Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709401 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 29, 2015
Walspring:

How come the Chinese got 110 in Toefl
Only God knows. Even the GRE verbal and AWA only God knows how they ace those section. Indians usually have miracle center.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 5:40pm On May 29, 2015
profojah:

That's slimmy for you!..He proffers help when one is need of it...I told you that day when he was kinda joking with you!..I wish you success in your interview!.
yes that's true,thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:43pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
Only God knows. Even the GRE verbal and AWA only God knows how they ace those section

Machinery is at work... grin grin grin

Packaging must be at work too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 29, 2015
Walspring:

Machinery is at work... grin grin grin

Packaging must be at work too
Miracle center, they cheat a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
Indians too...can't even announce their marvelous scores correctly. I give pte-a yesterday I get reading 90....I give I give everywhere. Pte has shut down some centers in India.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 29, 2015
ferdimako:

Indians too...can't even announce their marvelous score correctly. I give pte-a yesterday I get reading 90....I give I give everywhere.
lol, you would wonder how they were able to get that score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:51pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:

That should be Indian Miracle Center where cheating is the order of the day..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 6:03pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
lol, they usually send delegates down to Nigeria to verify if only you're willing to pay additional $10,000. Lol,just for record purpose and to show you have funds for the program. They do not verify.

Lol thks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 6:08pm On May 29, 2015
ferdimako:

Indians too...can't even announce their marvelous scores correctly. I give pte-a yesterday I get reading 90....I give I give everywhere. Pte has shut down some centers in India.

Lol
I gave the gre.
So annoying!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 29, 2015
bbdd:

Lol
I gave the gre.
So annoying!!!!
I respect them in Quant, but verbal and AWA all Na cheat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 6:17pm On May 29, 2015
sirRiddy:
I viewed it online, just completed. Hopefully, I will get the hard copy too. If you have not received yours, check the nearest post office.
Thank you sir,I registered with my home address.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MofTee: 6:35pm On May 29, 2015
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning (not smiling)
VO: please pass me your document
Me: I passed them
VO: Mr *** place your four fingers on the scanner (She called my surname)
Me: Left hand or right hand?
VO: your left hand please
Me: I placed my left hand
Vo: (she typed on her computer for a while...I guess she was trying to call up my DS160) What's the highest level of education you have?
Me: (I didnt hear her well) I didnt get that...could you say that again?
Vo: what's the highest level of education you have?
Me: Bachelors degree
Vo: what course?
Me: Economics
Vo: when did you finish from the university?
Me: 2010
Vo: so what have you been doing since you completed your national youth service?
Me: Ive been working at ***** (I work at a global professional service firm)
Vo: so why masters degree now?
Me: when I joined ***** (the firm I work with) in 2012, I developed a 10-year career plan, which is to work for 3 years then go for Masters degree for the next 2 year, come back to nigeria to apply the skills acquired for another 5 years before starting my own consulting firm. I have a dream of consulting for the Central Bank of Nigeria some day.
Vo: okay...so you are going to University of North Texas. How did you find out about the school?
Me: I was looking for a school that offers masters degree in economics with concentration in the area of Economic analysis, financial economics and econometrics, so I used usnews.com and princetonreview.com to filter out schools with such emphasis.
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 4
Vo: name other schools excluding UNT
Me: University of North Carolina, Florida international university and university of texas at Arlington
Vo: So who is sponsoring you?
Me: the school is funding me as you can see on my i20
Vo: (she looked at my i20 again) so why would the school give you tuition waiver?
Me: (trust me I wasn't prepared for this question) I guess they were impressed with my application and the quality of documents I sent to them
Vo: what do you mean by that?
Me: well I graduated with a first class honours
Vo: what's your score?
Me: 4.67/5.0
Vo: have you traveled outside nigeria before?
Me: yes
Vo: where?
Me: UAE for my vacation in 2013, Kenya, Cote d'ivore and ghana on official assignment in the last one and half years.
Vo: (she typed for a while) I am going to issue you a visa....you can pick it up at the location circled... bla bla....

In all..even though she questioned me alot, she did not ask me to show her any document aside my passport, ds120 confirmation page, i20 and sevis. Prayer works....also be confident. Most people who spoke confidently got their visas approved. All the best guys and thank you all.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 29, 2015
MofTee:
Vo: (she typed on her computer for a while...I guess she was trying to call up my DS160) What's the highest level of education you have?
Vo: so what have you been doing since you completed your national youth service?
Me: when I joined ***** (the firm I work with) in 2012, I developed a 10-year career plan, which is to work for 3 years then go for Masters degree for the next 2 year, come back to nigeria to apply the skills acquired for another 5 years before starting my own consulting firm. I have a dream of consulting for the Central Bank of Nigeria some day.
Vo: okay...so you are going to University of North Texas. How did you find out about the school?
Me: I was looking for a school that offers masters degree in economics with concentration in the area of Economic analysis, financial economics and econometrics, so I used usnews.com and princetonreview.com to filter out schools with such emphasis.
Me: University of North Carolina, Florida international university and university of texas at Arlington
Vo: (she looked at my i20 again) so why would the school give you tuition waiver?
Me: (trust me I wasn't prepared for this question) I guess they were impressed with my application and the quality of documents I sent to them
Me: UAE for my vacation in 2013, Kenya, Cote d'ivore and ghana on official assignment in the last one and half years.
Vo: (she typed for a while) I am going to issue you a visa....you can pick it up at the location circled... bla bla....

In all..even though she questioned me alot, she did not ask me to show her any document aside my passport, ds120 confirmation page, i20 and sevis. Prayer works....also be confident. Most people who spoke confidently got their visas approved. All the best guys and thank you all.
nice transcript. Bros, your profile fits a better school than the one you have. You can't have that profile and settle for that school. You would have aimed atleast top 20 schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 6:50pm On May 29, 2015
Walspring:

Yes... Through email for you to correct any typo errors on your I20 but not all school does that unless you ask for it.

Most schools send it out via postal service also know as regular mail for free or at the cost of $5 but it takes over 2 weeks to get it in lagos or more or you dont get it at because its not secure and does not have tracking number but other states outside lagos maybe 2months or more or you dont get it at all.

The last one is courier such as fedex, ups, dhl, usps etc. Is either you pay for it or the school send it for free.
Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 6:53pm On May 29, 2015
Walspring:

It depend on the policy of the school you are applying to.. Some will ask you to pay for courier fee or deposit of tuition and some dont ask for such at all.
More knowledge to your understanding,thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 6:54pm On May 29, 2015
Walspring:

It depend on the policy of the school you are applying to.. Some will ask you to pay for courier fee or deposit of tuition and some dont ask for such at all.
May God give you more knowledge to your understanding,thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 29, 2015
blublahd:

score?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 29, 2015
jamesflaw:
nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 8:39pm On May 29, 2015
MofTee:

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:41pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
I respect them in Quant, but verbal and AWA all Na cheat

Their grammar is so poor. That was my edge against them during the admission process. Like 80% of applicants to PhD programs in my field are indians.
I tire for them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 29, 2015
bbdd:

Their grammar is so poor. That was my edge against them during the admission process. Like 80% of applicants to PhD programs in my field are indians.
I tire for them.
those guys apply to like 10 schools. They spend a lot on admission processing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:43pm On May 29, 2015
MofTee:

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:44pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
those guys apply to like 10 schools. They spend a lot on admission processing

Guy ehn
And even the US embassy in their country is friendly. They actually organize a student interview day where they even giv them refreshments. chaiiiii

Thats why many of them can die for admission. LOL!!
Agents are hammering there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 29, 2015
MofTee:

Congrats, man! I tap from your success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:48pm On May 29, 2015
VISA INTERVIEW TIPS
As seen from the numerous success stories.....
Know what you're saying, be confident, have no red flags and sketchy history, WRITE STANDARDIZED TESTS, know why you chose the school and there's no reason you should be denied unless the people in your village are working overtime. grin grin grin grin

May we get more testimonies on this part 7 !!!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 29, 2015
bbdd:

Guy ehn
And even the US embassy in their country is friendly. They actually organize a student interview day where they even giv them refreshments. chaiiiii

Thats why many of them can die for admission. LOL!!
Agents are hammering there
and they have prospect here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by NeeYoh(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2015
RickyRozay:

Phemix is doing great. He is performing well with his academics here. He even had a GPA of 3.9 this semester. The dude is really murdering his IT classes like hell. Always busy programming at midnight when i'm asleep. He is doing fine. I will send your regards to him.

@Ricky Rozay: I was informed that you study at Minnesota state university, Mankato. Pls do you have any info about the school's MSc IT programme?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zizou234: 9:39pm On May 29, 2015
DeeTus:
When did you graduate from the university?

You can apply for undergraduate studies if your age is not too high but if it is, then you can honestly tell the VO that you didn't do well at former Bachelor's Degree with some cogent reasons.

A kind-hearted CO will approve your visa. In case, he or she does not. Just focus elsewhere. Maybe Europe or Oceania.

It is well.

I graduated 2012, immediately went for the compulsory nysc which i completed oct 2013. I had HND at UG level and i've been surfing the internet for sometimes now for msc degree to no avail...That's why i posted here in other to get lead and useful information on how to go about the whole process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zizou234: 9:47pm On May 29, 2015
DeeTus:
@Justwise, please call this person who just quoted again to order.

I don't know when i encouraged Zizou234 to lie. Having a second bachelor's degree is not a sin based on his circumstance.

I don't know why some people here cannot allow others be.

I appreciate ur comments. I've not lied about any information i have released so far.....and am not planning too. I graduated with HND degree in computer engineering and been trying to apply for msc programme with no headway. Reasons am here to get some help. By the way i graduated with lower credit in one of the federal polytechnics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zizou234: 9:59pm On May 29, 2015
kennyrony:

Why PGD?
Been surfing the internet for straight msc degree but most schools have made inquiries about declined the msc option rather advised for pgd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 29, 2015
zizou234:

Been surfing the internet for straight msc degree but most schools have made inquiries about declined the msc option rather advised for pgd
can you list such schools?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2015
zizou234:

You should be able to get admission to MSC directly

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.