Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why Do People Deactivate And Return? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Deactivate And Return? (9421 Views)

Facebook Deactivate Woman’s Account For Posting Her Boobs Online.... / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:20pm On May 07, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Oponu, do have to mention my name?

That Guy is very sick!
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Samchelsea(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Nice one boss...people like Omenka, Abduljabbar4, MzJackBaueress, PassingShot, pataki, NgeneUkwenu and other minions want the guy to deactivate, They don't know the stuff he's made of...As for me, If you like bring the post of me calling Buhari a Certificateless illiterate and a dullard(... Which he is), I ain't deactivating. I dey like dele, I gallant like Gala. grin grin
nice bro...its same thing here, am just waiting for him to resume then the criticism will start

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 08, 2015
babyosisi:
I always wonder why people deactivate and return with another name
What could they be running from?
Somebody help me understand that
Even respectable posters deactivate and return hoping not to be recognized or what ?
Can someone help me understand this deactivation stuff
Especially those of you who have deactivated and returned,what was your reason?
Did you reveal things you wish you hadn't?
And do you suppose the people you were running from don't remember what you revealed?
I deactivated because I needed to focus more on my studies I was Dutchboy before now i'm Dutchjongen.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 08, 2015
dutchjongen:
I deactivated because I needed to focus more on my studies I was Dutchboy before now i'm Dutchjongen.

Why not just focus on your studies then return as dutchboy?
Was it hard not to log in?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Why not just focus on your studies then return as dutchboy?
Was it hard not to log in?

It was hard especially during the period leading up to the elections.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 08, 2015
Wedon:

Many of us deactivate because we think we are DONE with Nairaland . . . or at least we want to be.

What we don't factor in is how addicted we are to it already.

I contributed less and less to Nairaland . . . saw annoying FP topics . . . dealt with too many trolls . . . . and worse, had to endure these over sabi 'new-generation' mods.

So one morning I came across the 'deactivate' button and said, "what the heck . . why not? I could still come here as a guest, I don't have to comment on topics." . . . so I clicked it. BIG mistake!!!

A person doesn't spend the number of years I've spent on Nld and go cold turkey that easily.

I really tried oooo, seriously I tried. But I just couldn't . . the amebo was too much. I just HAD to comment!!! embarassed cheesy

So I forced my husband to give me his password grin grin . . he doesn't use it anyways; Only registered cos he saw how into it I was.

So now I'm this 'male' with a husband confusing everybody with my posts. angry angry angry

You know,initially I couldn't see the deactivate button or mentions on the IPad so I had no clue what people talked about when they mentioned those two things.
So na ya husband moniker you dey use

You know I surprised myself sometime ago when I left NL for two whole years and didn't post a thing
I read occasionally though and would see people talk about me grin grin
Then I returned as babymama
One day I decided to try my babyosisi password ( babyosisi was on the slammer for years for no reason really) and it worked
That was back when Seun Osewa was still very youthful and banning people for sport.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 08, 2015
1stCitizen:

Listen NL remains an anonymous forum. So whether you deactivate, reactivate or regurgitate....we do not care. Nobody knows you or gives a flying fvck.

That is what you say
The same nairalanders swear with their mother's name that they have scoop on some posters and go to lengths to post pictures of who they think the person is,family members and addresses
To many this place is that serious o

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Caveatemptor(m): 11:46am On May 09, 2015
I for one can't understand why people can't leave this place quietly. What is the ppint of carefully deleting all your over a million posts and topics and deactivating your account and then a few months later registering a new account and then leaving subtle hints so everybody knows what your deactivated moniker was.
Why deactivate your account if you are not yet ready to walk away?
Why walk out the door in the first place and even if you are coming back in through the same door,why not come back in silently? Must you kick the door down so every one knows you are back?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 11:59am On May 09, 2015
People probably deactivate for different reason. Intimidation,bullying,tribalism,inferiority complex or just for fun.
When I joined this forum a certain character that shall remain nameless tried insulting my husband probably to intimidate me to deactivate my account. Of course I refused to be bullied and instead I gave back as good as I got.
Like I said earlier many people deactivate accounts to escape the bullies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Caveatemptor(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2015
^^^
While I agree there are bullies. Why allow yourself to be bullied and intimidated on a faceless forum?
Dont put up your personal information and quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone putting up their real pictures on dp walls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by EfemenaXY: 12:48pm On May 09, 2015
Caveatemptor:
I for one can't understand why people can't leave this place quietly. What is the ppint of carefully deleting all your over a million posts and topics and deactivating your account and then a few months later registering a new account and then leaving subtle hints so everybody knows what your deactivated moniker was.
Why deactivate your account if you are not yet ready to walk away?
Why walk out the door in the first place and even if you are coming back in through the same door,why not come back in silently? Must you kick the door down so every one knows you are back?

So entertaining... cheesy grin
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 09, 2015
Caveatemptor:
^^^
While I agree there are bullies. Why allow yourself to be bullied and intimidated on a faceless forum?
Dont put up your personal information and quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone putting up their real pictures on dp walls.

I agree with your first point not the second
One either ignores someone taunting them or takes them on headlong
But those putting up pictures,I do have a lot of respect for
You have to be confident in yourself to do that
IMHO,anyone that will come here and put up a picture,especially a regular poster,is a nairalander I can trust enough to let into my home
That is something sincere about anyone who does that

In the early years of nairaland we shared pictures freely on threads and took it down minutes later
It wasn't a big deal
But I wouldn't dare put my face on here because of the eediots that have filled the space

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 09, 2015
TheMadame:
People probably deactivate for different reason. Intimidation,bullying,tribalism,inferiority complex or just for fun.
When I joined this forum a certain character that shall remain nameless tried insulting my husband probably to intimidate me to deactivate my account. Of course I refused to be bullied and instead I gave back as good as I got.
Like I said earlier many people deactivate accounts to escape the bullies.

The 'intimidation' must have really gotten to you for you to still be talking about it . . Even after the whole world has forgotten.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 09, 2015
Caveatemptor:
^^^

I still don't belive somwone can be bullied on a faceless online forum.

Some people started that intimidation and bullying campaign sometime ago and it was epic. You give them one look and they scream intimidation.

Paranoid much
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 2:18pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

The 'intimidation' must have really gotten to you for you to still be talking about it . . Even after the whole world has forgotten.

Don't you find it amusing that the character in question deleted her account and is now back masqurading as a man. Talk about a dog returning to its vomit.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 09, 2015
TheMadame:

Don't you find it amusing that the character in question deleted her account and is now back masqurading as a man. Talk about a dog returning to its vomit.

Oh, I'm sorry . . Did I 'intimidate' you with my post

Bwahahahaha cheesy
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Caveatemptor(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2015
EfemenaXY:

So entertaining... cheesy grin

Abi ooo.
Some one deletes/deactivates his/her nairaland account and walks away. A few weeks later she /he registers a new account and starts dropping subtle hints so everybody can put two and two together so that everyone knows that he/she is the deactivated account.
Drama queens-all of them as far as I am concerned.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

Bwahahahaha cheesy

A few days ago someone told me I should have deactivated my account if I were them
In her opinion I ought to be so ashamed of myself to have deactivated
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
So themadame is right
There are people who actually see it as victory when folks deactivate and they are upset when you don't
Perhaps it shows all their efforts were in vain
Hehehehehehe

So you sef
Why did you deactivate sef

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 2:33pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

Bwahahahaha cheesy

The point I am making is if the character in question choose to deactivate her account and walk away from Nairaland,when return to her vomit by registering a new account?
This character knows it has NO life outside this forum,so why the initial gra-gra of deactivation?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 09, 2015
TheMadame:

The point I am making is if the character in question choose to deactivate her account and walk away from Nairaland,when return to her vomit by registering a new account?
This character knows it has NO life outside this forum,so why the initial gra-gra of deactivation?

Who Biko?
Say the old name and the new
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 2:39pm On May 09, 2015
babyosisi:

Who Biko?

i will drop a hint. The character is on this thread. She used to be female,now it is registered as a male.Intimidation is its name and tribalism is its game.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 09, 2015
Qw
babyosisi:

A few days ago someone told me I should have deactivated my account if I were them
In her opinion I ought to be so ashamed of myself to have deactivated
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
So themadame is right
There are people who actually see it as victory when folks deactivate and they are upset when you don't
Perhaps it shows all their efforts were in vain
Hehehehehehe

So you sef
Why did you deactivate sef

I know some people's lives depend on what they do here on Nld. So they think others' do too.

That's why someone will claim she was being bullied into deactivating. Like who the heck cares

Deactivate or not, Nld will still remain.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 09, 2015
babyosisi:

Who Biko?

She's still scared of mentioning my name. cheesy

I must have serious intimidation skills ooh. And I've been allowing Coogar to talk to me anyhow. Wait I'm coming, let me go and practice on him. Lol
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 2:53pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

She's still scared of mentioning my name. cheesy

I must have serious intimidation skills ooh. And I've been allowing Coogar to talk to me anyhow. Wait I'm coming, let me go and practice on him. Lol

Oh, are you the dog in question...? I knew I could smell your cowardly arze all over this thread.
Why masqurading as a man now?
Did you do a se/x change?

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 09, 2015
TheMadame:

Oh, are the dog in question...? I knew I could smell your cowardly arze all over this thread.
Why masqurading as a man now?
Did you do a se/x change?

SMH . . . Pity!
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 3:22pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

SMH . . . Pity!

Stick to the topic....WHY DID YOU DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND RESSURECT AS A MAN?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On May 09, 2015
Wait o, Uju is now " Wedon"?

Otu ocha.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 09, 2015
ifyalways:
Wait o, Uju is now " Wedon"?

Otu ocha.

Lol.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 09, 2015
TheMadame:

Stick to the topic....WHY DID YOU DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND RESSURECT AS A MAN?

So you can get intimidated and yet you can't read

Smh!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by TheMadame(f): 3:41pm On May 09, 2015
Wedon:

So you can get intimidated and yet you can't read

Smh!

Even when you were Ujujoan,you failed in your quest to intimidate me and ended up deactivating your account,is it now you are back like a cowardly dogg back to its vomit and hiding behind a MALE moniker that you will intimidate me?
I think it is about time you do another deactivation....maybe you could come back stronger.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 09, 2015
That part of blackmail is more with the ladies who have f**ked whoever they met here then they come back with a 'wife material moniker' lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy......who wants to get bursted?...nairaland aka drama land! cheesy

As for you barcanista,you are brave. Sincerely,a coward would have fallen for the bully and cheap blackmail you got here but you proved to them that you are a real man and change is constant. Your defection to PDP gave the e dogs a heart attack. Bravo!

barcanista:
My Dear many people deactivate for different reasons. Some due to bully, some to create a new identity and image around themselves, some as a result of bullying, some for the fun of it, some as a result of blackmail and some others prolly because they have been busted for illegal dealings and stuffs.

For me o, I am the last person that will resort to deactivation as a result of being bullied, blackmailed or whatever.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 09, 2015
Ghen ghen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? / Help I Think I Might Be Pregnant! / This Lady Wouldn't Just Leave My Husband Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.