Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,800 members, 7,956,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala (26241 Views)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi / A Nairalander Cooking Okra Soup / A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by valdetino(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2015
which kin rubbish food be this one?
so nah this thing you go dey cook for ur hobby?
Pinging girls cooking nonsense since 1860
smh
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by kuulkyd(f): 7:46am On May 11, 2015
Yustash001:
Amala is cool..,..but hate eating with Okro.....egusi rocks...

Amala and egusi?? undecided Are u a learner?
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by anigbajumo(m): 7:56am On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Here are the ingredients
Okpro
Fish
Ponmo
Pepper
Iru(locus beans)
Maagi
Palmoil
Salt
Elubo(for Amala) yoruba people will understand this very well.

Am a student and I feel like eating my yoruba favorite food (Amala nd Okpro)
Procedures: I wash my okpro nd cut it into tiny pieces then I put water on the fire till is hot, then I pour my okpro inside together with my locus beans (iru) with small salt and allow it to cook for 5min. Follow by my soup (obe Ata) which I started by putting Palmoil inside d pot and pour my blended pepper and allow it to cook for 10min and pour d fish and the ponmo inside nd Maagi, curry nd salt. and allow it to cook for 15 min. After preparing d soup, next to my Amala. I started by allowing my water to be hot then I pour my Elubo and stir til it becomes brownish in colour and cover for some minutes, and continue stirring till it becomes black in colour.
shey na magic u use prepared da food?I cnt say may b I can neva knw hw 2 prepare food like dis....welldone
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Yustash001(m): 8:14am On May 11, 2015
kuulkyd:

Amala and egusi?? undecided Are u a learner?
learner kini?....amala and egusi, pandi and egusi....perfect combos for me...
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by benuejosh: 8:28am On May 11, 2015
tchidi:

But that was before she baptised it with plenty stew abi oil!! undecided smiley
Lol. If that soup should be sweet then courtesy of the NUNE. I soo much love that.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 8:37am On May 11, 2015
benuejosh:
Lol. If that soup should be sweet then courtesy of the NUNE. I soo much love that.

Gbam!! Just make a sauce with rat meat and eat it with the initial oil-less okro!!
#heavenonearth embarassed tongue embarassed
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 8:40am On May 11, 2015
anigbajumo:
shey na magic u use prepared da food?I cnt say may b I can neva knw hw 2 prepare food like dis....welldone
thanks sweetie
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by kinibigdeal(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2015
Ibyno:
Okro soup. What a delicious cooking. Come and join me.

I just hope that is not moi moi beside it

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2015
TRUTH[b]TRUTH[/b]TRUTH
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Benfaco: 9:17am On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
My Amala
This your amala get as e bi o grin
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by HabibGwen230(f): 10:41am On May 11, 2015
This combo is a very nice one,Buh U'll enjoy it best when u properly wash and use hand.But ur Acrylic nails though,cannot be free of microbes.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by aluringrace(f): 11:53am On May 11, 2015
Lovely!
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by ojialo(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2015
Why you use fish na Amibaby
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
Yoruba food...Igbo man no fit marry you ooo
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Expsbterror(m): 1:06pm On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Here are the ingredients
Okpro
Fish
Ponmo
Pepper
Iru(locus beans)
Maagi
Palmoil
Salt

Procedures: I wash my okpro nd cut it into tiny pieces then I put water on the fire till is hot, then I pour my okpro inside together with my locus beans (iru) with small salt and allow it to cook for 5min. Follow by my soup (obe Ata) which I started by putting Palmoil inside d pot and pour my blended pepper and allow it to cook for 10min and pour d fish and the ponmo inside nd Maagi, curry nd salt. and allow it to cook for 15 min. After preparing d soup, next to my Amala. I started by allowing my water to be hot then I pour my Elubo and stir til it becomes brownish in colour and cover for some minutes, and continue stirring till it becomes black in colour.

Student wey dey use four plate electric gas cooker... Hmmmm. This your student sha.... E nid further explanation.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by femi4: 1:18pm On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
lol, give me ya address make I con cook egusi with ejagbigbe for u.
Se ponmo ma wa n be?
Though, Amala and Ewedu still remain the best combination

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
ok mummy

undecided
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 11, 2015
funkybully:
Gosh!

The pepper in d bowl is much.

Oil cover d soup, colesterol is glaring.

Okro soup is not supposed to be watery But thick.

Cooking d okro before pouring in the pepper mixture is a waste of d okro, okro is d last thing u add stir n off fire. Just a minute steaming else the chlorophyll content is gone.

Those nails should b on d left hand n kept tidy not on d hand u use to cook.

I score u 3/10 angry

That is okro and stew not okro soup undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 11, 2015
iluvweed:
shocked

So nobody noticed this poverty fish...

Dont really know how much it costs now but that was the fish i used to buy for N30 for 2, 10yrs ago back in school.... grin

Id.iot

Well, if you were intelligent you would know that there is no such thing as ‘cheap/poverty fish'. What makes one fish expensive and the other cheaper, is their availability and the cost of resources that would be required to make them available. It is not based on their nutritious values or any other important consideration. That is basic Economics for you undecided.

You also know that most Nigrerians are not as well-off like you. Get off your high horse and start thinking like a human and a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by pappizeezu: 3:58pm On May 11, 2015
@ Op I wish I cn hv u as my gf so that u can cook me dis kind of meal...deliciously........u r sighted
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by cytellProperty: 7:28pm On May 11, 2015
Na play i dey play o. Good idea
Aminat508:
haba u want to abuse me ni, I no get table, na student I be nah... undecided
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by iluvweed(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2015
Justfollowit:

Id.iot

Well, if you were intelligent you would know that there is no such thing as ‘cheap/poverty fish'. What makes one fish expensive and the other cheaper, is their availability and the cost of resources that would be required to make them available. It is not based on their nutritious values or any other important consideration. That is basic Economics for you undecided.

You also know that most Nigrerians are not as well-off like you. Get off your high horse and start thinking like a human and a Nigerian.

Am sorry, that was the name we called it back in school....I am fully aware you a student and I dont expect you to cook cat fish or coker fish....... grin
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Yemiolads(f): 9:36am On May 12, 2015
You never have to throw away your overripe plantain again! See how to make delicious delicacies with it: http://opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/for-love-of-food-3-mouth-watering.html
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by olapam(f): 4:15pm On May 12, 2015
those nails though i hev stopped doing manicure self
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 5:09pm On May 12, 2015
olapam:
those nails though i hev stopped doing manicure self
lol sister

Pls vote
https://www.nairaland.com/subbied

For Miss Nairaland 2015
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by dmola(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2015
Aminat508:
My Okpro
Sorry I had mention U̶̲̥̅̊ again ..plz I jst pm'd U̶̲̥̅̊, culd U̶̲̥̅̊ give a considerable audience tanks .hmmm @ ur food *drooling*
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by dmola(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2015
Aminat508:
My Okpro
Sorry I had to mention U̶̲̥̅̊ again ..plz I jst pm'd U̶̲̥̅̊, culd U̶̲̥̅̊ give a considerable audience tanks .hmmm @ ur food *drooling*
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by ArcToyin(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2015
Aminat508:
Nairalanders, come and eat
and you call it student meal
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 7:48pm On May 13, 2015
ArcToyin:
and you call it student meal
lol abi nah
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Yemiolads(f): 8:04pm On May 13, 2015
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by loomer: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
Aminat508:
Here are the ingredients
Okpro
Fish
Ponmo
Pepper
Iru(locus beans)
Maagi
Palmoil
Salt

Impressive
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by missKiffy(f): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
Aminat508:
Here are the ingredients
Okpro
Fish
Ponmo
Pepper
Iru(locus beans)
Maagi
Palmoil
Salt

Pls did you put "koun" in the okro, the one they put in ewedu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.