Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,961 members, 7,838,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy (14599 Views)

El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Open Letter To Mr. President-elect, Buhari - By Charly Boy / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Sultan Group Tells Bishop Oyedepo And Ex-Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by babajero(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Of all the sensible people on earth and you expect me to read or believe what baba weyrey is saying ?
if you are sensible enough you will know he said something reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Gr8amechi: 11:54pm On May 08, 2015
I beg sincerely to disagree with the argument, in as much as we claim credibility we should know that Nigeria as a complex whole is polarised there should not be crowding of power within a particular geopolitical zone, if what he is saying is true that means, the north can produce the president. vice presidential, senate president. speaker of HOR and the deputies, let's be honest if that happens this country will explode let's not reason with our "an*s" I for one believe in zoning and if it is well sort out without so much personal interest it will create a perfect combination
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by 247notire(m): 11:54pm On May 08, 2015
But if zoning is stopped and emphasis is laid on competence, I think it would Favour a particular region more, the south that is. There should be zoning to accommodate deficiencies but it ought to be in a much more lower percentage. Maybe 70% Competence to 30% accommodation, i.e Voting
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 08, 2015
SkyBlue1:
I fully concur. If Jonathan had a 100% Ijaw cabinet and performed fantastically well for all Nigerians, right thinking people wouldn't have cared. Heck if he gave Nigeria stable electricity his cabinet could have been made up of monkeys for all the people would care. The zoning of posts only affects the lives of a very very select few group of people from the "region" the positions are "zoned" to. We should start getting smarter and putting more emphasis on results and competence, not some false sense of "regional pride" attached to some man from your part of the country holding a ministerial role - competent or not. Surely we don't have such low self esteems that we tie our sense of self worth to such petty things, do we?

Thank you! As if it matters.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Kayendy(m): 11:57pm On May 08, 2015
Hmmmmm.... r u really sure dis statement came from him?.... nice one though... seriously appointments shld be based on merits andd qualification noot zoning nor how hard u worked in d election but it's not gonna happen sha
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Tbillz(m): 12:07am On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
I am 1000% sure you never read the article. I stand to be corrected
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Champele(m): 12:09am On May 09, 2015
Kelvin3028:
Shekarau talking about 'Equality btw men and women, Obasanjo selling beauty powder...
Orubebe preaching politeness,
ChARLY BOY TALKING POLITICS...FROM HIS CASKET BED... I laff...
its about what he write,not from where he wrote it,or who wrote it.Try to make sense of something before he critize it.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by gaffig: 12:36am On May 09, 2015
prelinctus:

See how you are insulting someone that is old enough to be your father. Smh
oh so ur father will be as old as bearing ..... BOY?mtscheeeww
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by M4gunners: 1:00am On May 09, 2015
Area Father weldon you kill it.The purpose of electing anyone id to represent so APC you guys should change everything changeable.As of one Mumu wen dey call person mumu, just because you are not seeing him face to face abi?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 1:29am On May 09, 2015
If zoning was removed and competency used, Igbos will dominate everything. Just as they have dominated Super Eagles.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by sylviaeo(f): 1:38am On May 09, 2015
pls Charlie, wen it comes to this I strongly disagree
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by stephenqueen: 1:43am On May 09, 2015
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by danny301: 2:44am On May 09, 2015
Nigerians and hypocrisy!... We all saw the voting pattern in the just concluded general election how Nigerians (especially core north and the old Eastern region) voted purely on ethnic line with little or no regard for competence, yet the same people turned around and asked APC to jettison zoning and go for competence, what an irony!
What I think is that when a typical Nigerian talks about competence in political matters, what he thinks is that the people from his own side of the divide are they competent ones... If it goes their way it's okay, but if goes the other way it is bad. We must be sincere to/with ourselves and stop claiming to be who we are not.

I feel politics is not about copying what is happening in America or UK. Every society/country should figure out what is workable amongst its people and practice it instead of insisting that what is obtainable in the US must be practiced in Nigeria when we know that we are different people. After all, "democracy is a government of the people, for the people and by the people". The whole thing is about the people, so if zoning is the system that suits Nigeria( and I know it is), then, there is
nothing bad practicing it. I have always maintained that every zone/section of the country has more than enough competent hands for any position no matter technical or important it is, hence zoning does not necessarily breed incompetence.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Mcowubaba: 3:12am On May 09, 2015
Raiders:
APC need to stop this zoning politics.. They should learn from pdp mistakes. The best people should be selected irrespective of their geopolitical zone
due to the sensitive nature nd mentality of most Nigerians it will be hard to stop, for example if a tribe sees or observes that the have lesser appointments or positions than other tribes, the will start crying Marginalization, impartiality, oppostion bla bla bla.... Nd moreover Nigerian constitution promotes Quote system formula..to change that will not be easy...so it is neither APC's fault or Pdp's fault..,,but lemme ask u; hw will u feel if ur tribe has the least no of appointment nd position in d country, won't u be like 'na only my tribe people no d qualified to be appointed'
so its not easy....
I support Technocrats nd competence over Ethnicity anytime anyday.... But most Nigerians don't care, the just want their brother or sister to be there sad
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:38am On May 09, 2015
This boy was among the people that didn't see anything good in APC, and Buhari in particular, before March 28. He should just hold his peace.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by TheEqualizer: 4:06am On May 09, 2015
How can a grown azz man call himself a boy especially a grandpa phaggot? Fccking weirdo.

Better stick to zoning, phag. If not, based on how the country is structured, the South May never rule again, Charly overgrown boy and grandpa phag.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by henryadex(m): 4:20am On May 09, 2015
FORWARD MARCH NIGERIA!!!!!!!!

DO YU NEED GRADUATION GOWNS TO BUY OR RENT
GO THIS LINK: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/My%20Documents/GRADUATION%20GOWN%20AFFAIRS%20-%20About%20-%20Google+.html
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by mascot87(m): 4:44am On May 09, 2015
What is area foool talking about undecided
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Bollinger(m): 4:59am On May 09, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

You hate women because they are all whores? does that include your mum?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:12am On May 09, 2015
Bollinger:

You hate women because they are all whores? does that include your mum?

oloriburuku so u cant read that simple thing? mumu
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Qrisful: 5:19am On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy

You are more of mumu, because if you are wise, we will hear your name rather you are a retard without direction #Ewu

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by dallyemmy: 5:38am On May 09, 2015
So much sentiment instead of being objective in our thinking. I love the football anology used by him. Position should be about competence. Look at UK and USA who we claim to be copying politically there is nothing like this our zoning headache, people are appointed into offices base on competence, results and nothing else!

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by peedeeasobie(m): 5:41am On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy

Why can't you discuss the issues raised rather than insulting him?

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Bollinger(m): 5:44am On May 09, 2015
searching4lovee:

oloriburuku so u cant read that simple thing? mumu

So sorry i misread your original post. It bothers you that all women are whores. Does that include your mum?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:51am On May 09, 2015
naija8080:
If zoning was removed and competency used, Igbos will dominate everything. Just as they have dominated Super Eagles.

This is exactly the problem.... Igbos will dominate if... Igbos will fare better if.... So if they head everything, does that mean Nigeria is in save hands?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Henrypraise41(m): 5:56am On May 09, 2015
prelinctus:

Oga, correct these mistakes quickly.
I have already done that sir, thanks.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by jouchmaleo: 5:57am On May 09, 2015
dey Don zone me out of scheme of things. diaris godoòoo ooo

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by emmanuelcrawler(m): 5:59am On May 09, 2015
kings09:
Charly boy, its none of ur biz. Wen Pdp had it u ddnt complain so same silence shld be observed during Apc regime.
when will u have sense for god's sake, did you read the post at all or u jst comented.
with sperm wastage like u, 9ja no get hope ooo
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by phabulux: 6:11am On May 09, 2015
shedrack222:

Article written by Charly Boy. Read below and share your thoughts

Really been thinking about this zoning thing since this APC drama on it and wondering why we have allowed this to eat so deep into our system that at every quarter, it always raises its head. To think that the Change agents everyone has been clamoring about are back to the same issue of zoning formulas and reports have it that it is fast wreaking havoc is a high. It makes me wonder why zone in the first place?

The 360 states in the house of assembly, is it not enough representation for any quarter of the nation. Why do we need to complicate issues further because one would have thought the primary concern when it comes to appointment should be competence? We have tried this zoning thing over and again but what better has it done us because I hear someone say it helps to foster unity and participation.

I think the divides are more obvious now with this whole zoning thingy than it was with our founding fathers. I’m probably going to rest this argument by drawing this analogy; Take a look at our team called Super Eagles! Has anybody ever asked that positions in our football team be distributed across zones, or that the position of the captain, or coach for that matter, be rotated between North and South, etc? That I think is clearly because everyone is more interested in the team winning. I ask myself why do we want this win so badly? What is the price at stake? A piece of metal called trophy I suppose.

How about the Struggle to alleviate poverty staring at our face? How about the fight to educate millions of Almajiri? How about the fight to eradicate polio and reduce maternal mortality to negligible numbers? How about the fight to increase power generation seven fold by 2020? We have so much more at stake in these fights that the Super Eagle will ever have yet we let something as flippant as zoning take the Centre stage over competence. So, how is it we can demand that the coach pick out best 23 for the World Cup, and yet tolerate less in our Government? I hope posterity does not judge us for our lack of objectivity and sentiments instead.

Source--[url]proudlyweb.com/zoning-formulas-our-polity-by-charly-boy[/url]

Cc::: lalasticlala

I don't believe this.

Charly Boy can't be this iin-articulate.

Poor syntax! Poor control of grammar!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC NWC Writes Hon Jibrin To Keep Evidence Away From Public Domain (pix) / Pictures From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Kebbi State / Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.