Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State (17160 Views)

Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era / "Niger Delta" Biafra Threat: 31 Days Ultimatum Had Long Lapsed / What The Niger Delta Want From The Nigeria State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Gabriel300(m): 12:48pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:

You should be asking past Nigerian govts, GEJ did his bit through confab with Tinubu urging his party not to attend.
Tnks for pointing that out, but sentiments aside, do you honestly believe this 'dream' will be actualised?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 13, 2015
mr omooba they are talking about Biafra. where are you? come and disgrace yourself
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by vivalavida(m): 12:57pm On May 13, 2015
I love barcanista for one thing.
The guy digs and researches well and his articles and points are always on point.

Biafra and the Niger delta dont belong in this contraption called Nigeria. We have nothing in common with the southwesterners and the northern feudal revanchist. Any steps being taken to cancel this forced marriage by lord lugard is supportrd fully by me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ruggedboy01: 12:57pm On May 13, 2015
himkers:

Atimes I wonder what It takes to push for a referendum. It's high time Biafra and Niger delta seceeds from Nigeria entity..

When Biafra finally gets her independence, Alhaji fatai Okorocha will become the governor of plateau state
not just governor of plateau....... President of the Islamic Republic of arewa grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Mogidi: 12:57pm On May 13, 2015
Gabriel300:
Tnks for pointing that out, but sentiments aside, do you honestly believe this 'dream' will be actualised?

Its either a referendum or the destructive path of warfare, I know the one I prefer. For years Tinubu was at the forefront agitating for true federalism until it became clear GEJ was going to make the dream come true. Himself and his fellow journeymen scampered at the historic moment the confab was called, so much for someone who believes in true federalism.
But many in the SW believe in true federalism, e.g the OPC/Afenifere.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 13, 2015
Built2last:
I stand with true federalism.

Regionalise this country, it will reduce power at the center and engender competitive development in the regions.

Hit like if you share same views...share if you dont

You are the defending champion of the "most liked and shared comment"

You must have felt very different that day!

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by superstar1(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2015
Having read this, 2 questions came up. They are:

1. Why was there no agitation for Biafra or Upper Zambezi, whatever you like you can call it, under GEJ?

2. What stage of process are you now on the self determination process ladder?

Let us highlight the processes of self determination and let us all see the level to which your advocacy has gotten to on the process ladder. It shall be clear to all whether you are really walking the talk or just mouthing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by atlwireles: 1:03pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
POST 1999

[b]The Goodluck Jonathan Question(?)

For 5years Jonathan has been in power, he and other Niger Delta political leaders had erroneously assumed that better things can be got by maintaining the status quo. They maintained the status quo because it benefited them and in order to appear "nationalistic", but the events leading to March 28 proved to them all that "that was a wrong approach". The time has come for a change.

God Bless Niger Delta

Jonathan never maintained the status quo, either did Nigerdelta political leaders assume erroneously things will be better, they wanted peace at all cost, now we know better. The level of tribal animosity that plagued Jonathan's administration is unprecedented in the history of Nigeria. The average Nigerdeltan carried Nigeria on their heads more than any other tribe, before March 28. This too has now changed. The election answered lots of questions, people only asked privately.

The future has never been better, like people say, we not against anybody, we are just for ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by socialmediaman: 1:04pm On May 13, 2015
@barcanista, unlike the Biafra agitators who are very clear on their demands without conditions, you have not made up your mind yet. You don't even know if you want your own sovereignty or whether you want to remain in Nigeria. If you want to remain in Nigeria, you have to be willing to share. You have a point about the NNPC being in the Niger Delta Region, not just the NNPC, the NGC etc, but your demand of 50% derivation doesn't really come close to reality based on our presidential system of government, who will fund the federal government agencies? Except you want them to be the burden of the states too, so that government can focus of the army and federal institutions like Tax agencies. One more question, what happens if the economy is diversified and government decides to reduce its oil exports? And what if states afford to build refineries, buy oil and also export petrol, who will get the derivation?

8 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2015
obi4eze:
grin gringrin
Mr OP,
Why didn't you raise these issues when GEJ had time. Instead you were playing politics of bigotry, protection and hypocrisy.
Shebi your eye don open abi? Jonathan has done nothing for his people in the last five years and you are celebrating him. He was so clueless that he even forgot them.

BTW, how does locating the Headquarters of the Ministry of Niger Delta in Abuja stop development in that region?

let me help you bro...
Locating the NDDC, Ministry of ND etc will have VERY many positive effect especially economically on that region with particular reference to host community and state. Also the multiplier effect on the social, economic and political wellbeing of the populace will be tremendous...Imagine what positive effects location of higher institutions do have on host community in terms of development and apply it here...But note this will be more given economic rating of the actors....thanks
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, May God bless you! The future of Nigeria under this present political structure is in shambles. The call for a referendium is not only moral but it is also legitimate. Nigeria state need to be told the truth.
People has called me names here,because of same stand.i av' been tagged Igbo by many idiots,who doesnt know how weeks i spent in the creeks,to fight for the emancipation of Niger Delta.I went as far as swearing with my life and that of my father,to prove to one us.eless Ikwerreboy here yesterday,that am not Igbo,but a proud son of Niger Delta,and ibibio by ethnicity.by difference with him is that,i av' seen what he hasnt yet seen,and he is still living in pre/post war propoganda era,
Truth is that,our future is in danger,if we dont act now.
Absolute resource control/true federalism.Anything short of that,is outright division.
But hear the hardest truth;the last thing that the Hausa/fulani oligarchy,and their oil savvy/political surrogates/slaves in southwest will do,is to support it.
Nigeria=Niger Delta Oil.and Niger Delta Oil=Nigeria.Take our oil away,Nigeria collapses.
Our unity is 'oiled' by our oil and political inequality.
Our only option,is referrendum.
A negotiated Biafra/Lower Niger Region,where all groups are federating units,with less power at the centre,and absolute resource control,will be the best thing to happen to us.
We are 98% christains,with closely related cultures and boundaries.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:

We all have the right to self-determination, it is enshrined in the UN charter.

I can't help but wonder why the Nigeria state will rather want the people to force their way out rather than oto heed the path of reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 1:10pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

let me help you bro...
Locating the NDDC, Ministry of ND etc will have VERY many positive effect especially economically on that region with particular reference to host community and state. Also the multiplier effect on the social, economic and political wellbeing of the populace will be tremendous...Imagine what positive effects location of higher institutions do have on host community in terms of development and apply it here...But note this will be more given economic rating of the actors....thanks
so you have energy to waste on that lost soul.ok,kwontinu.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:11pm On May 13, 2015
ruggedboy01:
Land of rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
To give and not to count the cost’ each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness. cool cool

God bless you for this...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:15pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
so you have energy to waste on that lost soul.ok,kwontinu.

grincheesy Sometimes I imagine if its just mental incapacitation or mere joke that propels obi4eze...but I had to reply him maturely here to grant him that benefit of doubt...People should sometimes look at the bigger picture and not see things always through the mirror of partisanship...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
People has called me names here,because of same stand.i av' been tagged Igbo by many idiots,who doesnt know how weeks i spent in the creeks,to fight for the emancipation of Niger Delta.I went as far as swearing with my life and that of my father,to prove to one us.eless Ikwerreboy here yesterday,that am not Igbo,but a proud son of Niger Delta,and ibibio by ethnicity.by difference with him is that,i av' seen what he hasnt yet seen,and he is still living in pre/post war propoganda era,
Truth is that,our future is in danger,if we dont act now.
Absolute resource control/true federalism.Anything short of that,is outright division.
But hear the hardest truth;the last thing that the Hausa/fulani oligarchy,and their oil savvy/political surrogates/slaves in southwest will do,is to support it.
Nigeria=Niger Delta Oil.and Niger Delta Oil=Nigeria.Take our oil away,Nigeria collapses.
Our unity is 'oiled' by our oil and political inequality.
Our only option,is referrendum.
A negotiated Biafra/Lower Niger Region,where all groups are federating units,with less power at the centre,and absolute resource control,will be the best thing to happen to us.
We are 98% christains,with closely related cultures and boundaries.
It is worrisome that the same issue that patriarchs advocated for till their death is the same issue that we are still facing with no hope in sight. When late British PM Magareth Thatcher said Nigeria's unity is artificial and is powered by oil, many thought she was singing hymns. The call for referendum should not be delayed any longer. What makes me happy is that the unity of the SS/SE is waxing strong. Our culture, religion and even value system is identical.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Ayus34(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
POST 1999
What is Good For The SW Is Not Good For The SS?

Six months after President Obasanjo took over power, he moved the Headquarters of Nigeria Ports Authority(NPA) and a maritime agency (now NIMASA) to Lagos without waiting for approval of the National Assembly. The excuse is that Lagos is the home of the Ports.

However, the NNPC has its Headquarters in Abuja. Obasanjo never considered it wise to relocate the Agency to the Oil Producing Niger Delta. The Headquarters of the major oil companies are in Lagos and not in Portharcourt, Warri or Uyo. Yet, no one is talking about it. While the FCT Ministry is located in Abuja, the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs is not anywhere in the Niger Delta but still in Abuja.

When the NDDC was birthed in 2000, Obasanjo allocated a meagre N700m to the "intervention agency". Yet, he allocated N1.5billion each for the reconstruction or repairs of Ogunpa River/stream in Ibadan town of Oyo state and the Lagos beach in Lagos.

2005 and 2014 Political Conferences
In 2005 Constitutional Conference, the Niger Delta delegation had to stage a walk-out because their demand for 50% revenue allocation and Resource control was flatly rejected by non SS/SE delegation. In the 2014 Confab, the demand for 50% Oil derivation was resisted by the non SS/SE delegates. The Confab ended without reaching an agreement on that.

What Next For The Niger Delta?
The time has come for the people of the Niger Delta region to decide their fate and end the cycle of complaints/agitation. Political restructuring and demand for Resource Control and nothing less than 50% derivation should be pursued and must be accepted by the Nigeria State if the Unity of Nigeria is to be maintained. In absence of this, a referendum to determine whether or not we want to remain within the entity called Nigeria must be held.

The Biafran/Lower Niger Republic
It is true that some of our fathers resisted the Ojukwu led 1967 Biafran state due to unknown fear. However, time have proved that the fears of our fathers aren't justified. Hence, we can't hold on to the position. The Igbo nation has over the years shown brotherhood and are ever ready for a united mutually benefitting front. I believe a United Biafran State or Lower Niger Republic with clear understanding of structure and autonomy of every ethnic groups that makes up the state is a welcome development and the way forward for our people rather than continuous whining under this present arrangement. The right of the few that believe in the present arrangement shall be respected but every attempt for these group to suppress the voice of the majority that are poor and oppressed shall be resisted.

The Goodluck Jonathan Question(?)
For 5years Jonathan has been in power, he and other Niger Delta political leaders had erroneously assumed that better things can be got by maintaining the status quo. They maintained the status quo because it benefited them and in order to appear "nationalistic", but the events leading to March 28 proved to them all that "that was a wrong approach". The time has come for a change.

God Bless Niger Delta
Please quickly take the real step of separating from d country,infact 100% resource control will not be good for niger delta.....just call for total separation and i promise i will always be do everything under tge law to make it a reality for u guyz.....afterall AWO defined nigeria as a mere geographical region but ur short sighted azikwe objected it and ganged up with the same tribe u guyz hate today........even personally im tired of nigeria with Igbos sharing the same nationality.......the greatest problem A nation could ve is to ve Igbos as neighbour or nationals!anyleader against the breakage of the useless country will be put to shame IJN!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2015
atlwireles:

Jonathan never maintained the status quo, either did Nigerdelta political leaders assume erroneously things will be better, they wanted peace at all cost, now we know better. The level of tribal animosity that plagued Jonathan's administration is unprecedented in the history of Nigeria. The average Nigerdeltan carried Nigeria on their heads more than any other tribe, before March 28. This too has now changed. The election answered lots of questions, people only asked privately.

The future has never been better, like people say, we not against anybody, we are just for ourselves.
Jonathan isnt the worst president,but he happens to govern the set of worst people on planet earth.The change they wished for,is just the change of Jonathan,and nothing more.
The Hausa/fulani and their us.eless surrogate down here,the Southwest,are bunch of worst people on planet earth.they blackmailed jonathan out of office.any idiot who quotes me to talk trash,will go down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2015
PassingShot:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

And the madness continues unabated shocked

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by kettykings: 1:21pm On May 13, 2015
Should they start selling their properties in Lagos, it seems the concept of Biafra is now an idea whose time has come

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by MayorofLagos(m): 1:21pm On May 13, 2015
Sir Isaac Adaka Boro declared the Independent Niger Delta Republic in 1966 citing the marginalisation that the region suffered. He was misunderstood even by the locals and the republic only lasted for 12days before it was crushed. Boro would later joined the fight against the State of Biafra in order to preserve a United Nigeria in 1967. He was the Chief Proponent of Resource Control. This the Nigeria state never gave in despite the support of the region.

Late Ogoni and Niger Delta leader Ken Saro Wiwa was a strong supporter of a united Nigeria against the Ojukwu led Biafran State in 1967. He was to be killed by the same Nigeria State that he fought for all because he demanded for end to the marginalisation and a clean environment for Ogoni people and the Niger Delta region.

Barca,
Patriotism for pan Nigeria was not the reason for agitations in the Niger Delta.

Against Government policies which regarded the region as a minority, the people see themselves as an independent entity. Again, we cannot start telling of the political dynamics of Nigeria from the 60s alone we need to go back to the ages of "Treaties with the Coastal Kings" when the coastal people repulsed the dominance of an external power over their territorial domain. This energy and spirit did not die even though they ceded political authority to the might of the invaders.

There are truly three independent Nations in Southern Nigeria and they are:
1. Yoruba and proto Yoruba (Bini/Itsekiri)
2. Ijaw/Ogoni
3. Kalabari/Efik.

The Yoruba, Bini and Itsekiri was granted a political Independence in 1957 under what was called Western Nigeria. The territory covered from Lagos to Warri on the coast and from Ekiti to Asaba in the forest.

There was an Independent Eastern Nigeria also created in 1957 and put under political dominance of the Ibos, a new development in the political history of the Southern Kingdoms. The Ijaw/Ogoni and the Kalabari/Efik people werw underneath this new political formation, which later evolved into Biafra.

The agitatiin of Boko, Saro and others were therefore not to keep Nigeria together but rather to remain independent from Biafra/Eastern region and everyone else.

Please lets speak to true history and stop using the 60s as the beacon of political beginnings of the nations in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by AWONEYAN(m): 1:23pm On May 13, 2015
just because Jona lost abi...................
If GEJ had won his re-election, would you guys still been singing this song?
Just asking......

I am not a keen supporter of this forced almagamation in the first place.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by atlwireles: 1:25pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
Jonathan isnt the worst president,but he happens to govern the set of worst people on planet earth.The change they wished for,is just the change of Jonathan,and nothing more.
The Hausa/fulani and their us.eless surrogate down here,the Southwest,are bunch of worst people on planet earth.they blackmailed jonathan out of office.any idiot who quotes me to talk trash,will go down.

Only fools consider Jonathan the worst president, he remains by every empirical data the best President of Nigeria till today. Just like most Niger deltans till march 2015, he carried Nigeria matters on his head more than Nigeria.

Also, give up your impostor status and please never quote me again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:26pm On May 13, 2015
Ayus34:

Please quickly take the real step of separating from d country,infact 100% resource control will not be good for niger delta.....just call for total separation and i promise i will always be do everything under tge law to make it a reality for u guyz.....afterall AWO defined nigeria as a mere geographical region but ur short sighted azikwe objected it and ganged up with the same tribe u guyz hate today........even personally im tired of nigeria with Igbos sharing the same nationality.......the greatest problem A nation could ve is to ve Igbos as neighbour or nationals!anyleader against the breakage of the useless country will be put to shame IJN!

I don't want this to degenerate into ethnic war but what did Awolowo do when it was time to put those his words to action?...don't reply me...just keep meditating on the answer....thanks

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 13, 2015
Dear Biafrans!

My passion for Biafra is not about oil!
I am more concerned of the systematic annihilation by Jihardists who will love to see us conquered.
It is either we get cowed and accept the primitive Arabic system of life in the name of a religion or we shall be killed and our lands taken over!
This is the greatest of all the dangers than even the take over of the oil.

If I have my way, I will trade the oil for our freedom.
With our freedom, we can can achieve our dreams!

Our dream is Industrialisation (creativity, Research, productivity), then we add commercialisation.

We shall be the "China" of the black race and the "Dubai" Of Africa.

We need to focus!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 13, 2015
socialmediaman:
@barcanista, unlike the Biafra agitators who are very clear on their demands without conditions, you have not made up your mind yet. You don't even know if you want your own sovereignty or whether you want to remain in Nigeria. If you want to remain in Nigeria, you have to be willing to share. You have a point about the NNPC being in the Niger Delta Region, not just the NNPC, the NGC etc, but your demand of 50% derivation doesn't really come close to reality based on our presidential system of government, who will fund the federal government agencies? Except you want them to be the burden of the states too, so that government can focus of the army and federal institutions like Tax agencies. One more question, what happens if the economy is diversified and government decides to reduce its oil exports? And what if states afford to build refineries, buy oil and also export petrol, who will get the derivation?
I don't really get your point but I will try to respond.

The present constitution is a fraud and does not represent the wish of the ss/se. So that is even out of the question. Before oil was found in commercial quantity, Nigeria practised the 50% derivation of groundnut and other resources. There is no divine instruction that the SS should suffer for others to enjoy. No way! Wehn we talk of "Derivation" we mean OIL derivation and other mineral resources and tax. We don't care who diversifies or not dude.

As for whether or not I'm for Biafra/Lower Niger Republic, the SS/SE have been very fair. It is either there is equity and end to marginalisation or we do a referendum to determine whether or not we want to remain. We don't have to kill ourselves to make statement. I am 100% aligned to this position

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
It is worrisome that the same issue that patriarchs advocated for till their death is the same issue that we are still facing with no hope in sight. When late British PM Magareth Thatcher said Nigeria's unity is artificial and is powered by oil, many thought she was singing hymns. The call for referendum should not be delayed any longer. What makes me happy is that the unity of the SS/SE is waxing strong. Our culture, religion and even value system is identical.
We cant continue to be enemy of ourselves,which gives birth to our exploitation.
I cant imagine Exxonmobil operating in my fatherland,while its operational headquatre is in far away lagos.what for?.do they share in oil spills that ravages our land and pollutes our waters?.please tell me,what for?.whats the rationale behind hotsing NNPC headquarter,NDDC,and its affaliates,etc,in Abuja,while they leave us with oil pollution.sometimes i feel like slapping anyone that comes here to tell me why we should be one Nigeria,without first correcting the injustice meted against our people.

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 13, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Just asking......

Jonathan ascending to Aso Rock was a little "pause" on the "long walk to freedom"!

The pause is over, on the match again!

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by mobaking: 1:37pm On May 13, 2015
If u want seperation,put pressure on ur governors,elected officials and traditional rulers to take the neccesary steps and start following the U.N procedures to secession.But I will tell u why it will fail, you people love money more than freedom.The average easterner will be shouting biafra at the same moment thinking of increasing his shops in kano instead of moving his business back to Biafra to develop it.Put ur money where ur mouth is.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Ayus34(m): 1:41pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I don't want this to degenerate into ethnic war but what did Awolowo do when it was time to put those his words to action?...don't reply me...just keep meditating on the answer....thanks
U are a fool.....u quoted my comment and u re telling me not to reply u,thunder fire ur yansh......u want awo to join u in ur unplanned,unreasonable,unrealistic war....when there better means of separation......the best way to separate was the creator of this useless country to put it into law in uk house of paliament,which awo fought for but ur myopic azikwe was against it and u are talking about putting it to action.....u mean a well respected man like Awo should put foolishness to action like azikwe?
slowpoke IS UR SECOND NAME!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:41pm On May 13, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Just asking......

I believe that if Jonathan won that he would have implemented the Confab report which is a quasi-restructuring of the system and probably achieve increased resource control even if not up to 50%...And these won't be palatable to the oligarchs up north hence they had to take advantage of Tinubu lust for power cum SW craze for attention and authority to scuttle those moves by Jonathan...

Check pre-confab statements by leaders of the north including those in PDP and see that they were mandated to protect the interest of the NORTH not NIGERIA...And coincidentally, most of the results in confab report are pro-nigeria but anti-north. What do you think would be their next move if not to force Jonathan out to scuttle the implementation of the said report....thanks

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 1:44pm On May 13, 2015
atlwireles:

Only fools consider Jonathan the worst president, he remains by every empirical data the best President of Nigeria till today. Just like most Niger deltans till march 2015, he carried Nigeria matters on his head more than Nigeria.

Also, give up your impostor status and please never quote me again.
Seems you misunderstood my the last part of comment that you quoted,i was trying to say that,any 'idiot that will quote me to say Jonathan was voted out because of poor performance,other than the known conspiracy of our internal colonialists,must go down'.wasn't referring to you,cos' they will come quoting me,to talk their usual rubbish.
BTW,am not an imposter,i live it real.
We need freedom ASAP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Vs Enugu Which Is More Developed? / Kehinde Ajibade: IPPIS Is A Scam, FG Deceived Us / Court Refuses To Compel DSS To Release Ifeanyi Ubah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.