Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu (30973 Views)

APC Reveals Why Crisis Rocks PDP / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Fani-kayode Sponsors Protest Against Gen. Buhari In UK – APC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by promise3048(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2015
if they enter office and start talking about all those tins wot will happen, must they start nw #babaonechance
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by LFJ: 5:04pm On May 01, 2015
Realist2:

i think is line" g" wich says they should reports back to the president elect.

The term of references are absolutely for GMB transission committee. Why should line g now be an headache to Jonathan's team?
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2015
wachakuta:
Pls fellow o Nigerians don't let sentiments blind u, is dis how a parallel govt is formed??

The truth is we r so use to a useless govt we dont even know what a serious govt looks like

My dear, Jona sef.
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 01, 2015
This is where I find Nigerians impossible - Two WEEKS.. I thought all these format was done away with GEJ's loss - how is that even possible.. with that timescale to decide the state of affairs in Nigeria - unheard of. What APC continues to demonstrate is its dishonest approach to Governance (It is not for the lack of Intellect) This is what you do when you are trying to introduce false numbers and positions and assumptions.. there is incontrovertible evidence and case studies worldwide.

The style of putting 20% effort given 150% funding seems to be a tradition that will eventually root itself within the Governance Framework of Nigerian Institutions . if this continues.. a sophisticated form of corruption will emerge where it is accepted and defended by the very people it negatively impacts. e.g Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Reptyle(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2015
soonest:

I laugh

Yeah....I hear it is good for your health.
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by gwadibmg: 7:13pm On May 01, 2015
for what nao.even if its the APC that is handing over it will not give out this information, because its not suppose to be given to an incoming government.
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 01, 2015
omenka:
Now can any sensible Jonathanian take a look at this and tell us what in seven hells is wrong with the demands of the incoming government?? These are the terms of reference PDP is kicking against, and except I'm too blind to recognise Buhari's face, I'm yet to see anything in this document that constitutes a provocative demand.

Haba Jonathan, wise up for once naw.

You are not given the key to the house before you move into the house.
That is not how it works.
You only become president when the incumbent in no longer president and then you can even set wasc and ssce exams and expect those concerned to give you answers. As it is they cannot neglect the duties assigned them by the current government to give valuable crucial attention to your bogus demands. Wait your turn and try not to constitute a distraction.

1 Like

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by lordsbiz(m): 7:48pm On May 01, 2015
The truth be told, APC cohorts are just too In a hurry to get the mandate, why can't the just wait till may 29th? And save us this crap or whatsoever its called. Anything they request can wait! Except they have hidden agenda or planned blame game to utilise in the future for their failure
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2015
Commonsense leadership vs clueless leadership.
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Etruth: 8:24pm On May 01, 2015
usbcable:

Bros
What happened to all the colors.
Hehehe, TAN allowee do finish fa. E dey preserve him data na. Anon*nimi the chameleon
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Alphaoscar: 8:29pm On May 01, 2015
Kaiser5000:
The level of ignorance on this thread is alarming! I do not normally comment on this website but on this topic I feel I must help the people with comprehension issues.
First of all most people here need to go look up the meaning of “Transition”, this suggestion is for those of you asking them to chill till May 29th or accusing them of being eager or undermining the current administration. The business of government does not stop even when there is a change in power hence the need for a “transition”, this is also why you don’t hand over power the day you win/lose an election. You need time to prepare.
In the U.S the day after the election the president elects starts getting daily security briefings from all the intelligence agencies.

The terms of reference is for the APC transition committee ie. This is what they have been charged to do by the president elect and report back to him. The line that seems to be confusing most people is the lines that asks them to suggest quick fixes to produce results in 30,60,90 days.
Again that is meant for his team (President Elect) and not the FG. If the FG feels the need to offer suggestions they could do so as well because at the end the aim is to keep the country moving.

What do you expect them to do with the hand over notes they receive? Just store them in a corner like we do with everything else in this country? They are supposed to look it through see if there are any short term risks or issues that should not fall between the cracks during the transition period.

An example would be for instance if the Nigerian government is in the middle of an arms deal or trade negotiations during this period, this would be what the FG would advice/ update the transition committee on the current status of the negotiations so that they are aware of the next steps. So if there are any payments to be made or contracts that require ratification within this period in order not to miss deadlines this would be the place to mention them and “advice” them on next steps and the transition committee in turn will “advice” the incoming government as well hence a smooth” transition”.

I hope this helps to better understand.

Cc: billyonaire, lordsbiz, marcoNG, and other PDP illiterates disgracing themselves on this thread.

1 Like

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 01, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Cc: billyonaire, lordsbiz, and other PDP illiterates disgracing themselves on this thread.
Stop making me popular, I do not want a celebrity status. I am a humble workaholic interested in a better Nigeria for my kids and grandkids.
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by lordsbiz(m): 9:13pm On May 01, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Cc: billyonaire, lordsbiz, marcoNG, and other PDP illiterates disgracing themselves on this thread.
PDP illiterates? Coming From Alphaoscar APC literate? Hahahaha don't make me ask for your o-level result. Hahahahaha. Lwkm
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by ehissi(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2015
I want to first of all say that I am a fan of Goodluck Jonathan (not the PDP) even though I know his administration is not without flaws; I want to also say that I am a Nigerian by birth, as well as a realist by Practice so as much as tensions may rise or sentiments may be tenderly stroke by my comments (Especially by "Some" fans of GMB I've come across who don't have any practical/sound reason for voting him aside from the fact that they hate Goodluck'/PDP's rule and are probably revelling in D pride of voting out a government - without considering that Goodluck chose personally not to go the way of OBJ and "Win" in a do or die fashion -Something I believe Buhari won't do- ) I will still proceed with it...........

I don't see anything that suggests parallel governance directly, (except there are some things that President Goodluck Govt doesn't want to go into over the Media with Buhari's TC to avoid overheating the polity or to avoid looking like sore a loser; or like some Nairalanders R already suggesting that GEJ doesn't want to handover).

In my own Opinion the Job of a Transition Committee, TC, is to ensure smooth change of Government. TC is not the government, and is not in a position to make demands on Mr President outside the mandate of smooth transition (and even this is by discretion and not law)..................

Please without sentiments, look at 2 of the Transition's Committee's terms of reference closely

"e. Suggest “quick fixes” which will result in tangible, visible and practical measures so that CHANGE will be seen after 30 days, after 100 days, after 6 months of the Administration taking office............

g. Report back to the President-elect in two weeks."

What has this question got to do with transition? Is it the Goodluck administration that will "suggest" the Changes U promised during election campaign? GMB is not yet president till he is sworn-in and is not in a position to make demands nor demand reports; abi is GEJ now his Minister?.......................

Lets assume this was a friendly/harmless and innocent/honest question/mistake made by members of the Buhari TC who may have no experience in Executive governance - just like Buhari's Aide's tried to place a press ban on AIT in error based on security/ethical concerns- !!!

Let's look at something else that makes me feel tempted to think that Buhari - given his Military background and tenure as former head of state- wasn't aware of his transition's committee's demands......................A look at the terms of reference shows two terms label C (Probably an error in copying and paste); let's look at what the second C says......And please without sentiments........

"c. Under-take a preliminary assessment of the security challenges facing the country and the

(1). Counter-insurgency measures taken by the government thus far.

(2). Counter policy measures being implemented in the Niger Delta to deal with unrest and major economic crimes in the area. In particular, the status of the Amnesty Programme.

(3). Readiness of the Police and other national security and intelligence agencies in addressing threats to law and order"

Please, what has this got to do with Transition!!?? Where is the Buhari's Transition Committee within the framework of the 1999 constitution that will warrant the Govt/Presidency on ground, to be discussing security matters at the Highest level to non-entities (with due respect to the constitution, the same one that determined the rule by which U contested elections and were declared winner).....................

The Job of the outgoing Administration in ensuring Smooth transition (which is not defined anywhere in Law really but its just basic practice guided by common sense) is to ensure that handover notes are prepared before swearing-in.

It is the Job of the In-coming administration to make assessments concerning readiness or otherwise based on the review of the handover notes of each Minister/Cabinet member/outgoing administration (and even this is done right after they R sworn-in).

The New president's first Job after addressing the Nation is to demand for handover notes on his table within 2weeks (if he is lenient 3months and then thereafter dissolve cabinet and re-appoint ministers with support from the senate to fill up his cabinet); This is done after he is sworn-in, he doesn't have right to ask for anything because he is not president till he sworn-in (This is the Standard practice everywhere in the world in established democracies).............

So U can see why the demand of Buhari's TC suggests parallel governance indirectly, as the demand made by GMB's TC is typical of a president right after swearing in and assumption of office; in any case, is it 2 weeks that you use to prepare handover notes and assessment for an entire cabinet? This is why some folks prefer to look at some APC party members as just trying to forment/promote Post-election blues and politics of bitterness

I observed the last time Obama was asked what the US government was planning to do concerning certain security threats in the Middle east in a sensitive way, he started his answer thus "As President, I am not accustomed to discussing security matters in a room filled with a bunch of people....."

I have no problems with The "Terms of Reference" from Letter A to the first C as that is typical of a transition committee; My problem is with the Second C down to the end. If I receive this as a minister in a cabinet from a "President-elect", I will go to my President, confirm if he is aware and respectfully decline.................................................Please carefully look once more at items in the terms of reference labelled second C down to the end and understand my logic and U will see that D TC is just either naïve or just trying to provoke the Cabinet on ground in continuation of the election hostilities; what has these points got to do with a transition for the love of truth and sincerity?.............

"c. Under-take a preliminary assessment of the security challenges facing the country and the

(2). Counter policy measures being implemented in the Niger Delta to deal with unrest and major economic crimes in the area. In particular, the status of the Amnesty Programme.

(3). Readiness of the Police and other national security and intelligence agencies in addressing threats to law and order

d. Provide a brief over-view of CBN, NNPC, NCC, Customs and FIRS.

e. Suggest “quick fixes” which will result in tangible, visible and practical measures so that CHANGE will be seen after 30 days, after 100 days, after 6 months of the Administration taking office.

f. Make any other observations which in view of the Committee would be helpful to the transition and take-off of the new Administration.

I rest my case...........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by Pheals(f): 10:03pm On May 01, 2015
tunde1200:
grin grin grin grin

y laughing bro
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by gevis: 12:43am On May 02, 2015
Nigerians forget too quickly I thought APC Campaigned against current government with this same issues they said they have d solutions. Mind u, they're always on social media to run their propaganda. APC already derailing
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by gevis: 12:54am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=ehissi post=33325157]I want to first of all say that I am a fan of Goodluck Jonathan (not the PDP) even though I know his administration is not without flaws; I want to also say that I am a Nigerian by birth, as well as a realist by Practice so as much as tensions may rise or sentiments may be tenderly stroke by my comments (Especially by "Some" fans of GMB I've come across who don't have any practical/sound reason for voting him aside from the fact that they hate Goodluck'/PDP's rule and are probably revelling in D pride of voting out a government - without considering that Goodluck chose personally not to go the way of OBJ and "Win" in a do or die fashion -Something I believe Buhari won't do- ) I will still proceed with it...........

I don't see anything that suggests parallel governance directly, (except there are some things that President Goodluck Govt doesn't want to go into over the Media with Buhari's TC to avoid overheating the polity or to avoid looking like sore a loser; or like some Nairalanders R already suggesting that GEJ doesn't want to handover).

In my own Opinion the Job of a Transition Committee, TC, is to ensure smooth change of Government. TC is not the government, and is not in a position to make demands on Mr President outside the mandate of smooth transition (and even this is by discretion and not law)..................

Please without sentiments, look at 2 of the Transition's Committee's terms of reference closely

"e. Suggest “quick fixes” which will result in tangible, visible and practical measures so that CHANGE will be seen after 30 days, after 100 days, after 6 months of the Administration taking office............

What has this question got to do with transition? Is it the Goodluck administration that will "suggest" the Changes U promised during election campaign? GMB is not yet president till he is sworn-in and is not in a position to make demands nor demand reports; abi is GEJ now his Minister?.......................

Lets assume this was a friendly/harmless and innocent/honest question/mistake made by members of the Buhari TC who may have no experience in Executive governance - just like Buhari's Aide's tried to place a press ban on AIT in error based on security/ethical concerns- !!!

Let's look at something else that makes me feel tempted to think that Buhari - given his Military background and tenure as former head of state- wasn't aware of his transition's committee's demands......................A look at the terms of reference shows two terms label C (Probably an error in copying and paste); let's look at what the second C says......And please without sentiments........

(3). Readiness of the Police and other national security and intelligence agencies in addressing threats to law and order"

Please, what has this got to do with Transition!!?? Where is the Buhari's Transition Committee within the framework of the 1999 constitution that will warrant the Govt/Presidency on ground, to be discussing security matters at the Highest level to non-entities (with due respect to the constitution, the same one that determined the rule by which U contested elections and were declared winner).....................

The Job of the outgoing Administration in ensuring Smooth transition (which is not defined anywhere in Law really but its just basic practice guided by common sense) is to ensure that handover notes are prepared before swearing-in.

It is the Job of the In-coming administration to make assessments concerning readiness or otherwise based on the review of the handover notes of each Minister/Cabinet member/outgoing administration (and even this is done right after they R sworn-in).

The New president's first Job after addressing the Nation is to demand for handover notes on his table within 2weeks (if he is lenient 3months and then thereafter dissolve cabinet and re-appoint ministers with support from the senate to fill up his cabinet); This is done after he is sworn-in, he doesn't have right to ask for anything because he is not president till he sworn-in (This is the Standard practice everywhere in the world in established democracies).............

So U can see why the demand of Buhari's TC suggests parallel governance indirectly, as the demand made by GMB's TC is typical of a president right after swearing in and assumption of office; in any case, is it 2 weeks that you use to prepare handover notes and assessment for an entire cabinet? This is why some folks prefer to look at some APC party members as just trying to forment/promote Post-election blues and politics of bitterness

I observed the last time Obama was asked what the US government was planning to do concerning certain security threats in the Middle east in a sensitive way, he started his answer thus "As President, I am not accustomed to discussing security matters in a room filled with a bunch of people....."

I have no problems with The "Terms of Reference" from Letter A to the first C as that is typical of a transition committee; My problem is with the Second C down to the end. If I receive this as a minister in a cabinet from a "President-elect", I will go to my President, confirm if he is aware and respectfully decline.................................................Please carefully look once more at items in the terms of reference labelled second C down to the end and understand my logic and U will see that D TC is just either naïve or just trying to provoke the Cabinet on ground in continuation of the election hostilities; what has these points got to do with a transition for the love of truth and sincerity?.............

(3). Readiness of the Police and other national security and intelligence agencies in addressing threats to law and order

d. Provide a brief over-view of CBN, NNPC, NCC, Customs and FIRS.

e. Suggest “quick fixes” which will result in tangible, visible and practical measures so that CHANGE will be seen after 30 days, after 100 days, after 6 months of the Administration taking office.

f. Make any other observations which in view of the Committee would be helpful to the transition and take-off of the new Administration.

I rest my case...........[/quin ote] thanks for the clear analysis
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by SUBWAY101(m): 3:57am On May 02, 2015
Virtual billionaire is very dull. He is only good at boasting and insulting forumites, the dummy is just a shameless being that is so full of himself. Smh

1 Like

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by TheFreeOne: 12:42am On May 03, 2015
hahn:
I believe they are referring to the 400,000 barrels of crude oil that goes missing DAILY. Isn't that a MAJOR crime?

You belief Huh...

Well..I don talk my own
Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by babadem2much(m): 1:44am On May 03, 2015
Truth be told they are scared of the skeleton in their cupboards as they are use to PDP to PDP no checking, omo come take over nothing de happen, but since a different party has emerged fear catch dem as na proper checking n hand over must be done.
No business as usual again
if i should ask what is parallel about the govt?

#nowaytododge

now #stealingisdefineascorruption

1 Like

Re: APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu by ehissi(m): 12:37pm On May 09, 2015
It is articles like this that make me wonder if APC as a party has 2 mouths or chooses selective amnesia when dealing with issues that affect governance .....Please read thoroughly and provide objectice criticism as a Nigerian (Whether you are APC, OPC, PDP or MP3 Fan -Mega Peoples Political Party an actual political party in lagos).

This is the attitude of someone who is a member of the Buharis TC that is shouting blue murder in Abuja!! During the elections, it was reported in the punch news that for 30minutes, thugs from his own constituency engaged in a shootout with a convoy of corps Members guarded by Military Police and army soldiers as they tried to grab election Materials (Imagine if GEJ had listened to the APC - that went to the court to obtain an injunction/Order to restrain the military from providing security during the polls- what would have been the fate of our precious NYSC members)

Like I said, read as Nigerians and comment/criticise Objectively in light of the topic of this thread

http://www.punchng.com/news/were-ready-to-hand-over-on-may-29-amaechi/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC To Seize Patience Jonathan’s Property Nationwide / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom / Wike Visits Sites Of Ongoing Projects In Guzape, Jahi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.