Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47527 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
FORTY THREE

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
The power had been epileptic and she forgot to warm the beans before she dashed out much earlier in the day. She hissed in frustration because she could perceive the familiar odor of food going stale. But this beans would not go like that. She had been craving for beans all day long and she had to make do with this one like that! She had even bought fresh agege bread to go with it and no demon would make her miss the meal she had been craving for.

So she opened her cupboard and poured some grounded pepper flakes into the beans. That was the magic; for mama grounded pepper was the kick most stale dishes required. Mama stirred her beans some more then she tasted it ''Ahhhhhh! Not so bad now'' she whispered.

Once she was done, she wiped her hands against a napkin and entered the parlor. This time around she sat opposite Bukky and stared at the young lady as she continued to weep. Finally she spoke up ‘’what is all this nonsense about?’’

‘’You know don’t you? Osazuwa has broken up with me’’

Then mama folded her arms across her chest and announced ‘’about time!’’

‘’Are you happy now? It’s just the way you wanted it. You have your ₦500,000 for the completion of your house – not a penny more, not a penny less’’

Then mama smiled and whispered ‘’my God does not lie. Oya where is the money nah? By God’s grace, if I start now by the end of next month I would have completed it. In short by the end of this month I should be able to manage it. I hear life at home is not so bad anymore. I hear that useless minister has finally lived up to expectation. The general hospital is now up and running. They have graded the road even NEPA has improved. I hear the baale finally got the useless local government chairman abi senator to install a general borehole for the community. If you like you can join me at home until you figure out the next step in your life’’

‘’Mama, you caused this and it’s all about what you could get from me’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
‘’Mama, you have killed me!’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Haba touchmeder, in what way have we offended you? cry cry . Thank you for the updates so far, but just like oliver twist, we are asking for more. PLEAAAA....SE

Please bear with me and thanks for your patience. I am currently away on a trip and I will not be so regular until I return home. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
touchmeder:

Please bear with me and thanks for your patience. I am currently away on a trip and I will not be so regular until I return home. Many thanks.
OK. Thank you. Wish you a great time away and a safe trip back.
Re: The Cul De Sac by arabaribiti(m): 10:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good story am here to get more
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm back. Nice one touchmeder, still following
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Touchmeder, do u worth d silver medal I'm about to giv out?.....
..... time will tell °°°°
Anyway, all I av to say (for now) is....... TWALE
Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2015
great writer aren't common anymore o, so less pamper our touchmeder very well, boss when you are coming back buy more pen/ink for more story.
Re: The Cul De Sac by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2015
Your updates are always voluminous. Thank you so much Touchmeder.
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2015
Nice update. But this Mama Bukky is wicked oooooo,saying she helped her daughter with this quagmire she has put her!? Diaris God oooooooohhhh!
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
After Pearl was released, she spent the next few days running from pillar to post. The journey started from her house to the police station then to Professor Buwa’s house but it was completely useless. At the police station, Imonitie had been moved from the cell to the main prison in a week.

The first time she visited him at the main prison, she wept until her tear ducts ran dry. By the end of the visit, Imonitie begged her not to come again. He advised her to consider their baby first then they held hands before he was led away.

That visit only made things worse for Pearl. The following day, she went to the station to find out how the case was proceeding. The police said they were wrapping up their investigation and her husband would soon be charged. When Pearl asked about bail, Ejemen told her to be patient. She said Imonitie would appear in court first before she could make a bail application.

Pearl could barely believe what she was hearing – that was weeks away - nearly 3 weeks! By this time, Imonitie’s friends and family were worried to death. His father kept complaining; he didn’t believe his son hit anyone.

He kept saying Imonitie was a careful driver ‘’he has never hit anyone in his life not even while he was learning'' papa moaned. ''I taught him how to drive; he is the most responsible driver I’ve ever met. I’m sure that child has been killed somewhere before she stepped on the road!’’ the old man concluded.

Meanwhile Pearl’s pastor and some family members tried to see Professor Buwa but it was an exercise in futility. Prof had refused to see Pearl for days unending but that day she came with her folks, he came out and yelled at them. Then he promised to release his dogs on them. That day, the small party stood outside and continued to beg until a black Rottweiler and an Alsatian dog ran out and began to bark like mad. Immediately everyone dispersed like gas.

Pearl also tried to go through people who knew Professor Buwa but it was the same thing. Nogie spent many hours comforting and praying with her. She told Pearl once Mrs Buwa returned; she would plead on her behalf.

Some days later, someone knocked on Pearl’s door and she went to open up. She was shocked to see Jesuorobo; he was the last person she expected to see. She stared at him in anger then he began to apologize. She didn’t say a single word; she just continued to stare at him and weep. Once he was done, he stretched out his hand and gave her a small black polythene bag ‘’what do you have there?’’ Pearl whispered.

‘’It’s your money. I am truly sorry doctor and I hope your husband is released pretty soon’’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pukka36:
Hmmm

Hello you.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
FORTY FOUR

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
M going all out on this one.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bukky waited for them to finish then she continued ‘’Ivie, nor be so oh!’’

‘’You say nor be so abi okay make I ask you question. Have you ever told you mother what she did was wrong? Have you ever told her that this house does not belong to her? Bukola, have you ever called your mother to orderrrrrrrr?’’

Before Bukky could reply, another relation cleared his throat and laughed ‘’Ivie, leave matter for Matthias! How can she call her mother to order? Is she not like her own mother abi nor be she enter another woman house snatch person husband? Witches – both of them!’’

Then Bukky walked into the house quickly – it was useless trying to reason with them. Her mother was away but she had a spare key – it was the same one she always had while she lived here. She set her travelling bag on the ground and struggled with the door for some time. Finally she opened it and made her way to the large parlor.

She stared at the familiar space as more memories flooded in. It had not changed in all these years. She remembered those days when daddy Edigue and her mother sat on the long couch and laughed into the night. At that point in her life she had everything.

She walked from one room to another and smiled as more memories rushed in thick and fast. Once she was done, she took her travelling bag to her mother’s room and set by the foot of the bed. First she needed to get a drink. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a large glass.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by Emodeee: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pukka36:
Hmmm

Hae dear, didn't u c ma mention?
Re: The Cul De Sac by Doughyeenbae(f): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Jeez.......no not suicide sad
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 8:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
touchmeder:

Hello you.
Nice job Ma'am!
Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
it is so good insecticide has now turn to juice in Bukky's part. Too much thinking and depression.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by gal10(f): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
shocked shocked cry chai but bukky why na Talk of digging a pit and falling into it.. Na real sniper... Touch me there.. U don touch me there with this one!! Good job Ma'am

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by eitsei(m): 11:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
feed me more
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 12:42am On Jun 24, 2015
This is life in its practical form;vanity upon vanity! If she eventually die and the Okungbowas now become a close knit family and her mother is also blaming her while the mother herself is exonerating herself from calamity she put her daughter to by her indulgence and gluttonous nature, so what is the essence of their deceit and under hand exploit? As for the Eboseles they will have a reprieve soon because God knows their intent!
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 11:47am On Jun 24, 2015
touchmeder:
It was the juice no one was supposed to drink. Actually it was not juice. It was an insecticide by the name Sniper!
JESUS!!!! Dont know why I'm 'empathizing' this Bukky of a woman

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.