Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State (17169 Views)

Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era / "Niger Delta" Biafra Threat: 31 Days Ultimatum Had Long Lapsed / What The Niger Delta Want From The Nigeria State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by francizy(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Where are you talking of...I am lost here plzzz
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
fineguy11:
i share the same view...i rather have an independent naija delta republic than a biafra that wld be dominated by igbos....
Niger Delta comprises 10 states...
Mention your Tribe...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by angelsing(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2015
E ma do ra yin ni tan...let everybody just go their way, enough of this brouhaha everyday on nairaland...*am off to see my gf Ifeoma*
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

South south is divided in (across the Niger and mid-west)...
You are afraid to mention your tribe....
10 states constitutes Niger-delta... If I may ask, what is the meaning of Niger-delta?
TELL ME YOUR TRIBE.,

Bro, stay in the east and declear independent, I don't want to be a minority in Biafra, so leave other non eastern states alone.
Why not just focus on eastern states only?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ebamma(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
how many people supported Adaka Boro when he declared ND Republic in 1966? Our Grannies opposition to biafra was because they feared that the status of minority will be sustained. Add to the fact that there wasn't proper communication and understanding by some of the leaders. Plus some of our leaders were benefiting from Nigeria state and rather wanted the united arrangement to stay. They never advocated for independent Niger Delta Country but were for "One Nigeria" and of course equity, which they never got. We don't need a "Niger Delta Republic", we need a Lower Niger/Biafran Republic where every ethnic Nationality will be autonomous and a weak central. The truth is the term "South South" or Niger Delta has never been an administrative region of its own. Edo and Delta were part of the Midwest, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Cross Rivers were part of the Eastern Region. In Delta you have Anioma that is Igbo. In same Delta you have the Ijaws. In Rivers you have the Ndonis and other igbo tribes. Should we run along with a political expression to divide brothers? Aren't the Ethnic groups in the SS closer to the Igbos in terms of tradition, culture and even belief system? What about the existing unity and relationstions between the people of part of Midwest and Old Easten region that existed pre-civil war?

Irrespective on how we look at it, a united SS/SE is our best bet. I wholly signup for this.
it's better for the ikwerre and anioma igbos to be minorities in Niger delta Republic, than the ijaws, I ibibios, annangs, urhobos,orons ,ukwani,ajaghams,yakurrs, itshekiri etc,to be minorities in Biafra
on Nigeria I still stand bro until we can get our own Niger delta republic
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 6:20pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
Jonathan isnt the worst president,but he happens to govern the set of worst people on planet earth.The change they wished for,is just the change of Jonathan,and nothing more.
The Hausa/fulani and their us.eless surrogate down here,the Southwest,are bunch of worst people on planet earth.they blackmailed jonathan out of office.any idiot who quotes me to talk trash,will go down.

My sentiment exactly. They accuse GEJ as the most corrupt president in history of Nigeria and everyday during that accusations I kept checking the world corruption index to see if Nigeria ranked as the worst and ironically it didn't. Infact, moved up albeit a bit. It made me wonder for a nation that held the position as the most corrupt country in the entire planet for damn near a decade accuse a man as being the most corrupt yet his administration never recieved such rank, that says quite alot how much they abhor him and using illogical reason to back it up. Even NOI they constantly attacking, belittling, etc used the little power she had to completely erase Nigeria high accumulated debts. Ironically, it's that same woman they accuse of indebting the country. What was the reason for the hatred and sheer display of non gratitude towards? It was simple, she was an igbo and a SS. Smh!!! The Economy increased, despite the distractions from SW and North, yet they dismissed such process and deemed it "fake" even though CNN amd other nations verified the report. After a while, I realized the hatred towards GEJ isn't because he is as bad as they claimed, Infact out of all nigerian past president, he was the best they had but their hatred towards his ethnicity created propaganda to belittle his effort.
He wasn't the best towards the BH problem, which to be honest I really don't blame him because considering the amount of sympathizes BH was getting from northerners, could we really blame him for being suspicious?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 6:22pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:
it's better for the ikwerre and anioma igbos to be minorities in Niger delta Republic, than the ijaws, I ibibios, annangs, urhobos,orons ,ukwani,ajaghams,yakurrs, itshekiri etc,to be minorities in Biafra

Anioma are not joining any ND republic. We are not your minority.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by DerideGull(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:

The above conjecture is a product of troubled mind.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by fineguy11(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

Niger Delta comprises 10 states...
Mention your Tribe...
im an ibibio frm ikot abasi...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2015
donnypool:

Bro, stay in the east and declear independent, I don't want to be a minority in Biafra, so leave other non eastern states alone.
Why not just focus on eastern states only?
Mumu! Tell me your tribe.....
South-East was a political marginalization....
Igbos does not represent south-east only.....
Tell me your tribe for the last time.....
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2015
BEFORE THE SPIRIT OF ORUBEBE DIES...

Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for "get Jonathan out of the way election". From the comments of Danjuma, to the rants of Junaid Mohammed, Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list.

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets and made a fugitive in his supposed fatherland.

Yes, subsequently we were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of our people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments. While NigerDelta were brainwashed through series of well oiled propaganda to see the Igbos as their enemies and root cause of their problem. While the alien term SS came into being to highlight the divide always.

SouthWest were made heroes of their fellow southern brothers woes; but unfortunately were eaten by same tiger they fed. Awolowo was stampeded even to death. And Abiola who had national appeal was not allowed to be. Finally, he became a story and a sentence in the past amidst laughter from the lords of Nigeria.

Obasanjo thrived with the hides and shadow of late Shehu Yar'adua. He is cat with nine lives. He had his bread buttered by the gods but choose to dine with devil and became lord of demons. Blood of the innocent especially from the creeks cries around him for vengeance.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like Igbo. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any Southerner(easterner) rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co. Boys talk; men act.

North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South. Irrespective of South's discontent with government in power; unless North decide otherwise the government MUST persist.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aboki" ruled my grandfather, my father and now myself. When will it all end with all the sycophants, "sabos", and seeming half smart people we have.

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by superstar1(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
To be fair to you, you attempted to be objective in a corny way; however, like a leaky bucket, your bigotry showed in naked colours! I will answer your questions:

1. There was agitation for Biafra, however it was more subtle because there was need to see if the Nigerian project can be sustained through a Goodluck presidency!! Well, the jury is still out on whether we can live together as a Nation, but certainly not under these current shackles of hatred and injustice!

2. Since its impossible to be omniscient, its not possible to know all the steps of the ladder the various agitating groups are at, but I am sure we are all past the ladder of "kissing the proverbial Nigerian ass", and we are somewhere nearer the ladder of "how do we unite ourselves more efficiently?". Capisce?

3. Advocacy is a continuum! It starts with the feeling of discomfiture and continues through the actualisation of freedom from the situation! No intelligent group would throw their process to you for your juvenile assessment! As in all things, time will tell!!

Verbum sat sapienti est!

Beautiful.

1. Don't you think your advocacy would have been better heard and achieved under GEJ, one of your Upper Zambezi or Lower Limpopo alliance?

2. Show me one country in recent times that has achieved secession base on this your strategy. Let us subject it to empirical test, whether such strategy works or not?

3. Which world power have you gone into alliance with to back you up at UN? Do you think secession is about Radio Biafra or carrying Israeli Flag.

4. What are the deft international political moves you have made to actualise your dream?

You are busy associating with Catalonia, another presumed separatist state and you expect any EU nation to support you at UN? By extension US will not.

China and Russia have their own separatist battles, they will never back secession of any state. Who is left to offer the support?

Maybe Equatorial Guinea, Cote 'Ivoire, Tanzania etc once again.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by DerideGull(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2015
OneNaira6:

Anioma are not joining any ND republic. We are not your minority.

Bros you know the citizens of USA say that stupidity cannot be fixed. The poster of the post you responded aptly fits this saying.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 6:31pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

South south is divided in (across the Niger and mid-west)...
You are afraid to mention your tribe....
10 states constitutes Niger-delta... If I may ask, what is the meaning of Niger-delta?
TELL ME YOUR TRIBE.,

He's iteskiri so pretty much offset yoruba
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by kakakent: 6:32pm On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
My brother, I understand your scepticism...I was equally upbeat at the possibility of an alliance with Igbos, but whatever may have been the history between us, simple logic says we should let bygones be bygones and face our common enemy! More things unite us than what divides us!!

Further more, you do not chase cockroaches in a burning house!!!

Yup bro handshake... Btw my elder sis z married to a warri guy he z a cul dude

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:
Pls, can you tell me the name of your tribe?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 6:34pm On May 13, 2015
DerideGull:

Bros you know the citizens of USA say that stupidity cannot be fixed. The poster of the post you responded aptly fits this saying.

Well put.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Jesusloveyou: 6:40pm On May 13, 2015
mobaking:
If u want seperation,put pressure on ur governors,elected officials and traditional rulers to take the neccesary steps and start following the U.N procedures to secession.But I will tell u why it will fail, you people love money more than freedom.The average easterner will be shouting biafra at the same moment thinking of increasing his shops in kano instead of moving his business back to Biafra to develop it.Put ur money where ur mouth is.
secession wil never work,how did u expect a greedy igboman to abandon everything he has labour for in north,southwest and midwest.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2015
fineguy11:
Nice one! Do you know that an Ibibio Man was once a Biafra president? Do you know the meaning of Niger-delta? Incase I forget, Akpabio honouring the great Biafran heroes....
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2015
fineguy11:
Nice one! Do you know that an Ibibio Man was once a Biafra president? Do you know the meaning of Niger-delta? Incase I forget, Akpabio honouring the great Biafran heroes....

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

Mumu! Tell me your tribe.....
South-East was a political marginalization....
Igbos does not represent south-east only.....
Tell me your tribe for the last time.....

yes you represent south east only. JEEZZZ what is wrong with igbo people sef, you need not only biafra, but half of niger delta regions that are non igbo speaking people, y'all are confused.

Like i said i am a minority in the south. we don't want biafra oooooooooooooooooooooo!!! take your east and go away.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:52pm On May 13, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
secession wil never work,how did u expect a greedy igboman to abandon everything he has labour for in north,southwest and midwest.
Greedy man indeed!
Ojukwu father, Loius-Ojukwu was the second richest Man in Nigeria... His father sent him to School to study Law. His father's(Loius) plan for him was to take over his wealth... Emeka Ojukwu went to Cambridge, studied History instead. Graduated and joined the Nigeria Army... He fought for the freedom of his people and his neighbour with his Father's wealth simply because of Unjustice...
He single handedly fought many Nigerian Warlords including many foreign countries aiding Nigeria....
Pls, is that greediness?
Ojukwu is a hero, though he is dead, but his manhood lives on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Mogidi: 6:53pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
BEFORE THE SPIRIT OF ORUBEBE DIES...

[size=15pt]The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...[/size]

Perpetually embedded in my subconscious, I've relived that moment in my mind a thousand times.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 6:54pm On May 13, 2015
donnypool:

yes you represent south east only. JEEZZZ what is wrong with igbo people sef, you need not only biafra, but half of niger delta regions that are non igbo speaking people, y'all are confused.

Like i said i am a minority in the south. we don't want biafra oooooooooooooooooooooo!!! take your east and go away.
Hahahahaha, you are itshekiri... You are rejected... You should even be begging us before we even consider you....
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by atlwireles: 6:55pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:

Perpetually embedded in my subconscious, I've relived that moment in my mind a thousand times.

I have listened to lots of old Sonny Okosun music. Playing old tapes of Bishop Benson idahosa to bring peace to my soul. Our salvation from this hell call Nigeria is at hand.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 13, 2015
francizy:

Bia IFE nke na ANYI, taki kwa time oh! I see as you turn that place to political Encyclopedia..

Hehehehehe, na matter of time you go emerge as Candidate and subsequently you go become Anambra state Governor..
I will gladly vote for him.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by cheruv: 6:59pm On May 13, 2015
ebamma:
why is it better to have SS Igbos as minorities in a Niger Delta Republic?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Mogidi: 7:09pm On May 13, 2015
atlwireles:

I have listened to lots of old Sonny Okosun music. Playing old tapes of Bishop Benson idahosa to bring peace to my soul. Our salvation from this hell call Nigeria is at hand.

So na Sonny Okosun you dey listen hehehe, abeg pass me chief Omoko-moko, when I was a child my auntie (Urhobo woman) would play chief Omoko-moko 24/7.

Urhobo wadooo!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Jesusloveyou: 7:14pm On May 13, 2015
OneNaira6:

My sentiment exactly. They accuse GEJ as the most corrupt president in history of Nigeria and everyday during that accusations I kept checking the world corruption index to see if Nigeria ranked as the worst and ironically it didn't. Infact, moved up albeit a bit. It made me wonder for a nation that held the position as the most corrupt country in the entire planet for damn near a decade accuse a man as being the most corrupt yet his administration never recieved such rank, that says quite alot how much they abhor him and using illogical reason to back it up. Even NOI they constantly attacking, belittling, etc used the little power she had to completely erase Nigeria high accumulated debts. Ironically, it's that same woman they accuse of indebting the country. What was the reason for the hatred and sheer display of non gratitude towards? It was simple, she was an igbo and a SS. Smh!!! The Economy increased, despite the distractions from SW and North, yet they dismissed such process and deemed it "fake" even though CNN amd other nations verified the report. After a while, I realized the hatred towards GEJ isn't because he is as bad as they claimed, Infact out of all nigerian past president, he was the best they had but their hatred towards his ethnicity created propaganda to belittle his effort.
He wasn't the best towards the BH problem, which to be honest I really don't blame him because considering the amount of sympathizes BH was getting from northerners, could we really blame him for being suspicious?
ur sentiment and bigotry na first class, defending ur corrupt brother,that is too bad of u,nigeria cannot go on like this with ur type,
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by atlwireles: 7:17pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:

So na Sonny Okosun you dey listen hehehe, abeg pass me chief Omoko-moko, when I was a child my auntie (Urhobo woman) would play chief Omoko-moko 24/7.

Uhrobo wadooo!! grin grin grin

I remember the great Omoko-moko hit, "let them say God is above". I don't have any of his records, just lots of Isoko gospel music. Sonny Okosun music is my sober reflection about Nigeria. Papa Idahosa reminds me of all things that are possible in life. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Malawian(m): 7:17pm On May 13, 2015
Chigold101:
well the northern ZOO keepers do not want it so shove it into some space...

Well my BIAFRANS BROTHERS or LOWER NIGER REPUBLIC... Independence is given but FREEDOM is taken & it is always done with force.

Nigeria is a big ZOO. Humans do not belong here.

Freedom to be called LOWER NIGER REPUBLICE or BIAFRA is what we take not through anything other than backing out of this zoo. I am waiting to see what happens after our leader make their presentation at UN this June .
it would be nice to observe a sit at home protest during the presentation.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by lazsnaira(m): 7:18pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
People has called me names here,because of same stand.i av' been tagged Igbo by many idiots,who doesnt know how weeks i spent in the creeks,to fight for the emancipation of Niger Delta.I went as far as swearing with my life and that of my father,to prove to one us.eless Ikwerreboy here yesterday,that am not Igbo,but a proud son of Niger Delta,and ibibio by ethnicity.by difference with him is that,i av' seen what he hasnt yet seen,and he is still living in pre/post war propoganda era,
Truth is that,our future is in danger,if we dont act now.
Absolute resource control/true federalism.Anything short of that,is outright division.
But hear the hardest truth;the last thing that the Hausa/fulani oligarchy,and their oil savvy/political surrogates/slaves in southwest will do,is to support it.
Nigeria=Niger Delta Oil.and Niger Delta Oil=Nigeria.Take our oil away,Nigeria collapses.
Our unity is 'oiled' by our oil and political inequality.
Our only option,is referrendum.
A negotiated Biafra/Lower Niger Region,where all groups are federating units,with less power at the centre,and absolute resource control,will be the best thing to happen to us.
We are 98% christains,with closely related cultures and boundaries.

Pls kindly note that the vermin under the name of ikwerreboy is a Miserable usurper who impersonate that name to create division. He is a sobo boy who lives in ph. I met him once & cursed him when I found out he was an impostor.

Lot of cockroaches in nairaland hidding under people's identity.

Most of them are yorubas & the rest are sobos who are still blind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Won’t Call Witnesses Because Atiku’s Witnesses Supported Our Case, Inec’s Law / FMARD Approves N30M Contract For Mosque Construction / South-South Governors Meet In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.