Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? (3455 Views)

How Sex With A Stranger Almost Cost Me My Life On Xmas Day / Guys, How Do You Feel When Your Lady Has A Male Bestie? / Guys, Can You Do This For Your Lady (PHOTO)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 1:43pm On May 03, 2015
What is it with guys and greetings? If you greet your lady and she says hi or hello...why do you need a lengthy salutation?

My friend invited me to her house for dinner and into diced me to her coworker who awaits her husband to join her. The husband arrived and said hello honey...she responded hello brother and he looked as if she gave him HIV!

The entire dinner was a bit awkward and they excused themselves with goodbyes and thanks. I guess the husband couldn't contain his anger longer before getting in car....he shouted you disrespected me I see no fit to laugh. They left and we were confused as to how the wife disrespected her husband.

It has dawned to us that the brother comment has upset him. I don't see why that's a big deal...I tell my hubby hello friend or hello sir he hasn't shouted !

Why's it an issue guys? Do you see it as an issue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 03, 2015
[size=15pt] what's so fvckin special about greetings? If she greets me like a stranger, then i will also respond to her like a stranger! no big deal about that![/size]

1 Like

Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by vizkiz: 1:47pm On May 03, 2015
Nigerian husbands with this their "respect me syndrome" ehn! undecided

What's the big deal..most time I talk to my girl and she says "yes boss" or sometimes she says "hello dude" and I see no shiit in that..infact its kindda crazy and sexy.

Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2015
I'll accept it like a stranger also..
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by ronald4lif(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2015
Someone greeted her with honey and all she could do was hello brother. Seriously what's that?. What happens to dear, honey, darling and the rest
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by naijaboiy: 1:51pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:
Someone greeted her with honey and all she could do was hello brother. Seriously what's that?. What happens to dear, honey, darling and the rest
Thank You very much!

1 Like

Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by peeparty(m): 1:52pm On May 03, 2015
well mrschima it depends on how well they understand themselves,imagine d excitement from the guy when he said that to her and the response killed it all.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Mynd44: 1:55pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima ooooo. Next time the women should jump on him and smother him for 15 minutes at least.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by naijaboiy: 1:55pm On May 03, 2015
There are some things we see as "little things" that may be taken very serious by people.

If you see nothing in saying "hello brother" then you shouldn't see saying "hello dear" as a big deal too.

Just say it and get it done with.

No big deal.

You are in a public place so you should address your spouse the way the public see you guys.

You can do that "brother" shìt at home.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by naijaboiy: 1:59pm On May 03, 2015
peeparty:
well mrschima it depends on how well they understand themselves,imagine d excitement from the guy when he said that to her and the response killed it all.
This too.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:00pm On May 03, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I'll accept it like a stranger also..

In what actions?
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by temitemi1(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2015
I will just answer like a stranger cool cool
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:01pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

Ronald...aren't we all brothers and sisters?
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by baralatie(m): 2:02pm On May 03, 2015
greeting from a stranger is that of a stranger!
but the person you as a woman claim is not a stranger but a lover,friend,husbby, walks in excited and says "my sweet honey!" and you with a cold voice reply as if he is a stranger "hi".
that is harsh!
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:03pm On May 03, 2015
peeparty:

I think brother is better than saying hello friend or hello you. I could be wrong oo
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Young03(m): 2:03pm On May 03, 2015
Awkward, when u address me as a strange, i will act like i dnt knw u
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:04pm On May 03, 2015
Mynd44:
MrsChima ooooo. Next time the women should jump on him and smother him for 15 minutes at least.

With her boobs? grin
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:07pm On May 03, 2015
naijaboiy:
There are some things we see as "little things" that may be taken very serious by people.

If you see nothing in saying "hello brother" then you shouldn't see saying "hello dear" as a big deal too.

Just say it and get it done with.

No big deal.

You are in a public place so you should address your spouse the way the public see you guys.

You can do that "brother" shìt at home.

Hmmm. I see your point. I address my man as my husband and he address me as my wife...we don't use our names in public I have noticed that.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by ronald4lif(m): 2:15pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima:

Ronald...aren't we all brothers and sisters?

I agree that the man over-reacted. He shouldn't have let anyone noticed his displeasure about his wife misdemeanour display and trash it with her when home.

A husband and wife aren't brothers and sisters. They are a couple who are involve sexually, this siblings don't do. Infact, they are way more close than brothers and sisters.

Whatever name a couple choose to call each other is their prerogative and its exclusive to them alone. I don't know what their pet name is but whatever it is shouldn't matter here. The man acted like a gent who is appreciative of his wife and addressed him properly, how lovers address each other. The woman should be knowledgeable and appreciative enough in responding in same mannerism. Atleast if she isn't appreciative of his warm gesture courtesy demands you address someone in a way they have to you. It has nothing to do with respect. They were in a public function and love and affection is best displayed openly.

The woman would have acted worse if he'd referred to him as a sister after she'd called him sweetie. Women should learn to treat their man like they want to be treated. A lot of them think they are the only one who should be treated nicely. That's why some say I want a man who will worship me. You have to worship him too if you want to be worshipped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Mynd44: 2:20pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima:

With her boobs? grin
If that works
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by naijaboiy: 2:23pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima:

Hmmm. I see your point. I address my man as my husband and he address me as my wife...we don't use our names in public I have noticed that.

And you people are cool with it right? smiley

That's how it should be.

You should do what you would also like if being done to you.

I've seen a very aggressive husband who shouts his wife's name in public whenever something is wrong.

SMH
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Osirimononaye(m): 2:25pm On May 03, 2015
The doctor who prescribed Orijin and weed, for ur daily intake, must be wicked.. grin grin grin
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by ireneony(f): 2:26pm On May 03, 2015
what's so special abt greety
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:26pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

I agree that the man over-reacted. He shouldn't have let anyone noticed his displeasure about his wife misdemeanour display and trash it with her when home.

A husband and wife aren't brothers and sisters. They are a couple who are involve sexually, this siblings don't do. Infact, they are way more close than brothers and sisters.

Whatever name a couple choose to call each other is their prerogative and its exclusive to them alone. I don't know what their pet name is but whatever it is shouldn't matter here. The man acted like a gent who is appreciative of his wife and addressed him properly, how lovers address each other. The woman should be knowledgeable and appreciative enough in responding in same mannerism. Atleast if she isn't appreciative of his warm gesture courtesy demands you address someone in a way they have to you. It has nothing to do with respect. They were in a public function and love and affection is best displayed openly.

The woman would have acted worse if he'd referred to him as a sister after she'd called him sweetie. Women should learn to treat their man like they want to be treated. A lot of them think they are the only one who should be treated nicely. That's why some say I want a man who will worship me. You have to worship him too if you want to be worshipped.

I guess its depends on the couple and how they greet each other. I know my husband always greet me as my wife in public and at home he greet me as babe or Oluchi wuyen

one time I greeted him my friend in private...he say I ain't your friend...I am your husband. Even when he is mad with me..he still greet me as my wife.

Now I can understand the spouse greeting with proper respect...what about boyfriend/girlfriend?
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:29pm On May 03, 2015
Mynd44:

If that works

What works for you?
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:33pm On May 03, 2015
naijaboiy:

And you people are cool with it right? smiley

That's how it should be.

You should do what you would also like if being done to you.

I've seen a very aggressive husband who shouts his wife's name in public whenever something is wrong.

SMH

He doesn't use my name in public at all unless he have to get my documents or something. We are cool with that...now in the vedroom uhmmmm it is a different tone! grin

Chima likes to growl! grin
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by naijaboiy: 2:39pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima:

He doesn't use my name in public at all unless he have to get my documents or something. We are cool with that...now in the vedroom uhmmmm it is a different tone! grin

Chima likes to growl! grin
That's where you'll be asked "What's my name" "Say my name" grin
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by ronald4lif(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima:

I guess its depends on the couple and how they greet each other. I know my husband always greet me as my wife in public and at home he greet me as babe or Oluchi wuyen

one time I greeted him my friend in private...he say I ain't your friend...I am your husband. Even when he is mad with me..he still greet me as my wife.

Now I can understand the spouse greeting with proper respect...what about boyfriend/girlfriend?

I think boyfriend/girlfriend should be same. If a guy should address his girlfriend sweetie or honey she is expected to address him in similar way. Not brother or friend.

I can choose to call my woman isi-aki and she calls me isi-okwute at home for instance. And when we're out in public we can still address each other in same manner. But when either of the couple first addresses the other with cute pet names the person should do same and not act as if they're at home.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:47pm On May 03, 2015
naijaboiy:

That's where you'll be asked "What's my name" "Say my name" grin

His favorite is big daddy Christmas grin
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by MrsChima(f): 2:52pm On May 03, 2015
ronald4lif:

I think boyfriend/girlfriend should be same. If a guy should address his girlfriend sweetie or honey she is expected to address him in similar way. Not brother or friend.

I can choose to call my woman isi-aki and she calls me isi-okwute at home for instance. And when we're out in public we can still address each other in same manner. But when either of the couple first addresses the other with cute pet names the person should do same and not act as if they're at home.

I think for some guys...it's ownership acknowledgement to the public that this is my boo and she is not available.

I was taking to guy in public about a topic...Chima was very territorial and I introduced the guy and Chima had a very jealous but vex look on his face. The guy reached for his hand to sgake...Chima refused and grabbed my waist and guided me away saying you know that guy has no respect for a man's wife.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Mynd44: 3:00pm On May 03, 2015
MrsChima:

What works for you?
You can treat me like part of the furniture for all I care.
Re: Guys...how Do You Feel If Your Lady Greet You Like A Stranger? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 03, 2015
In fact, I dey suspect that woman.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dedicate This To You- INTROVERT / I Caught Her Red-handed. What Should I Do? / How Did You Meet/woo Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.