Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die (12630 Views)

6 BILLION NAIRA BRIBE ; Amaechi Must Mention Names. / Legislators Demand 2.5 Billion Naira Bribe To Pass Petroleum Industry Bill And Swfb-investigation / N50 Million Naira Bribe: Where Are Efcc & Icpc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by BOSS7: 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
must_a_phar:

camera fones are the best things to have happened to nigeria in a long time.
Oro lo so Baba Ahmed.

grin
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by maxell(f): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
What do you expect when they are being paid a meager N8,000 naira per month ?

Have you been to a Nigerian Police barracks lately ? Let's not even go there.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Remii(m): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2009
argent:

The lady should have stopped, just imagine if it was those trigger happy policemen.

See as the police fall yakata for ground, serves her right. tongue

While not holding brief for police, because most of them do not deserve that anyway, that lady should have stopped. The guy who posted the pictures could shed more light on the full story that led to this too.  You must have committed an offence before police, particularly the ones running traffic stops you. They do not just stop everyone. Even the so called extortionist focus on commercial drivers only, they largely let private drivers be, unless they are on stop and search or you commit an offence. If she is abroad would she dare move an inch, a cop was pulling her aside.
If she killed that policelady she would have known the gravity of her offence.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by mustafar1: 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

while we may be quick to abuse the police officers,i hope we all realise that you cannot do this anywhere else in the world and go away scot free without being prosecuted even in zimbabwe or singapore,these police officers are poverty ridden same as an average nigerian yet they are putting their lives on the line to make these same nigerians safe,rather than this highlighting police corruption,i think it is an indictment on us nigerians and crass indiscipline, when  military men brutalised uzoma okere,we all condemned it,same as other police brutality,well for me i personally think the woman should be ashamed of herself and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law as there is no excuse for using a car to virtually run a uniformed police officer down,especially a female one, she could be pregnant or havingany health issues at that time

i would have said this was a case of assault on the part of the driver. she wasnt trying to run thru the policewoman, these are traffic policemen. the police officer saw it fit to sit on the hood of her car. while the car was either moving or about to move.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Remii(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
1. Are you sure about Singapore police officers being poverty ridden?
2. Are you also sure about Nigerian police officers putting their lives on the line for an average Nigerian?

I doubt most Nigerians would agree with your point (I mean point number 2).
[quote][/quote]

I am not sure of Singapore or any other pore for that matter, but beleive it or not precense of police in town deters small small criminals. If police go on strike I would not leave my house.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by mustafar1: 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2009
after all thats meant to be done as regards CCTV is done, and it is functioning the way its meant to. i see a situation where we'll be watching police officers collect full-current and half-current live and direct every nite on national TV. oh snap, that wont be possible because for CCTV to work fine, the police force would have been made a lot more efficient and effective so they wont need to collect current anylonger.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by spikedcylinder: 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
Did you notice the driver is a woman, trying to kill another woman.!!!! What a shame on her.

Are you in the Nigerian Police?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by bawomolo(m): 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
The idea that the Nigerian police is corrupt due to poor pay is half-truth. Was tafa balogun paid poorly? The organization is corrupt from top to bottom. The problem isn't poor pay but these officers see the Police Force as a career and not service to their community. They are just typical Nigerian government workers. Would increasing their pay magically improve the poor training and indiscipline in the Nigerian army.

anyway i hope say paracetamol go cure the yanshache grin
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by bawomolo(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2009
Remii:

While not holding brief for police, because most of them do not deserve that anyway, that lady should have stopped. The guy who posted the pictures could shed more light on the full story that led to this too.  You must have committed an offence before police, particularly the ones running traffic stops you. They do not just stop everyone. Even the so called extortionist focus on commercial drivers only, they largely let private drivers be, unless they are on stop and search or you commit an offence. If she is abroad would she dare move an inch, a cop was pulling her aside.
If she killed that policelady she would have known the gravity of her offence.

Why put your yansh in front of a vehicle? na so them dey train them
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by oderemo(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
What do you expect when they are being paid a meager N8,000 naira per month

so the reason for unwarranted , unnecessary extortion of bribe
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by damola1: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2009
tHAT woman is lucky she's on a FREE ZONE, if only there's traffic around,

No police would ever sit on your car because of 50 bucks, they only scope you, and if you give them story they allow you be,

One stupid dude with his wife and child tried the stunts this woman pulled, unfortunately for him, the warder was a strong man who helled to the bonnet until he stopped, the guy was practically crying and begging when the warder and his fellow began making calls for senior officers,

Listen, this is rubbish, just another mess to mess up my dear nigeria, they only scope you, and if you dont' give, they let you be, only when you have done wrong will they use it against you, or maybe incomplete papers, but I am yet to see a case where they say it's a must, unless it's a public transport,

This is pure rubbish, and a means to disgrace the integrity of the Nigerian police, they might not hold so much of an integrity however, not this bad.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by 4peace(m): 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
Let all of the go on strike and who go suffer.Why do we like to celebrate bad?According to pictures the police are not taking bribe.is Stop and bribe the same.i hope the driver was appended because the story was 1/10 told.
Let say the scene was vice versa what will you guys say.God bless and protect nigeria.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by lucabrasi(m): 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2009
@b.o.s.s.
maybe most nigerians who dont agree that the nigerian police puts their life on the line needs to visit oduduwa police station in g.r.a, its not more than 15mins drive from my house in lag so i know, policement get killed like flies but the media dont report it,a friend of mine who is late now, armed robbers wiped all their family out even after the man's retirement just because he was being a conscentious officer while in service,out of a family of like 5 only one son survived,amongst several cases but they never get reported,remember all these guys are working without life insurance,no safety equipments,old weapons,no life insurance and definitely no welfare package, the lucky ones get accomodation of a single room and parlour in run down barracks while the majority live inside police cells and have their bath very early in the morning on the police station grounds, pls find out these facts before making a judgement.

singaporean officers being poverty riddn r not is not an issue,but the fact that,the woman will not dare do it anywhere else in the world.
must_a_far:

i would have said this was a case of assault on the part of the driver. she wasnt trying to run thru the policewoman, these are traffic policemen. the police officer saw it fit to sit on the hood of her car. while the car was either moving or about to move.
what would do have had her do,break her side mirror or windscreen?im sure we are both agreed that would have been easier and justifiable with the pictures, american diasporians will bear me witness that them never born the fore father of that person,even george bush or obama that would touch an american police officer's uniform talk less of using a car to push, that person will be eating eba with baba GOD that day
bawomolo:

Why put your yansh in front of a vehicle? na so them dey train them
what would do have had her do,break her side mirror or windscreen?im sure we are both agreed that would have been easier and justifiable with the pictures,can you do it to lapd officers?
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by lucabrasi(m): 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2009
in spite of the roger,half current or full current these police officers are collecting,like the dude said in his comment,if they strike for one single day,nigeria will turn upside down
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by BOSS7: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2009
@Lucabrasi
I didn't make judgements but rather asked legitimate questions which I don't know so don't take it personal and also you asserted that fact about Singaporean police officers so you're in a best position to clear that up. Are they poverty ridden or not? I don't know so that's why I'm asking becuase I thought for a country of Singapore status, I doubt that's true.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by badman(m): 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2009
Both parties gat issues

this police is a joker, is that what they thought them in police college that u expose urself to danger by sitting on the bonnet of a car. better still just get the number down.

The woman deserves to be prosecuted even if na egunje dey involve sef. u dont disrepect an officer a woman for that matter in that manner. What that woman had injuries internally
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by BOSS7: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

in spite of the roger,half current or full current these police officers are collecting,like the dude said in his comment,if they strike for one single day,nigeria will turn upside down
They're not allowed to go on strike. It's the law mate. So forget the "if"
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by 4peace(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2009
Police is corrupt.hmmm but what about you and you.most of you are using fbt.the time to do work is use for browsing and only police is corrupt.Until you and you stop your own corruption nothing will happen.God Bless Nigeria
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by oderemo(m): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2009
they strike for one single day,nigeria will turn upside down

who told you so, nigeria police have been on holiday since the last century.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by luka1981(m): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2009
ode remo:

who told you so, nigeria police have been on holiday since the last century.
the bakassy boys in igbo land would have done better that the nigerian police. so let thet go on strike
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Remii(m): 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Are you in the Nigerian Police?

I am not and do not have to be to say what I think is the truth.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Outstrip(f): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2009
Whatever. Even if she was the most dedicated police officer. Did she really think that her bony nyash will stop a moving vehicle. She should be thnakful that she did not die that day
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by ajadrage: 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2009
Ermmm, okay the police bad abi? Did anyone reason that the lady might have something incriminating in her possession, thus her rather suspicious actions? Now we see the decay in the system, were this to be a sane system, where stuff works, such an action would be relayed to some sort of patrol team to apprehend her and subject her to some sort of search. Probably on the other hand, the lady might just be frustrated from some official antagonisms by the officers, but that don't mean she gotta do take the action that she did. Thats an assault on an officer of the law, mentality and society, she knows she can get away with it thats why she done it. Both ways, it's a sorry capture of the Nigerian state and the decaying rot that it has become in the hands of inept and inneficient political and ruling elite. . .  sad
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by blacksta(m): 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2009
ajadrage:

Ermmm, okay the police bad abi? Did anyone reason that the lady might have something incriminating in her possession, thus her rather suspicious actions? Now we see the decay in the system, were this to be a sane system, where stuff works, such an action would be relayed to some sort of patrol team to apprehend her and subject her to some sort of search. Probably on the other hand, the lady might just be frustrated from some official antagonisms by the officers, but that don't mean she gotta do take the action that she did. Thats an assault on an officer of the law, mentality and society, she knows she can get away with it thats why she done it. Both ways, it's a sorry capture of the Nigerian state and the decaying rot that it has become in the hands of inept and inneficient political and ruling elite. . .  sad

Give me a break - Are u serious. something incriminating like drugs or money. It is very obvious that the police here where only interested in harassing the lady which i guess she did not have time for.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Sweetthing(f): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
na wa oo! Heh chineke, I tire 4 Naija. Still funny tho, ha ha ha ha ,
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by bawomolo(m): 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2009
what would do have had her do,break her side mirror or windscreen?im sure we are both agreed that would have been easier and justifiable with the pictures,can you do it to lapd officers?

no LAPD officer would throw yansh over bonet  grin

LAPD have a better pedigree than Nigerian police officers. do you think Americans would have respect for cops if they were asking for 5 dollar bribes?  The Nigerian police sold themselves out.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Pepeye(f): 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
Speechless. .

what a shame on the police force . . . so appalling
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by ajadrage: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2009
blacksta:

Give me a break - Are u serious. something incriminating like drugs or money. It is very obvious that the police here where only interested in harassing the lady which i guess she did not have time for.
Yeah I am serious. You posted the pix, but you were quite silent over details. The picture tells a story that is open to any sort of interpretation. Who knows, the lady officer might be deserving of a pat on the back for all I care for her zealous dedication to duty. Not that I'm saying thats what she deserves, but you wey post the pix, you for give more details of wetin transpire. Thats all I'm saying. And harrassment don't justify assault in sane societies, mind you. Thats why organs like the public complaints commission, police service commission are there, a good citizen should lay a complaint against erring public officials, not taking laws into their own hands.

Anyways, thats the state of the nation for us. . .
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by SisiJinx: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
How do we know this is because of Egunje? All I see is a police officer being run over by a motorist.

Anybody can take picture these days an attach a story. . . can't they? undecided
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by blackspade(m): 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
Why was the policewoman out on duty wearing a skirt in the first place?

I know for a fact here in the states policewomen are only allowed to wear skirts when they're not on duty.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by diggler(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2009
The Pix represent the decay in our system.

1.) Poorly trained Police officer disregards S.O.P. for stopping a vehicle (whether na egunje or otherwise be the reason)

2.) Lawless, Probably impatient & obviously frustrated Nigerian lady takes Subject #1 abovee for a lil ride.

3.) Glorified Bus-stop Analysts (yours truly being an eminent arm-chair analyst) now break the shiz-nizz down.
Re: Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die by Remii(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
bawomolo:

no LAPD officer would throw yansh over bonnet  grin

LAPD have a better pedigree than Nigerian police officers. do you think Americans would have respect for cops if they were asking for 5 dollar bribes?  The Nigerian police sold themselves out.

LAPD, Scotland yard M15, KGB and the rest are performing based on enviroment they are. It is on record the Nigerian Police like other Nigerians too perform excellently when assigned role in United Nations all over the world.

You can continue to put down what is yours, you would get the results.

All I know is that anywhere in the world, when police stops you, you stop.  You do not even come out of your car until told to do so in the USA or you may be shot.

That woman probably committed a traffic offence and driving off is sign of arrogance a behavior she would drop as soon as she passes the NDLEA post at MMA if she is travelling out of Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Show Me All Your Infrastructural Developments In Your State / President Buhari Launches Economic Recovery And Growth Plan Tomorrow / Bola Tinubu Lauds Buhari, Masari Over Rescue Of Kankara Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.