Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 (70525 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Ambode And Wife At HID Awolowo's Lying In State In Lagos (photos) / Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Bigsteveg(m): 5:46pm On May 04, 2015
iykofias:
A tribal legend! Nv knew d yorubas r buried wit their glasses on
Eediot. Anoda brainless fellow
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Bigsteveg(m): 5:48pm On May 04, 2015
FreeGlobe.......another mumu
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by bablong(m): 5:54pm On May 04, 2015
You mention half-thing of what Ojukwu did for your tribe.......Ajokuta ma momi

EUROBOMBER:

What else did Awolowo do apart from giving free education to the SW?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by scarred9jan(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:
I just wish I was not born yoruba. Just look at the tribal marks all over my face.my parents did this to me for tribal sake.i spit on my yorubaness.

you are a liar.... I thought you said you were from gbagada... Do lagosians do tribal marks?

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 6:22pm On May 04, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Yes we all know that Zik failed us big time because he was busy looking at the bigger picture of a united African nay a one Nigeria while others were developing their regions.

Why didn't Awolowo took the opportunity the Biafra secession presented to him to have his own country since he believed Nigeria was not a country but a mere geographical expression, few years later he came back to be the president of a mere geographical area, Sahara Desert, Sambisa Forest and Bermuda Triangle are geographical areas as well he should have contested for election there perchance he might win.

You expect Yorubas to fight your stup!d biafra cause when Zik was the first to truncate Yoruba secession? You are a slowpoke!
Did you people forget that Ironsi and Zik stopped the west and SS secession respectively and you deluded foolish cursed people still wonder why SS and SW turned against your stupid biafra cause? Bunch of Losers!
Let it also sink into your empty skull that the west won't allow anyone to dictate for them, we will go to war when we want to, not when one greedy stup!d badstard says so.
Let me also made it known that Biafra fought no war, rather they played hide and seek games, similar to the bokoharams. Whenever these biafrans were confronted, they ran away like the stupid idiots they were and used their women and children as covers.
Bunch of cowards who never fought a battle! Instead of confronting the north who had grudges against them, they hid and invaded the west who were neutral in their stup!d fight but as soon as the west soldiers rose against them, they retreated into their caves and cried victims. Losers!
I got to laugh a bit though... They wanted Awo to fight for them after causing yawa for themselves through their chestbeating? Same way they were expecting the North to keep sending food to them while they were fighting the same North.. Hahaha.. What a deluded bunch.
Foolish people who never learned from history will repeat the same history and remember this time, it won't be just 3 millions of your people that will be wiped off, it will be all.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 7:53pm On May 04, 2015
OneNaira6:

The dude displayed the well known typical yoruba behavior. It's understandable ZIK was fully against Ojukwu ' s decision afterall, since day 1 of Migeria ' independence Zik kept deluding himself in one nigeria amd maintaining an "African unity". He imitated your typical enlightened black americans who believed the unity of Africa will increase the development of africa, just like the unity of europeans developed Europe. The problem with Zik was getting educated, being around foreigners made him forget his continent to the T. It made him forget how much hatred the typical tribes have for eachother and the constant pull down syndrome of your typical black man. In Africa you have to look out for your own and your own alone. Therefore, I blame Zik for the hell igbo are in. He put us in this hellhole of a nation and with this backwards, tribalistic nation all because of his delusion of "one Africa". With that being said, at least for Zik going against ojukwu ' s decision was understandable but awo, who since the creation of Nigeria always maintained the country was never one, can never be one and should have never been one chickened in out when the opportunity to actualize his belief came into picture. Infact, the guy did a complete 360 and even suggested how to stop Biafra from fighting back after their weak military couldn't defeat a military with less training, less weapon and less assistance for 3 good Ole years. He's more proof of what known of his people.

Anyway, who cares about him.he was jailed by the same ppl he licked the @ss of. So depressed he committed suicide by taking rat poison and his burial was barely acknowledge by the same country and the same soldiers he adviced. Funny enough, the man they deemed a "rebel" got better burial and better recognition by world leaders and that same f2king military that forgot against than this Awo guy. Ain't that something? I bet you he's in hell now cursing out Nigeria as we speak. Maybe him and Hilter are enjoying the same torture chamber..afterall, they both have the same mindset. Mtchewwww
You mean known for their gallantry, bravery, intellect? On point of course.
Your people became cursed the moment they invaded our land. At that point, the yorubas who were neutral in your stup!d fight became involved and that was the turning point for your cursed people.
I repeat the biafrans fought no war whatsoever! What they did was to play children games (hide and seek). If you think throwing bombs (which killed more of their people by the way) and retreating into hiding when confronted while their women and children were being gunned down is what war entails, then you're a big fool.
Bunch of cowards who would rather waste the lives of their people than fight for them. Not to forget their leader, Ojukwu, who ran away in a woman attire like an ashawo while his people suffered.
Foolish people wants Awolowo to fight for them after truncating his people secession and forming allies with the north, who eventually saw them for what they truly are- betrayers! After causing yawa for themselves in the north through chestbeating, they were expecting the west to fight the battle they caused.. Bunch of moröns!
Awolowo wanted to be the president so as to diplomatically solve the mystery marriage of Nigeria in a peaceful way rather than waste people lives but unfortunately, the North saw through him and prevented it..
Awolowo was thrice the man Ojukwu will ever be. A true leader who would rather consider the lives of his people than follow a selfish agenda. A real man indeed.
If you people want to secede, go and stay in your landlocked states 'cos no one is dragging them with you but if you choose to invade or claim our land again, you will all perish.
Bunch of deluded goats!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by lastpage: 8:07pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:
I just wish I was not born yoruba. Just look at the tribal marks all over my face.my parents did this to me for tribal sake.i spit on my yorubaness.

Just like you have been spitting on your erosion-ridden, cursed land and fore-fathers.
Not surprising coming from some some Yiibo boy.

Today you are Biafra, tomorrow you are JEWS, next you are Yoruba and after that you are Americana!
grin grin

Its very easy to know "a people" who are LOST and suffering from an IDENTITY CRISIS!
Keep disgracing your lineage, olori-pelebe
grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:12pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:

Even my people confirmed to me that he took his own life for his involvement in a coup against IBB. Ibb was to disgracefully courtmartial him before he committed suicide. At times i feel inferior being yoruba.
You mean your cursed people? Yeye dey smell...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:18pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:
As a yoruba I see nothing wrong with the thread. It's rather educative.seun please place this on the front page. Thank you
Of course yes, it's a great thread.
No one wants a true hero to die, even at an old age.. That's why some couldn,t believe he died and he's being celebrated today.
A living hero among us.. Ibo can suck it..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:26pm On May 04, 2015
lawanson44:

[size=18pt]You couldn't have said it any better. The stu.pid Awo-lo-OLE thought he could frustrate the igbos by stealing their money and remitting only 1pound to them after the civil war. Who ever thought the Igbos being so resilient could bounce back and gain solid footing in the economy of Nigeria?

The thief and coward decided to end his life after IBB gave him an option of Imprisonment or indefinite exile. After his death, the sale of Otapiapia was given a boost as to the efficacy of it's "Kill and Dry" potents! grin grin grin[/size]
Stop rewritting history and peddling lies? Ibos had no money in bank... If they had, they wouldn't have looted CBN in Benin, killing defenceless people on the street..
Tell your uncle or father that told such lie to you that he's a goat.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:33pm On May 04, 2015
Bifwoli:

But Awolowo will never rise to the level of ,or even overshadow Ojukwu as he's too junior to him.Never ever coz Ojukwu was 50times the man Awolowo was.
Keep dreaming..
Who's Ojukwu? You mean a badstard who ran away in a woman uniform?
Check Awolowo's archivements and compare it to Ojukwu's.. Lets see who archived more before 78? Both died at 78 yrs old anyway.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:37pm On May 04, 2015
4stylz:

you think every Yoruba are dumb like you? Because he is Yoruba he should hide the truth Tribalistic idiot
As opposed to you ibos who are all dumb.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:40pm On May 04, 2015
dearpreye:
I hardly delve into tribal wars......I used to have the deepest respect for Awo. ..not anymore. He actually never had a genuine ONE NIGERIA at heart. . ...he's a hero to his people. ..no doubt....

I know my heroes; he's NOT one of them!

Ojukwu, Ken, Adaka Boro. ...These are some of them......Ojukwu remains the great hero anyday, anytime!

Had my people understood his vision and courage, we wouldn't have been holed up in this feudal contraption.

It's a question of time!
Cry me a river..
Awolowo is 10 times Ojukwu will ever be.. Suck it up.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Jobneeded12: 8:43pm On May 04, 2015
BlackOnassis:
Obafemi Awolowo The Sage. When he was in charge, Western Region was the most advanced and fastest developing region in Africa, not just Nigeria! That should tell you something about Chief Awolowo's intelligence and efficiency. Dude was scary smart. cool He made other African leaders look like retards; if I was his contemporary, I would have hated his guts grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:44pm On May 04, 2015
driand:
no Nigerian leader ever received the kind of respect ojukwu received in death go and check your history except you were not in Nigeria then.
Lies makes you people sleep at night.. Tell me again how many votes Bayelsa people gave Ojukwu?
Even you ibos rejected him...hahaha.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:47pm On May 04, 2015
driand:
don't mind the Igbos during the Civil War they lost everything their cities were leveled to the ground, but 45 years after the end of the war they are the richest tribe in the whole of Africa, go and die!
Hahaha..
I'm still searching Ibos name on the top 10 richest african list..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by scarred9jan(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2015
Shirley07:

Hahaha..
I'm still searching Ibos name on the top 10 richest african list..

Bloody noisemakers.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:50pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:

I am pure yoruba from gbagada.i feel bad being yoruba. Why would our so called leader commit suicide? This is not a good time to be omoluabi.
You wish to be one.
Not surprised though, everyone wants to be yoruba..
One of the greatest tribes ever.
Proudly yoruba!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:53pm On May 04, 2015
hausadreturn:
since it was a war, the plan was to capture the seat of govt. i.e capture the head of govt. Ore was just part of the road network
Keep peddling lies...
Bunch of thieves!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:55pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:

we yorubas cannot miss awo because he committed suicide.
Unfortunately, you're not one. You're from a cursed tribe.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 8:59pm On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:

we yorubas are worse cowards at least Ojukwu held on for 3yrs with just matchetes and sticks whereas diya shiit and started crying on sighting abacha.i said it, this is not the best time to be omoluabi
When will you ibo stop lieing?
IBo was playing hide and seek games for 2.5yrs until the yorubas got involved.
Ibos fought no war.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:05pm On May 04, 2015
anigold:

Which battle did u pick, abeg let me hear something. Bunch of fucken cowards..
I really wish Abiola was the president but he surrounded himself with cowards who ran away like cockroaches and still ended up betraying Abiola..
IF Abiola had pitch his tent with people who had guts am sure the story could have been different...
Your fore-fathers were the coackroaches, who were buttlicking the northerner ass to relegate the south. Funny enough these stup!d people were later seeking for the southern support in their battle the North against after causing trouble in the North..
Ibos are bunch of cowards, sing it along.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 04, 2015
Shirley07:

Stop rewritting history and peddling lies? Ibos had no money in bank... If they had, they wouldn't have looted CBN in Benin, killing defenceless people on the street..
Tell your uncle or father that told such lie to you that he's a goat.

And since when did Benin become igboland? Your brain has been used for sacrifice. Ode!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:14pm On May 04, 2015
lawanson44:

And since when did Benin become igboland? Your brain has been used for sacrifice. Ode!
That's the problem..
Benin is no iboland but your stupid biafra invaded non-iboland, looted its banks, properties and killed defenceless people on the street and you still wonder why they were dealt with?
Pls, borrow a brain.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:21pm On May 04, 2015
Darlduchi:
Isnt Awolowo the Yoruba guy was rescued by Biafrans but later conspired to starve 1m children , and as if that is not enough went ahead confiscated Biafrans of there savings. Although he died of N20 Rat poison, an equivalent of what he gave to Biafrans.

What a classic story of the scorpion and Frog.

Scorpion asked that the frog ferry him over the river, the frog was worried that he might be sting by the scorpion, but the scorpion was able to convince the frog of a good behavior. At the end of the journey across the sea, the scorpion lived up to his reputation. The frog in his agony asked, why that was the case, and scorpion responded by reaffirming his nature to sting and sting regardless.
Stop the lies!
Ojukwu never rescued Awolowo, it was Gowon that released him.
The guy Ojukwu released was Banjo, who became famous than Ojukwu in your stup!d biafra cause.
Foolish people expecting food from the North while they keep fighting the same North. Who gives food to his enemy? Bunch of rètards!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:26pm On May 04, 2015
PAINGAIN:
Chai! I don laff tire. And for d record, igbos might be arrogant, boastful, flamboyant but one thing d igbos are not is "coward". See how awolowo abandoned everything he believed in bcus he was made head of FEC and promised d presidency. Hausas used him to get what they wanted just like they are using tinubu now to get what they want. When will d yorubas stop licking hausa a5s?
Keep consoling yourselves..
Bunch of greedy cowards!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:29pm On May 04, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** yoruba never see anything. Just sit and watch what the hausa-Fulani's will do to them in this Buhari's dispensation. Some Arewa leaders like Junaid and Ciroma are already claiming that yorubas never made Buhari, Ciroma has specifically warned Buhari to be careful in signing agreements with Tinubu. This dispensation will be VERY INTERESTING. I already bought a houseload of popcorn and a truckload of Coke. Na to siddon enjoy remain. **LOLS**
Why not worry about yourselves? Heard that your ibo leaders are crying already...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:31pm On May 04, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** Yes, but yorumbas will never tell you that. Just as they will never tell you that the Igbo Quartermaster-General of the Nigerian Army Col. Unegbe was killed by the "Igbo coup plotters"-Wale Ademoyega and Ifeajuna in '66 "Igbo coup". Very sleazy revisionist creatures. Trust a yoruba at your own risk.
Tales by moolight..
I wonder what kind of people derive joy by lieing..
Lieing cowards!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by June24th: 9:35pm On May 04, 2015
jantofubu:
stammering or spacebooking
Lol.. maybe both
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by hausadreturn(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2015
Shirley07:
Keep peddling lies... Bunch of thieves!
what are u saying please?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by akinszz: 9:36pm On May 04, 2015
What is this gandoki saying
iykofias:
A tribal legend! Nv knew d yorubas r buried wit their glasses on
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:39pm On May 04, 2015
thotsofnaij:
For those of you talking about Ore know the facts. First Ojukwu realised that when Murtala marched towards the east that the seat of government in Lagos was exposed as that was the division that was stationed in the west. He saw it as a way to end the war. If he could sack Gowon he could send the northerners out of power and empower the yorubas. Gowon heard the troops had gotten to Ore and was already preparing to flee(true fact). Gowon was already getting ready to evacuate.

Unfortunately the troops were betrayed by VICTOR BANJO, who was put in charge by Ojukuw cause he did not want the yorubas to feel that it was an action against the yorubas and a yoruba commander would ease peoples minds that lagos was coming under siege and was going to be destroyed. Victor banjo turned traitor, and started communicating with Awolowo and stopped the march and almost had the other Igbo commanders who questioned this action almost killed, where some had to escape to avoid death. He stopped at Ore for a good 3 days which was enough time to have gotten to lagos as Lagos was only hours away. He kept communicating to Ojukwu when asked why the delay that all was well.

Eventually after days of stalling and treachery Nigerian troops regrouped and were able to push back. And honestly that betrayal by VIctor Banjo was how that war was lost and countless millions of children lost their lives.
Tales!
Ways to end the war by killing defenceless people on the street of Ore?
Ways to end the war by bombing lagos?
Bunch of fools...
You expect Banjo to fight his people because of you ibos? Lol.
I repeat, the moment your people invaded the west, they remained cursed!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Governor Yahya Bello With His Wives / Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku & Peter Obi For President 2023 / Photos Of Hauwa Suntai And Her Younger Husband, Ahmed Jarman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.