Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari (22940 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by zinosleek(m): 2:10pm On May 07, 2015
At least Barcanister had come to realize that GEJ did put the country in a dire situation and it will not be easy for GMB. soon all those blindly supporting this wasteful govt ll see the light

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by trillville(m): 2:11pm On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
The Amnesty program will not be necessary if the government implement FF. In fact, with FF, ND Ministry and NDDC should be scrapped along with the "Amnesty".

I have a personal question for you and all others asking for true federalism. Have you ever been to northern Nigeria before?

People are too poor for you to take their only source of survival from them. They will fight you till you finish them or they finish you.

Nigerians need cheap electricity. We do not need federal government workers. Buhari should follow Ben Bruce's advice and cut public servants income. This should be the very first thing he does as his new government begins. After three months, he should implement the Steve oronsaye's report. The extra savings from firing government staff can then be spent on infrastructure like dams for agriculture and electricity.
Capital expenditure will lead to massive employment in the semi skilled labour market. Electricity and agriculture are the keys to a prosperous Nigeria.

When the price of oil rises again, he can the use the sovereign wealth fund account to save money for the country. Buhari has already affirmed that he is going to look into the subsidy fraud so a lot of savings will be discovered by this action. We need refineries but we may not be able to afford them right now. We should have made hay when the sun was shining. Right now, we are belt tightening so we are in a restructuring phase and our bloated civil service just has to be reduced.

When our real economy is booming, the SS can demand for resource control. Ur idea on scrapping the amnesty program is plain insanity and I can see that you are truly an enemy of progress.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by micktoxin(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2015
Myself2:

And I can see past your blind hypocrisy by suggesting that anybody that voted for PDP voted blindly.Some of us didn't buy that bullshiits scam of an eardrum- irritating satanic chant of change, which is at best a carefully put together article of lies and deceit, so stay on your APC side and allow us stay on our PDP side.
Go back and read my comment and come back with an intelligent/coherent answer. God! Every time I have to argue pedantics on nl, but does 'I wouldn't be surprise' shows any conclusive statements?
Anyways, read my comments again and understand he context.
I am not here to make an argument to support any party. My time is too precious for that.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Eruditor: 2:27pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

The SW has always been the vanguard of campaign for true federalism from time immemorial and evidence abound. So, stop making it sound otherwise. APC was against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism.

Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus and the whole north didn't want him.

APC was against CONFAB because it came at a point when ASUU was on strike and school students where ahome. ASUU were asking for 9B Naira, yet GEJ spent 7B Naira on CONFAB. It was a travesty.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Now I know you are not smart a bit. Did you do Logic or GST in school?

My first sentence = SW supports true federalism.
My 2nd sentence = Reaffirms my first.
My 3rd sentence = APC was against the confab.

Can anyone logically conclude or infere from the two statements above that APC = SW? It is surely a fallacy to say that.

gringringrin nawa for APC and her "smart" chaps...

Whynotthetruth :
Aregbesola has shown it by his inept dependence on oil alone just like Rochas of IMO state too...so also others...and more so, they are against the confab that did a quasi restructuring of the system... More reason, the north wanted Jonathan out so as to kill the report implementation...

PassingShot:
The SW has always been the vanguard of campaign for true federalism from time immemorial and evidence abound. So, stop making it sound otherwise. APC was
against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism.
Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above
average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus and the whole north didn't want him.

Whynotthetruth :
APC is against resource control too as they are against regionalism...hence the reason the north wanted Jonathan out to avoid any chance of its implementation...
and they cashed in on jagaban thirst for power and his people bandwagon allegiance to APC as their own party...

I have addressed this here:

PassingShot:
The SW has always been the vanguard of campaign for true federalism from time immemorial and evidence abound. So, stop making it sound otherwise. APC was
against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism. Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed
beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus
and the whole north didn't want him.

gringrin when I raise an issue about APC and you answer me with stance of SW...what are you inferring? isn't it that they are same as opinion of one is opinion of another...: Dgrin am done here...good pm

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by jmaine: 2:30pm On May 07, 2015
Nice one Barcanista, appears only passingshot in the opposition camp isn't allowing needless and baseless tantrums from past event affect his contributions to the board.

That your blog go grow very well whether people like am or not . . . . .Their clicks are meaningless when you will have thousands of viewers displacing their vengeful opinions about your person

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:30pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

I just listed a handful and you're already being this defensive!

FYI, we generated between 4,000MW and 4,500MW in 2010 (it peaked at 4,600MW). In 2014 it hovered between 3,000 and 3,500 MW and was even recorded at 2,000MW in February of this year.

"Minister for Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, on Wednesday attributed the drop in power generation to vandalism of oil and gas pipelines. The power generation stood at 2,000 megawatts yesterday, he said".

I can see some record where we generated 4000/4500mw in 2010...Finally, where is your evidence that Jonathan didn't perform above average in power sector as well as other sectors...thanks

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Eruditor: 2:33pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You mean FG and all other state's debt put together... Mind you, APC tops the list of debtors...

I keep saying it here that Anambra template as instituted by Peter Obi and sustained now by Obiano shows how a sincere government can run the state leaving behind great infrastructure projects, development, increased salaries etc without a single debt even in the midst of so-called scarcity or reduced allocation; while less developed states with more allocation than them are wallowing in debts cool with nothing on ground to show for it except lies and propaganda...

Even if you say it 20 times a lie will never become the truth. Rochas came out to deny the links claiming he owed teachers for 13 months.

What you fail to understand is that since 2013 GEJ stopped allocating 5-7B per month to Imo state as it used to be. Rochas said he started receiving 2-3B. Same with Amaechi and even Aregbesola complained as well. That is why the FG has to shoulder most of the brunt. The 36 states only share 26% of Nigeria’s revenue. FG gets 52%. If revenue is dwindling then the FG is to blame for the gross mismanagement.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

Ogbeni face the topic at hand and stop throwing insults about like a ten years old kid still sucking his thumb.. Must Barcanister worship the same god you worship?
Taught they said we have one God na
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:41pm On May 07, 2015
Eruditor:

APC was against CONFAB because it came at a point when ASUU was on strike and school students where ahome. ASUU were asking for 9B Naira, yet GEJ spent 7B Naira on CONFAB. It was a travesty.

It's another one of their many reasons. Thanks.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Eruditor: 2:41pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I can see some record where we generated 4000/4500mw in 2010...Finally, where is your evidence that Jonathan didn't perform above average in power sector as well as other sectors...thanks

He campaigned in 2011 and made promises for what will ensue post 2011. He failed to deliver on any of them.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 2:46pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=obi4eze post=33501738]Mr Barcanista,
I can see that you are beginning to change a bit. Well I don't care if you jump ship because I already know who you are.

Now to the issue on ground. You did well to state the way forward but you did not really highlight the failures of this government. The economy under this administration has not seen the light of day. Good luck Jonathan has been wasteful and plunged Nigeria into debt, which now stands at more than 50 billion dollars.

Gen Buhari will have a lot of work to do and you can't talk about a present without a past. He would have to clean up the mess and rot in the system. He would need capable hands to help revamp the economy and sustain it. His social welfare program is laudable and if done in phases, it would be a huge success. Corruption, if fought to a stand - still, will ensure that project funds are not lost to looters.

I have a firm belief in him that he would change things for better. I will be patient with him and pray for his success in governance.

God bless GMB.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. [/quote

I hardly have the motivation to comment on posts on social media, but I was hyper-compelled to comment and commend your sense of reasoning and rare analytical prowess. At some point, I couldn't help but think that every young person out there was void headed. I agree with you that the future is bright with Gen. Buhari (rtd) at the helm. We can only be patient and give him all the supports he needs to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by biodunid: 2:51pm On May 07, 2015
Memos To GMB: No 2 - Revenue - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2285848/memos-gmb-no-2-revenue
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Jorussia(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Sorry to inform you.

There is no state that is not rich in mineral resources.

Please goggle the resources of each state
so if you declare fiscal federalism today,d mineral resources will start yielding revenue that will b enough to sustain these states?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by biodunid: 2:52pm On May 07, 2015
Memos To GMB: No 3 – Education - Education - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2293906/memos-gmb-no-3-education
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2015
Eruditor:

Even if you say it 20 times a lie will never become the truth. Rochas came out to deny the links claiming he owed teachers for 13 months.

What you fail to understand is that since 2013 GEJ stopped allocating 5-7B per month to Imo state as it used to be. Rochas said he started receiving 2-3B. Same with Amaechi and even Aregbesola complained as well. That is why the FG has to shoulder most of the brunt. The 36 states only share 26% of Nigeria’s revenue. FG gets 52%. If revenue is dwindling then the FG is to blame for the gross mismanagement.

Nna, I don't do propaganda and lies like you and Rochas... I follow good governance and constitutionality... Allocation to states are a product of constitutionality not under the whims and caprices of anybody including Jonathan... thanks and good pm...
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by biodunid: 2:53pm On May 07, 2015
Memos To GMB: No 1 - Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2236572/memos-gmb-no-1-corruption
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Acekidc4(m): 2:53pm On May 07, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Grow up. Why is it only you people are rebuking on this thread. Now I expect you to insult me too.

What da Fvck are you Saying Na How Many People are Rebuking me cos I havn't been seeing Mentions!!
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by stebell(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2015
[s]
omenka:
I wouldn't be doing my conscience any good if I ignored this thread just as I do every other initiated by this op.

Still trying hard to promote a useless blog.

May I never progress in my life if I ever click on that link.

Reality is finally hitting a home run with the purveyors of the killer party ripping themselves apart. FFK, David Mark, Muazu, Olisa Metuh, all of them throwing lethal jabs at eachother. Their online scumscrubbers have no choice but to tone down their inane rhetoric and turn into unsolicited advisers.

This is one veiled little baby step in trying to return back to the fold of progress minded individuals. Your antics aren't gonna fly boy. Look for another lease of life. There would be no protection or ministerial aide position for you here.

Save all your advice for the many PDP minions like yourself on this forum. Hard times lie ahead for you lot. You would need those economic advice more than ever.
[/s]

Talking trash as always.
Hater. I'm watching yu.
Your hate for the Ijaw race won't do yu any gud. Keep hating........
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Rexyl(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2015
Buhari will now find himself in the troubled water of political and economic realities, the same realities that drown Jonathan. But Buhari has said he had everything on ground to stay afloat.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Myself2(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2015
micktoxin:

Go back and read my comment and come back with an intelligent/coherent answer. God! Every time I have to argue pedantics on nl, but does 'I wouldn't be surprise' shows any conclusive statements?
Anyways, read my comments again and understand he context.
I am not here to make an argument to support any party. My time is too precious for that.

I SEE THROUGH YOUR HYPOCRISY, resort to semantics and hair splitting all you want, your hypocritical bias is crystal clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2015
anonimi:

Make una come see another story teller who is out of tune with the reality of APC's wayo change that is bound to SHORTchange our fellow citizens =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

In short, based on your un-informed comment, we should expect the "bad government" to continue since na the same same people dey for APC, not so

You're completely wrong!

When I checked the list you put up here, GMB/s and Osinbajo's names were missing and they are the CHANGE AGENTS, not any of those names. They are the ones we'll hold responsible at the end of the day.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 3:07pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin nawa for APC and her "smart" chaps...

Whynotthetruth :
Aregbesola has shown it by his inept dependence on oil alone just like Rochas of IMO state too...so also others...and more so, they are against the confab that did a quasi restructuring of the system... More reason, the north wanted Jonathan out so as to kill the report implementation...

PassingShot:
against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism.
Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above
average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus and the whole north didn't want him.

Whynotthetruth :
APC is against resource control too as they are against regionalism...hence the reason the north wanted Jonathan out to avoid any chance of its implementation...
and they cashed in on jagaban thirst for power and his people bandwagon allegiance to APC as their own party...

I have addressed this here:

PassingShot:
against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism. Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed
beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus
and the whole north didn't want him.

gringrin when I raise an issue about APC and you answer me with stance of SW...what are you inferring? isn't it that they are same as opinion of one is opinion of another...: Dgrin am done here...good pm

Better to ignore your many fallacies!
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by anonimi: 3:08pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:
You're completely wrong!

When I checked the list you put up here, GMB/s and Osinbajo's names were missing and they are the CHANGE AGENTS, not any of those names. They are the ones we'll hold responsible at the end of the day.

I hear you, 29 May is just about three weeks away grin grin
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by anonimi: 3:11pm On May 07, 2015
Jorussia:
so if you declare fiscal federalism today,d mineral resources will start yielding revenue that will b enough to sustain these states?

States that cannot sustain themselves can MERGE with other non-viable states, not so

Abi na by force to stand alone when you nor get stamina ni? grin grin
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by micktoxin(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2015
Myself2:

I SEE THROUGH YOUR HYPOCRISY, resort to semantics and hair splitting all you want, your hypocritical bias is crystal clear
That settles it. You have nothing to offer, but false assertions and accusations. I am hoping guys like you on nl, are not the usual demographics of the average citizens in naija.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by ibietela2(m): 3:25pm On May 07, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The irrepressible Omenka! Well Said!

Guy
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by obi4eze(m): 3:32pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=CoolAmbience post=33509836][/quote]
Thanks.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 07, 2015
stebell:

Talking trash as always.
Hater. I'm watching yu.
Your hate for the Ijaw race won't do yu any gud. Keep hating........
No mind that man jare. His hate will consume him...thanks a lot

Thanks @Jmaine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by meccuno: 3:36pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:
While taking my time to dissect your write-up, let me say kudos to you for finally heeding my advice to play opposition with constructive criticism.

Modified*
Some errors in what you claim APC promised:
1. APC/GMB never promised provision of 24/7 electricity. They only promised to increase power generation/distribution year on year.
2. The 3 million jobs (actually 20,000 jobs per state) is over four years.
3. They didn't promise to "end" corruption but to fight corruption and reduce it to a manageable level
4. All their social programs have conditions attached to them. They are secondary issues and shouldn't be the priority of the incoming government. They may only attend to them when monies are available to prosecute them.

The mistake of GEJ was not only sharing the $25 billion dollars, his failure to utilize our earnings from crude sale is even bigger than sharing the ECA. Besides, you cannot blame the governors for insisting on sharing when they always came back to meet the account depleted without their knowledge and without satisfactory explanation for what the money was used for.

All your suggestions are what GMB/APC have already given an indication that it is the way they will operate by:
1. Blocking leakages
2. Leaner government
3. Persuading NASS to reduce allowances of political office holders
4. Providing incentives to recover looted funds after looking at previous probe reports
5. Merging of some ministries while also eliminating minister of state portfolios.
6. etc., etc.
All in all, the incoming government has shown capacity to do things very differently from the outgoing one.
the 24hrs electricity was among their campaign promises.....I remember seeing these campaign posters all over ikeja especially the bridge close to ayike hospital and watching it on TVC...I don't know where you got your own information from......
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by chemali: 3:37pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:
While taking my time to dissect your write-up, let me say kudos to you for finally heeding my advice to play opposition with constructive criticism.

Modified*
Some errors in what you claim APC promised:
1. APC/GMB never promised provision of 24/7 electricity. They only promised to increase power generation/distribution year on year.
2. The 3 million jobs (actually 20,000 jobs per state) is over four years.
3. They didn't promise to "end" corruption but to fight corruption and reduce it to a manageable level
4. All their social programs have conditions attached to them. They are secondary issues and shouldn't be the priority of the incoming government. They may only attend to them when monies are available to prosecute them.

The mistake of GEJ was not only sharing the $25 billion dollars, his failure to utilize our earnings from crude sale is even bigger than sharing the ECA. Besides, you cannot blame the governors for insisting on sharing when they always came back to meet the account depleted without their knowledge and without satisfactory explanation for what the money was used for.

All your suggestions are what GMB/APC have already given an indication that it is the way they will operate by:
1. Blocking leakages
2. Leaner government
3. Persuading NASS to reduce allowances of political office holders
4. Providing incentives to recover looted funds after looking at previous probe reports
5. Merging of some ministries while also eliminating minister of state portfolios.
6. etc., etc.
All in all, the incoming government has shown capacity to do things very differently from the outgoing one.

Fine, they shared the money. What did GEJ do with his over 50% share?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by ibietela2(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2015
[s]
Edusouls:
everybody have turned into an adviser for buhari, everybody is now expecting buhari to do miracle in one month, to turn around the critical damage done by the heartless, reckless and wicked loot done by good luck and his boys to this nation, this nation is badly compromised beyound repair by jonathan's heart breaking failure, now even those blackmailing him are now telling him what to do...goodluck is a big disgrace to nigeria..
[/s]

Your brothers have been ruling Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu Celebrates Her 15th Birthday Today In Boko Haram's Captivity / Deji Adeyanju Remanded In Prison Till February / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.