Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala (25873 Views)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi / A Nairalander Cooking Okra Soup / A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

Pls did you put "koun" in the okro, the one they put in ewedu
no ma Koun is not necessary in okro soup, with koun it makes d okro to be blackish or brownish in colour ma. Just when d water is hot, pour your okro and put a little salt and put your iru allow it to cook for 5 mins. Then our okro is ready to eat grin

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Acebar(m): 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Aminat508:
My Amala
your food was unhygienically prepared. just take a look at the chemicals on your finger it looks bad. nextime try to cook with ur natural finger nails for hygiene purpose. thnx
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by aydelicious: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2015
younghartz:
[b][/b]
My juju dey work grin
is not your juju that walking but is the work of God that works oooo
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by tpiar: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
the oil to okro ratio is a bit high. It looks as if the okro is swimming in the oil, perhaps the sauce should be reduced.

you should work on that next time.

would you like to post your effort on the food critic thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/2393798/food-critique-thread-food-critics
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by tpiar: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Aminat508:
Here are the ingredients
Okpro

Fish
Ponmo
Pepper
Iru(locus beans)
Maagi
Palmoil
Salt
Elubo(for Amala) yoruba people will understand this very well.

Am a student and I feel like eating my yoruba favorite food (Amala nd Okpro)
Procedures: I wash my okpro nd cut it into tiny pieces then I put water on the fire till is hot, then I pour my okpro inside together with my locus beans (iru) with small salt and allow it to cook for 5min. Follow by my soup (obe Ata) which I started by putting Palmoil inside d pot and pour my blended pepper and allow it to cook for 10min and pour d fish and the ponmo inside nd Maagi, curry nd salt. and allow it to cook for 15 min. After preparing d soup, next to my Amala. I started by allowing my water to be hot then I pour my Elubo and stir til it becomes brownish in colour and cover for some minutes, and continue stirring till it becomes black in colour.

its okro, not okpro or okporoko, sweetie.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by tpiar: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
here is an example of the okro to sauce ratio from google:

I cant find a buka photo yet.
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2015
tpiar:
here is an example of the okro to sauce ratio from google:

I cant find a buka photo yet.
ok ma. Thanks
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Aminat508(f): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2015
tpiar:

its okro, not okpro or okporoko, sweetie.
lol cheesy
Re: Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala by Cornerstone001: 9:54pm On May 06, 2016
younghartz:
[b][/b]
My juju dey work grin
Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pounded Yam Preservation And Reheat Method / Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) / If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.