Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion (47816 Views)

Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / EDO GUBER POLL: Surveillance Aircraft, Sniffer Dogs Deployed To Enhance Securit / China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by richidinho(m): 6:42pm On May 01, 2015
Good luck will be missed
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by betterpikinn: 6:42pm On May 01, 2015
Jònadaft
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 01, 2015
Is it our own, or we go borrow am?
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Ebonymiss: 6:44pm On May 01, 2015
Seen
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by charliebiz(m): 6:45pm On May 01, 2015
kill them all. give them hell
#neveragain
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by oweman: 6:45pm On May 01, 2015
tit:
after some apcshits will be asking of what the defense budget was spent on.
una done see this kain one for naija before?

i need to send a drone to all nairaland apc people!
if i can gather them in one place to make it easy for me.

Well I saw this plane in an airport in central Nigeria state airport ( city not disclosed ) and the questions on everyone lips was, so now that thousands of lives has been lost and enough money has been stolen to share for 2015 electiins campaigns this plane is finally here

Bottom line all this is too late jonathan has kiss DUST
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by realjoker(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

PDP all this aircraft has been there b4 ther were not just aqcuired with the magic defence budgets.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Vikkie14: 6:50pm On May 01, 2015
MizMyColi:
Too big.
This one is aeroplane na
I like the mix of orange and white btw.
I'd expected to see a tiny, miniature machine.
Like it is in spook movies.

hahahaha. You are funny ma'am. That ATR you are looking at is the MOST ADVANCE "ISR" plane in Sub-saharan Africa. If you meant to see something smaller than this, then you want an ISR Drone/UAV. NA has many surveilance Unmanned Aerial Vehicles(UAV) and Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles(UCAV) in their arsenal. Drone can not loiter for long like this plane--you know, FUEL. Bigger fuel capacity, the bigger the surveillance time.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by activefibre1(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2015
if we done dey use oil money do better thing since, we for done become world greatest...but e neva late sha....now na human resources we get.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by betterpikinn: 6:52pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

Mumu shemąle
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by olalat(m): 6:55pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

Ode, does it take five years defence budget to acquire this hardware. You people expect everybody to think the same way u do. Dindinrin.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by anonimi: 6:56pm On May 01, 2015
RickRichards:

I've seen much better reconnaissance aircraft. GEJ surely has a case to answer.

Much better from other presidents BEFORE Jonathan, right

Please share the pinshures or STFU grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Vikkie14: 6:57pm On May 01, 2015
oweman:

Well I saw this plane in an airport in central Nigeria state airport ( city not disclosed ) and the questions on everyone lips was, so now that thousands of lives has been lost and enough money has been stolen to share for 2015 electiins campaigns this plane is finally here

Bottom line all this is too late jonathan has kiss DUST
Funny dude. Do you think that's a new 'buy'? NAF has that in their arsenal before now. It only went for upgrading to EXTEND it's capabilities and tentacles more. Apart from this, there other ISR--Manned and Unmanned in NAF service. It's not a new 'caught'
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by anonimi: 6:59pm On May 01, 2015
Samirana360:
Kill them all
I wish gej did all dis last 3year
He would hav won dis election

allanphash7:
Jonathan doing d right thing at the wrong time

Anyway

God bless the Nigeria Army

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by olalat(m): 7:00pm On May 01, 2015
Kudos to the gallant soldiers that sacrifice their for the Nigeria course. Woe to d pot bellies that undermined the struggle by corruption. Great Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Samirana360(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by overhypedsteve(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2015
RickRichards:

you ve seen much better reconaissance aircraft. you want to tell us that you know that word abi? that ATR aircraft is one of the best thing in the african continent. it is Both ISR, ELINT and ISTAR compiliant and you say you ve seen better one? how many third world nations of our level have you seen using that better one that you ve seen?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by abtywo(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2015
RickRichards:

I have seen you are one of the supporters of BH group. In fact DSS will begin to monitor you from this day.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by aresa: 7:12pm On May 01, 2015
baybeeboi:
APC will say that Jet was bought 1986
long live GEJ
long live NA
#GodBlessNigeria

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has taken delivery of the first of two ATR-42MP maritime patrol aircraft from Alenia Aeronautica, as part of a contract signed with the firm in March 2007.
The NAF will use the ATR-42MP aircraft in its traditional maritime patrol missions such as reconnaissance, patrolling the exclusive economic zone, and search and rescue (SAR) activities.
The ATR-42MP aircraft went through necessary structural and system modifications at the Alenia Aeronautica site in Brindisi before its delivery from the Toulouse site in a 'green' configuration.
Installation and integration of the systems and sensors, as part of the maritime patrol configuration, and test flights were carried out in the final step at the Alenia facilities in Caselle, Turin.
The Selex Galileo-developed ATOS (airborne tactical observation and surveillance) mission system fitted atop the aircraft includes workstations for the mission operators, computers and displays for managing the mission, and main sensors such as search radar and electro-optical equipment.
As part of the contract agreement Alenia will also provide pilot and operator training on the basic aircraft at the ATR training centre in Toulouse, and MP configuration of the aircraft and the mission system at the Alenia Aeronautica training centre at the Caselle South site in Turin.
The delivery of the second aircraft, which is currently being converted, will take place in 2010.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/news/news72188.html

Was the Aso Rock dullard the president of Nigeria in 2007?

You lying and unintelligent TaNoids really need to shut up sometimes....

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Bollinger(m): 7:19pm On May 01, 2015
reportnaija:
Below is the Alenia ATR 42-500 MPA Surveyor plane, reportedly used to take aerial shots during the invasion of Sambisa Forest by Nigerian troops earlier this week. The plane was used to detect Boko Haram camps as well as detect their communication lines. See another photo after the cut...

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/05/photos-of-surveillance-aircraft-used.html

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/photos-of-surveillance-aircraft-used.html

Those are two different pictures and not one and the same. The top half is just a random aircraft used for God knows what and the bottom picture is that of drone pilots. See the joystick on the right side of the soldier in the bottom half picture? Those are used to pilot drones.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Redoil: 7:19pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

to pour sh.it on their head
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by aresa: 7:20pm On May 01, 2015
Picture: Nigeria’s second ATR 42MP delivered
By Gary Parsons on 29 March 2010, 16:25

Alenia Aeronautica image

Alenia Aeronautica has delivered a second ATR 42MP (Maritime Patrol) Surveyor to Nigeria.

March 29: Alenia Aeronautica has delivered the second ATR 42MP (Maritime Patrol) Surveyor aircraft to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) in a ceremony held at the company’s Training Centre at Turin-Caselle in Italy.

The aircraft is being used by the Nigerian Air Force for typical patrolling missions, such as reconnaissance, Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) control and search and rescue (SAR).

http://www.airinternational.com/view_article.asp?ID=1796

Contract for the plane was signed back in 2007 and the last one was delivered in 2009.

So, what's Jonascam got to do with the plane other than refusing to use it and save lives?

The question now is where was this plane since 6 years ago.?
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by baybeeboi: 7:24pm On May 01, 2015
aresa:

Was the Aso Rock dullard the president of Nigeria in 2007?

You lying and unintelligent TaNoids really need to shut up sometimes....

so if such crafts were there why were APC shouting about that there were unsophisticated weapons for the battle?
You Buharists need to stop being devilish.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by rhames(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2015
Unleash hell on this murderers
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by toyoutoyou: 7:27pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

Why don't get all ur family members both home and abroad so as to destroy them with this?Don't u think destroying them will do Nigeria a great deal?Pls think about this and reach asap.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Alexisu: 7:29pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

Na now day break?
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by luvmijeje(f): 7:29pm On May 01, 2015
aresa:
Picture: Nigeria’s second ATR 42MP delivered
By Gary Parsons on 29 March 2010, 16:25

Contract for the plane was signed back in 2007 and the last one was delivered in 2009.

So, what's Jonascam got to do with the plane other than refusing to use it and save lives?

The question now is where was this plane since 6 years ago.?

Ahhhhh! No further comment till heads start rolling in the Nigeria army.
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Obijulius: 7:29pm On May 01, 2015
Killing Islamists is the best thing that can happen to any soldier.

Buhari's brothers can never understand what hit them.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by arbitter: 7:31pm On May 01, 2015
tit:

We budgeted 32 billion USD for defense over the last 5 years, these planes cost like 20 million USD and we have only two of them so yeah we definitely have spent our defense budget wisely and GEJ is the bestest best ever! Yay!

Oh wait never mind i just actually found out we had this planes for Maritime Surveillance long ago so it wasn't even recent. Now who looks stupid
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Uncletony(m): 7:36pm On May 01, 2015
Osibanjo is d new president of 9ja. Pa buhari is a gonner!!
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by papaejima1: 7:43pm On May 01, 2015
MizMyColi:
Too big.
This one is aeroplane na
I like the mix of orange and white btw.
I'd expected to see a tiny, miniature machine.
Like it is in spook movies.

My dear sis leave the movie world and come b ack to reality. Just google the term AWACS images then read up on their roles.

*Expo* Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS)
Re: Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 01, 2015
Gejpresident:
only good leader in that continent is Gej

God bless u sir

prayer from Australia

God bless edo state

God bless southern Nigeria =ss/se
may u forever reign in success my real Edo brother,...is only the blind ones actually didn't know on what GEJ face althrough his tenuen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / The Death Trap Called Abuja-Okene-Benin Highway (Photos) / Vice Presidential Screening: Okowa arrives PDP Headquarters (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.