Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State (17172 Views)

Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era / "Niger Delta" Biafra Threat: 31 Days Ultimatum Had Long Lapsed / What The Niger Delta Want From The Nigeria State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 4:49pm On May 13, 2015
You must be out of touch with reality!!!

senier007:
I think this op is no more in touch with reality, the whole world is watching you people, when GEJ was in power nobody called for succession, during campaigning nobody calls for succession, when GEJ was rejected in a fair match you turn to GMB calling him all sort of names, you criticize his policy that were never implemented, when all that fail, you turn to activist that can't take a single bullet for his GF, I challenge all of you people calling for succession to go ahead and do it, bluffing or blackmailing will not work cuz the whole world knew that kind of hypocrites you are, calling for succession after loosing an election, if you truly want to live the union why do you partake in the just concluded election? Bad looser hiding under alias, the day you people started thinking through your head is the day you will realize having oil is not the answer to your problem, being rich doesn't translate to being happy, I am in support of dissolution of the so called union, no country in the world today is rich cuz of oil! I repeat no country is rich cuz of oil. Russia, Britain, Indonesia, China, Japan, are not among the world producers of oil but they are the movers and shakers of the world economy, Japan was build based on technology. Lazy leader begets lazy followers.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 4:50pm On May 13, 2015
Amen!!

barcanista:
we shall continue to spread the word even to the deaf.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2015
francizy:

You sent a request? Guy chill na.. You didn't even ask me when last infused Facebook... Had to login now to accept ur request.

I don't understand the bolded..

Did I tell you that I am on Facebook.....see me see wahala oooo
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 13, 2015
noblezone:

Barcanista, I am hardly emotional, these two lines of yours has drawn some emotions here.
Ironsi was so Nigerian, he thought Nigeria was "ONE". Then, he entrusted his life in the hands of those who hated him with passion.
They took his life!

Jonathan worked for Northern Nigeria in a way no leader in Nigeria has ever worked.
He believed in "ONE" Nigeria.

It is time our people understand Nigeria for she cruelly is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
We? Who and who are the we? Why not mention your ethnic group?

you bayelsa boy can join biafra okay? are we done now?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
The actualisation of dreams is in the reality of the dreamer, and the way the dreamer manages that reality to craft strategic intent, and meet goals and objectives. It might be considered smart to fool others, but it is the greatest foolishness of all to fool ourselves!! We either take the gauntlet or perish into oblivion!

If you think we can do it, we can do it! Its in your mind!!

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

― Henry Ford

Gabriel300:
Tnks for pointing that out, but sentiments aside, do you honestly believe this 'dream' will be actualised?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by francizy(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Did I tell you that I am on Facebook.....see me see wahala oooo

Bia IFE nke na ANYI, taki kwa time oh! I see as you turn that place to political Encyclopedia..

Hehehehehe, na matter of time you go emerge as Candidate and subsequently you go become Anambra state Governor..
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
Yes, we can't deny it!!! But it hurts...it hurts badly!! People laughed at Orubebe, but I understand his rage in a way only an Ijaw man would! It wasn't about Jonathan, it was about the putrid rape of our sensitivities via a systematic rigging based on tribal sentiments and outright hate!! As proud people, who expected some level playing ground, and provided it, it was a rape of innocence! We now know our enemies clearly!!

I felt the pains of Godsday Orubebe though I wish that he controlled his emotion. Honestly, I saw the pains in the heart of the Efik man, the Ibibio man, the Oron man, the Igbo man, Ijawman, Ikwerre man up to Urhobo man. But I am glad it provided an avanue for our people to wake up and know what is at stake though some refused to learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Genius100: 5:16pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
Which Obj? Obj that wanted to reduce the earning of the SS through his fraudulent Onshore/offshore dichotomy? By the way who ever asked for 13% derivative? It was Abdulsallam and not Obj that introduced the 13% and not obj. Read your history!

By the way: who care about 13%? We are talking 50% and you are talking 13%. I should take 13% of MY resources while you and your friends enjoy 87% abi? Well done.

Guy, are you a dullard? Under whose administration was the 13% approved? Yes, it was OBJ. The bigger achievement lays in the approval not the introduction. Second, what did GEJ do for Niger Delta that compares to what OBJ did for them? Third, why didn't GEJ give the ND 50%?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by kakakent: 5:18pm On May 13, 2015
All this naija deltans eh mtcheeeew now we re ur brodas with the stories my grandad told me abt what u folks did during the war seriously u pple (jona) doesn't deserve the number of votes he got from the south east anyway ka anyi na ele unu na anya
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 5:23pm On May 13, 2015
donnypool:

Thank God for that o, southern nigeria is better than being a biafran, south south will be an independent nation on her own.

we nor want biafra
Your Opinion!
There are Igbo speaking people in south-south.....
Not all south-south was included in Biafra...
Can you pls specify where you come from?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:24pm On May 13, 2015
francizy:

Bia IFE nke na ANYI, taki kwa time oh! I see as you turn that place to political Encyclopedia..

Hehehehehe, na matter of time you go emerge as Candidate and subsequently you go become Anambra state Governor..

Where are you talking of...I am lost here plzzz
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 13, 2015
Genius100:

Guy, are you a dullard? Under whose administration was the 13% approved? Yes, it was OBJ. The bigger achievement lays in the approval not the introduction. Second, what did GEJ do for Niger Delta that compares to what OBJ did for them? Third, why didn't GEJ give the ND 50%?
You should consider reading your history. It was Gen Abubakar that decreed the 13% derivation formular and inputed it into the Military 1999 Constitution. In fact, it was Alabo Wellington Okrika and other SS delegation that made case for the meagre 25% derivation during Abacha's 1994 constitutional Conference. 13% was finally agreed and it was approved by Abacha but not yet decreed. It was Abubakar that decreed it in the 1999 Constitution. Obasanjo did Nothing other than create the fraudulent NDDC. The 2005 Obj's conference was fraudulent and they tactically avoided our demand. Same with GEJ's 2014 Conference where the SW and the North refused our 50% demand. Stop giving credit to Obj.

Meanwhile, Abdulsalam approved the 13% because the Ijaw Youths were determined to self-determination. Not because he liked us.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

Your Opinion!
There are Igbo speaking people in south-south.....
Not all south-south was included in Biafra...
Can you pls specify where you come from?

Nairaland warriors, why not go out with a banner and fight for an independent biafra, instead of online rants
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 5:33pm On May 13, 2015
To be fair to you, you attempted to be objective in a corny way; however, like a leaky bucket, your bigotry showed in naked colours! I will answer your questions:

1. There was agitation for Biafra, however it was more subtle because there was need to see if the Nigerian project can be sustained through a Goodluck presidency!! Well, the jury is still out on whether we can live together as a Nation, but certainly not under these current shackles of hatred and injustice!

2. Since its impossible to be omniscient, its not possible to know all the steps of the ladder the various agitating groups are at, but I am sure we are all past the ladder of "kissing the proverbial Nigerian ass", and we are somewhere nearer the ladder of "how do we unite ourselves more efficiently?". Capisce?

3. Advocacy is a continuum! It starts with the feeling of discomfiture and continues through the actualisation of freedom from the situation! No intelligent group would throw their process to you for your juvenile assessment! As in all things, time will tell!!

Verbum sat sapienti est!

superstar1:
Having read this, 2 questions came up. They are:

1. Why was there no agitation for Biafra or Upper Zambezi, whatever you like you can call it, under GEJ?

2. What stage of process are you now on the self determination process ladder?

Let us highlight the processes of self determination and let us all see the level to which your advocacy has gotten to on the process ladder. It shall be clear to all whether you are really walking the talk or just mouthing.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 5:42pm On May 13, 2015
My brother, I understand your scepticism...I was equally upbeat at the possibility of an alliance with Igbos, but whatever may have been the history between us, simple logic says we should let bygones be bygones and face our common enemy! More things unite us than what divides us!!

Further more, you do not chase cockroaches in a burning house!!!

kakakent:
All this naija deltans eh mtcheeeew now we re ur brodas with the stories my grandad told me abt what u folks did during the war seriously u pple (jona) doesn't deserve the number of votes he got from the south east anyway ka anyi na ele unu na anya
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2015
donnypool:

Nairaland warriors, why not go out with a banner and fight for an independent biafra, instead of online rants
Mumu Yoruba Boy....
Where do you come from?
You are rejected. We don't need you.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by fineguy11(m): 5:45pm On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
Petty abuse is the recourse of the cowed!! Shift!!!

i can see u're starved of attention on nairaland if not why wld any person quote an insult directed@another person..abeg drop dat techno phone and go do ur homework kiddo......
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2015
Why should the Ministry (not commission) of Niger Delta, a federal ministry, be in the Niger Delta? Very soon you will call for the Ministry of Mines and Solid Mineral to be in Ajaokuta or Itakpe, Kogi State; the Ministry of Water Resources in Rivers State; the Ministry of Trade and Investment in Nnewi or Onitsha, Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 13, 2015
donnypool:

Thank God for that o, southern nigeria is better than being a biafran, south south will be an independent nation on her own.

we nor want biafra
Is it we or you?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ebamma(m): 5:48pm On May 13, 2015
Barcanista Bro, our grand fathers didn't reject Biafra due to ignorance or because of their love for Nigeria,
The rejected it because the didn't want us to be minorities again in a new country
Niger delta Republic not Biafra is the answer to our problems
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by fineguy11(m): 5:48pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
I felt the pains of Godsday Orubebe though I wish that he controlled his emotion. Honestly, I saw the pains in the heart of the Efik man, the Ibibio man, the Oron man, the Igbo man, Ijawman, Ikwerre man up to Urhobo man. But I am glad it provided an avanue for our people to wake up and know what is at stake though some refused to learn.
dont u dare call ibibio there u hypocrite......
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

Mumu Yoruba Boy....
Where do you come from?
You are rejected. We don't need you.

am neither yoruba, hausa nor igbo, but this stupid seun need to keep you cowards in check by deleting biafra threads until there is real life protest. Am tired of you internet biafran loyalist shouting like loose dogs about independence meanwhile majority of you guys is either in the west, south, north, south africa or indonesia jail awaiting drug trial.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by fineguy11(m): 5:51pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:
Barcanista Bro, our grand fathers didn't reject Biafra due to ignorance or because of their love for Nigeria,
The rejected it because the didn't want us to be minorities again in a new country
i share the same view...i rather have an independent naija delta republic than a biafra that wld be dominated by igbos....
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Is it we or you?

Go back to the east and request for a biafra state that's how sane people work. You can't be in delta state, PH city or calabar screaming biafra.

take your butt back to the east and fight for your people.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:

Thank you brother, you share same view as mine. How can Niger delta be a minority again in a Biafra dominated by only IGBO? its better to be a minority in Nigeria than biafra.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 5:59pm On May 13, 2015
So in order words, a referendum should be conducted. If that's what the OP entire write up is then I'm in total support of it. I am complete disagreement with any minority group joining Biafra. Like I told SE Igbos and I'm going to say the same thing to you OP if minority groups are included in biafra, count anioma out of that nation, we'll stay in Nigeria or stay on our own. The same way if Anioma is included in ND republic, once again count us out.
Biafra is SE, Anioma igbo and rivers igbo
ND republic is for the rest of una

That's all I want and all I support.

#no hatred towards other SS groups. I just want a peaceful nation to call my own and teach my future kids about. That is all
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by lazsnaira(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2015
Unfortunately there can never be a country called Niger Delta.

Because Niger Delta is nothing without the South East.

Niger Delta or South West can never secede from the country Nigeria.

So if anyone in the Niger Delta, including the Igbos there is dreaming of freedom someday either for themselves or for the generations unborn, the only answer is BIAFRA.

And as to the issue of being a minority, I don't see it happening in a country where you already have more states than the south east.

But having said that, the decision is all yours. Your fathers made their own decisions, died in the process, and left you the hand outs you're now receiving through nddc, and that's all you will ever get in a Nigerian country. And if you doubt me, make the least attempt at a republic of your own and see the movie.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2015
donnypool:

am neither yoruba, hausa nor igbo, but this stupid seun need to keep you cowards in check by deleting biafra threads until there is real life protest. Am tired of you internet biafran loyalist shouting like loose dogs about independence meanwhile majority of you guys is either in the west, south, north, south africa or indonesia jail awaiting drug trial.
South south is divided in (across the Niger and mid-west)...
You are afraid to mention your tribe....
10 states constitutes Niger-delta... If I may ask, what is the meaning of Niger-delta?
TELL ME YOUR TRIBE.,
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:
how many people supported Adaka Boro when he declared ND Republic in 1966? Our Grannies opposition to biafra was because they feared that the status of minority will be sustained. Add to the fact that there wasn't proper communication and understanding by some of the leaders. Plus some of our leaders were benefiting from Nigeria state and rather wanted the united arrangement to stay. They never advocated for independent Niger Delta Country but were for "One Nigeria" and of course equity, which they never got. We don't need a "Niger Delta Republic", we need a Lower Niger/Biafran Republic where every ethnic Nationality will be autonomous and a weak central. The truth is the term "South South" or Niger Delta has never been an administrative region of its own. Edo and Delta were part of the Midwest, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Cross Rivers were part of the Eastern Region. In Delta you have Anioma that is Igbo. In same Delta you have the Ijaws. In Rivers you have the Ndonis and other igbo tribes. Should we run along with a political expression to divide brothers? Aren't the Ethnic groups in the SS closer to the Igbos in terms of tradition, culture and even belief system? What about the existing unity and relationstions between the people of part of Midwest and Old Easten region that existed pre-civil war?

Irrespective on how we look at it, a united SS/SE is our best bet. I wholly signup for this.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by DerideGull(m): 6:03pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
PRE-1999
So many things have been said and written of the traditional Niger Delta region. From the Environmental pollution in Ogoniland, the political and economic marginalisation, the total neglect of the people, the demonisation of those in struggle up to the indigenous stooges of the oppressors that parade themselves as leaders of the region. What has the Niger Delta gained from the Nigeria State? What lies in wait for the future?

Biriye, Boro and Saro Wiwa Positions
Prior to the first republic Niger Delta and Ijaw Leader Alabo Dappa Biriye formed a political party for the Eastern Minorities- The Niger Delta Council (NDC). Despite the fact that the NDC won a seat to the House of Representative through Melford Okilo, and also formed alliance with the Northern People's Congress(NPC) that formed the government, the demand of the region wasn't considered nor met. Dappa Biriye was pan-Nigerian, he was very close to Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Yakubu Gowon, Muritala Muhammed and even Segun Obasanjo. Yet, his "friends" never gave him his demand for 50% derivation/Resource Control. At best, he got political appointment.

Sir Isaac Adaka Boro declared the Independent Niger Delta Republic in 1966 citing the marginalisation that the region suffered. He was misunderstood even by the locals and the republic only lasted for 12days before it was crushed. Boro would later joined the fight against the State of Biafra in order to preserve a United Nigeria in 1967. He was the Chief Proponent of Resource Control. This the Nigeria state never gave in despite the support of the region.

Late Ogoni and Niger Delta leader Ken Saro Wiwa was a strong supporter of a united Nigeria against the Ojukwu led Biafran State in 1967. He was to be killed by the same Nigeria State that he fought for all because he demanded for end to the marginalisation and a clean environment for Ogoni people and the Niger Delta region.

The Abdulsalam Abubakar Oppression
In 1998 Ijaw Youths made a declaration in Kaiama Bayelsa state calling for the end of oppression and outlined the Ijaw demands within the Nigeria state. Rather than heed to the demand, the administration of Abdulsalam Abubakar sent 1,500 Soldiers and two war ships to the region. More than 3 Youths were attacked, brutalised and killed even without provocation in Bayelsa state

The above post tends to engender emotional outburst especially when I see the kids of those northerners who fought Biafra swim in currencies of any sort while those from the so-called Niger Delta bath in crude oil contaminated streams with sure visit of cancer in near future. The most disgusting sight was the kids from the so-called Niger Delta working heard on dump sites trying to sustain life through illegal distillation of crude oil. Anyway, the current demand for the resource control is a fantasy only conjured by emotionally disturbed Nigerians. I really do not pity the southerners because the time for such human action has gone beyond human intellect.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 6:06pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
People has called me names here,because of same stand.i av' been tagged Igbo by many idiots,who doesnt know how weeks i spent in the creeks,to fight for the emancipation of Niger Delta.I went as far as swearing with my life and that of my father,to prove to one us.eless Ikwerreboy here yesterday,that am not Igbo,but a proud son of Niger Delta,and ibibio by ethnicity.by difference with him is that,i av' seen what he hasnt yet seen,and he is still living in pre/post war propoganda era,
Truth is that,our future is in danger,if we dont act now.
Absolute resource control/true federalism.Anything short of that,is outright division.
But hear the hardest truth;the last thing that the Hausa/fulani oligarchy,and their oil savvy/political surrogates/slaves in southwest will do,is to support it.
Nigeria=Niger Delta Oil.and Niger Delta Oil=Nigeria.Take our oil away,Nigeria collapses.
Our unity is 'oiled' by our oil and political inequality.
Our only option,is referrendum.
A negotiated Biafra/Lower Niger Region,where all groups are federating units,with less power at the centre,and absolute resource control,will be the best thing to happen to us.
We are 98% christains,with closely related cultures and boundaries.

Actually ikwerreboy is actually a yoruba known as vansnicker. He masqueraded himself as ikwerre in other to start problems between SS and SE and when his Vansnicker ID was banned, he created the ikwerre boy ID. The dude is not remotely close to being from SS. He's a bona-fide SW coward. Listen to him at your own peril

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling / Ganduje Bribery: Police Ban Students From Protest Against Kano Governor / Akwa Ibom: Umo Eno Dragged To Court Over Age Falsification, Certificate Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.