Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,239 members, 7,842,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy (14600 Views)

El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Open Letter To Mr. President-elect, Buhari - By Charly Boy / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Sultan Group Tells Bishop Oyedepo And Ex-Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by egbaguy: 6:21am On May 09, 2015
This thread reeks of hypocrites.....Nigeria is a multiethnic country......imagine the president,vp,senate president,speaker,all ministers being from the north.....u think people in d south will b happy? Thing is,zoning aint bad so far each person representing a zone is fully capable. No zone in the country doesnt have credible and competent guys
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by phabulux: 6:21am On May 09, 2015
naija8080:
If zoning was removed and competency used, Igbos will dominate everything. Just as they have dominated Super Eagles.

How old is this ba-s-tard?

My seven years old nephew must be credited with more common sense than this.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by globatop: 6:34am On May 09, 2015
I would have subscribed to scrapping of zoning, but Nigerians are still far behind other developed city of the world. We are always particisan and self Conscious , we believed projects can only be evenly distributed if positions are zoned.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by ideykwum: 6:42am On May 09, 2015
Sadly, Nigerians would still care, in our current mindset! Nepotism, tribalism and petty jealousies have eaten up our integrity and desire for excellence! I mean, how else can you explain the Lagoon fiesta?

SkyBlue1:
I fully concur. If Jonathan had a 100% Ijaw cabinet and performed fantastically well for all Nigerians, right thinking people wouldn't have cared. Heck if he gave Nigeria stable electricity his cabinet could have been made up of monkeys for all the people would care. The zoning of posts only affects the lives of a very very select few group of people from the "region" the positions are "zoned" to. We should start getting smarter and putting more emphasis on results and competence, not some false sense of "regional pride" attached to some man from your part of the country holding a ministerial role - competent or not. Surely we don't have such low self esteems that we tie our sense of self worth to such petty things, do we?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by k4kings(m): 6:43am On May 09, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided
baba u gay
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by timilehing(m): 6:43am On May 09, 2015
Good things small sense still dey dis grandpa head o
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by ideykwum: 6:46am On May 09, 2015
Bros, did you read his article well? He emphasized meritocracy not a fictitious population based superiority! Merit over other sentiments would always find the North losing out!!! This is a valid truth!

Gr8amechi:
I beg sincerely to disagree with the argument, in as much as we claim credibility we should know that Nigeria as a complex whole is polarised there should not be crowding of power within a particular geopolitical zone, if what he is saying is true that means, the north can produce the president. vice presidential, senate president. speaker of HOR and the deputies, let's be honest if that happens this country will explode let's not reason with our "an*s" I for one believe in zoning and if it is well sort out without so much personal interest it will create a perfect combination
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Mbediogu(m): 6:48am On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy

You call him mumu? Did u understand the issues, analogy and analysis raised by him? Are you one of the jobless e-scavengers foraging the internet, looking for what to say whether u understand or not? He is right on point here.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by san316(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2015
I agree with Charly boy. However, everybody is culpable. From the APC primaries till date, APC has always measured public opinion before deciding on issues in the party. Take for instance the search for a VP as regards the muslim-muslim ticket issue.

If appointments and positions are not reflecting zoning, groups and individuals will come out and scream to high heavens that they have been marginalized.

The way out is, even if positions will be zoned, competency must be the second condition for appointing people. It is nothing to be fought over.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 6:52am On May 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Of all the sensible people on earth and you expect me to read or believe what baba weyrey is saying ?

What makes u better than him or more sensible than him?
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by lexy2014: 6:54am On May 09, 2015
Mcowubaba:
due to the sensitive nature nd mentality of most Nigerians it will be hard to stop, for example if a tribe sees or observes that the have lesser appointments or positions than other tribes, the will start crying Marginalization, impartiality, oppostion bla bla bla.... Nd moreover Nigerian constitution promotes Quote system formula..to change that will not be easy...so it is neither APC's fault or Pdp's fault..,,but lemme ask u; hw will u feel if ur tribe has the least no of appointment nd position in d country, won't u be like 'na only my tribe people no d qualified to be appointed'
so its not easy....
I support Technocrats nd competence over Ethnicity anytime anyday.... But most Nigerians don't care, the just want their brother or sister to be there sad
Bros u got it spot on but in terms of tribe not being represented in d federal cabinet, it really doesn't matter. If we understand how d system works we wouldn't cry marginalisation. First of all every tribe can't b in federal cabinet hence we have reps in d national assembly on our behalf. Again, we have govs and their state cabinets in addition state houses of assembly. Thirdly, there is d LG chairman and his councillors. These offices are more impt in meeting d needs of d people. We aren't even interested in making all these work, we are running after ministerial slot when we have a gold mine in our backyards. In actual fact, those championing marginalisation are d politicians who don't have access 2d goodies. They aren't interested in service

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by betty202020(m): 6:59am On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
At the hearing of the name charley boy u start to shiver. i am sure u didnt read the massage, or u read and ur brain was beclouded by sentiment that u cannot understand simple massage. the man u called mumu is more intelligent than ur senator.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by duality(m): 7:13am On May 09, 2015
Sorry, but in the politics of Nigeria, realistically speaking we must zone.

I believe in zoning. I had always advocated for proper and well managed zoning.

Those who were silent on PDP zoning in 2011 claiming it was a PDP thing are in presently scheming to benefit from zoning.

Let's be realistic.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by MeAboki(m): 7:18am On May 09, 2015
linkin8k:
What he said is true but tribalism won't let competence to rule over zoning.

True talk, tribalism is the bane of our lack of progress and the main obstacle preventing us from true democracy.

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by solarmanng: 7:37am On May 09, 2015
fritiyo:
Can anything good come out of this nigger.

You have a problem, it is either you can't read or you need to visit Yabaleft. The entire piece should be commended because it is total shift from ethnic and religious sentiments that has bedeviled our dear country in recent times.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by obiak4(m): 7:40am On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
why disgrace your self brov whistle something into your ear yeah you think about it
I walk away
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by obiak4(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2015
Raiders:
APC need to stop this zoning politics.. They should learn from pdp mistakes. The best people should be selected irrespective of their geopolitical zone
NIGERIA'S ALWAYS GIVE THE BEST TO THE UN-INSPIRER,THEY NEED TO GET A BRAIN SCAN FOR THE VIRUS..................MY PUNCH LINES RAPPERS BEWARE CAREAT EMPTOR
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by kings09(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2015
emmanuelcrawler:

when will u have sense for god's sake, did you read the post at all or u jst comented.
with sperm wastage like u, 9ja no get hope ooo
Mumu..read d 1st paragraph n u ll knw whr my comments came frm. See person wey de form reader. Even common sense suppose tel u say my comments wr specific on a particular paragraph of d whole article. Hw com he started his article wit APC n not PDp. Thr4 use magnifying glass n search ur brain cos u ll find out,coMmon sense z missing. #Ode
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by fritiyo: 8:23am On May 09, 2015
solarmanng:

You have a problem, it is either you can't read or you need to visit Yabaleft. The entire piece should be commended because it is total shift from ethnic and religious sentiments that has bedeviled our dear country in recent times.

perhaps, u need Yebaleft u mention more than me bro.

No beef seriously. U may be right in the in terms of what the area boy put up dia sa.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Gr8amechi: 8:31am On May 09, 2015
ideykwum:
Bros, did you read his article well? He emphasized meritocracy not a fictitious population based superiority! Merit over other sentiments would always find the North losing out!!! This is a valid truth!

see one thing you fail to acknowledge is politics especially democracy is a game of numbers not just about merit, being honest with you Nigeria Is a very polarised state and power sharing is the best for us, you can't say there is no body worthy of a national assignment in each region, that's a big lie, I am from the south but I respect our brother from the north they are humans and intellectuals among them also
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by pazienza(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2015
Gr8amechi:
I beg sincerely to disagree with the argument, in as much as we claim credibility we should know that Nigeria as a complex whole is polarised there should not be crowding of power within a particular geopolitical zone, if what he is saying is true that means, the north can produce the president. vice presidential, senate president. speaker of HOR and the deputies, let's be honest if that happens this country will explode let's not reason with our "an*s" I for one believe in zoning and if it is well sort out without so much personal interest it will create a perfect combination

A confirmation of the Zoological republic of Nigeria disunity and hopelessness.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by bongotv(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2015
This is something for Nigerians to think about. Good talk, Charllee bros.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by bongotv(m): 9:15am On May 09, 2015
We need a winning team not bunch of sky lackers born out of zones.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by ideykwum: 9:21am On May 09, 2015
I agree with you that there are intellectuals in the North too, but on a prorata basis, they would be drowned by the sea of equally qualified people down here!

I'm also totally against the current population figures!! It's a fraud of large proportions that would be effectively challenged someday!

Gr8amechi:
see one thing you fail to acknowledge is politics especially democracy is a game of numbers not just about merit, being honest with you Nigeria Is a very polarised state and power sharing is the best for us, you can't say there is no body worthy of a national assignment in each region, that's a big lie, I am from the south but I respect our brother from the north they are humans and intellectuals among them also
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Mcowubaba: 9:32am On May 09, 2015
lexy2014:
Bros u got it spot on but in terms of tribe not being represented in d federal cabinet, it really doesn't matter. If we understand how d system works we wouldn't cry marginalisation. First of all every tribe can't b in federal cabinet hence we have reps in d national assembly on our behalf. Again, we have govs and their state cabinets in addition state houses of assembly. Thirdly, there is d LG chairman and his councillors. These offices are more impt in meeting d needs of d people. We aren't even interested in making all these work, we are running after ministerial slot when we have a gold mine in our backyards. In actual fact, those championing marginalisation are d politicians who don't have access 2d goodies. They aren't interested in service
you have said it all....we don't hold other tiers of Government accountable..people dnt even knw that there is LGA road(ie roads that an LGA suppose to maintain) most LGA's are ghost workers..personally my friend who works @ my LGA, lives in Abuja..can u imagine..
Funny enough, those our 'so called' representatives only represent themselves, their associates nd family members...i don't even knw why people fight nd even die for themsad....maybe just to feel the SENSE OF BeLONGING(na my broda d dia)...
No disrespect to almajiris nd northerners; but if u take a look u will realise that the have ruled more than any other region, the have more appointments, position, anything good name it....but how is their region nd people
I wonder wen Positions will start to favour the Ordinary man in the streetssad ....let us watch out for this new adminstrationgrin
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by themanderon: 9:49am On May 09, 2015
prelinctus:

Oga, correct these mistakes quickly.
Oga you no get work, make u dey there dey find people mistakes you hear. At least he was able to pass his message across. The sooner you understand that English is not your language the better for you, the Asian tigers don't speak English yet they are miles ahead of you. Think about that.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by Gr8amechi: 10:02am On May 09, 2015
pazienza:

A confirmation of the Zoological republic of Nigeria disunity and hopelessness.
can't you be civil for once need you insult?? let's be honest even within our South South states there is that tendency for power sharing the truth is equity breeds peace
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by mrtheo33: 12:11pm On May 09, 2015
iykofias:
Mumu boy
do u see how unreasonable u can be?
You called him "mumu" cos ur myopic mind has been so beclouded dat u have lost ur actual sense of reasoning.
Tell me if dis guys are afta d unity of nigeria like d founding fathers, why should zone or ethnic group supercede competence? Whereas we claim to be one nigeria. D measure 4 consideration should be that he/she is: 1st a nigerian, 2ndly competent.
A nigerian should be a nigerian and should work 4 d general interest nigeria irrespective of zone/ethnic affliation.
So, #charleboy# is 100% right. It's nt abt APC bt NIGERIA.
Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by lexy2014: 12:41pm On May 09, 2015
Mcowubaba:
you have said it all....we don't hold other tiers of Government accountable..people dnt even knw that there is LGA road(ie roads that an LGA suppose to maintain) most LGA's are ghost workers..personally my friend who works @ my LGA, lives in Abuja..can u imagine..
Funny enough, those our 'so called' representatives only represent themselves, their associates nd family members...i don't even knw why people fight nd even die for themsad....maybe just to feel the SENSE OF BeLONGING(na my broda d dia)...
No disrespect to almajiris nd northerners; but if u take a look u will realise that the have ruled more than any other region, the have more appointments, position, anything good name it....but how is their region nd people
I wonder wen Positions will start to favour the Ordinary man in the streetssad ....let us watch out for this new adminstrationgrin
True bro, true. we are all victims of bad and corrupt leadership. Every region. Our elected reps are riding high on d suffering of d people they are supposed 2 represent. Bad thing is most ordinary folks can only c d situation thru ethnic and religious lenses hence, like u said we don't demand accountability . D reality is 2 grand 4 most folks 2 comprehend. D situation is dire

1 Like

Re: Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy by pazienza(m): 1:21pm On May 09, 2015
Gr8amechi:
can't you be civil for once need you insult?? let's be honest even within our South South states there is that tendency for power sharing the truth is equity breeds peace

I wasn't insulting anyone, I was agreeing with the post. If Nigeria was indeed one, zoning wouldn't be an issue, competence would take priority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Niger Delta Loves Buhari, People Think We Hate Him" - Lauretta Onochie / Kassim Afegbua Writes DSS, Queries Invitation / Court Orders Temporary Forfeiture Of Diezani's N325m Land In Lekki To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.