Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708343 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2015
Sorted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2015
Please oh,my graduate school is asking me if I have booked for my interview and if there is any assistance. I might need from them.is dat how they operate? What should be my response concerning their assistantance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2015
Ask slimmy05,is a guru in this area
dm387:
Guys, a friend in the US is trying to make my SEVIS fee payment, unfortunately, he's gotten only error messages so far. It keeps on asking for an "Attention" field. For those that have previously made the payment in SEME or elsewhere, is this field standard on every Western Union QUICK PAY for? I'm beginning to suspect he's using a wrong form. Please advice. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:57pm On May 29, 2015
akin3102:
Ask slimmy05,is a guru in this area

Replied your sis.
Found her email in the spam folder. No idea why
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ctemi(f): 11:05pm On May 29, 2015
zizou234:

I appreciate ur comments. I've not lied about any information i have released so far.....and am not planning too. I graduated with HND degree in computer engineering and been trying to apply for msc programme with no headway. Reasons am here to get some help. By the way i graduated with lower credit in one of the federal polytechnics

Its better you apply for msc but firstly you have to evaluate ur transcript to make it equivalent to bsc which will make it easy for any skul you apply to understand your transcript better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jenns(m): 11:10pm On May 29, 2015
Please guru's in the house , have got questions to ask :
What are the required documents that I must tender at the point of entry
Do I need to take along my old spring i20 with my new summer i20 on board?
What is the minimum bta that an F1 student should have with him/her .
lastly what if asked where I intend to stay on arrival? should I tell them am yet to book and hotel ?
Please kindly help by addressing these questions with all sincerity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 11:23pm On May 29, 2015
Thanks
bbdd:

Replied your sis.
Found her email in the spam folder. No idea why
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:25pm On May 29, 2015
jenns:
lastly what if asked where I intend to stay on arrival? should I tell them am yet to book and hotel ?

I believe all your credentials should be in ur hand luggage so if any document is ask u provide it. The document most ask is ur passport, I-20 and few questions.

No minimum BTA, but der is maximum.... Just hold d cash that can take care of ur little expenses on arrival (Transportation, feeding etc) like 200USD

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zizou234: 11:34pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
can you list such schools?
Northern Arizona University
Auburn university at montgomertry
University of central arkansas....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by cosxzbay: 11:38pm On May 29, 2015
slimmy05:
can you list such schools?
@Slimmy05,Please I sent you a mail & pm...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zizou234: 11:38pm On May 29, 2015
Ctemi:

Its better you apply for msc but firstly you have to evaluate ur transcript to make it equivalent to bsc which will make it easy for any skul you apply to understand your transcript better.
OK, thanks. On the evaluation part, how can i go about that? Is there a chart or table of evaluation or so....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:41pm On May 29, 2015
pls who else is admited to valparaiso uni
omo dis uni has not responded to my mails containin bank statements to qucikly send my i20 o

its been 1week and no response,,i called dia graduate school and de sed i shud resend d mails

fall is almost ere o cry
help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:41pm On May 29, 2015
zizou234:

OK, thanks. On the evaluation part, how can i go about that? Is there a chart or table of evaluation or so....
Lol. ... u ar indeed a novice. but don't worry bro. Gurus in the house will put u through and u won't regret visiting here...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 11:53pm On May 29, 2015
bbdd:

Their grammar is so poor. That was my edge against them during the admission process. Like 80% of applicants to PhD programs in my field are indians.
I tire for them.

too good to be true. Indians have been wining world spelling bee contest for so many years now. Is that a fluke too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 29, 2015
zizou234:

Northern Arizona University
Auburn university at montgomertry
University of central arkansas....
well you need to look for schools that accept Wes evaluation, then evaluate your ND and HND. Then kick start
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kpolli(m): 12:00am On May 30, 2015
dm387:
Guys, a friend in the US is trying to make my SEVIS fee payment, unfortunately, he's gotten only error messages so far. It keeps on asking for an "Attention" field. For those who have previously made the payment in SEME or elsewhere, is this field standard on every Western Union QUICK PAY form? I'm beginning to suspect he's using a wrong form. Please advice. Thanks

How is he making this payment?

akin3102:
Please oh,my graduate school is asking me if I have booked for my interview and if there is any assistance. I might need from them.is dat how they operate? What should be my response concerning their assistantance?

Your graduate school try ooo, they like you

jenns:

Take all I-20s, about where you will sleep; don't you have temporary housing planned or something?
About BTA, What is BTA? If you mean cash, then there is no minimum but maximum you can take is enough for a year stay in your school (I did the same).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kpolli(m): 12:03am On May 30, 2015
slimmy05:
nice transcript. Bros, your profile fits a better school than the one you have. You can't have that profile and settle for that school. You would have aimed atleast top 20 schools.

My thoughts exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by oloyeadeniyi(m): 12:04am On May 30, 2015
profojah:

SAT & TOEFL for Undergraduates, GRE & TOEFL for graduates(MSc PhD),..It is advisable, as a genuine prospective student, to do at least one or both, even if your doesn't demand
What about IELTS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 12:06am On May 30, 2015
Richmond996:

too good to be true. Indians have been wining world spelling bee contest for so many years now. Is that a fluke too

One brilliant guy doesn't mean they understand English.
All of us can't be lying. Their grammar is poor which is why they struggle with verbal and writing section of gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:13am On May 30, 2015
warriboy21:
omo dis uni has not responded to my mails containin bank statements to qucikly send my i20 o

its been 1week and no response,,i called dia graduate school and de sed i shud resend d mails

fall is almost ere o cry
help
you better, keep calling them like they are debtors. They get large volume of calls from different applicants.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:16am On May 30, 2015
oloyeadeniyi:

What about IELTS?
it's for both graduate and undergraduate. TOEFL/IELTs serve thesame purpose- test your English language competence

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:16am On May 30, 2015
bbdd:

One brilliant guy doesn't mean they understand English.
All of us can't be lying. Their grammar is poor which is why they struggle with verbal and writing section of gre
Correct. there is a difference between spelling and word construction. They have a weak command of English, and you wonder the near perfect gre verbal and TOEFL score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:19am On May 30, 2015
jenns:
your passport, I-20 and Sevis fee receipt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bebeto2014: 12:21am On May 30, 2015
please am.getting all this information for my friend. pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:24am On May 30, 2015
warriboy21:

fall is almost ere o cry
help
My friend who works at Valpo is no longer there. He's moved to another place if not, i would have called him up to help speed up your process.

Don't worry, you will get your admission packet soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:28am On May 30, 2015
zizou234:

I appreciate ur comments. I've not lied about any information i have released so far.....and am not planning too. I graduated with HND degree in computer engineering and been trying to apply for msc programme with no headway. Reasons am here to get some help. By the way i graduated with lower credit in one of the federal polytechnics
Thanks for appreciating that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:33am On May 30, 2015
bbdd:

Guy ehn
And even the US embassy in their country is friendly. They actually organize a student interview day where they even giv them refreshments. chaiiiii

Thats why many of them can die for admission. LOL!!
Agents are hammering there
That's true. They also get visa with community college. Their agents are genuine atleast not like naija agents

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 12:39am On May 30, 2015
zeezahbee:
That's true. They also get visa with community college. Their agents are genuine atleadt not like naija agents

Lol.
Got a mail from one girl telling me her agent said she shouldn't worry about statement of account.
That's how they'll produce oluwole and she'll be banned.

Another guy told me they said to the address to put on sevis fee is the address of the person paying the fee in America.
These agents are horrible people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 12:55am On May 30, 2015
Walspring:

Send me your digit via pm, we need to talk and its urgent..
sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:11am On May 30, 2015
DeeTus:
My friend who works at Valpo is no longer there. He's moved to another place if not, i would have called him up to help speed up your process.

Don't worry, you will get your admission packet soon.
You can still call him up, there is something called contacts. If you truly have a friend who have worked at valpraso, he should have contacts of people that can help speed up the process. Despite the fact that I no longer work with etisalat doesn't mean I don't have colleagues who work there that can help with any issues with ones line or job placement undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Amerinancy(f): 3:23am On May 30, 2015
Stewee:

Chai! grin
South Florida.
HONEY enjoy your vacation. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 5:39am On May 30, 2015
Amerinancy:
HONEY enjoy your vacation. smiley

Hahahahaahhahaah
My darling... I wish I was on vacation.
The hustle hasn't been more real.
God has just been merciful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.