Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die (12607 Views)

6 BILLION NAIRA BRIBE ; Amaechi Must Mention Names. / Legislators Demand 2.5 Billion Naira Bribe To Pass Petroleum Industry Bill And Swfb-investigation / N50 Million Naira Bribe: Where Are Efcc & Icpc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by blacksta(m): 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2009
?

Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by blacksta(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2009
Shame , Shame , Shame - To all those who claim " I am making millions in Nigeria"
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2009
na wao  grin
Nigeria is wonderful!

I don't know if I should feel bad for the female officer
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by mustafar1: 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2009
camera fones are the best things to have happened to nigeria in a long time. hehehe. she was trying to molest the innocent car.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by JustGood(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2009
I hope somebody somewhere does something about these police officers to send the right message to others.

What a couple of idiots!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Remii(m): 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2009
Did you notice the driver is a woman, trying to kill another woman.!!!! What a shame on her.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by mustafar1: 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
Remii:

Did you notice the driver is a woman, trying to kill another woman.!!!! What a shame on her.

so it is not a shame for a woman to extort another woman, because she has a black piece of cloth with a matching colored hat on?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by kellygirl(f): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
roflmao
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2009
As much as i see the nigerian policemen as one of the most corrupt gruop of people in nigeria, I also see them as the[b] braviest and patriotic nigerians at any history of nigeria[/b].
Amidst their numerous dirty acts, they still find time to confront dangerous criminals on a daily basis with less or without any form of protection.

It could have been that the police woman in the pic was trying to stop a criminal. undecided
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by atiku07(m): 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2009
nawa 4 nigeria o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by asha80(m): 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2009
No comment  lipsrsealed
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Grizzly(m): 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2009
Haaaaaa! grin
That driver should be given a congressional medal of honour grin
That policewoman should learn a lesson. How embarrassing. embarassed
B T W my phone was nearly confiscated from me when i tried to take d pic of any officer collecting 20# shocked
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by kufreabasi(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
shameless set people
maybe she were looking N20.00
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by teeq(m): 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2009
Shame on IG Mike Okiro shame,
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by iz2much: 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2009
Itz a shame, a big one. any how sha we are all affected inluding *****, so ?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by meexteriox(m): 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2009
Even as i don't see myself as an advocate of the Nigerian Police, the driver
should also be asked some questions. Is it now a crime to stop a vehicle
in Nigeria? Why is she running from a normal stop and search which occurs
at every turn of the head in Nigeria, if she is on her right?

We should not throw the baby away with the bath water, though most attimes, they deserve what they get,
the woman driver, though should be questioned.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by yemisia(f): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2009
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die

na wao, na so things bad 4  Nija, wey nija police won kill herself becos of fifthy naira.[[color=#006600] shocked
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by MrCrackles(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
LMFAO!!! grin cheesy
I tire for Naija!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by adeyemik: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
I.G see your people. Come baba wetin you go do now.  This na serious shame. Shame to Naija Police
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by OBVIOUS(m): 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
Shame on the government for not paying the individuals who sacrifice their lives protecting the Nigerian people. Na condition make crayfish bend.

Shame on the Nigerian police for letting the government cheat them out of their pay and benefits that rightfully belong to them. I suggest that they go on strike and engage in active protest for their rights.

I don't blame the woman she's only trying to make a buck or two. She has a family to feed.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by PAPABOMBOY: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2009
You go tell say she be JJC for checkpoint. grin grin grin

Imagine say nah trailer dey her front------haba, money like this no good oh.

Funny thing nah say even if dem raise their salary dem go stay dey harass people for more 20 naira.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by lucabrasi(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2009
while we may be quick to abuse the police officers,i hope we all realise that you cannot do this anywhere else in the world and go away scot free without being prosecuted even in zimbabwe or singapore,these police officers are poverty ridden same as an average nigerian yet they are putting their lives on the line to make these same nigerians safe,rather than this highlighting police corruption,i think it is an indictment on us nigerians and crass indiscipline, when  military men brutalised uzoma okere,we all condemned it,same as other police brutality,well for me i personally think the woman should be ashamed of herself and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law as there is no excuse for using a car to virtually run a uniformed police officer down,especially a female one, she could be pregnant or havingany health issues at that time
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by badman(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
funny how a police officer is being treated , they deserve it tho

that woman must be tough o!

this is a joke of the day
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by md4real(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
just like what OBASANJO said, anytin goes in nigeria. by the way, must the lady police stop the car at all cost?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by insight04: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2009
kufreabasi:

shameless set people
maybe she were looking N20.00

The Police call a N20 bribe "Half-current", while a N50 bribe is termed as "Full-current". When they stop a driver along the Aba-Ph Owerri/Enugu axis. The demand for Full-current, while the driver will be negotiating " Oga, I beg collect Half-current now".Quite funny
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by multebrain(m): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2009
na wa for nigeria police i never see police in all the country ive being to embarassing himor herself this way MR okiro you better resign coz of this embarassment
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Muza(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2009
insight04:

The Police call a N20 bribe "Half-current", while a N50 bribe is termed as "Full-current". When they stop a driver along the Aba-Ph Owerri/Enugu axis. The demand for Full-current, while the driver will be negotiating " Oga, I beg collect Half-current now".Quite funny
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by argent(f): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2009
The lady should have stopped, just imagine if it was those trigger happy policemen.

See as the police fall yakata for ground, serves her right. tongue
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by tatooboy: 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
funny. have you ever imagined how police men and women are recruited? if i tell you the story, u will trip. to say the list, the recruitment precess is also a shame n its beta imagined. Simple question i want to ask NL, Ask yourself, the policemen and women we see on the streets, if they were not wearing that uniform, which strata in the society would they have fitted in? For me, maybe, area boys or area gals, okada drivers, armed robbers, conductors, bus drivers etc.

I dont av problems wit al these, but i think the govt has a responsibility to do a re-orientation of the police. Most of the time when they stop me, i stop, but al they ask for is " oga what do you have for your boys" its a shame.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by jamace(m): 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2009
Who shall deliver Naija from corruption?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by xcolanto(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
NINJA`s na una way!!
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by BOSS7: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

while we may be quick to abuse the police officers,i hope we all realise that you cannot do this anywhere else in the world and go away scot free without being prosecuted even in zimbabwe or [b]singapore,these police officers are poverty ridden same as an average nigerian yet they are putting their lives on the line to make these same nigerians safe,[/b]rather than this highlighting police corruption,i think it is an indictment on us nigerians and crass indiscipline, when military men brutalised uzoma okere,we all condemned it,same as other police brutality,well for me i personally think the woman should be ashamed of herself and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law as there is no excuse for using a car to virtually run a uniformed police officer down,especially a female one, she could be pregnant or havingany health issues at that time
1. Are you sure about Singapore police officers being poverty ridden?
2. Are you also sure about Nigerian police officers putting their lives on the line for an average Nigerian?

I doubt most Nigerians would agree with your point (I mean point number 2).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Explosion At Bomb Factory Kills Boko Haram Members - / Wukari Crisis Caused By Football Match Argument / Boko Haram, ISWAP Massively Recruiting To Replace 'Repentant' Members — Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.