Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived (59518 Views)

11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / 9 Most Influential Nigerian Politicians In 2015 - Takemetonaija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 08, 2015
Springz:

Nairaland is the home of tribalism.

Unfortunately! cry
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by robosky02(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2015
i am looking for ten elder state men (or women) in nigeria pls name any here

click

https://www.nairaland.com/2302001/nigerias-elder-statesmen#down
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by pneumaticos(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2015
Lordave:
Your Iberiberism is limitless!
Even in your utter foolery you failed to note that one of Ekpo's parents was of the Igbo extraction.

Bigoted bingo

Thank you
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by islandmoon: 4:43pm On May 08, 2015
OP, what about STELLA ODUAH ? the first to drive the most expensive BMW? produce a counter thread,

i will soon open a thread, Nigerian looters who deserve to have their names in the Guinness Book of Record for looting.

https://www.nairaland.com/2302434/nigerian-looters-deserve-names-guinness#33544953

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by havennie(f): 4:49pm On May 08, 2015
kaura5000:
Guy wetin be middlebelt? Despite this election your eyes never shine? I bet you hausas and gbagyi have more in common than you berom cannibals... whats the thing in common between an ibb a gbagyi and jonah jang a berom.. you guys are taken this middle belt thing toofar..middlebelt start and end with plateau benue parts of taraba,,..and lastly ladi kwali represents northern nigeria which she is proud of.. stop this attachee.. berom cannibals and gwari are not brothers

Hey Mr Man, stop this trash.
I am a pure Gbagyi girl from Kubwaru, Karu, Nasarawa state. We were formerly part of Plateau state, so we and Plateau people are very related.

For ur info, IBB is not a gwari man, he is a hausa settler who claims Minna as his origin just as many hausas do in Minna.
They migrate from Sokoto, Zamfara or Katsina and come to Minna and start claiming indigeneship and because many of my Gwari brothers in Minna are muslims, they accept and intermarry these hausas.

But that doesn't change the fact that we Gwari christians are more than the Gbagyi muslims.
In Fct, in Nasarawa and Southern Kaduna, most of we the Gbagyis, Gbaris are christians. It is in Niger state where we share a 50/50 population.

We gbagyis share more in common with our fellow middlebelt tribes (Nupe, Igala, Eggon, Alago, Berom) more than any Hausa-fulani, pls never make that mistake!

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Bowaley17(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2015
Good Women. Wish Nigeria girls will learn from them.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Fellonigerians: 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
Queen Amina of Zaria...
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nowenuse: 4:55pm On May 08, 2015
kaura5000:
Guy wetin be middlebelt? Despite this election your eyes never shine? I bet you hausas and gbagyi have more in common than you berom cannibals... whats the thing in common between an ibb a gbagyi and jonah jang a berom.. you guys are taken this middle belt thing toofar..middlebelt start and end with plateau benue parts of taraba,,..and lastly ladi kwali represents northern nigeria which she is proud of.. stop this attachee.. berom cannibals and gwari are not brothers

See this mumu. IBB is a hausa immigrant to Minna.
find out, he is not a real Gbagyi man.

Middlebelt is real, middlebelt is pure and middlebelt is one. Tell us the most influential hausa-fulani woman thay ever lived, dont claim Gbagyi because FCT indigenes are not hausas, they are pure middlebelters.
All these majority groups, igbos n Hausas are the same, always trying to claim minority groups.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 08, 2015
You seem to have grown up with Margaret to have know that she was more Efik than Igbo, she doesn't have paternal uncles and cousins?when she was living at Aba, hope she was using Efik to communicate with Umu Nwanyi Aba? I see your write up as delusion inspired
havennie:

Hey, take it easy. U are the one over reacting here.
Nobody is trying to take away Margaret Ekpo's paternity away from her, all they are stating is the obvious.
Your paternity is not what determines who u are in life. Your upbringing, your maternity and your spouse (marriage) affects u just as your paternity affects u. So it's 3 odds against one

Margaret Ekpo's upbringing - Efik-Ibibio
Her Maternity - Efik-Ibibio
Her marriage. - Efik-Ibibio
Her native language/mother's tongue. - Efik
Her Paternity. - Igbo

4 against 1, so Ibibio-Efik wins. LoL *winks*
(just pulling your legs)

5 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
It's so nice what feminism has helped achieve.

Beautiful women, who have left their names imprinted in time.

What is Feminism please?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by freecocoa(f): 5:05pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

What is Feminism please?
Simply put, a movement set to achieve equal political, social, economic, cultural and personal rights for women.

2 Likes

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 08, 2015
Nowenuse:
Also, based on the 5 major human geographical divisions we have in Nigeria

The Core-northern part of Nigeria, the Middlebelt part, Eastern, Western & Niger deltan

Let's say Margaret Ekpo represents the Niger deltan region as an Ibibio
Ladi Kwali represents the Middlebelt region as a Gbagyi woman
& Funmilayo Kuti represents the Western (yoruba speaking region)

I'd like to hear from Igbos (easternerns) and the Hausa-fulanis (core-northernerns), who are the most influential Igbo & Hausa-fulani women that ever lived??
u tribalistic slowpoke,was dis d reason u posted this,Ekpo had an igbo parent,and mind u those are not d 5 major divisions of nigeria,go and restudy ur geography. Ewu, i malo ife
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by DollyParton1(f): 5:09pm On May 08, 2015
eaglechild:
Are the Ransome Kutis really Nigerians?

They are actually Creole that resettled in Lagos colony.

Errrm the Rasome Kutis are Egba Indigenes. They are not connected to Lagos in any form.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by islandmoon: 5:09pm On May 08, 2015
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2015
Twaci:
Not by beauty but brains cheesy. These women are remembered till date because they stood for their rights. Intelligence coupled with dillegence paves the way to a successful future. I want to be remembered like them, girls do you?

One day i pray not only nigeria but d world wil remember u 4 ur great achievement
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Simply put, a movement set to achieve equal political, social, economic, cultural and personal rights for women.

Now How does those women surface in that definition... Considering the goal of this thread.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Twaci(f): 5:19pm On May 08, 2015
Irohjohnpaulc:

One day i pray not only nigeria but d world wil remember u 4 ur great achievement
Thanks a lot smiley
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by freecocoa(f): 5:30pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Now How does those women surface in that definition... Considering the goal of this thread.
The question doesn't make any sense but I'll oblige you, feminism helped those women achieve what they were able to.

Whatever the goal of the thread is no business of mine.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kaura5000: 5:30pm On May 08, 2015
See this cannibals... whats is it worth to claim berom and gwari.. when I know I surpassed you guys in every indices... ibb is not hausa he is gwari for saying gwari are close to berom.. you should tell that to late senator dahiru awaisu kuta and millions of muslim gwari who outnumbered the Christians... fools
havennie:

Hey Mr Man, stop this trash.
I am a pure Gbagyi girl from Kubwaru, Karu, Nasarawa state. We were formerly part of Plateau state, so we and Plateau people are very related.
For ur info, IBB is not a gwari man, he is a hausa settler who claims Minna as his origin just as many hausas do in Minna.
They migrate from Sokoto, Zamfara or Katsina and come to Minna and start claiming indigeneship and because many of my Gwari brothers in Minna are muslims, they accept and intermarry these hausas.
But that doesn't change the fact that we Gwari christians are more than the Gbagyi muslims.
In Fct, in Nasarawa and Southern Kaduna, most of we the Gbagyis, Gbaris are christians. It is in Niger state where we share a 50/50 population.
We gbagyis share more in common with our fellow middlebelt tribes (Nupe, Igala, Eggon, Alago, Berom) more than any Hausa-fulani, pls never make that mistake!
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by jamalchance(m): 5:31pm On May 08, 2015
SeverusSnape:
4.[size=14pt]PATIENCE JONATHAN[/size]

5. NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA

6. [size=14pt]ASA[/size]

Hope u noticed that the women from the previous list are all dead
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
The question doesn't make any sense but I'll oblige you, feminism helped those women achieve what they were able to.

Whatever the goal of the thread is no business of mine.

You don't know the meaning of Feminism mate
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kaura5000: 5:35pm On May 08, 2015
Mr op why not tell us from your own berom cannibals who were staying unclad in caves before europeans came.. how about that?
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by freecocoa(f): 5:40pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

You don't know the meaning of Feminism mate
Lmao.grin
You are one to say.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Lmao.grin
You are one to say.

Rogered
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 08, 2015
kaura5000:
Mr op why not tell us from your own berom cannibals who were staying unclad in caves before europeans came.. how about that?

Be civil mate
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 5:50pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:

Nobody is trying to take away Margaret Ekpo's paternity away from her, all they are stating is the obvious.
Your paternity is not what determines who u are in life. Your upbringing, your maternity and your spouse (marriage) affects u just as your paternity affects u. So it's 3 odds against one

Her Paternity. - Igbo

(just pulling your legs)

You are uneducated and most of ,bias and twisted in the mind. You lack the antecedents of life.

How did you jump all the threads before mine that was clearly to ease the tribal nonsense ensuing ? If the rubbish I quoted is your formal yardstick and analysis to determine one's origin then you re better left in a tinapa cage.

Mother tongue? So you think her mom's language is the mother tongue.

And she didn't spend in reasonable amount of her growing years in aba or did you skip the original post and hurriedly quote me in defiance to your ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by kaura5000: 5:54pm On May 08, 2015
I won't.. can't you see what he wrote
Freemanan:

Be civil mate
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 08, 2015
kaura5000:
I won't.. can't you see what he wrote

His opinion... You should respect that... Two fools can't make a sage nau... #hides
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by PreciousBro: 6:03pm On May 08, 2015
havennie:

Her Paternity. - Igbo
(just pulling your legs)

This your post advances parental segregation and it eludes the truth in many ways and its a reference to your talent in domestic bias.

She was of igbo- paternity and you just managed to evade her paternity side just because her father died early hence giving whole credit to her maternity side as though that is the sole power behind her up-bringing. Surely I need not ask if you were with her while growing as I can see you are mother methuselah abi.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by eaglechild: 6:06pm On May 08, 2015
ChristyG:
pls don't embarass urself
they are Nigerians.funmilayo ancestors were one of the slaves who returned to abeokuta.the are egba yorubas who returned home.they are not Creole.kuti is a popular egba name in abeokuta.they are not Creole either..u should know that ransome and kuti are different families.and returned slaves not only lived in Lagos but also in abeokuta(those that have egba roots).
I don't expect ur Ibo brain to understand but that is the real truth.am sure u saw egba and abeokuta and not lagos
Was actually referring to Fumilayo.

His father was a grandfather was Creole(Saro).
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by eaglechild: 6:08pm On May 08, 2015
DollyParton1:

Errrm the Rasome Kutis are Egba Indigenes. They are not connected to Lagos in any form.
Fumilayo is a Creole (Saro) descendant.

Francis Abigail Olufunmilayo Thomas was born on 25
October 1900, in Abeokuta . Her father was a son of
a returned slave from Sierra Leone.
Re: The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived by freecocoa(f): 6:08pm On May 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Rogered
Get over yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ganduje Giving Kwankwaso A Ride On A Bike In 1981 (Throwback Photo) / Asari Dokubo Mocks Nnamdi Kanu Over Arrest: "I Promised I'll Smoke You Out" / Ned Nwoko Gifts Regina Daniels ₦27 Million For Christmas (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.