Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,492 members, 7,823,155 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food (28787 Views)

My Wife Has Given Me Days To Come For Sex Every Week / This Man Almost Blind His Wife Just Because She Greet Her Pastor. (photo) / See How This Kid Greet Her Daddy On Father's Day(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by cococandy(f): 6:09pm On May 02, 2015
Dera25:

I can say that it was jokingly, it was only that reminding part of it is what I don't like. Like I said before we have learnt a lot in this thread
angry
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 02, 2015
cococandy:
angry

That was clearly an afterthought because wifey is reading
His first post is the true picture

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by cococandy(f): 6:16pm On May 02, 2015
babyosisi:

That was clearly an afterthought because wifey is reading
His first post is the true picture
Could be or he was exaggerating in his first post.

Well I'm Glad it is resolved for them now. He said they've learned a lot.
Sure thing now he will always remember to say thank you and wifey won't demand it or be rude if he doesn't cheesy
Case settled.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Ewuro4: 6:16pm On May 02, 2015
Just this morning.. Similar situation happened in my house

All my work outfit were scattered over the walk in closet(I'm very unorganized compared to my hubby) floor. But he picks and hangs them up Everytime but I don't always say thank you to be honest.

This morning He said, "babe I pick up all your clothes everyday and you should appreciate I'm not like other men" (jokingly). Ofcourse he wants to be acknowledged & feels I'm not doing it.

I rubbed his head and gave him a kiss and said thanks babe.

Case closed.

#Pls don't quote me.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Ewuro4: 6:18pm On May 02, 2015
Maybe I should bring that on NL too grin
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 02, 2015
Juzzybabe:
I was thought two words in life can build and destroy a nation;they are THANK YOU and SORRY. Just how you explained to us that its not your culture,and so u don't often remembers,explain to her that way and ask her to please remind you each time you forgets or make it a little romantic,a 5mins kiss from you to her every time she reminds you cheesy
Women are not as difficult as some men thinks only you men most times would rather hold thight your pride and loose your wives.

5min kiss? Abeg what are they kissing. The lips go don peel finish

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by kaboninc(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2015
urchbarbie:
House boy? How do u mean? Is he d lord and master? We learn everyday. Even children teach thier parents stuffs

Yes
He IS the LORD and MASTER

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Juzzybabe(f): 9:56pm On May 02, 2015
Chillisauce:

Too much I didn't say 30mins ooo
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by logica(m): 12:25pm On May 03, 2015
I can already guess where the OP is from. Where I come from, we even thank waiters and waitresses for serving us drinks. smiley
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by anonimi: 12:26pm On May 03, 2015
Wedon:
Please what's the big deal

When someone serves you a meal, you should say 'thank you' . . . Be it your wife at home, waiter in a restaurant or even your cook. It's common courtesy for God's sakes.

And yes, my husband thanks me. Not necessarily out of 'respect' but out of courtesy.

Are YOU no longer male (m) shocked grin
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by freecocoa(f): 12:27pm On May 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

cheesy cheesy cheesy.

This woman sha.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Cutehector(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2015
Three phrases dat are very hard to say.
Thank you
I ma sorry
I love you
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by adesegun121(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2015
Congrat bros u don later marry the babe?? Hope she don start her antenatal.. Tell the doctor not to insert his hand into her vjay...

I think is not compulsory.. Jus appreciate every little tinzz...

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by canalily(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Thanks in advance.
your wife is 100% right but with respect attachedangry my pupsy always does that and mumsy always put a perfect smile over itcheesy so whether the food is sweet or not you wont knowgrin grin
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by stagger: 12:31pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Thanks in advance.

Not greeting, but compliments. I complement my wife's cooking, she thanks me because I provide for it.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by OKNkanu(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2015
Efulefu
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by freecocoa(f): 12:32pm On May 03, 2015
lolaredvelvet:
Im surprised at some of these comments. So its now a "favour" for a woman to cook for her husband? I guess its also a "favour" that he paid her bride price, put her in HIS home rent-free, gives her money for food stuffs and other things, makes love to her, contributes to taking care of their kids (if they have any). Well, Mrs Entitled needs to also start thanking him for every big and little thing he does for her too!

She insists on the greeting. Lol. If you dont "greet" her nko? What will she do about it...pack out and go back to her parents house where she'll be greeted well for carrying out the chores? grin

Feminism, ego and unnecessary entitlement is slowly killing family life lipsrsealed
Leave feminism out of it as it has nothing to do with the man's issues, jeez!

Put her in his house indeed, what a load of crap.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Missmossy(f): 12:32pm On May 03, 2015
Lol i feel she shouldn't remind you at intervals to do that. It should come naturally.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ahmedolawale: 12:33pm On May 03, 2015
If it is compulsory that am to thank her for the good meal every time that means she must also thank me for working so hard in order to provide money for the meals and her need also.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by DarhBlack(m): 12:35pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=adanduka post=33281592]Does she pay the bills?[/] grin[quote author=adanduka post=33281592]Does she pay the bills?[/]
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Maximus85(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:

Thanks in advance.

God's word the Bible says You should honor your wife, treat her like a weaker vessel. With all she goes through to make the food, you should show appreciation. Women wants us to commend and appreciate them. Even if I provide the food stuffs, if she's not there, I will come back to meet my food stuffs uncooked.

Thank You is the most peace building words ever. If you say plenty of thank you, you won't have to say any sorry

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by sweetchi1011: 12:37pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=Dera25 post=33281461]My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

Thanks in advance.

Since u say she is ur wife, then try and make it a part of u. It might not seem much to some people, but to her, it means alot.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 03, 2015
greet her? do you mean thank her? as in say thank you after she has served you?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by emmykk(m): 12:38pm On May 03, 2015
My daddy never thank my mum for cooking...my daddy like to wash his clothes himself even at 73.he always tot they are cleaner when he does.

So these thanking thing is bullshit.does wife thank the husband when money for food is provided?

I can only say wow this ur meal taste good.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by obontami: 12:43pm On May 03, 2015
I will fccck her good instead
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 03, 2015
still single!
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by runz(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2015
Yes,i am not married but i always thank my gf after every meal although i provided the money.The act of cooking is one thing i am not good at so i appreciate her effort for being a good cook by saying thank u.I don't think that's too much for a good meal and the effort.
Dera25:

Thanks in advance.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 03, 2015
Of course it is not.
But it is also not mandatory for your wife to cook for you.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by melele17: 12:45pm On May 03, 2015
There is noting wrong greeting ur wife after meal buh for her to be the one to remember it for u.that is bad of her, my pice advice learn how to give her peck after ur mealwith sweet word like nice meal
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by juman(m): 12:46pm On May 03, 2015
emmykk:
My daddy never thank my mum for cooking...my daddy like to wash his clothes himself even at 73.he always tot they are cleaner when he does.

So these thanking thing is bullshit.does wife thank the husband when money for food is provided?

I can only say wow this ur meal taste good.

I agree with you the thank you request by the wife is bullshit.

The wife should also thank the husband for eating her food. The husband can get food from other sources.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by vokalguy(m): 12:46pm On May 03, 2015
Yes, 'Thank You' goes a long way to show your appreciation. We have that african mentality that its the duty of the woman to cook so why thank her? But cooking is not easy one bit and best way to show appreciation is to thank her and if possible take care of her in the bedroom too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms / Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? / Mad Woman Gives Birth To Twins In Public In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.