Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari (22935 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:12am On May 07, 2015
Young03:
But don't u tink dat scraping it will bring a confict between d niger delta militants and nigeria as a whole and again, by this the biafrans will get their chance by supportin the militants and looking 4 a dichotomy in the country
I don't think so. The so-called Amnesty was the idea of the Yaradua Government and not part of the demands in the ND. It was meant to calm nerves of agitators and not to bring real time solution to the marginalised oil producing states. The program has been on for 7years and it has proven not to even be the solution. With Fical Federalism, nobody or group will have the moral right to cry "marginalisation" or demand extra benefit. Not even the agitators. If they do, they pitch themselves against the local populace and that will mean the beginning of their end.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:13am On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
spekc s...bokes
Nairaland BoT Chairman
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
But Buhari advocated and promised to implement it in 2011. We have having so many challenges that should naturally be solved with FF in place.

You surely know that for FF to happen, the NASS has a bigger role to play.

What I have stated, which I maintain is that it cannot be the only way out. If GMB/APC shows sincere commitment to the numerous challenges of all the federating zones and marshal out plans to resolve them, we will not be clamouring for FF.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2015
Wen i saw d op of dis post, i noticed he/she is anti-APC. So, no need of reading d post bcoz i knw its irrelevant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Young03(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2015
Well, i sit as an audience to watch the event and things dat will happen when#babaonechance took over the office
mayb he has plans for us, who knows?
Bt all dsame sha, i pray it will not result to anoda tin else
barcanista:
I don't think so. The so-called Amnesty was the idea of the Yaradua Government and not part of the demands in the ND. It was meant to calm nerves of agitators and not to bring real time solution to the marginalised oil producing states. The program has been on for 7years and it has proven not to even be the solution. With Fical Federalism, nobody or group will have the moral right to cry "marginalisation" or demand extra benefit. Not even the agitators. If they do, they pitch themselves against the local populace and that will mean the beginning of their end.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Jorussia(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
Why not if a better deal like Fiscal Federalism is on the table?
I support fiscal federalism, but what about our south eastern brothers?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2015
Scrapping the amnesty program may be wrongly interpreted by the locals. The scheme should be restructured instead to resolve the pressing issues affecting the Niger-Delta.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:22am On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Nah! It's not and can never be the ONLY way out.

OK

Tell us another path undecided
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:26am On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

What I have stated, which I maintain is that it cannot be the only way out. If GMB/APC shows sincere commitment to the numerous challenges of all the federating zones and marshal out plans to resolve them, we will not be clamouring for FF.
FF is the long term solution to our problems. However, it will need constitutional amendment for it to scale through which cannot be done in the immediate though the process can be started immediately. If he can show commitment to the numerous challenges and meet the expectation of people, the people can/will trust him and less pressure will be on his government
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:27am On May 07, 2015
Young03:
Well, i sit as an audience to watch the event and things dat will happen when#babaonechance took over the office
mayb he has plans for us, who knows?
Bt all dsame sha, i pray it will not result to anoda tin else
Well, we won't keep quiet for the sake of our development. We will always make case for our collective growth
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:27am On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
The Amnesty program will not be necessary if the government implement FF. In fact, with FF, ND Ministry and NDDC should be scrapped along with the "Amnesty".

Perfect

Once true federalism is implemented, amnesty Nddc etc should waka go

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

OK

Tell us another path undecided
See the other path below:

PassingShot:

barcanista:
FF is the long term solution to our problems. However, it will need constitutional amendment for it to scale through which cannot be done in the immediate though the process can be started immediately. If he can show commitment to the numerous challenges and meet the expectation of people, the people can/will trust him and less pressure will be on his government

2 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:34am On May 07, 2015
Jorussia:
I support fiscal federalism, but what about our south eastern brothers?

Explain more

How does Fiscal Federalism affects SE negatively.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by socialmediaman: 11:37am On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Perfect

And the Niger Deltans will get back to square one where the process started. Where leaders will embezzle most of the money and tell you the money is not enough because other states are sharing it with you. You guys should insist on good governance for once. These governors are too corrupt to effect any development in their states even with 100% derivation

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2015
omenka:
I wouldn't be doing my conscience any good if I ignored this thread just as I do every other initiated by this op.

Still trying hard to promote a useless blog.

May I never progress in my life if I ever click on that link.

Reality is finally hitting a home run with the purveyors of the killer party ripping themselves apart. FFK, David Mark, Muazu, Olisa Metuh, all of them throwing lethal jabs at eachother. Their online scumscrubbers have no choice but to tone down their inane rhetoric and turn into unsolicited advisers.

This is one veiled little baby step in trying to return back to the fold of progress minded individuals. Your antics aren't gonna fly boy. Look for another lease of life. There would be no protection or ministerial aide position for you here.

Save all your advice for the many PDP minions like yourself on this forum. Hard times lie ahead for you lot. You would need those economic advice more than ever.

May God grant you your wishes and may He in his magnanimity allow others to patronise you in equal proportion as you do unto others...Amen...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:40am On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

See the other path below:

Do you know why your ideal is wrong.?

Development , Success , Victory etc are achieve easily when division of labour is encouraged than when one person, arm of government etc handle progress alone.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 11:45am On May 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

And the Niger Deltans will get back to square one where the process started. Where leaders will embezzle most of the money and tell you the money is not enough because other states are sharing it with you. You guys should insist on good governance for once. These governors are too corrupt to effect any development in their states even with 100% derivation

Why didn't Awolowo embezzle the cocoa wealth of Western Nigeria

It is better the blame goes to the son of the soil than it goes to an outsider

Do you know why.?

Because the indigenes will start a revolution against their thieving sons cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:47am On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
Nairaland BoT Chairman

gringrin...wanted to secure my seat first before I read further...nice one there...I have modified my post though...can't comment on your site...why not encourage other brethren to also support the site with articles too...dearpreye and mizmycoli as great writers can be of help cool

2 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:50am On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Thanks to you Op for the write up...Buhari should run a government devoid of propaganda like most APC states and shun vindictiveness...

Now to you; obi4eze : Was Jonathan that plunged all APC states into mind boggling debts...with little or nothing to show for those debts...

Passingshot, if only you understand what constructive criticism is...maybe to you it is only massaging the ego of ruling party through subtle advise as this...otherwise it is met by insults and blackmail by you and fellow minions...

If asking you guys to wait till the right time to criticize policies and actions rather than "criticizing" imaginary programs/policies is asking too much, I don't have any apologies for that.

When we criticized GEJ/PDP, we did so on their facts and figures revealed by their actions not on imaginary and conjured stuffs.

9 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by obi4eze(m): 11:52am On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Thanks to you Op for the write up...Buhari should run a government devoid of propaganda like most APC states and shun vindictiveness...

Now to you; obi4eze : Was Jonathan that plunged all APC states into mind boggling debts...with little or nothing to show for those debts...

Passingshot, if only you understand what constructive criticism is...maybe to you it is only massaging the ego of ruling party through subtle advise as this...otherwise it is met by insults and blackmail by you and fellow minions...
Was it the APC governors that borrowed the monies for the FG?

4 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Rawani: 12:04pm On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Perfect

What do you think was the problem with the NDDC & co? The name or the characters within? Until the SS stops to glorify thugs, militants, bunkerers and looters like Tompolo, Orubebe, Dokubo, Alaibe etc. as regional leaders, the looting, impunity and mismanagement that has plagued and ruined these interventionist agencies will still manifest in whatever fiscal structure you desire.

5 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 07, 2015
omenka:
I wouldn't be doing my conscience any good if I ignored this thread just as I do every other initiated by this op.

Still trying hard to promote a useless blog.

May I never progress in my life if I ever click on that link.

Reality is finally hitting a home run with the purveyors of the killer party ripping themselves apart. FFK, David Mark, Muazu, Olisa Metuh, all of them throwing lethal jabs at eachother. Their online scumscrubbers have no choice but to tone down their inane rhetoric and turn into unsolicited advisers.

This is one veiled little baby step in trying to return back to the fold of progress minded individuals. Your antics aren't gonna fly boy. Look for another lease of life. There would be no protection or ministerial aide position for you here.

Save all your advice for the many PDP minions like yourself on this forum. Hard times lie ahead for you lot. You would need those economic advice more than ever.

You really do nauseate me! When will you change? Just yesterday you made a sensible post on one thread; today you have returned to your habitat!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 12:06pm On May 07, 2015
Rawani:

What do you think was the problem with the NDDC & co? The name or the characters within? Until the SS stops to glorify thugs, militants, bunkerers and looters like Tompolo, Orubebe,,Dokubo etc. as regional leaders, the looting, impunity and mismanagement that has plagued and ruined these interventionist agencies will still manifest in whatever fiscal structure you desire.

Be sincere for once

If Awolowo had rule Western Nigeria on the present fiscal system , do you think he would have achieve anything .

True federalism is better

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Rawani: 12:10pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

May God grant you your wishes and may He in his magnanimity allow others to patronise you in equal proportion as you do unto others...Amen...

Amen.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Jorussia(m): 12:11pm On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Explain more

How does Fiscal Federalism affects SE negatively.
What are the mineral resources in d se that is currently being adequately annexed,apart from IMO and Abia with some amount of crude oil?

5 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2015
obi4eze:
Was it the APC governors that borrowed the monies for the FG?

I am for good governance not blackmail like you do mostly here hence I pointed out your hypocrisy to you...Rochas of Imo state, Aregbesola of osun state etc has messed up the state treasuries notwithstanding Rochas huge allocation while aregbesola gets a modest allocation as compared to states in their cadre like Anambra which isn't an oil producing state yet but doing far better than these APC states with no single debt and is even increasing salary of its workforce by 15% more in the midst of so-called scarcity...

When these APC states mess up, instead of the masses holding them accountable as grassroot government, they shift the blame to FG to hide their lack of leadership and sincerity to electorates...To me, What reason has Rivers state to borrow and even owe workers Lagos state has no reason borrowing as much as it is doing now with nothing to show for it eg $1Billion loan for light rail whose delivery date was July 2013. Till now, there's nothing to show for it and the loan is there to be repaired...But APC and its minions can't see such...they only see Jonathan...ndonu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by omenka(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2015
dearpreye:

You really do nauseate me! When will you change? Just yesterday you made a sensible post on one thread; today you have returned to your habitat!
Go to hell. Do I look like I give a millipedes' rump how you feel?? When did anyone give you an idea I'm here to please you??

Mcheew.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 12:16pm On May 07, 2015
Jorussia:
What are the mineral resources in d se that is currently being adequately annexed,apart from IMO and Abia with some amount of crude oil?

Sorry to inform you.

There is no state that is not rich in mineral resources.

Please goggle the resources of each state
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Rawani: 12:17pm On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Be sincere for once

If Awolowo had rule Western Nigeria on the present fiscal system , do you think he would have achieve anything .

True federalism is better

No doubt, I agree. Nigeria however in her current state is not sustainable practicing FF. Putting the cart in the correct order entails complete diversification of the economy is first pursued and attained with a sustainable framework for exploitation of each regions resources such that there will be no necessity for the "special fund" the OP recommended for struggling states, and there will be healthy economic competition among regions.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 12:22pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am for good governance not blackmail like you do mostly here hence I pointed out your hypocrisy to you...Rochas of Imo state, Aregbesola of osun state etc has messed up the state treasuries notwithstanding Rochas huge allocation while aregbesola gets a modest allocation as compared to states in their cadre like Anambra which isn't an oil producing state yet but doing far better than these APC states with no single debt and is even increasing salary of its workforce by 15% more in the midst of so-called scarcity...

When these APC states mess up, instead of the masses holding them accountable as grassroot government, they shift the blame to FG to hide their lack of leadership and sincerity to electorates...To me, What reason has Rivers state to borrow and even owe workers Lagos state has no reason borrowing as much as it is doing now with nothing to show for it eg $1Billion loan for light rail whose delivery date was July 2013. Till now, there's nothing to show for it and the loan is there to be repaired...But APC and its minions can't see such...they only see Jonathan...ndonu

Perfect

God bless you
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by atlwireles: 12:23pm On May 07, 2015
Calling for fiscal federalism is against everything APC and the incoming government represents. That's not going to happen, their leadership is preparing to run a collect and share "allocation process". 2.3million barrels of crude oil is all they know. Anybody expecting anything different is wasting their time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by BlackTechnology: 12:25pm On May 07, 2015
Rawani:

No doubt, I agree. Nigeria however in its current state is not sustainable practicing FF. Putting the cart in the correct order entails complete diversification of the economy is first pursued and attained with a sustainable framework for exploitation of each regions resources such that there will be no necessity for the "special fund" the OP recommended for struggling states, and there will be healthy economic competition among regions.

The fastest way to

diversify the economy

strengthen the economy

Etc

is through Fiscal Federalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Force To Investigate Mistaken Attack On Soldiers At Mainok / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: Fulanis Are Our Security, Not Our Enemy / Senator Adeola Wins Ogun West Senatorial Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.