one in the country called Nigeria. God didn't create Nigeria because He is not a god of injustice.

"The conspiracy by the United Nations, the United States and the United Kingdom, as expressed in the Boko Haram insurgency, to get President Jonathan out had done the people of the Lower Niger a great favour in the quest for self-determination.

"We have seen the change as being pushed by some people. We, in the Lower Niger will no longer sacrifice our wealth and environment for the sake of the country.”

Briggs, who was a participant in the last national conference held in Abuja last year, said there would not be any negotiation with the in-coming Buhari administration, warning the people against complacency in the face of intimidation and harassment by the government.
Jonathan so reduced most Nigerians to jesters.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
gemini35:
. Are u daft?did the op mention any igbo their or just for your hate for igbo makes u blab any how,

They want to build a country on deceit

From BIAFRA to LOWER NIGER

Please get your priorities right
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by truefact: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
ojsmscom:
If these poeple are going,then we d southwest will get our oduduwa nation too because we cant be with d notherners abeg
Does it mean the Igbos are keeping you in Nigeria? Why would you secede if igbos secede? Dont you love your hausa masters again? Coward fight for your freedom.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by weslineo: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
After all the presidential-elect did get there by popular votes but by regional votes.I would really like the country to go in the way we voted.the Hausas and yorubas;the south and south east.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by gemini35(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

Well you can as well tell me that EDO stand with biafra..

During the last war..we betrayed you guys,this time around we will fight you guys...
you will fight
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Ikwerreboy:

Thank you vry much my dear, i wonder who and who dey have consulted over there baseless decisions, i am from Ikwerre (port harcourt) south south nigeria, we will never a republic wit a group of greedy migrants called igbos, forget all dose nonsense asari (ijaw man) is doing there, the ijaws are noise makers...

I think if they reallu wmt us to divid dey should start by consulting the people, e.g traditional rulers,youths not to sit on a round table and dat speaking for a region(south south) with over 20million persons, Sai Buhari abeg arrest dese thouts...

South south stop merging wit d igbos it will:

1) make oda regions hate us more
2) Jonathan lost today was because he appointed some top positions to d igbos.
3) Remeber eastern region govt, were d igbos were bent on colonising the south south wit den ojukwu, if nt for the northerners who helped us.
4) South south and south east merging together will giv birth to another nigeria...

I will take u guys crious wen u cum up wit niger delta republic for the south south alone, for God sake wat will we the south south gain by sharing a republic wit a landlocked region who is currently offering notin to d nigerian government tink south south tink...

Lol guy u b Hausa boy claiming Ikwere , or no u b Yoruba boy claiming ikwere, u re a impersonator , no u re from SW, Lol IGBO over to u,

bros a beg nor vex na so Igbo people go call u soon, b ready, I don talk Tanya, in my recent post I said d ikwere re d only 1 in support of dem, nw I see, bros 4 warri u nor dare carry Biafra flag we go born u born u flag, bt since dem 1 attach with us, okay no problem we dey watch like 3D,... is ikwere nt Igbo ?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by waternogetemeny: 8:27am On Apr 28, 2015
ojsmscom:
If these poeple are going,then we d southwest will get our oduduwa nation too because we cant be with d notherners abeg

Where u dey go? U must continue in Nigeria. Are u not a Nigerian? Go on with one Nigeria, we no be the same, no follow follow me.
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2015
gemini35:

bro we don't want Biafra, 90% of us share d same view, am from delta I swear if u talk of Biafra we go born u and u flag, u can av d igbo related group if u want , bt any move to av us gonna b dealt with
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by GJames(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
PointB:

South West (Yoruba) voted for their son Osibanjo! Quit the hypocrisy!
SS & SE voted for who?
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by gemini35(m): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2015
OgagaMic:

bro we don't want Biafra, 90% of us share d same view, am from delta I swear if u talk of Biafra we go born u and u flag, u can av d igbo related group if u want , bt any move to av us gonna b dealt with
I,still ask you daft again to comprehend the op,by the time the dream is actualised you got no option than to born your self .
Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by signz: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2015
Division may only happen if GMB doesn't toe the line of the western masters that supported him.

Meanwhile, Tony Nnadi has been consistent with this his Lower Niger stuff for years now. I've seen him speak about his plan on Silverbird TV on several occasions

1 Like

Re: South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination by chukzzy1(m): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2015
philips70:
Ms Ankio Briggs will soon find herself in jail. She must not associate with every riffraffs that knows not what they seek.
she will find herself in jail for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

1 Dead, 7 "Unknown Gunmen" Captured In Imo / Abducted Kaduna-Abuja Train Passengers Regain Freedom / Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.