Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (28973 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:21pm On May 12, 2015
Beckybeky:
I want to participate

Cc: naijaboiy
cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by LaurelP(m): 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
I'm interested
Cc: naijaboiy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=naijaboiy post=33678940][/quote]
Any cerebral battle is welcomed, dude. I've always rooted for brainstorming.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:
I nominate Blackett as judge and Victoriabee as contestant.

Cc
Naijaboiy
No lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Deejavuu(f): 10:24pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:
Deejavuu, ,and the honourable organiser thanks for the nominations.

After giving it a deliberation I thought I'll do well in the capacity of a contestant/debaters. But if at the end of the nomination exercise and there are a shortage of judges I'll be game as one. Thanks.

Alright. Fair enough.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:24pm On May 12, 2015
boynigeria:

still sounds fun
will be fun crushing anoda person's ideology
cant wait for that yeye miss nairaless shiit to finish
Hahaha...so you are in? cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by falconey(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2015
xynerise:
This is a debate and we need intelligent people as judges. Don't be sentimental and nominate someone who has not made a sensible comment since he/she joined Nairaland, all because he/she is your friend..

I can already see people nominating members of their cliques. If you want a credible judgment, nominate a qualified person.

no more no less, this is why I nominated myself.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 12, 2015
VictoriaBee:

No lipsrsealed

I missed you so so much cheesy cheesy

I can't explain how happy I am to see you again. kiss kiss

Come on, participate joor.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by boynigeria(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hahaha...so you are in? cheesy
have i been speakin in german, helll yea ma man
its like everyone is so yall gonna have to compartmentalize the whole shii and have qualifiers or something
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:27pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:

Cc
Naijaboiy
Only judges can be nominated.

Anybody willing to contest should do so by themselves. smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by xynerise: 10:28pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

Thanks for this sir!

Any other valuable suggestions will be accepted. cool
Should we make suggestions for topics to be debated on?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kinglekan: 10:28pm On May 12, 2015
sinaj:
wil luv to debate smiley
smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2015
Kinglekan and Sinizia should be judges too.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:29pm On May 12, 2015
VictoriaBee:

No lipsrsealed
You are back? cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 12, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeew!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:30pm On May 12, 2015
xynerise:

Should we make suggestions for topics to be debated on?
That would also be appreciated.

That's why this thread is opened.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by demmy0325(m): 10:31pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:

Cc
Naijaboiy
.. Which blackett.. We dont want blanket o..
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

You're welcome. Please kindly accept to be one of the judges, would you?.

I will think about it. Thanks though. smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
boynigeria:

have i been speakin in german, helll yea ma man
its like everyone is so yall gonna have to compartmentalize the whole shii and have qualifiers or something
Yea that's how it's gonna be. cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by francizy(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
Belt buckles on... cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Phikom(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
Wanna debate cc : naijaboiy...
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
KcMark:

A cerebral battle? Perfect!cool.
This is worth supporting and campaigning for instead of the usual vanity contests. Hopefully those who keep howling how large their butts can now show how brainy they are.

Or just maybe they'd avoid it.

cheesy grin. Victoriabee will sure sweep you off balance with her typo-eloquence and lexicon fluency. You're in for it boss.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
Chiam55, orijin101(though I might probably regret this), sonofmark(he might refuse though), ronald4lif, iceberylin, er . . . . don't know if I should pick sandrahnaub and twaci . . . . since they are both in another competition . . . .

As contestants . . . missclassy(lol, she can put her sharp mouth to work. Finally) Blackett.(time to see if he is really as smart as he insinuates.) Kingtom(baba niyen) wristwatch Lala247(hmm, she often displays interesting levels of Intelligence) aaaand . . . that's all for now. smiley

Sir, I've always rooted for inter-cerebral battles/brainstorming as against the ubiquitous vanity fairs here. Thanks for the nomination. My TheSonOfMark moniker would be active again on the flip side of dawn (judging from the feelers I am getting).

Marieolae; thanks miss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 12, 2015
This is mindblowing...will be interesting though competitive will be educative in the affirmative. Anyway am here to read comments
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

You are back? cheesy
Yes tongue
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:
Good evening everyone!

I am here to introduce to you THE ROMANCE SECTION DEBATE. This is not the first of its kind,,but this is an evolution from the original.

The romance section debate is going to be coming up on a monthly basis and the first edition comes up immediately after the Miss NL competition.

AIM
The aim of this thread is for preparations before hand so that we can plan everything before the event proper. So every suggestion pertaining this event should be made here.

Judges
The Judges are going to be made up of 5 people. One chief Judge who'll be in charge of announcing the results and stating the rules of the game,,and 4 other judges that would support the chief judge in the allocation of points to the debaters. The appointment of the chief Judge dwells on the decision of the 5 Judges.

People who are well versed with knowledge when it comes to relationship issues are needed here. They should also be ready to work without bias or sentiments for any debating group.

Interested persons should state their intentions here. One can also nominate anybody to be a judge. After which a poll will be carried out to select the 5 judges. This is to ensure transparency and clear representation of the people's choice.

Debators/contestants.
This set will be made up of a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 5 people in each group. The number of groups will depend on the number of willing contestants.

Contestants will be divided randomly into number groups and then they'll come together and appoint a group head and also choose a group name that they can be recognised with. Interested persons should simply declare their intentions in participating by saying "i'm willing to participate" and then tag Naijaboiy.

Moderators
Well it's simple. Their Job is to help maintain decorum and order during the competition. The hiding of irrelevant posts and banning of offenders or any antagonist will be in their care. We expect them to do their job diligently.

Topics
Do you have any idea of very scintillating or controversial topics pertaining to romance that can be debated on? You can send your ideas through a mail and it will be considered by the Judges.

These are the major developments for now. More will be added if we find them suitable enough to make this event a success.

Note:
This is where i'd like our e-warriors and those who are well versed in the fluent speaking of english to come show their prowess. cheesy

You think you are intelligent? This is where you are needed to show us what you've got. cheesy

Your suggestions are highly welcome. smiley

Cc: Every Romance Section Member. New and Old. Male and Female.

Ishilove
Farano.

Naijaboiy!!!!

Brilliant Idea. Woww. The romance section is getting more entertaining.

I nominate ronald4lif and tosyne2much (becos they are pro in relationship issue) as judges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by xynerise: 10:40pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:
That would also be appreciated.
That's why this thread is opened.
OK.
Social media and relationships: make or mar?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

cheesy grin. Victoriabee will sure sweep you off balance with her typo-eloquence and lexicon fluency. You're in for it boss.

...IF she cansmiley. Besides, engaging highly opinionated women isn't novel to me. LET THE 'GAMES' BEGIN!wink.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:42pm On May 12, 2015
KcMark:

Any cerebral battle is welcomed, dude. I've always rooted for brainstorming.
i trust you grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Which blackett.. We dont want blanket o..

Please. . . A good judge as regards this debate should be someone who is intelligent, who has a good knowledge of romantic/relationship issues and can critically and logically analyze those issues and make unbaised judgments and conclusions as inferred from peoples comments.

He/she should also be smart enough to know who has the upper hand and who makes more cogent and intelligent points and contributions in the debate situation.

He/she should also be impartial and unbiased when choosing a winner after the debate has been concluded.

Blackett meets the aforementioned criteria.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:43pm On May 12, 2015
Phikom:
Wanna debate
cc : naijaboiy...
cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 10:44pm On May 12, 2015
KcMark:

...IF she cansmiley. Besides, engaging highly opinionated women isn't novel to me. LET THE 'GAMES' BEGIN!wink.

Victoriabee, taking up the challenge?

Btw, welcome back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Thanks 1st Wife With A Money Bouquet For Allowing Him Marry A 2nd Wife (Vid) / Can A Relationship Survive Without Sex? / 4 Months Into Our Relationship I Have Not Asked Her Sex Is It Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.