Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (55547 Views)

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by mulattoclaro(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Oba gha tokpe eeee! It's in my blood grin proudly Edo! kiss
koyo

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by arazanbal: 8:00pm On May 07, 2015
Buchukwu:
Enough of all this south south, south west jargon, Edo people are Biafrans.

Dnt say what u dnt knw.edo pple xpecialy d binis hav already been in existence b4 9ja was born nor to talk of Biafra,follow history well oo
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by lindiwey: 8:00pm On May 07, 2015
BiniShrine:
:DAre u for real? I. Rep 10 too. Okhe (Ososo)

Whao! Bros I hail o! #Ikpenna

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by macof(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2015
Gejpresident:
God bless edo state

bini kingdom one of d greatest kingdom in Africa

we conquered Yoruba land their first king oduduwa is from benin

oba of benin rule Lagos and name it eko

No doubt Bini was one of Africa's greats but face Bini. Dont bring Yorubaland into ur nonsense
You aren't even Bini or yoruba
Una go dey take panadol for another man headache

Let Yoruba tell it's history

3 Likes

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 07, 2015
akthedream:
Don't mind the drunkard...na by force to join Biafra?

shuo I don tire omo ,, ,, den 1 enter my state tru Delta Igbos, omo na once we cut chain follow dem, dem feet take delta Igbos if dem want, ..... we re nt Biafra dem nor 1 hear word, na wa oo, Hausa/yoruba can't do without us Igbo want us so na only them go they eat oil money with no Hausa man... a beg e

God bless Nigeria., Proudly Urhobo man
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Beface(m): 8:14pm On May 07, 2015
No tribe won carry last for Nigeria sha. Igbo want show, Yoruba want show,Hausa want Hausa and now Edo done join.
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Tennyrank(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
Well, it may be a good try but I definitely observed some misrepresentation and errors. Anyway, let me concentrate on the one way concern me. There is nothing like Sasaru-Enwa. Enwan in Akoko-Edo speaks Ehma some call it Emai . Proudly ENWAN
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
Noneroone:
At the mention of Biafra...grin

get it into ur tick skull we re not Biafra, na force Ni ?, a beg nor spoil this thread 4 my Edo people,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by soonest(f): 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
mulattoclaro:
the British invasion of the benin empire in 1897 led to the destruction of the edo empire and their civilisation.
This is too recent to have caused the devastation he pointed out. Don't you think?
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by skondo09(m): 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
i hv nt evn read d post but op has gotten d wrong numba 4rm d 1st on d list, im 4rm kwara n no Lg bears dt name in kwara, nobdy shld just mak up cramps as thread n feed us wt rubbish

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by macof(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2015
@op thank you very much but no Edoid languages in Kwara state

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by soonest(f): 8:22pm On May 07, 2015
akthedream:
That is true..they can't even live together without qualms..I don't know why majority of them are trouble makers..Only some of them that were born and grew up in the city reason well sometimes...I tire for them o...what pains me most is that other people regards Edo and the rest of the SS as Igbo.that thing dey pain me no be small.
Quit the hate! Edo no near Igbo at all for anything, i mean anything. So stop hyperventilating. You should know the guy that brought out your inherent bile was only trolling!

2 Likes

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 07, 2015
akthedream:
That is true..they can't even live together without qualms..I don't know why majority of them are trouble makers..Only some of them that were born and grew up in the city reason well sometimes...I tire for them o...what pains me most is that other people regards Edo and the rest of the SS as Igbo.that thing dey pain me no be small.

lolz bros nor blame those people, na d way Igbo don boast 4 North and lagos say na dem dey feed Naija, d people believe na, Igbo don deceive Hausa say dem dey produce oil say Hausa man go cum think we make dey produce d oil na Igbo and there land na landlock Ooo..

ever since dem born me I never see any SS true son support Biafra, bt Igbo go dey claim, a beg jst 4get d issue

en en back to the issue Urhobo nor be Edo, Urhobo na Urhobo, We re d 5th larger ethnic group in naija.... so give Urhobo their own respect #biggrin

Urhobo wadoooo
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by opeaceo: 8:23pm On May 07, 2015
Radoillo:

Like the Ekpon, they do not speak an Edo dialect.
The ops list is not comprehensive
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by skondo09(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2015
RUBBISH no source or any proof of authentication. Oyi Lg in Kwara?? fa fa fa foul
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by skondo09(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2015
ChristyG:
There is no place in kwara state where they speak any edo dialect.

i tire 4 d guy o, Oyi ko giri ni

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 07, 2015
mulattoclaro:
it's obvious that if there's anyone who should stop drinking it has to be you. What you just said should be moved to the joke section and see the replies you'll get. Who dash Urhobos 5th largest in Nigeria? Binis in Nigeria and in diaspora if calculated are over 7 million. Are Urhobos more than the Ijaws or even the ikwerres in total population? Are Urhobos more than the Tiv people of Benue? Don't allow tribal sentiment becloud your sense of reasoning. Urhobos that are not more than 2 million in total population are the people you want to compare with the Binis whose empire stretched to lagos and as far as benin republic. Urhobos have always been slaves to the binis and they'll continue to remain slaves.

No u gat it wrong.... we always give edo there maximum respect, cous we migrated from there, bt wen it comes to population we. re more than 5million, Google is ur frnd, cous of our polygamous nature.

we still av Urhobo in Bayelsa , our land is bigger than d Edo land in Edo state,. no doubt we re larger than u guys and popular too
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 07, 2015
OgagaMic:

shuo I don tire omo ,, ,, den 1 enter my state tru Delta Igbos, omo na once we cut chain follow dem, dem feet take delta Igbos if dem want, ..... we re nt Biafra dem nor 1 hear word, na wa oo, Hausa/yoruba can't do without us Igbo want us so na only them go they eat oil money with no Hausa man... a beg e

God bless Nigeria., Proudly Urhobo man
What's this one saying?
Abeg, shift one side and stop giving yourself hope.

Igbo's are not claiming any Delta/Edo state, don't mind that dude dumb comment.
Only Anioma in Delta state and Ikwerre in Rivers state that we acknowledge as Igbo.

Getaway you! undecided

2 Likes

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by PureNigerian: 8:38pm On May 07, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Can any bini historian tell me hw their ancient knigdom managed to dominate other tribes of southern Nigerian and ended up with a small population compared to others??

Was there an ethnic cleansing or sumtin??

I'm just curious

We did it the British way dud.

The British dominated the world with their small population years ago

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 07, 2015
soonest:
Quit the hate! Edo no near Igbo at all for anything, i mean anything. So stop hyperventilating. You should know the guy that brought out your inherent bile was only trolling!

and plss nt only d Edo, other SS nor near Igbos with anything, tell tat ur Igbo peeps who always say SE/SS or SS is Biafra,

tanks and God Bless
.... bt na wa 4 d op ooo, we urhobos re nt Edo thou we migrated from there bt nor 1 bring issue this evening
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by martineverest(m): 8:40pm On May 07, 2015
I hail thee...how d honeymoon dey go
mulattoclaro:
Bros no mind am.
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by JJBROS(m): 8:43pm On May 07, 2015
As an historian, I know d guy dat compiled dis is GOOD. Thump up for u!!!. Ekor.......
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 07, 2015
FrancisTony:

What's this one saying?
Abeg, shift one side and stop giving yourself hope.

Igbo's are not claiming any Delta/Edo state, don't mind that dude dumb comment.
Only Anioma in Delta state and Ikwerre in Rivers state that we acknowledge as Igbo.

Getaway you! undecided

wow.. actually u re d 1st Igbo tat is saying this,, I will b grateful if d rest of u stop calling us Biafra or 1 stupid. lower Niger rubbish,,, we re diff. u can av anioma and ikwere

God bless u, spoke matured, pls educate ur people more on this b4 them go dey disgrace una 4 public forum,...
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by JJBROS(m): 8:52pm On May 07, 2015
ChristyG:
There is no place in kwara state where they speak any edo dialect.

Not kwara state but kogi...Aduge is after Imoga and u can pass thru Ihima in okene to Aduge..
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 07, 2015
OgagaMic:

wow.. actually u re d 1st Igbo tat is saying this,, I will b grateful if d rest of u stop calling us Biafra or 1 stupid. lower Niger rubbish,,, we re diff. u can av anioma and ikwere

God bless u, spoke matured, pls educate ur people more on this b4 them go dey disgrace una 4 public forum,...
Well, Edo is more closer and related to Yoruba than Igbo.
Most people I know call Edo, Yoruba.
My Uncle's wife is Edo and she said that most of the older men in her village answers Yoruba name.
Only newer generation bears Edo name.
By the way, she's from Ake, Owan Local government.

The only states people refer as Igbo in South-South is Rivers and Delta state(not all of them, anyway) owing to the fact that they have Indigineous Igbo population.

5 Likes

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Spactacle(m): 9:01pm On May 07, 2015
barnacle:
proudly owan east

wow... Same here cool
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by saintaustine(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2015
Buchukwu:
Enough of all this south south, south west jargon, Edo people are Biafrans.
. Shut Da Mouth Up. Edo People Can Never Be Biafrans. Edos Are Much More Descent, Well Educated To Be Or To Associate with Biafra "Your Lost World". Shameless Thing.

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by carterkelly1(m): 9:07pm On May 07, 2015
pls i dont understand ur number 5
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 07, 2015
werin we wan use edo state do?

dt dry sickening land angry
Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 07, 2015
mulattoclaro:
it's obvious that if there's anyone who should stop drinking it has to be you. What you just said should be moved to the joke section and see the replies you'll get. Who dash Urhobos 5th largest in Nigeria? Binis in Nigeria and in diaspora if calculated are over 7 million. Are Urhobos more than the Ijaws or even the ikwerres in total population? Are Urhobos more than the Tiv people of Benue? Don't allow tribal sentiment becloud your sense of reasoning. Urhobos that are not more than 2 million in total population are the people you want to compare with the Binis whose empire stretched to lagos and as far as benin republic. Urhobos have always been slaves to the binis and they'll continue to remain slaves.

hahaha...i laugh
bt come tu think of it....
isnt it a shame ur slaves r more prosperous than u r..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:11pm On May 07, 2015
Gejpresident:
God bless edo state

bini kingdom one of d greatest kingdom in Africa
we conquered Yoruba land their first king oduduwa is from benin
oba of benin rule Lagos and name it eko
*laughing* you are just funny! Continue to live your deception blissfully.

1 Like

Re: A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Garrirevenge(f): 9:13pm On May 07, 2015
Edo nu zomo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naomi Oluwaseyi Ogundamisi's Pre-Birthday Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos / Queen Ola Badirat Ajoke Celebrates Her 31st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.