Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? (11577 Views)

Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Begs In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Dies (Photos) / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by bukatyne(f): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
TrishaP:
Not Cool.

For those who might not know what Caesarean Section is,
A Caesarean section(CS), is a surgical procedure in which one or more incisions are made through a mother's abdomen and uterus to deliver one or more babies.

It is often performed when a vaginal delivery would put the baby's or mother's life or health at risk. 

It isn't fair when people mock someone who went through this. We should learn to put ourselves in other people's shoes, it'll only make the world better.

Intersesting

Never heard of shaming women who gave birth CS...

I only know of people rejecting CS and praying miraculously for the mother to give birth vaginally and their rejection stems from the fact that it is seen as an illness or anomaly and not 'shaming'

In my world, women who birth through CS are treated with pity (Like someone who is/was ill) and care
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by bukatyne(f): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
@Juzzybabe,

It is well

Thank God both mother and daughter is hale and hearty
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
Juzzybabe:
Humm...this post touch me. I give birth a week ago to my first baby, and CS was never an option I ever dreamt of, but after I had labour for hours,I had to be scanned n it showed my water was insufficient to have a natural birth. The doctors told me CS was my way out. I had to accept to save my life and my baby. [b]Still nursing the cut and pains my mother in law look me in the eyes and insulted me that I was too lazy to push my baby out. She has been telling people and even to my face that I wasted her son's money on CS all because I couldn't push. she said I didn't labour. [/b]I am hurt by her words but I pray God have mercy on her.

Woow . . . . shocked shocked

That woman is the real definition of SATAN!
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by cococandy(f): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Juzzybabe:

undecided
Thanks dear.
Sorry to say but you won't believe that this very woman mocking me has an only daughter that has been married for 7years without a child
i wonder if she will be happy when her daughter complains of being mocked by her own MIL.
The things we women do to each other. undecided

Anyway Always make sure you tap into all possible sources of happiness and enjoy your life to the fullest.
Never respond to any negative comments concerning that issue.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by TrishaP(f): 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Was looking to see a real life example but none... Op, where did you get the notion that women who give birth through cs are mocked? undecided

All I see here is people condemning the act but no real life experiences undecided

I ask cos it sounds insane to me...

MarvellousGod:
Was looking to see a real life example but none... Op, where did you get the notion that women who give birth through cs are mocked? undecided

All I see here is people condemning the act but no real life experiences undecided

I ask cos it sounds insane to me...

jmoore:

Ask am oh. No real life example.

I have never seen a woman mocked because she gave birth via CS.

I Have an aunt who was almost at the verge of breaking down about this thought of mockery. Few days ago, on her way back from work she decided to branch my home.

From different gist this one came, she explained how her MIL made her felt when she told her she isn't a real woman until she goes through that labour pains in a heated argument with her. A colleague at work made similar statement indirectly. 

She almost cried but remained strong because she knows she isnt and cant  be the only one who has passed through such.

I can only imagine how other women must have felt about this too.

When I saw this image I decided to pass the message. Thought it could help.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by tpiadotcom: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
where's the link to the gif?
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by tpiadotcom: 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
as per the rest of your message, not every woman has CS for medical reasons, some prefer it for cosmetic ones.

either way, please find other ways to drum up traffic besides this one.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Wendy80(f): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
jmoore:

Ask am oh. No real life example.

I have never seen a woman mocked because she gave birth via CS.

My dear I've seen oh. Especially mother inlaws to dia daughter inlaw. I know a lady who stayed away after child birth to avoid mockery from her inlaws.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Something like that is not even supposed to make one feel bad in my opinion, instead, she should feel sorry for her mockers because their level of stupid1ty is something else.

4 Likes

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
Juzzybabe:
Humm...this post touch me. I give birth a week ago to my first baby, and CS was never an option I ever dreamt of, but after I had labour for hours,I had to be scanned n it showed my water was insufficient to have a natural birth. The doctors told me CS was my way out. I had to accept to save my life and my baby. Still nursing the cut and pains my mother in law look me in the eyes and insulted me that I was too lazy to push my baby out. She has been telling people and even to my face that I wasted her son's money on CS all because I couldn't push. she said I didn't labour. I am hurt by her words but I pray God have mercy on her.
shocked shocked shocked oh poor baby...heres a hug for you!!!Do not pay her heed!!! Be happy!!! Shes limited in understand to actually know what you went through......

2 Likes

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wedon:

Woow . . . . shocked shocked

That woman is the real definition of SATAN!
No shes not....Its what she understands.....
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by marbee(f): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
How will they laugh at people that gave birth through CS ,every method is to deliver a child na
I'm even surprise when I hear women gist of how they rejected CS ,as if the most important thing is not to be alive with your baby.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by marbee(f): 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Juzzybabe:
Humm...this post touch me. I give birth a week ago to my first baby, and CS was never an option I ever dreamt of, but after I had labour for hours,I had to be scanned n it showed my water was insufficient to have a natural birth. The doctors told me CS was my way out. I had to accept to save my life and my baby. Still nursing the cut and pains my mother in law look me in the eyes and insulted me that I was too lazy to push my baby out. She has been telling people and even to my face that I wasted her son's money on CS all because I couldn't push. she
said I didn't labour. I am hurt by her words but I pray God have mercy on her.

Congratulation my dear! Don't mind your mother in law, just forgive and forget her words to be in good terms with her. It must be old age and village mentality that is her problem.
Just take care of yourself and baby.

2 Likes

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Ewuro4: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Who and where?

Only heard of it on NL. Every weird things only happen on NL. Heard they mock IVF babies too. Women, Women , women are their own worst enemies , rarely you will hear such derogatory remark from menfolk. God pass una.

Anyone mocking& shaming ANY medical procedur that prevents senseless death needs a mental reevaluation. Simple.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by oloyede252(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
cococandy:
SMH.
Well thank God you're healthy and your baby is healthy too.

I know of three women who have died in mom's hospital because they refused the option of CS so that people won't laugh at them or say they are not real women who cannot push.
What hurts me most in those cases is that the child normally dies too from distress.
Some strangulate to death because the umbilical cord tied itself around their neck and mom insist on pushing, thereby killing her own baby by herself just to impress the world.
On painful case had the baby choking on the mother's fluids and ingesting his own poop because she had been in labor for 3days yet refused CS while calling on God to help her deliver like the 'Hebrew women' angry. It is not funny.
Of course he was born still.

You're both fit. baby and mother. That's all that matters.
Don't even respond to her taunts or show any signs that it affects you.

haba.is that story african magic or superstory.na everything you dey knw.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
oloyede252:

haba.is that story african magic or superstory.na everything you dey knw.

Sharrap angry
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by oloyede252(m): 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
cococandy:

Sharrap angry
is dat d name of the story? Dey lie small small na.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2015
Juzzybabe:
Humm...this post touch me. I give birth a week ago to my first baby, and CS was never an option I ever dreamt of, but after I had labour for hours,I had to be scanned n it showed my water was insufficient to have a natural birth. The doctors told me CS was my way out. I had to accept to save my life and my baby. Still nursing the cut and pains my mother in law look me in the eyes and insulted me that I was too lazy to push my baby out. She has been telling people and even to my face that I wasted her son's money on CS all because I couldn't push. she said I didn't labour. I am hurt by her words but I pray God have mercy on her.

Sorry about her words but again I don't think you should take her seriously...It all boils down to ignorance
But again its high time you stood up to a woman like that.. Next time she says a thing close to that tell her calmly but sternly that "You don't have to bother about me, the most important thing is that I and my baby came out safely, it could have been worse"
Tell your husband you cant stand her talking like that.. he better does something about it immediately

2 Likes

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by initiate: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Juzzybabe:

two sides to a coin

you did it cos you have no choice so no one can blame you

but there are others who had made the choice even before delivery is near for different reasons, eg I cant stand the pain, or the wait, or the area would widen and hubby will go and carry unilag girls etc

final word from your story: let girls (and even guys) be encouraged to choose a spouse whose parents are late
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Juzzybabe(f): 9:18am On Apr 29, 2015
initiate:

two sides to a coin

but there are others who had made the choice even before delivery is near for different reasons, eg I cant stand the pain, or the wait, or the area would widen and hubby will go and carry unilag girls etc

final word from your story: let girls (and even guys) be encouraged to choose a spouse whose parents are late

Hahahaha omo this your final word ehnnnn.... I laugh piss. its just unfortunate am not lucky to have a good MIL,but I really like inlaws as a whole. they are usually another kind of family we get attached to when we marry. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2015
initiate:

two sides to a coin

And is there anything wrong with the bolded

The end point is birthing a baby, not so?
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by SAMBARRY: 11:40am On Apr 29, 2015
If any woman said that to my face I will pour either blazing hot water or acid directly on her vagyna depending on my mood . such shallowness undecided
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2015
Juzzybabe:

And what did her son, your husband, do about such utterances?
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Creamish(f): 11:59am On Apr 29, 2015
No matter what u do, how saintly u are, ppl will always judge u differently. How much of a fvck u give to their judgement determines ur life's pattern.

Opting for CS is a bold step and u'd def be putting the life of ur child above urs considering the dangers of getting a knife cut.

Please ignore the judgmental fools. wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by corisande: 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Juzzybabe:

what a witch for a Mil

Don't let her words get to you cha cha
You're alive and fine, baby is alive and fine. that's all that matters!
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Sleekyshuga(f): 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Juzzybabe:
What a mother in law!! My middle finger, up in the air for her..

And what did her son do?

On a lighter note, you did the bravest thing, madam. To hell with her and her definition of bravery.. You and your child are alive, and that's what matters..

1 Like

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Juzzybabe(f): 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Phema:

And what did her son, your husband, do about such utterances?
He's not in the country and I didn't tell him.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by thorpido(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
It's not just a nairaland story.There are people(women) in real life(especially the older generation) who make snide remarks about women who give birth via C/S.They often say they are lazy.
It's just ignorance that makes them say that.Do they understand why the C/S has to be done in the first place even though some are elective?
Some babies die(of distress)just because the mother won't have a C/S done or end up with birth injuries.

The most important thing is having a healthy baby and a mother who is alive.
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Ewuro4: 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
^^ Ok

Never heard of it in real life. Have you?
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by Stillfire: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Juzzybabe:

You know, I would have laughed at her and say I agree I'm lazy, I don't give a hoot. cheesy
Don't feel bad at all. It could have been worse if you did vaginal delivery.
I was born with one of those brachial plexus injuries because of vaginal delivery and the silly doctor who was trying to force me out.
You think I will think twice if my doctor suggests C&S? lol.
Your baby is alive and healthy, that is the most important thing. kiss

1 Like

Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by estheremma(f): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
i lost a cousin who was trying to prove to her inlaws dat she would push her baby n be a real woman.after they mocked her that her first baby was a c/s n she was not woman enof.imagine !someone with small pelvis n just had a c/s d year before.Hmmm.she died n her babies were raised in d orphanage n d strangest fact was that d SIL who was d chief advocate was pregnant then too n that pregnancy was her sixth.n she had that one thru c/s after 5 normal deliveries that made her a super woman.i still wonder she did not refuse d cs n be a super woman.rest in peace ND
Re: Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? by TrishaP(f): 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
estheremma:
i lost a cousin who was trying to prove to her inlaws dat she would push her baby n be a real woman.after they mocked her that her first baby was a c/s n she was not woman enof.imagine !someone with small pelvis n just had a c/s d year before.Hmmm.she died n her babies were raised in d orphanage n d strangest fact was that d SIL who was d chief advocate was pregnant then too n that pregnancy was her sixth.n she had that one thru c/s after 5 normal deliveries that made her a super woman.i still wonder she did not refuse d cs n be a super woman.rest in peace ND
Auchh!! People don't know how their spiteful words could hurt. I'm sorry dear.
RIP ND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? / Should I Tell My Best Friend, His Wife Is Cheating On Him? / Dan Savage Tells Ben Carson To Prove Sexuality Is A Choice By Sucking His Dick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.