Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State (17166 Views)

Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era / "Niger Delta" Biafra Threat: 31 Days Ultimatum Had Long Lapsed / What The Niger Delta Want From The Nigeria State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 7:20pm On May 13, 2015
My dear, it seems it is you that should do some homework! It has been my personal habit to correct such anomalies, just like unnamed people like you also intersect with me in discourse! You are basically doing what you accused me of by giving me "attention"! You limit your IQ to types of phones, in a very childish display! What does that tell you about intelligence and homework?

fineguy11:
i can see u're starved of attention on nairaland if not why wld any person quote an insult directed@another person..abeg drop dat techno phone and go do ur homework kiddo......
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ideykwum: 7:21pm On May 13, 2015
Nice one bro!

kakakent:

Yup bro handshake... Btw my elder sis z married to a warri guy he z a cul dude
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:37pm On May 13, 2015
softysparky:
I will gladly vote for him.
kisses darling...just ask him to check his box for letters...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Genius100: 7:37pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
You should consider reading your history. It was Gen Abubakar that decreed the 13% derivation formular and inputed it into the Military 1999 Constitution. In fact, it was Alabo Wellington Okrika and other SS delegation that made case for the meagre 25% derivation during Abacha's 1994 constitutional Conference. 13% was finally agreed and it was approved by Abacha but not yet decreed. It was Abubakar that decreed it in the 1999 Constitution. Obasanjo did Nothing other than create the fraudulent NDDC. The 2005 Obj's conference was fraudulent and they tactically avoided our demand. Same with GEJ's 2014 Conference where the SW and the North refused our 50% demand. Stop giving credit to Obj.

Meanwhile, Abdulsalam approved the 13% because the Ijaw Youths were determined to self-determination. Not because he liked us.

Guy, did Abdulsalam pay the Niger Delta 13%? OBJ implemented the 13% and he was the first president in the history of Nigeria to pay it...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
Which Obj? Obj that wanted to reduce the earning of the SS through his fraudulent Onshore/offshore dichotomy? By the way who ever asked for 13% derivative? It was Abdulsallam and not Obj that introduced the 13% and not obj. Read your history!

By the way: who care about 13%? We are talking 50% and you are talking 13%. I should take 13% of MY resources while you and your friends enjoy 87% abi? Well done.

LMAO!!!
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by fineguy11(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2015
ideykwum:
My dear, it seems it is you that should do some homework! It has been my personal habit to correct such anomalies, just like unnamed people like you also intersect with me in discourse! You are basically doing what you accused me of by giving me "attention"! You limit your IQ to types of phones, in a very childish display! What does that tell you about intelligence and homework?

JEGA MODE ACTIVATED.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by fineguy11(m): 7:48pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

Nice one! Do you know that an Ibibio Man was once a Biafra president?
Do you know the meaning of Niger-delta?
Incase I forget, Akpabio honouring the great Biafran heroes....
HOW CAN AN IBIBIO MAN BE A PRESIDENT OF A COUNTRY THAT NEVER EXISTED??i think u shld rephrase that question,,,,as par the meaning of naijadelta,,oil producing areas of nigeria so what's your point exactly
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Macelliot(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2015
fineguy11:
HOW CAN AN IBIBIO MAN BE A PRESIDENT OF A COUNTRY THAT NEVER EXISTED??i think u shld rephrase that question,,,,as par the meaning of naijadelta,,oil producing areas of nigeria so what's your point exactly
Point of Correction! Biafra existed for 3(three) solid years... Google is your friend.....
We Igbos aren't intrested in Oil... I don't give a damn about any oil....
What's big deal in Oil, when Imo, Abia, Anambra and Anioma(Delta) has oil too... .... ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by OneNaira6: 8:03pm On May 13, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
ur sentiment and bigotry na first class, defending ur corrupt brother,that is too bad of u,nigeria cannot go on like this with ur type,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by francizy(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2015
softysparky:

I will gladly vote for him.

I will be his campaign manager cheesy
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by SeverusSnape(m): 8:12pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
BEFORE THE SPIRIT OF ORUBEBE DIES...

Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for get Jonathan out of the way election. From the comments of Danjuma, to the rants of Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list.

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets.

Yes, subsequently we were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of our people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like us. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any easterner rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co.

North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aboki" ruled my grandfather, my father and now myself. When will it all end with all the sycophants, "sabos", and seeming half smart people we have.

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...

I'm moved, this is so touching...Are you a writer?, I'm speechless. God bless you and your entire generations.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by kingbasil: 8:54pm On May 13, 2015
My fellow Biafran brothers, the 30th of May is and will always be the date our dear country was declared an independent state. It should be a day to remember all our fallen heroes who gave their lives up for the land of the rising sun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by ArodeTsolaye: 9:12pm On May 13, 2015
OneNaira6:
So in order words, a referendum should be conducted. If that's what the OP entire write up is then I'm in total support of it. I am complete disagreement with any minority group joining Biafra. Like I told SE Igbos and I'm going to say the same thing to you OP if minority groups are included in biafra, count anioma out of that nation, we'll stay in Nigeria or stay on our own. The same way if Anioma is included in ND republic, once again count us out.
Biafra is SE, Anioma igbo and rivers igbo
ND republic is for the rest of una

That's all I want and all I support.

#no hatred towards other SS groups. I just want a peaceful nation to call my own and teach my future kids about. That is all

My sentiments exactly, I don't want another mini-nigeria with cries of marginalization, existent or nonexistent. I want a country where everyone is equal. We've known the SSners accross the East Niger before the British came, we can work with them but they must be allowed to have their own country or join Igbos if they agree to. A UN referendum can be held and outcome must be respected.

An Igbo/Igboid-only country will be Ideal but Efiks, Ibibio, Ijaws and others in the Lower are interested we can't shut them out. We can also try a confederate system with seccesion clause.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by teufelein(f): 9:14pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista, why are you asking for 50% of your property when you can have it all..?
The restoration of Great Biafra is only solution and therein lies the former eastern nigeria's redemption, salvation and progressive development, without Biafra we're doomed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Chigold101(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2015
Malawian:

it would be nice to observe a sit at home protest during the presentation.
lolzzzzz it is not necessary if you ask me... however Biafrans will observe sit at home on May 30th...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by lazsnaira(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:

And in the other thread I called your dad a .... for raising a mentally deranged ..... who announces his presence on any thread with his trade mark tomfoolery.

Don't bother replying, you can bet I won't honour your invitation to derail.
Why attack the man, rather than the point he raised? That's bullying.

If the man barcanista really said that at anytime then he must have been without his senses at that material time.

Because at this moment he has realized his fathers&grandfathers had slept&died for a wrong course, Nigeria for the past 50years.

It is said that better late than never. If the fate of Jonathan would at this point in time make the south south people realize that in nigeria they have got only one big brother, the Igbos, fine & good. But if on the other hand they want to continue on the mistakes of adaka boro & saro wiwa, fine & good.

We will all live forever in a nigeria we had no hand in creating. And will all continue bear the pains.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 10:11pm On May 13, 2015
lazsnaira:

Pls kindly note that the vermin under the name of ikwerreboy is a Miserable usurper who impersonate that name to create division. He is a sobo boy who lives in ph. I met him once & cursed him when I found out he was an impostor.

Lot of cockroaches in nairaland hidding under people's identity.

Most of them are yorubas & the rest are sobos who are still blind.
If he knows me in real life,he cant come to me talking trash.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 13, 2015
lazsnaira:

If the man barcanista really said that at anytime then he must have been without his senses at that material time.

Because at this moment he has realized his fathers&grandfathers had slept&died for a wrong course, Nigeria for the past 50years.

It is said that better late than never. If the fate of Jonathan would at this point in time make the south south people realize that in nigeria they have got only one big brother, the Igbos, fine & good. But if on the other hand they want to continue on the mistakes of adaka boro & saro wiwa, fine & good.

We will all live forever in a nigeria we had no hand in creating. And will all continue bear the pains.
My guy, nobody is following the route that leads to nowhere. Be rest assured that I am 100% loyal to our united course.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 13, 2015
NDPVF:
If he knows me in real life,he cant come to me talking trash.
Don't mind people like that. It's easy to spot impostors

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 13, 2015
teufelein:
barcanista, why are you asking for 50% of your property when you can have it all..?
The restoration of Great Biafra is only solution and therein lies the former eastern nigeria's redemption, salvation and progressive development, without Biafra we're doomed!
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by NDPVF(m): 10:22pm On May 13, 2015
OneNaira6:

Actually ikwerreboy is actually a yoruba known as vansnicker. He masqueraded himself as ikwerre in other to start problems between SS and SE and when his Vansnicker ID was banned, he created the ikwerre boy ID. The dude is not remotely close to being from SS. He's a bona-fide SW coward. Listen to him at your own peril
They are cowards who cant stand and fight for whatever they want,instead,they keep hidding under fake monikers.shm on them.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:42pm On May 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I'm moved, this is so touching...Are you a writer?, I'm speechless. God bless you and your entire generations.

cheesy No, I am not...Thanks so much and same to u...Someone advised that I make it a thread of its own...Maybe I will just do some modifications and paste it there for more audience... what do you think?...And barcanista; is it good enough for your blog?....Can you copy and paste it there?
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesy No, I am not...Thanks so much and same to u...Someone advised that I make it a thread of its own...Maybe I will just do some modifications and paste it there for more audience... what do you think?...And barcanista; is it good enough for your blog?....Can you copy and paste it there?
I agree with you. Would you mind to be a contributor for my blog? And please create a new thread with that post
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by realjoker(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
mediocrity on its highest level, barcanista still remains a sore loser, and he does not fail to amaze me. But i have some question for you.
Why now?
Your kinsman is still the president why cant him lobby for regional resource control?
What happen to the abadoned nddc complex project in porth harcourt?
Despite all this why do you chose to support apc before you decamp to pdp?

Your articules are meant for the gullible minds so cheers.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:18pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
I agree with you. Would you mind to be a contributor for my blog? And please create a new thread with that post

Yes, with all pleasure...I have tried without success to comment there...I asked you and you didn't reply...what time would be appropriate now to create the thread?...go read the original again... I did some correction anyway now...hope I didn't make it boring cheesy
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by SeverusSnape(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I think that's a good idea. It's a really nice write up. If you do, Remember to tag me...I Just hope I'll be less busy by then.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:34pm On May 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I think that's a good idea. It's a really nice write up. If you do, Remember to tag me...I Just hope I'll be less busy by then.

I will boss...thanks so much...best of the night...

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Yes, with all pleasure...I have tried without success to comment there...I asked you and you didn't reply...what time would be appropriate now to create the thread?...go read the original again... I did some correction anyway now...hope I didn't make it boring cheesy
Thanks...I will pm you..

Lemme read that text
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by SeverusSnape(m): 11:42pm On May 13, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I will boss...thanks so much...best of the night...
You're welcome my good sire...Nighty Night.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:44pm On May 13, 2015
barcanista:
Thanks...I will pm you..

Lemme read that text
OK...your boy is waiting...
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by Nobody: 1:12am On May 14, 2015
donnypool:

Go back to the east and request for a biafra state that's how sane people work. You can't be in delta state, PH city or calabar screaming biafra.

take your butt back to the east and fight for your people.
Hey SHUTUP!!! Next time don't say "WE" because you are not the pple's mouthpiece.
Re: Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State by darfay: 1:26am On May 14, 2015
It would be the worst form of sucide for we the niger deltans to form an alignment with the easterners. One of the major reasons while this country is still together is that no single ethnic group has ABSOLUTE dominance over the affairs of the country now going with the igbos will spell doom for us because there will be just wan dominant tribe with absolute dominance over our reasources, niger deltans will be oppresed by the igbo economically,politically and what have you,what is happening to the igalas in anambra will be heaven compared to what would be the lot of niger deltans if we join biafra, from fry pan to fire then we begin our struggle all over, a war that cannot be won. It is high time we set our priorities right. Are we happy we the present nigeria, should the entire system be restructured, should we push for good governance and hold our leaders accountable,or should we go all out for a sovereign republic of niger delta. These are questions we ought to ask ourselves and see which wan is most achievable and then go all out for it not attaching ourselfes to Biafra.we have bigger head aches than that,what we need is a unique solution perculiar to our plight as niger deltans. NIGER DELTA PIKIN MAKE UNA HEAR WORD O

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Takes Campaign To Ijebu-ode, Meets Awujale, Others - Photos / Ibrahim Tanko Warns That Disobeying Court Orders Will Attract Grave Consequences / Gbajabiamila To Tinubu: You’re An Eagle, Where You Are Going Is Destined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.