Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala (25783 Views)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi / A Nairalander Cooking Okra Soup / A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by clemz88(m): 12:19am On May 11, 2015
Op that your soup has k leg o. Why does it look like stew grin

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Jimwalex(m): 12:19am On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
no whahala sir
ok,tanx...so? m waiting...
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 12:22am On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
grin

You do not cook fish with the fin still intact. That may be how you have been taught but it is not appealing at all.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by AreaFada2: 12:24am On May 11, 2015
Lala247:

Ok sir

Some people just hv amazing genes though food or no food.

Abraka in Delta State is a case study. It went from a sleepy small town to a University town. Many people are no more farmers. But they still eat a lot of banga soup & Owho soup. Without the traditional labourious work.

A professor a cardiology mentioned a study on it as one of the places with highest rate of heart disease. I was surprised to hear. A white professor here in UK. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 12:26am On May 11, 2015
Justfollowit:

You do not cook fish with the fin still intact. It may be how you have been taught but it is not appealing at all.
ok mummy

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 12:32am On May 11, 2015
clemz88:
Op that your soup has k leg o. Why does it look like stew grin
lol grin
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by kinibigdeal(m): 12:36am On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Nairalanders, come and eat

Na to marry you remain grin but that locust beans

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Mcaise: 12:37am On May 11, 2015
too much palm oil...not good for the heart.

Okro Soup without meat stock?? Yurk lipsrsealed

Btw, I always thought it was 'okro' not 'okpro'??
Pls what ingredient is the 'p' in okpro??

#teamFeedHealthy

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by chronique(m): 12:37am On May 11, 2015
Looks like Yoruba's have this love and affinity for sawa fish... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Mcaise: 12:46am On May 11, 2015
Lala247:

My nan made all her food with red oil
She lived till 89 smiley

Meaning?
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by tociano009(m): 1:08am On May 11, 2015
Sweetheart you sabi cook o
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 1:18am On May 11, 2015
Nice! grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by ezeuju1(m): 1:29am On May 11, 2015
Ofe nmanu

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Eldomingo: 1:59am On May 11, 2015
benuejosh:
I see NUNE (the Tiv peepz should know what am talking about) in the first picture
That stuff smells really aweful
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 2:59am On May 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Here are the ingredients
Okpro
Fish
Ponmo
Pepper
Iru(locus beans)
Maagi
Palmoil
Salt
Elubo(for Amala) yoruba people will understand this very well.

Am a student and I feel like eating my yoruba favorite food (Amala nd Okpro)
Procedures: I wash my okpro nd cut it into tiny pieces then I put water on the fire till is hot, then I pour my okpro inside together with my locus beans (iru) with small salt and allow it to cook for 5min. Follow by my soup (obe Ata) which I started by putting Palmoil inside d pot and pour my blended pepper and allow it to cook for 10min and pour d fish and the ponmo inside nd Maagi, curry nd salt. and allow it to cook for 15 min. After preparing d soup, next to my Amala. I started by allowing my water to be hot then I pour my Elubo and stir til it becomes brownish in colour and cover for some minutes, and continue stirring till it becomes black in colour.

Show us good food.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Mightyguy(m): 3:10am On May 11, 2015
Adesiji77:
Nice one OP. Keep it up.

One of the ways to a man's heart is through the stomach... cheesy
abeg help me tel dem oo... cheesy
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by delishpot: 3:12am On May 11, 2015
OP you no try at all. To make things better, send me some Okro soup now!
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by xreal: 3:15am On May 11, 2015
Aminaaa.

alámàlà

grin grin grin
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by pablus: 3:54am On May 11, 2015
nice work...i'm hungry o!
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by M4gunners: 3:57am On May 11, 2015
No vex o,wetin Locus beans dey fine for okpro soup na?
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aida13: 4:02am On May 11, 2015
I like the effort, neat looking but those acrylic for your hand shocked shocked shocked shocked with all that steam it can loosen the superglue and enter the amala or worse the okpro which they will mistake for iruu. Kai kai kai wemen of nowadazy

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by darlenese(f): 5:27am On May 11, 2015
Is this how ur mama taught you,
All these artificails nails girls cry
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by funkybully(f): 5:29am On May 11, 2015
Gosh!

The pepper in d bowl is much.

Oil cover d soup, colesterol is glaring.

Okro soup is not supposed to be watery But thick.

Cooking d okro before pouring in the pepper mixture is a waste of d okro, okro is d last thing u add stir n off fire. Just a minute steaming else the chlorophyll content is gone.

Those nails should b on d left hand n kept tidy not on d hand u use to cook.

I score u 3/10 angry
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by kinibigdeal(m): 5:29am On May 11, 2015
darlenese:
Is this how ur mama taught you,
All these artificails nails girls cry

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by benuejosh: 5:37am On May 11, 2015
Eldomingo:
That stuff smells really aweful
true, but very sweet.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Nobody: 6:08am On May 11, 2015
benuejosh:
I see NUNE (the Tiv peepz should know what am talking about) in the first picture

But that was before she baptised it with plenty stew abi oil!! undecided smiley
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Trypa(f): 6:17am On May 11, 2015
Vote for trypa miss nairaland 2015 and you won't regret it. Miss nairaland campaign thread romance section
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by dwayni: 6:20am On May 11, 2015
Nasty
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Ibyno(m): 6:47am On May 11, 2015
Okro soup. What a delicious cooking. Come and join me.

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 6:52am On May 11, 2015
delishpot:
OP you no try at all. To make things better, send me some Okro soup now!
lol, wait grin
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by DonTim1: 7:00am On May 11, 2015
Observations

- as a student, you have a 4burner cooker (you are either in food tech or you cook for your whole dept grin)
- those nails total turn off
- fins left in d fish angry

anyway u try, food may be tasty but it has no appeal to me.

i like food with appeal, once had okro at a canteen in Eket, oboy after d trial , i got hooked.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 7:12am On May 11, 2015
tociano009:
Sweetheart you sabi cook o
thanks sweetie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prawn Stew In Pictures / The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup / What Is Velvet Tamarind Called In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.