Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators (32180 Views)

MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Kaduna Preaching Bill: Resolving The Constitutional Controversy (1) ...punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by BamideleOJ: 12:25pm On May 05, 2015
barcanista:
@OP: The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission determines the remuneration of Public office holders. However, the commission is guided by law of the Parliament (NAsS). The allocation cannot be modified or reviewed by the President except the law establishing it is amended by members of National Assembly. In other words, they still have the key. The best a President can do is to persuade members of NASS to amend the law guiding RMAFC. Otherwise, he can only make empty rant. He can't even change what his VP, Ministers, SAs, SSAs or even himself earn. He can only decide to forfeit a percentage of his income. As for the NASS, I bet you that any bill to amend the law guiding RMAFC will be killed upon arrival.
I strongly agree with you. It will die before its full conception because the lawmakers we have there are relics of the old. No difference! Just change in names das all!!
Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by temifisayo(f): 12:41pm On May 05, 2015
please stop using phrases like son of bitterness or son of hate.
Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by oluwasegun007(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2015
I'll like him to repeat himself after his 1st salary
Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by tola9ja: 12:49am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I love transformation
I hate "change"

Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by klickash077(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2015
rooqee120:
Barcanista, please, are you into law or public service? Your diversity in knowledge don't seize to amaze me. I Admire you
continue admiring, am obviously watching you in 100D. we both have common interest, barcanista is my personal guy, even after he sold his conscience for stipend( if truly he did ) to be part of the PDP grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by Chiaka(f): 3:00pm On May 14, 2015
zinachidi:
the law makers themselves, but i'm pretty sure they'll reject the proposal outrightly.

Like Ben bruce said if they are earning more than European leaders then they should be ready to pay workers more than European workers also. Very true saying

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Constitutional Power To Slash The Salaries Of Senators by springrolls: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2018
Myself2:

The way to go is that civil society organisations should form pressure groups, sponsor private bills to come u der matters of urgent national importance and occupy the NASS till the bill is read and adopted on both floors.I know a handful of senators and representatives that have personally expressed their support for a cut in their total emoluments, they can be co-opted into such a movement

Do you know of any senators that will support such a movement? I'm thinking of starting a petition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu: Time For Politicking Is Over — We Must Begin The Healing Process / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.