Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari (22943 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Simplefaithy(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2015
they ( buhari/osinbajo) did promise uninterrupted power supply 24/7 by 2019 oooooooooo.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Kindly note that you equated SW to APC now by your own accord...but you were denying that SW bandwagon and sheepish following of APC was due to lack of leadership by Jonathan, than their sense of entitlement to APC as their regional party...hence can NEVER see any reason why a Tinubu should he stopped from raping the state cum regional treasury to death through looting...Imagine, APC states construction of one kilometer road at whopping 1billion both in lagos, Edo, etc and their supporters are happy singing them to high heavens...God have mercy...

Please do not force me to believe that you're not as smart as I think.

Which part of my post suggests the bold part? When you have answered that, we can continue talking.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2015
micktoxin:

How old are and why should he be jealous?
You guys are easily impressed.
Jealous of the OP's analytical capabilities, Which he(Omenka) can only dream of, They never appreciate anything good from this guy, even though it's in their favor...to your question, I'm 9 years old. You?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Jonathan's unfulfilled promises are well documented. just take a few of them:
– Deliver stable, constant supply of electricity
– Ensure Nigerians do not use generators more than twice a week
– Explore deposits in Benue and Kogi state to improve power supply
– Raise power generation to 4747MW by December 2011 – Introduce 5-year term budgeting
– Create 1.5 million jobs in 2 years
– Bring industries to Niger Delta
– Strive to revive the Ajaokuta steel complex
– Strive to revive the Itakpe iron company

cheesygrin
In all you were running around same issue...electricity... quit running in circles if you have nothing to say...why not show me how Jonathan hasn't achieved these stuff you stated here up to average as you stated...where were we in 2010 and where are we now in them...I am waiting
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Davvymavvy(f): 1:24pm On May 07, 2015
We don't have to throw jabs at op every time. His write up is apt with little misrepresentation. He did admit the failure of the outgoing president and being a staunch PDP member, you don't expect him to be blunt in labelling GEJ govt. as completely "failed" like APC members will.

Having said that, one cogent point he raised is the idea of fiscal federalism. I am tempted to believe that would solve the problem of economic reality we are facing today and will certainly enhance diversification of the economy through regional values, ideas and result oriented economic policies.

The fear of some people is well understood and that should not be an excuse to maintain a non productive statuo quo. Why should we depend on oil 100%? It is counterproductive if I must say. I want to see a new Nigeria where Westerners will use their education through industrialization to make money and not directly depending on oil proceeds and Northerners embark on modern day agricultural practices. South have something already to fall back on. Time to act!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2015
obi4eze:

Yes sir, your ignorance is bliss. How much does Nigeria owe at the moment?

Where's the evidence of your $50billion loan by Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Kingspin(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:
While taking my time to dissect your write-up, let me say kudos to you for finally heeding my advice to play opposition with constructive criticism.

Modified*
Some errors in what you claim APC promised:
1. APC/GMB never promised provision of 24/7 electricity. They only promised to increase power generation/distribution year on year.
2. The 3 million jobs (actually 20,000 jobs per state) is over four years.
3. They didn't promise to "end" corruption but to fight corruption and reduce it to a manageable level
4. All their social programs have conditions attached to them. They are secondary issues and shouldn't be the priority of the incoming government. They may only attend to them when monies are available to prosecute them.

The mistake of GEJ was not only sharing the $25 billion dollars, his failure to utilize our earnings from crude sale is even bigger than sharing the ECA. Besides, you cannot blame the governors for insisting on sharing when they always came back to meet the account depleted without their knowledge and without satisfactory explanation for what the money was used for.

All your suggestions are what GMB/APC have already given an indication that it is the way they will operate by:
1. Blocking leakages
2. Leaner government
3. Persuading NASS to reduce allowances of political office holders
4. Providing incentives to recover looted funds after looking at previous probe reports
5. Merging of some ministries while also eliminating minister of state portfolios.
6. etc., etc.
All in all, the incoming government has shown capacity to do things very differently from the outgoing one.
Share what? Why cant states source from internal generated revenue or devlop to that rather than this 50years mentality of sharing alone. For many years Nigerian people has been crying and will contiune until the right things are done- restructure the entire system for development not sharing.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2015
Acekidc4:

Must you Talk Back at me like a Foolish Boy Ni You definitely Lack Basic Home training

Grow up. Why is it only you people are rebuking on this thread. Now I expect you to insult me too.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by obi4eze(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Where's the evidence of your $50billion loan by Jonathan
Mr man answer my question. How much in total does the FG owe? Please stop beating about the Bush or do you want me to educate you?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by micktoxin(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
We should give them real opposition (though some of them never gave Jonathan that). As for the "parasite guy", abeg make you leave am. The thread is not to massage the ego of "Change Agents" though but to state opinion for the growth of the nation.
One question based on your narrative 'we should give them..'. Are you a politician? If not, why affiliate yourself with a political party, when the other party could just have a better plan for the nation. (Not saying they do) I wouldn't be surprise if you voted for PDP blindly.
You raised some great point, with fiscal federalism but I just can't see past your bias. Your articles will have a lot more credibility when you start displaying some nuance of neutrality.

6 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:38pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Please do not force me to believe that you're not as smart as I think.

Which part of my post suggests the bold part? When you have answered that, we can continue talking.

gringringrin you aren't smart bro...who wrote this below or do we have your clone here cheesy

PassingShot:
The SW has always been the vanguard of campaign for true federalism from time immemorial and evidence abound. So, stop making it sound otherwise. APC was
against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism.
Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above
average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus and the whole north didn't want him.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:38pm On May 07, 2015
obi4eze:

Mr man answer my question. How much in total does the FG owe? Please stop beating about the Bush or do you want me to educate you?

Kindly educate me plzzz with facts and evidence... thanks Sir...
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Myself2(m): 1:39pm On May 07, 2015
Buhari is so clueless about what he needs to do,,,,,, I suspect that true to his character, he will push Osinbajo to the front
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 07, 2015
omenka:
Go to hell. Do I look like I give a millipedes' rump how you feel?? When did anyone give you an idea I'm here to please you??

Mcheew.

Pleasing me and making sense are two different issues. Just make sense. Seeking every opportunity to malign another is an indication of immaturity.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by obi4eze(m): 1:43pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Kindly educate me plzzz with facts and evidence... thanks Sir...
Go to the DMO website and educate yourself. Then we can talk more.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 1:43pm On May 07, 2015
anonimi:

Make una come see another story teller who is out of tune with the reality of APC's wayo change that is bound to SHORTchange our fellow citizens =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

In short, based on your un-informed comment, we should expect the "bad government" to continue since na the same same people dey for APC, not so

That is what I refer to as busted. grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 07, 2015
Barcanista,

Thank you for your write up. However the incoming administration will not be distracted by the many cooks now trying to spoil the broth with different solutions. We have a group of intellectuals and technocrats working on strategies to address the legion of problems as we take over from the present administration.

We understand that many have thought out their personal solutions to these problems and advised us accordingly such as yourself and Ngozi Iweala. Although we worry why such advise was not given to the present failed government to prevent the comatose state our economy presently finds itself,we appreciate your concerns.

Thank you and God bless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Myself2(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2015
micktoxin:

One question based on your narrative 'we should give them..'. Are you a politician? If not, why affiliate yourself with a political party, when the other party could just have a better plan for the nation. (Not saying they do) I wouldn't be surprise if you voted for PDP blindly.
You raised some great point, with fiscal federalism but I just can't see past your bias. Your articles will have a lot more credibility when you start displaying some nuance of neutrality.

And I can see past your blind hypocrisy by suggesting that anybody that voted for PDP voted blindly.Some of us didn't buy that bullshiits scam of an eardrum- irritating satanic chant of change, which is at best a carefully put together article of lies and deceit, so stay on your APC side and allow us stay on our PDP side.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Jonathan's unfulfilled promises are well documented. just take a few of them:
– Deliver stable, constant supply of electricity
– Ensure Nigerians do not use generators more than twice a week
– Explore deposits in Benue and Kogi state to improve power supply
– Raise power generation to 4747MW by December 2011 – Introduce 5-year term budgeting
– Create 1.5 million jobs in 2 years
– Bring industries to Niger Delta
– Strive to revive the Ajaokuta steel complex
– Strive to revive the Itakpe iron company

Very true, no one is denying them after four years yet, you guys are denying for buhari after just two months. Am sure buhari was @ breast with the problem he was going to face before he made those promises. Now Nigerians can see the true reason why he refused a debate but yet his campaign promises are well documented.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 07, 2015
Myself2:

And I can see past your blind hypocrisy by suggesting that anybody that voted for PDP voted blindly.Some of us didn't buy that bullshiits scam of an eardrum- irritating satanic chant of change, which is at best a carefully put together article of lies and deceit, so stay on your APC side and allow us stay on our PDP side.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Edusouls(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2015
everybody have turned into an adviser for buhari, everybody is now expecting buhari to do miracle in one month, to turn around the critical damage done by the heartless, reckless and wicked loot done by good luck and his boys to this nation, this nation is badly compromised beyound repair by jonathan's heart breaking failure, now even those blackmailing him are now telling him what to do...goodluck is a big disgrace to nigeria..
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin you aren't smart bro...who wrote this below or do we have your clone here cheesy

PassingShot:
The SW has always been the vanguard of campaign for true federalism from time immemorial and evidence abound. So, stop making it sound otherwise. APC was against the confab for suspicions of hidden agenda of PDP/GEJ and not because of opposition to true federalism.
Lastly, drop the idea of "the north wanted Jonathan out". The fact is that GEJ failed beyond pardon and he was voted against by Nigerians. If he performed to just above
average of his promises, he would have remained a president even if all the Tinubus and the whole north didn't want him.

Now I know you are not smart a bit. Did you do Logic or GST in school?

My first sentence = SW supports true federalism.
My 2nd sentence = Reaffirms my first.
My 3rd sentence = APC was against the confab.

Can anyone logically conclude or infere from the two statements above that APC = SW? It is surely a fallacy to say that.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by atlwireles: 1:52pm On May 07, 2015
Myself2:

Thanks
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 1:54pm On May 07, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Very true, no one is denying them after four years yet, you guys are denying for buhari after just two months. Am sure buhari was @ breast with the problem he was going to face before he made those promises. Now Nigerians can see the true reason why he refused a debate but yet his campaign promises are well documented.

I hereby challenge you to list those promises that Buhari or APC has denied? But think twice before you come with outright lies and fabrications!
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by FitnessNigeria: 1:54pm On May 07, 2015
tayebest:
"My advice is just that Nigerian should just be in ease with this incoming government, A country that has been handle by the bad government for the past 16years cannot be build up in a short expectation.
But what I know is that GMB will lay a good governance in Nigeria and for the incoming Government" - senetor-elect on channels tv

Btw. Barcanista why has GEj not have done this in his tenure buh you lay it as a "Must" on GMB

16yrs really? So Nigeria was Eldorado until pdp came?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 1:54pm On May 07, 2015
atlwireles:

That you have no plans for revenue but 2.3M barrels of crude oil. Maybe your cocoa and groundnut will show up overnight.
Hahahaha
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by bjbbt(m): 1:57pm On May 07, 2015
pls what is true federalism? and fiscal federalism?
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by micktoxin(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Jealous of the OP's analytical capabilities, Which he(Omenka) can only dream of, They never appreciate anything good from this guy, even though it's in their favor...to your question, I'm 9 years old. You?

It is very hard to listen to someone with emotionally affiliation to one party, as it tends to cloud their judgement.
I mean we are not in junior high school, so why should someone be jealous of a standard article? Perhaps that comment is a red herring, otherwise it is a childish statement dude.
Anyways, the intention was not a deliberate attack towards you, but to people commenting from the perspective of one party. It's not like the politicians care about anyone on this forum.
People get some perspective.
*Out of here.

1 Like

Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by Forwetinnah: 2:04pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin
boss what's up?

I just dey o...
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 2:04pm On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

I hereby challenge you to list those promises that Buhari or APC has denied? But think twice before you come with outright lies and fabrications!

Barca just did in this very post. Am sure you saw them except if you are preparing to deny them already. Even buhari didn't deny them, he was only being diplomatic about them after he won the election so as to have a getaway card especially now that reality is dawning on him so quit the denial on his behalf.
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesygrin
In all you were running around same issue...electricity... quit running in circles if you have nothing to say...why not show me how Jonathan hasn't achieved these stuff you stated here up to average as you stated...where were we in 2010 and where are we now in them...I am waiting

I just listed a handful and you're already being this defensive!

FYI, we generated between 4,000MW and 4,500MW in 2010 (it peaked at 4,600MW). In 2014 it hovered between 3,000 and 3,500 MW and was even recorded at 2,000MW in February of this year.

"Minister for Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, on Wednesday attributed the drop in power generation to vandalism of oil and gas pipelines. The power generation stood at 2,000 megawatts yesterday, he said".
Re: Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Barca just did in this very post. Am sure you saw them except if you are preparing to deny them already. Even buhari didn't deny them, he was only being diplomatic about them after he won the election so as to have a getaway card especially now that reality is dawning on him so quit the denial on his behalf.

My very first lines in my first post on this thread was to correct his errors. Go back and re-read and stop spewing what you have no knowledge of. Barcanista cannot counter my submission there because he knows he exaggerated those promises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Justice Abang Suspends PDP Convention / Femi Adesina: FG Not Interested In Naming, Shaming Terrorism Financiers / Why I Will Vote For Peter Obi – Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.