Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers (25792 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2015
XBLadez:

Don't mind them. I think the price was 149 naira per litre; as at then Ghana was paying more and nobody was complaining

What is Ghana's ranking in oil production and what is Nigeria's ranking?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2015
Burger01:

Ohhkay. But, should there be subsidy on locally produced and refined petroleum products

now that was the right question because from his body language, he is basking in the Euphoria of "Govt is stup!d all the time"

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2015
tete7000:

If the market is appropriately deregulated and enough market operators licensed, you can't have arbitrary price increase because competition forces the price down. It is the situation we have now whereby NNPC controls the market and prices that discourage competition. If I may ask you: As an individual, can you invest in a market that fix price and discourages you from making immediate profit on your investment? Marketers buy products, sell at govt price and wait for months to get the excess they incurred. Within that period their money is held down and they can't turn it around. If you do basic economics, you will know money has time value and holding peoples' money down itself is a discouragement to investment. Many people who would have invested in the downstream of our oil sector would because of that rather invest their money elsewhere where they can immediately get return on their money. One of the real reasons why about eleven private refineries licensed by Obasanjo never took off.
It is not marketers that prevent refineries from working, it is people in government who benefit from importation created by a regulated economy. If the market is deregulated, many of the marketers have a lot to gain by pooling resources together to build refineries than continuously depending on importation. Subsidy effectively creates corruption and even if you choose to run after the cabals, the money that would be spent chasing them itself is going to enormous and can be invested elsewhere. Why don't we just deregulate, open the market to competition and save ourselves all these stress.

^^^^
The key question I have asked several times is this: what are the unit costs per litre of producing and refining petroleum products here in Nigeria? Is there a subsidy on local drilling and refining of petroleum products in Nigeria? That is the question on which everything else turns but the authorities have refused to provide an answer.

If petroleum companies can drill and refine locally, add margins for distribution and profits, etc., and all this comes to less than the pump head price of N87 or whatever then there is NO subsidy. Period.

Your comments about petroleum marketers buying products and having their money tied down (while waiting for subsidy reimbursements) are for those who import refined petroleum products. Once the true cost profile of domestic drilling and refining of petroleum products becomes public knowledge then the scales will fall off our eyes. undecided Even on this thread, some fellow has admitted that there is no subsidy on local drilling and refining. What does that tell you? undecided

You raise an important point about the eleven private refineries that were licensed and yet never started operations. It would be interesting to know if any or all/some of these licensees are currently involved in petroleum products importation. What reasons have they given for failing to start operations? Has the government asked why? Have they failed to start operations because these licensees have their eyes on the extremely profitable PMS importation racket - a racket that will disappear if the government were truly serious about ending it (by building refineries itself)?

We were told some years ago that the market for kerosene and diesel had been completely deregulated. Yet in the intervening period we have had scarcity of both diesel and kerosene - products which had supposedly been fully deregulated. How do you explain that? All over the globe, petroleum products prices have been declining at the pump head because of the fall in crude prices. What do you have to say about the price of diesel and kerosene in Nigeria - why have they not fallen in line with the rest of the world? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by tunex777: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2015
LOWEST MTN DATA AT THE CHEAPEST PRICE.
MTN 2GB - #1000 MTN 4GB - #1800
CALL/WATSAP TUNDE ON 08162637076 FOR THOSE THAT STAYS IN IBADAN ALONE FOR DELIVERY AT YOUR DOOR STEP
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2015
KEVIND:
When President Jonathan asked for the total removal of fuel Subsidy in 2012. He said Nigeria cannot afford to continue with this fraud (SUBSIDY),But Nigerians called him all kinds of names and even took to the street in protest. Jonathan simply knows that by tackling coruption and to fight the cabals in the oil sector you don't need to put everyone behind bars but simply stop the source of all forms of corrruption and which he has started doing but we never believe in Him. I wish the President Elect success in his fight to end subsidy and deregulate the downstream and upstream sector of the economy.

The masses (myself and organisation inclusive) fought for it not because we don't know that it is no longer sustainable but for the express reason that Jonathan lied to Nigerians. Do you expect me to pay for Govt's inefficiency?

Few of those lies are;

**Subsidy is paid on imported products ONLY
whereas subsidy is equally paid on locally refined products.
**The oil importers want the subsidy to stay (cabals) whereas the oil importers are praying daily for subsidy to be removed.
**He lied that Nigerians are not benefitting from the subsidy (in the real sense, Nigerians living in places where Govt has failed were not benefitting eg SE.
**He lied that if subsidy is removed, competition amongst importers will drive the price down. (AGO subsidy removal actually put him to shame on this one)
** He lied that building new refineries will end the import regimen, (we are still asking why those refineries were not built, guess he now knows what we know).
** He lied that individuals will never build refineries if subsidy is not removed. (Dangote and Ibeto have put him to shame on this one).

In the face of these lies, no sane Nigerian will support subsidy removal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by 989900: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
The key question I have asked several times is this: what are the unit costs per litre of producing and refining petroleum products here in Nigeria? Is there a subsidy on local drilling and refining of petroleum products in Nigeria? That is the question on which everything else turns but the authorities have refused to provide an answer.

If petroleum companies can drill and refine locally, add margins for distribution and profits, etc., and all this comes to less than the pump head price of N87 or whatever then there is NO subsidy. Period.

Your comments about petroleum marketers buying products and having their money tied down (while waiting for subsidy reimbursements) are for those who import refined petroleum products. Once the true cost profile of domestic drilling and refining of petroleum products becomes public knowledge then the scales will fall off our eyes. undecided Even on this thread, some fellow has admitted that there is no subsidy on local drilling and refining. What does that tell you? undecided

You raise an important point about the eleven private refineries that were licensed and yet never started operations. It would be interesting to know if any or all/some of these licensees are currently involved in petroleum products importation. What reasons have they given for failing to start operations? Has the government asked why? Have they failed to start operations because these licencees have their eyes on the extremely profitable PMS importation racket - a racket that will disappear if the government were truly serious about ending it (by building refineries itself)?

We were told some years ago that the market for kerosene and diesel had been completely deregulated. Yet in the intervening period we have had scarcity of both diesel and kerosene - products which had supposedly been fully deregulated. How do you explain that? All over the globe, petroleum products prices have been declining at the pump head because of the fall in crude prices. What do you have to say about the price of diesel and kerosene in Nigeria - why have they not fallen in tandem with the rest of the world? undecided

Well said, though any business man in their shoes would likely not build refineries, when they already make probably many folds doing nothing, or well submitting fake docs in 'collabo' with the Nigerian customs, NPA, members of both houses and all relevant government officials, to get the juicy subsidy 'free-money'.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

Why does the government need to prove that to you when the Govts position is in line with common sense!! now tell us, why do you think that Locally refined products should not attract a subsidy?

^^^^
I have not said locally refined products should or should not attract a subsidy. What I have asked for is the cost profile of domestic/local drilling and refining - information which has suspiciously remained inaccessible to Nigerians for far too long. The current price of PMS at the pumphead is N87. If all costs of domestic/local production and refining plus a markup is less than N87, then where is the subsidy?

The information we need to have is the cost of producing and refining a litre of PMS locally. Is it more than, equal to, or less than N87? That's all I'm asking for!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2015
VolvoS60:

We were told some years ago that the market for kerosene and diesel had been completely deregulated. Yet in the intervening period we have had scarcity of both diesel and kerosene - products which had supposedly been fully deregulated. How do you explain that? All over the globe, petroleum products prices have been declining at the pump head because of the fall in crude prices. What do you have to say about the price of diesel and kerosene in Nigeria - why have they not fallen in tandem with the rest of the world? undecided

AGO has been deregulated DPK still attract subsidy.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
I have not said locally refined products should or should not attract a subsidy. What I have asked for is the cost profile of domestic/local drilling and refining - information which has suspiciously remained inaccessible to Nigerians for far too long. The current price of PMS at the pumphead is N87. If all costs of domestic/local production and refining plus a markup is less than N87, then where is the subsidy?

The information we need to have is the cost of producing and refining a litre of PMS locally. Is it more than, equal to, or less than N87? That's all I'm asking for!!!

The information you are asking for is surprising because every Nigerian who care have it, now let me answer it for you.
The oil we send to our refineries, (let us even assume they are working optimally, for the sake of argument) where does it come from??
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by 989900: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

The information you are asking for is surprising because every Nigerian who care have it, now let me answer it for you.
The oil we send to our refineries, (let us even assume they are working optimally, for the sake of argument) where does it come from??

How much does it cost to produce a litre of PMS, and DPK through our local refineries?

I think the drift is straightforward.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 10:54am On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

AGO has been deregulated DPK still attract subsidy.

For now, I will leave the question of why DPK pricing policy has continued to somersault. Since AGO was deregulated some years ago has there ever been a shortage of the product and why? I would also like it if you could provide information of the extent to which AGO pump head prices have declined in Nigeria since the global price of crude fell.

I would also like your comments on the rest of my post about costing of locally produced petroleum products.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The Cabals did not win anything. The Cabals are GEJ and his cohorts. Why do you think we have missing billions of dollars in the NNPC?

Diesel has no subsidy and when the international price of Petroleum products dropped, Diesel price in Nigeria did not drop, Why? Because the Marketers controlled the Market. That'd is the kind of Plan GEJ had and the people succeeded. Not GEJ and his cabals.

NOI said they wanted to increase NEPA tariffs but they did not because of the fear of Protest. That was a victory of the people. Slowly, the people will control the government and not crooks like the one from Otuoke.

Sounds like someone has a clue

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2015
989900:

How much does it cost to produce a litre of PMS, and DPK through our local refineries?

^^^^
I am a bit surprised at his answer. undecided I genuinely do not have any information on the costing of (locally drilled and refined) PMS. His cryptic remarks about 'every Nigerian who cares has it' are baffling, to say the least. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2015
989900:

How can you ask how much it will cost to refine when you have not told us what you will refine and where you want to get it from/ dont you think that the source will determine the cost?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2015
VolvoS60:

For now, I will leave the question of why DPK pricing policy has continued to somersault. Since AGO was deregulated some years ago has there ever been a shortage of the product and why? I would also like it if you could provide information of the extent to which AGO pump head prices have declined in Nigeria since the global price of crude fell.

I would also like your comments on the rest of my post about costing of locally produced petroleum products.

You have managed to ask the right question, AGO price will NEVER fall in Nigeria unless there is a drastic government intervention, this present govt will not intervene because they have already lied that removing subsidy will bring competition that will drive down the price.
The sad news is this; THERE IS NO COMPETITION IN THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR AT THAT LEVEL.

About the Global crude pricing, Nigeria has two major issues, a drop in crude prices and a devalued currency, both attract subsidies, now listen to okonjo iweala herself from the article we just read;

“Let me tell you, on the is­sue with oil marketers, we have been really working with them. We have been dialoguing with them. We paid them N350 bil­lion in December. We paid them N31 billion as foreign exchange differential and by tomorrow (to­day), we will be paying them the N100 billion which we will give them as IOUs as well as their interest rate differential of N56 billion.

if you understood this part of that article, you will realize that most of your questions have been answered. Why will you expect drop in crude price to affect the price of AGO when you just devalued your currency??
The Govt is not always stup!d, we as citizens should try to understand better what is going on in our country before trading blames.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by aviazuva: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2015
THIS IS ONE GOOD THING DURING OGA JONA TENURE--- WE NO SUFFER PROLONGED FUEL SCARCITY ANY HOW. HOW HIM TAKE SETTLE IS ANOTHER MATTER
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by 989900: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

How can you ask how much it will cost to refine when you have not told us what you will refine and where you want to get it from/ dont you think that the source will determine the cost?

Elusive/evasive is my personal inference from your response.

Because 'Volvos60' already mentioned about those missing/fluid parameters that we need to be conclusive. And we thought you had them.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2015
tete7000:

If the market is appropriately deregulated and enough market operators licensed, you can't have arbitrary price increase because competition forces the price down. It is the situation we have now whereby NNPC controls the market and prices that discourage competition. If I may ask you: As an individual, can you invest in a market that fix price and discourages you from making immediate profit on your investment? Marketers buy products, sell at govt price and wait for months to get the excess they incurred. Within that period their money is held down and they can't turn it around. If you do basic economics, you will know money has time value and holding peoples' money down itself is a discouragement to investment. Many people who would have invested in the downstream of our oil sector would because of that rather invest their money elsewhere where they can immediately get return on their money. One of the real reasons why about eleven private refineries licensed by Obasanjo never took off.
It is not marketers that prevent refineries from working, it is people in government who benefit from importation created by a regulated economy. If the market is deregulated, many of the marketers have a lot to gain by pooling resources together to build refineries than continuously depending on importation. Subsidy effectively creates corruption and even if you choose to run after the cabals, the money that would be spent chasing them itself is going to enormous and can be invested elsewhere. Why don't we just deregulate, open the market to competition and save ourselves all these stress.

Your answer lies in Diesel. After taking Subsidy off Diesel, the money from that avenue vanished, we are not seeing the so called competition from marketers. The same crew do the imports. The masses take the burden and no refinery came out from taking away Diesel subsidy.

The same will happen with Petrol if Subsidy is lifted.

Simple, if people rot in jail and lose their assets due to corrupt practices, the system will be sanitized.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2015
Billyonaire:

Built by who ? Who should build the refinery ? Government is unable, world over to manage businesses. Nationalism is a wrong economic model; Capitalism with government holding minor equity in the consortium for regulatory mandate has been the successful model globally. Then, if Capitalism is the way forward, who is a Capitalist ? Majorly private investors or foreign direct investors in JV partnership with local enterpreneurs. Good, that takes us to profiteering. The sole aim of doing business, for a capitalist is profit, and so, if the Government of Nigeria is paying subsidy, only a mad man will put his money where there is government subsidy cos at the end of the day, its like building a restaurant close to the welfare foodstamp place. Who wants to come and buy your food, when there is free good food served on the same location.

Listen, I didnt make money being ignorant, I didnt make money being emotional. I study every model and module and research before I make statements on this issue. Unless and until the Government stops subsidy, not even Dangote will start building refineries. Why should I build refinery in Nigeria under government subsidy when other countries are begging me to build it there and sell at higher price regime ?

This is not about politics, this is business.

^^^^
Interesting but flawed analysis.

Your sermons about nationalism being a flawed model (whatever that means) fall in the face of the evidence. The shining example of Norway's state owned oil giant shreds your argument. What magic did Statoil perform? Didn't the Norwegian government (over 60% equity in Statoil) build Norway's refineries (through a number of arrangements including JVs)? Did they import martians to do it? undecided

We do not even have to use Norway as the sole example. What of Petrobras? Petronas? Aramco? How do they do it? Rather than make sweeping generalizations such as 'governments are unable, world over to manage business', you should say Nigerian governments are unable to manage business. The next assignment will be for Nigerians to ask WHY this is so undecided.

Spare me the crowing about your informed, objective, money making abilities. This isn't the thread for it.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

You have managed to ask the right question, AGO price will NEVER fall in Nigeria unless there is a drastic government intervention, this present govt will not intervene because they have already lied that removing subsidy will bring competition that will drive down the price.
The sad news is this; THERE IS NO COMPETITION IN THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR AT THAT LEVEL.

About the Global crude pricing, Nigeria has two major issues, a drop in crude prices and a devalued currency, both attract subsidies, now listen to okonjo iweala herself from the article we just read;

if you understood this part of that article, you will realize that most of your questions have been answered. Why will you expect drop in crude price to affect the price of AGO when you just devalued your currency??
The Govt is not always stup!d, we as citizens should try to understand better what is going on in our country before trading blames.

^^^^
I am not sure you really understand my position on quite a few of these issues being discussed. Perhaps you should go through my posts again.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by rolchi(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

The masses (myself and organisation inclusive) fought for it not because we don't know that it is no longer sustainable but for the express reason that Jonathan lied to Nigerians. Do you expect me to pay for Govt's inefficiency?

Few of those lies are;

**Subsidy is paid on imported products ONLY
**The oil importers want the subsidy to stay (cabals) whereas the oil importers are praying daily for subsidy to be removed.
**He lied that Nigerians are not benefitting from the subsidy (in the real sense, Nigerians living in places where Govt has failed were not benefitting eg SE.
**He lied that if subsidy is removed, competition amongst importers will drive the price down. (AGO subsidy removal actually put him to shame on this one)
** He lied that building new refineries will end the import regimen, (we are still asking why those refineries were not built, guess he now knows what we know).

In the face of these lies, no sane Nigerian will support subsidy removal.

Boss,what is happening now?

Are you not aware that government saw all the dire financial straits coming and wanted to re-position but Nigerians refused. Now, most state governors cannot pay salaries. Most IOCs saw this coming and have taken survival decisions and positions. Propaganda blinded our eyes and minds and now we are here.

Whether lies or not then....now, our government cannot pay salaries. Subsidy MUST GO if the country must survive. GMB may stabilize oil prices all he wants, this will not help either because again, the traditional buyers of our crude are turning to cheaper source of energy and gas is inclusive. This means that demand is dropping...

You just have to face the reality....

Nigeria is sinking fast and one of the fastest way out of this mess is to STOP SUBSIDY NOW!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
989900:

Elusive/evasive is my personal inference from your response.

Because 'Volvos60' already mentioned about those missing/fluid parameters that we need to be conclusive. And we thought you had them.

If Volvo needs a lecture, he can as well gain an admission, very well then, give him the cost break down (fluid parameters like you put it) without knowing the source!!
what are you? magician?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by 989900: 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

If Volvo needs a lecture, he can as well gain an admission, very well then, tell him the price without knowing the source!!
what are you? magician?

Meh!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your reply has caused me to read up.
Thanks, I'm enlightened.

^^^^
wink
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
I am not sure you really understand my position on quite a few of these issues being discussed. Perhaps you should go through my posts again.

I understand you perfectly i am only telling you indirectly that some of those questions are not relevant going by the way Nigeria operate.
You dont need to know the cost of refining crude to know if it will attract subsidy, all you need to know is the source, your source determines if subsidy will be paid.
From your first post your idea of subsidy is an offset of price parity between govt determined rate and landing cost for only imported products
That was the lies jonathan sold to you guys in 2012, you held on to a lie and you are insisting to be given the refining cost to determine if there should be a parity that will attract subsidy.

Today, two aspects were opened to you

** FOREX parity
** Source of oil.

Obviously you may never have heard it before, holding on tenaciously to an irrelevant question will never lead you to the answer, someone else may oblige you anyways!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=rolchi post=33272168]

Are you not aware that government saw all the dire financial straits coming and wanted to re-position but Nigerians refused. Now, most state governors cannot pay salaries. Most IOCs saw this coming and have taken survival decisions and positions. Propaganda blinded our eyes and minds and now we are here.

Sorry!! Govt did not see any "dire Financial straits" like you put it, they wanted to scam you big time but stake holders like fought against it, what the government wanted to achieve in 2012 was, steal subsidy meant for Nigerians, remove their hands, then use the same people to be collecting the subsidy from you the final consumer.
It is wrong to say "remove" or "put" subsidy, the right question is; who pays??
Did state govs tell you they are owing because of subsidy? let me hold my laughter till I hear that first.

Whether lies or not then....now, our government cannot pay salaries. Subsidy MUST GO if the country must survive. GMB may stabilize oil prices all he wants, this will not help either because again, the traditional buyers of our crude are turning to cheaper source of energy and gas is inclusive. This means that demand is dropping...

ya, my advise to you is this; go and learn how it works in reality before allowing your emotions to get hold of you, any State gov who told you he is not paying salary because of subsidy is lying to you again.

Nigeria is sinking fast and one of the fastest way out of this mess is to STOP SUBSIDY NOW!

He that is down fears no fall!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
VolvoS60:
We do not even have to use Norway as the sole example. What of Petrobras? Petronas? Aramco? How do they do it? Rather than make sweeping generalizations such as 'governments are unable, world over to manage business', you should say Nigerian governments are unable to manage business. The next assignment will be for Nigerians to ask WHY this is so undecided.

The answer lies in Privatization. It is the same scam every where. The corrupt politicians find a way to rig the system for them to steal. Look at Tuned Ayeni being the benefactor of PHCN privatization scheme. A man who donated billions to the campaign of GEJ.

Men like this are the reason why PHCN could not flourish. The government sabotage the industry to make it lose value and drown. Then the officials of the government sell it to their front men and they share the dividends.

There is no so called cabals fighting the development of refineries in Nigeria. It is the government officials. They use the so called no way to develop refineries to keep their front men importing petrol and they make the money.

The whole cry of removing subsidy is to create money for the government officials to loot, while they use their front men to milk the masses.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
rolchi:

Stop buying into GEJ and NOI's lies and propaganda. They make it look as if the Subsidy is the reason why the country is losing Billions. The truth is that we are losing money because of their monumental looting.

They stopped NNPC officials from paying money into the Federation Account. This hindered CBN under Emir Sanusi to monitor their wastage.

Billions of dollars are missing because of GEJ's wastage, not Subsidy. If they did not loot this money for their wastage lifestyle and election, there would be money for governors to work and pay salaries.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by tk4rd: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

You are indirectly saying, You know nothing about the workings in the downstream sector, shouldn't you be in school or something rather than coming here to increase your nuisance value, no offence!!

Do you know it is unethical to comment on an issue you know nothing about?
Are we the only people that have Oil.??
Do America and Saudi-Arabia have subsidy in their systems too.??
You are among the Nigerians that accepted the scam we call "system" in Nigeria and sheepishly regard it as what should be.. No offence., but tell me why the so-called subsidy is not operating in other sectors of the economy, especially solid minerals
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by tete7000(m): 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Your answer lies in Diesel. After taking Subsidy off Diesel, the money from that avenue vanished, we are not seeing the so called competition from marketers. The same crew do the imports. The masses take the burden and no refinery came out from taking away Diesel subsidy.

The same will happen with Petrol if Subsidy is lifted.

Simple, if people rot in jail and lose their assets due to corrupt practices, the system will be sanitized.

Diesel is not the only derivative of crude oil and as such deregulating diesel alone won't bring needed investment into the refining industry. How can people refine and derive multiple products, sold one of those products in a competitive market while others are regulated? If we want investments in our refineries, we need to have a total deregulation.
To say diesel didn't benefit at all from deregulation is far from truth. Diesel doesn't suffer regular scarcity as petrol and kerosene do. Although I wouldn't know if price of diesel responds to international price fluctuation as I am not a user of diesel but I expects it should. However for now it is going to be difficult for us to have diesel price drop yet as we still heavily depend on product importation and also because its importation is still somehow linked with importation of other products.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by jpphilips(m): 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
tk4rd:
America and Saudi-Arabia has downstream sector in their systems too.??
You are among the Nigerians that accepted the scam we call "system" in Nigeria and sheepishly regard it as what should be.. No offence., but tell me why the so-called downstream sector is not operating in other sectors of the economy, especially solid minerals

Do you even know why it is called "Downstream" sector? Enjoy your ignorance bro, guess what it? TGIF on Thursday
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers by tk4rd: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
jpphilips:

Do you even know why it is called "Downstream" sector? Enjoy your ignorance bro, guess what it? TGIF on Thursday
Now u don yab finish.,, just know that Subsidy will be removed soon.. Enjoy ur weekend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Report Of Imo State Ward Congress Appeal Committee (Photos) / Nigerian Mentality: "Husband, Wife And Donkey" Comic / Fuel Hike: Public Complaints Company Adjusts Work Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.